PDA

View Full Version : Azure City II/Retaking of Azure City

The Hop Goblin
2008-02-21, 05:23 PM
What, if any, changes to the moral outlook/behaviors/laws/attitudes would change when the Azurites found a new city, or retake the old one?

I, for one, am not betting they will realize that their downfall was directly resultant of actions taken by the 'Paladins' in SoD.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-02-24, 12:29 PM
What, if any, changes to the moral outlook/behaviors/laws/attitudes would change when the Azurites found a new city, or retake the old one?

I, for one, am not betting they will realize that their downfall was directly resultant of actions taken by the 'Paladins' in SoD.

Well, I honestly can't see the Azurites making peace with the goblins anytime soon, if ever. Most of them don't even know the Sapphire Guard even exists, let alone what they did to the goblins.

There might be an uneasy truce, but that's about it.

ShellBullet
2008-02-24, 12:35 PM
They would be more hostile towards the goblins...

Most of AC citiziens didn't know about Sapphire guard or what they did to goblins, so they are fully justified looking goblins as evildoers...Not that they didn't before, but this war will defninately enchant that image.

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-24, 12:56 PM
Seeing as Hinjo et al are going to found a new stronghold so that they can regroup I think its more of an issue of what the relationship will be between the two.

Pie Guy
2008-02-27, 08:39 PM
I think they should just settle near one of their allies and not risk taking AC back.
Unless they're idiots, and they'd risk everything to get a 20 square mile plot of land.

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-28, 02:41 AM
Considering how Hinjo thought that him and the Order without Roy or V would be able to kill hundreds of Hobgoblins without Xykon attacking them, he would probably see that as a good plan.

kabbor
2008-02-28, 02:45 AM
I think they should just settle near one of their allies and not risk taking AC back.
Unless they're idiots, and they'd risk everything to get a 20 square mile plot of land.

Those of the Sapphire guard know that it is essential that they recapture AC, because the rift (and the sometime-to-be-reconstructed gate) must be in safe hands. And I'd put them down as reasonably safe hands.

The nobles, however, are a different story, and they will no doubt draw the same conclusion that you did.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-02-28, 11:14 AM

Which is what they are and what they'll do. :smalltongue:

David Argall
2008-02-28, 01:56 PM
The common reasoning is that if they kill one of you for having killed ten of them, then you have a right and duty to kill more of them in revenge. The paladins will get censored for losing [THE sin], but not for previous attacks on humanoids.

The Hop Goblin
2008-02-28, 03:37 PM
Well, I honestly can't see the Azurites making peace with the goblins anytime soon, if ever. Most of them don't even know the Sapphire Guard even exists, let alone what they did to the goblins.

There might be an uneasy truce, but that's about it.

Well, not just with goblins. Their attitudes about life and how they approach their gods, paladinhood, etc. Most races/countries in rl diverge in some way after being conquered, especially if its the first time. They could go hyper paranoid or they could pause and reflect that maybe how they behaved before doesn't work so well in the here and now.