PDA

View Full Version : [CLASS]Narn Tracker

Superglucose
2008-02-20, 02:15 AM
"I swear by the blood of my Father that this atrocity shall not go avenged. Any and all humans who had so much as seen this order and did not stop it shall fall before me. Vengeance for this betrayal will be had, by my hand." -- Elrich of Narn, Tracker

Notes: This is an NPC class that is designed to be slightly overpowered. It would be impossible for my PCs to take this class because it requires them to, well, roleplay something that would be pretty much a contradiction. I decided that rather than NPC classes being weaker (though I get why the bulk of NPC classes are weaker), the BBEG's class (and I prefer intelligent, class-based BBEGs) should be more powerful than the PCs class, and different. The net result is that individually, BBEGs are slighlty more powerful than an individual PC, meaning that when the BBEG and company meet up with the party, the party is going to have to work hard, and maybe need some luck to win.

The Narn Trackers are a group of elite assassins, sent out to hunt down the enemies of Narn, the greatest elven city on the planet. Each tracker is assigned a certain type of target, and sent around the world tracking down their assignments and either eliminating or capturing them with a combination of stealth and brute force. They are equally at home in cityscapes or forests, and excel at hiding.

BAB: Full
Saves: F/R
HD: d8
Skills: 6+int
Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Craft (Alchemy), Craft (Bowmaking), Craft (Weaponsmithing), Climb, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Informaion, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Tumble, Use Rope

1 Sneak Attack +1d6 Favored Enemy Track Fast Movement +10
2 Rapid Shot
3 Sneak Attack +2d6
4 Two Weapon Fighting
5 Favored Enemy upgrade, Sneak Attack +3d6
6 Woodland Stride, Poison Refinement +1
7 Sneak Attack +4d6
8 Swift Tracker
9 Improved Two Weapon Fighting, Sneak Attack +5d6
10 Improved Precise Shot, Favored enemy upgrade, Fast Movement +20
11 Sneak Attack +6d6
12 Poison Refinement +2
13 Sneak Attack +7d6
14 Poison Use
15 Sneak Attack +8d6, Favored Enemy Upgrade
16 Great Two Weapon Fighting, Many Shot
17 Sneak Attack +9d6
18 Hide in Plain Sight, Camoflage, Poison Refinement +3
19 Sneak Attack +10d6
20 Trackless Step, Favored Enemy Upgrade, Fast Movement +30

Favored Enemy:
Exactly like the Ranger class feature, but may only chose creatures that are native to the plane that Narn is located on.

Favored Enemy Upgrade:
A Narn Tracker is always geared towards a specific type of foe. A human hunter never learns to hunt Elves with nearly the same proficiency, so a Narn Tracker only has one favored enemy. But every five levels the bonuses increase by 2, representing a more learned approach in defeating their foes.

Poison Refinement:
the hunters of Narn learned long ago that it is possible to increase the potency of a poison. Thus, a Narn Tracker who has a poison may make a DC 10 alchemy check (a Narn Tracker may never take 10 on this check) to increase the DC of the poison by the number shown. This check takes 1 hour to take, and there is no recheck on the same batch of poison. By failing the check, the Narn Tracker spoils the batch of poison she was using.

Xyk
2008-02-20, 11:25 PM
This seems to be some sort of crazy almost gestalt rogue/ranger/scout. In fact it appears to be more powerful than a ranger with full sneak attack, poison use, and fast movement. Yeah I think this is pretty much a more powerful gestalt ranger/rogue. With classes like this the PCs should certainly work hard and it should be wonderful fun. Definitely don't let the PCs be this.

Superglucose
2008-02-20, 11:27 PM
This seems to be some sort of crazy almost gestalt rogue/ranger/scout. In fact it appears to be more powerful than a ranger with full sneak attack, poison use, and fast movement. Yeah I think this is pretty much a more powerful gestalt ranger/rogue. With classes like this the PCs should certainly work hard and it should be wonderful fun. Definitely don't let the PCs be this.

Too much? Should it be changed?

Also, the PCs will only be encountering this guy twice... at most. First time at level 10, and depending on how his brother (a level 12 wizard) fares in the fight, possibly again a few levels later.

Stycotl
2008-02-21, 01:53 AM
i like the concept. it is similar to the build that i am trying to make for a pbp. i would not put a gap between npc and pc class power levels if i were you. i don't even agree with normal npc classes being less powerful. i think if an npc is less powerful, such as a commoner or militia member, it needs fewer hit dice.

anyway, that is just me. but i think others would probably agree. either tone it down until it hits normal powerful base class marks, or make sure other classes are just as powerful. i'd go with number 1.