PDA

View Full Version : Mst3k

EntilZha
2008-02-19, 11:38 PM
This past weekend I picked up Mystery Science Theater 3000 Vols. 3 and 6 on DVD at my local Half Price Books store, and watching them got me reminiscing about the show. I got my start with some tapes a friend of mine had recorded, and I never looked back. I was even a member of the MST3K Information Club! So I created this thread for all us Misties here in the Playground. With that in mind, I'm curious:

What was your first experiment?
Favorite experiment?
Favorite invention?
Favorite short?
Favorite character?
Favorite line?

My answers:
First experiment: Earth vs. the Spider. Laughed my butt off.

Favorite experiment: Hard to pick just one, but I throughly enjoyed "Gamera vs. Guiron."

Favorite Invention: the BGC-19 (the exoskeleton with the drum kit attached, allowing the drummer to be a dynamic front man).

Favorite short: Mr. B Natural. Wrong in so many freakin' ways yet so hilarious. The Home Economics Story runs a close second.

Favorite character: Crow T. Robot. He always seemed to have a great line for any situation.

Favorite line: From "Earth vs. the Spider": A construction worker is placing a bundle of dynamite sticks and Crow says, "I got this dynamite from the Coyote, hope it doesn't roll back up on me."

Any general observations, fond memories, etc. are cool too.

ARMOURERERIC
2008-02-20, 02:32 AM
What was your first experiment?

Giant Gila Monster

Favorite experiment?

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Favorite invention?

Easy Bake Foundry (I would so actually buy one)

Favorite short?

X Marks the Spot, Posture Posse

Favorite character?

Tom Servo

Favorite line?

Oh my god, they're killing gortons fishermen (city limits)

Eric the Hollywood Armourer :)

smellie_hippie
2008-02-20, 08:20 AM
I don't know that I can actually recall my first experiment. I can say that I am a bigger fan of Joel than of Mike.

Favorite experiment? Space Mutiny... or maybe Pod People... Oh Oh! The Mole People! Gah!! Too many!!! I love them all!

Favorite character? I like Joel.

Favorite short? Definately Mr B Natural.

Favorite line? That would also be from Mr B Natural. "Mr B... you're HOT!"

I have one of the DVD sets, but I can't remember which one. It has Bloodlust, Catalina Caper and two others that aren't rining any bells at the moment. I have a half-dozen on purchased VHS (Eegah, Mitchell, The Crawling Hand...) and another dozen or so recorded fomr the glorious days of Sci-Fi channel.

I think it might be time to place an order to Rhino to expand the collection.

TheRiov
2008-02-20, 10:00 AM
just a few quotes from me: dont even know the episode/movie.

scene: some vampire is about to break through the door while a group hides in the room.
Crow: "Quick! Everyone pretend you don't have any blood!"

I also like the Skit from the movie where Crow is trying to tunnel back to Earth. Mike is asking him what he thinks he's doing:
Crow: Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.
[Later: Crow has punched hole in the hull and the air is being blown out into space.]
Crow: Hey, Mike, you think you can toss me my calculations? Thanks! Ah, here it is. "Breach Hull - All Die." Even had it underlined.

H. Zee
2008-02-21, 02:28 AM
I was too young and too British to watch the shows when they originally aired, but I've been watching them on YouTube and I have to say they are my favourite thing EVER. MST3K is the only thing which can actually make me laugh out loud when I'm on my own.

What was your first experiment? I started off by watching all the shorts, then moved on to the big stuff...

Favorite experiment? Oooh, a toss-up between Manos: The Hands of Fate and Hobgoblins... but Space Mutiny was awesome too... Arrrg, too many to choose from!

Favorite short? Probably Hired! Part 2. I love the bit where the old man randomly puts a handkerchief on his head and Joel and the robots have a field day.

Favorite character? Crow T. Robot, but they're all hilarious.

Favorite line? Again, too many to choose from, but I like Torgo in Manos after he has his hand burnt off and, as he runs away, one of the robots says: "OK thanks boss bye-bye!" That had me in stitches.

Also in Space Mutiny - "And so our hero bravely burns the disabled man alive."

And in Santa Claus Conquers the Martians - "HAHAHAA! ... Sorry."