PDA

View Full Version : Justifying Planar Cosmology Change to 4E

Charles Phipps
2008-02-19, 10:37 PM
Over at Planewalker.com

http://www.planewalker.com/forums/viewThread.php?intPostID=43563

I'm writing up an adventure module called the Illuminated Eye to deal with the transformation of the Planescape Multiverse from 3E to 4E. It'll involve Aoskar the Portal God awakening and transforming the multiverse like Vecna did.

But what are YOUR ideas on a good reason to change the Great Wheel into what we know will be 4E's version of it.

SurlySeraph
2008-02-19, 10:40 PM
A Wizard (of the coast) did it. :smallbiggrin:

Azerian Kelimon
2008-02-19, 10:42 PM
I'd recommend something else. When The Lady deals with someone, they STAY dead. Aoskar exists no more, not even as a corpse in the astral plane.

SurlySeraph
2008-02-19, 10:43 PM

Charles Phipps
2008-02-19, 11:09 PM
I'd recommend something else. When The Lady deals with someone, they STAY dead. Aoskar exists no more, not even as a corpse in the astral plane.

He's been confirmed to have a corpse in the Astral surrounded by swirling blades.

Also, the adventure module implies the Lady had her own reasons for utterly ****ing over the Multiverse.

Pronounceable
2008-02-20, 12:19 AM

Quoted for truth.

Devils_Advocate
2008-02-20, 10:14 AM
To paraphrase from one online discussion, regarding the Forgotten Realms setting being detached from the Great Wheel and getting its own cosmology for 3E:

"I think that the current explanation for these changes is that the great and powerful archmage Rett Kahn used epic magic to rewrite reality for no good reason because he was bored."

"I dunno, boredom seems like a pretty good reason to me."

Telonius
2008-02-20, 12:55 PM
Somebody in the Overdeity's office realized they hadn't rotated the tires in an eon or two.