PDA

View Full Version : Ghaele?

Xyk
2008-02-21, 06:48 PM
Ghaeles seem really cool to me. Using the monster class from savage species, they seem like an amazingly fun race/class. it also seems like Starfire from Teen Titans, what with the flying, orbs of light, super-strength, super every stat. It seems like they are amazing fighters and really useful for combat, and also use cleric magic.

The point of the thread is basically I'm wondering if there is anything is wrong with them and are they good at low levels. I would seriously consider playing one.

Ascension
2008-02-21, 06:56 PM
Not having Savage Species, I can't say whether it's efficient or effective to play one, but if you like them then go for it. I'd rather play a fun character than an optimal character any day.

MandibleBones
2008-02-21, 06:59 PM
Only problem I can think of is hit points, since you're advancing some levels without advancing hit dice.

But that's your call :) Personally, they're on my list of "Would play, if the mood struck me" creatures.

The_Snark
2008-02-21, 07:31 PM
Possibly a little too powerful up until 14th level, what with the full cleric casting and lots of other abilities. After that, it probably starts falling behind; if I were DMing and a player wanted to try one, I'd spread more of its spellcasting to the later levels.

If you like them, go for it.

Collin152
2008-02-21, 07:32 PM
They're actually on my list of "Man, I can't remember these guys untill somebody mentions them" monsters, right next to.... Aboleths? Ettins? And... Those four armed ones?

Xyk
2008-02-21, 07:41 PM
They're actually on my list of "Man, I can't remember these guys untill somebody mentions them" monsters, right next to.... Aboleths? Ettins? And... Those four armed ones?
adding to the list: Aranea, Barghest.
I believe those 4-armed ones are called Xills.

I don't understand why nobody remembers ghaeles, they have cool powers.

I think I will be one i the next game, regardless of the level.

Collin152
2008-02-21, 07:47 PM
adding to the list: Aranea, Barghest.
I believe those 4-armed ones are called Xills.

I don't understand why nobody remembers ghaeles, they have cool powers.

I think I will be one i the next game, regardless of the level.

Yes to the first, yes to the second, yes to the third, but that isn't the one I was thinkng of... It's like a giant ape, but with four arms. Oh, and that almost dragon thng that has a sonic lance type thing.
Man, I need to really read that manual. I even forget what Nymphs can do sometimes.

tyckspoon
2008-02-21, 07:54 PM
Yes to the first, yes to the second, yes to the third, but that isn't the one I was thinkng of... It's like a giant ape, but with four arms. Oh, and that almost dragon thng that has a sonic lance type thing.
Man, I need to really read that manual. I even forget what Nymphs can do sometimes.

Girallons, probably? They're apparently D&D's archetypal multi-armed monster, with how many extra-arm related abilities are named after them. The sonic lance critter would be the yrthak, or some similar weirdly unpronounceable spelling.

Vortling
2008-02-21, 08:13 PM
I think they're quite excellent. You should give them a try. Don't forget to prepare a good number of Divine Power's to make up for the lesser bab at higher levels.

Xyk
2008-02-21, 09:10 PM
I just checked savage species and by level 8 ghaeles have cure light wounds at will. Yay infinite healing!