PDA

View Full Version : How Will the Resistance React?

Kinneus
2008-02-19, 11:36 PM
This looks like trouble to me.
Pretend you're the average, low-level grunt in the Resistance. Your leader, the only ray of hope still glinting in Azure City, suddenly appears and informs everybody that, golly gee, she sure appreciates the hard work you've been putting in, but she's decided it's about time she skip town with this mysterious fey creature you've never seen before. Oh, and she'll be taking the halfling, (the second-strongest Resistance member besides her) with her, and probably some supplies, too. Good luck fighting Xykon! Will we be back? Well... probably not. We have other priorities, see, like some top-secret stuff about a gate that I can't tell you about. Who'll lead you? I don't know... maybe Thanh? You know, the Paladin that makes a suicidal last stand every time he goes out on a mission? The one who recently got Dominated and tried to kill everybody? Yeah, I'm sure he'll lead you just fine. Good luck, suckers!
Doesn't sound like such a sweet deal, does it?
As a foreigner and a rogue, I'm amazed that Haley has been able to secure the loyalty of so many Azurites. Any attempts to leave on her part would likely be viewed with extreme skepticism, or at least cynicism. Maybe they'll assume she's decided to switch sides, and is selling them out to Xykon. Or maybe they'll just assume that, without their fearless and experienced leader, the Resistance is doomed, and the group will just splinter apart.
What do you think? Do you think it's possible that Haley, Belkar and Celia will be fighting more than just Xykon's troops during their escape from Azure City? Might they be fighting their former allies in the Resistance as well? What will happen to the Resistance once she leaves?

Chronos
2008-02-19, 11:45 PM
We have other priorities, see, like some top-secret stuff about a gate that I can't tell you about.It's very public knowledge by now that there's a honking big rift in the sky, and most of the resistance members probably know or have guessed (even if Haley hasn't told them) that that rift is closely related to Xykon's goals in the city. I think that they'll probably accept that as a legitimate quest. Plus, the fact that Haley is an outsider works in her favor, here: She never had any obligation towards the city to begin with, so the months that she spent leading the resistance are more than anyone could really have asked of her, to begin with.

And I sort of got the impression that Niu is Haley's second in command, so she would presumably be left in charge.

Querzis
2008-02-19, 11:51 PM
It's very public knowledge by now that there's a honking big rift in the sky, and most of the resistance members probably know or have guessed (even if Haley hasn't told them) that that rift is closely related to Xykon's goals in the city. I think that they'll probably accept that as a legitimate quest. Plus, the fact that Haley is an outsider works in her favor, here: She never had any obligation towards the city to begin with, so the months that she spent leading the resistance are more than anyone could really have asked of her, to begin with.

And I sort of got the impression that Niu is Haley's second in command, so she would presumably be left in charge.

And beside, since Haley is the main source of distrust between the three resistance faction, her depart might actually help the Resistance. They might finally be able to work together instead of fighting with each other.

Sir Conkey
2008-02-20, 12:43 AM
And beside, since Haley is the main source of distrust between the three resistance faction, her depart might actually help the Resistance. They might finally be able to work together instead of fighting with each other.

Awe damnit, I was totally gonna say that. Oh well.
I totally agree, she said herself that she was one of the only things keeping them from working together (paraphrasing, to tired to check accuracy). And the Azurites arn't going to turn away eachother just because they followed somebody who saved them.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-02-20, 01:49 AM

I honestly can't see all three resistance movements coming together just because Haley is leaving town. Remember, one group is Pro-Hinjo and the other is Anti-Hinjo. The best that can happen is for Haley's resistance to pick one of the two sides.

The worst is that all three groups fight each other and will be unable to win Azure City back.

Querzis
2008-02-20, 03:13 AM
I honestly can't see all three resistance movements coming together just because Haley is leaving town. Remember, one group is Pro-Hinjo and the other is Anti-Hinjo. The best that can happen is for Haley's resistance to pick one of the two sides.

The worst is that all three groups fight each other and will be unable to win Azure City back.

Uh actually one think Hinjo has been corrupted by the OOTS and the other think Hinjo killed Shojo...so Haley group is pretty much the only Pro-Hinjo group. Man Hinjo is really screwed up. The nobles and some of his own soldiers want him dead...

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-20, 03:17 AM
There is a chance that Haley leaving would help, but the fact is that her and Belkar are probably the 2 strongest resistance members, so the fact that they are leaving could be a problem (and it could suggest that she was responsible for corrupting Hinjo).

Kanti
2008-02-20, 04:02 AM
No one cares!!! the resistance was most likely to end up all dead anyways. What with all the level draining and heavy spells being cast at them. They were also low on food, not many capable fighters or casters, sure they've some clerics, but that can only get them so far. Also it could be possible that the faction of the resistance that Hailey leads will follow her out of the city.

Morgan Wick
2008-02-20, 12:32 PM
Uh actually one think Hinjo has been corrupted by the OOTS

That's the pro-Hinjo group. They think Hinjo could do no wrong if it weren't for those meddling kids.