PDA

View Full Version : Freak Angels

RandomLogic
2008-02-21, 08:28 PM
So its a new webcomic written by the guy is going to take over Astonishing Xmen once Wheedon is finished with his run, Warren Ellis. Its pen'd by Paul Duffield if that rings a bell with anyone. They are only on the first one, but they say it will update every week and they have the whole website plus forums and stuff dedicated to the comic. Their should be a new one this week as the comic is only a week old.

The premise is that they are some type of post apocalyptic London. Its a mixture of steampunk and who knows what else. This is what the first panel says "23 years ago, twelve strange children were born in England at the exact same moment......6 years ago the world ended.......This is the story of what happens next". So it sounds pretty BA if you ask me. I'll be checking it out for a while.

Also, they swear in the comic, so figure out of thats acceptable to you or not, just a warning if you are in very strict company.

BRC
2008-02-21, 08:55 PM
Warenn Ellis, he wrote Transmetropolitan right?
Does it update every day or somthing? what they have now looks preety good.

RandomLogic
2008-02-21, 10:21 PM
Warenn Ellis, he wrote Transmetropolitan right?
Does it update every day or somthing? what they have now looks preety good.

Supposedly every week. The first 'episode' or what-have-you is what you see, the 6 pages or so. The first one was posted last week thursday, so there should be a new one up soon, unless they are already off schedule!

BRC
2008-02-21, 10:57 PM
Supposedly every week. The first 'episode' or what-have-you is what you see, the 6 pages or so. The first one was posted last week thursday, so there should be a new one up soon, unless they are already off schedule!
Ah, there were six pages posted and it started 6 days ago, so I assumed it was 1page/day.

The Extinguisher
2008-02-21, 11:51 PM
Fancy.

I like it so far. I'll need to remember it for later.

RandomLogic
2008-02-23, 12:54 AM
New comic is up. Another 6 page update. Pretty interesting, I'll keep tabs on it to see it develop.

RandomLogic
2008-02-29, 03:51 PM
Another update. It appears to be every friday, but considering its only 3 weeks old, that might be premature. Heh.

Its interesting seeing how they develop this 'end of the world' stuff thats already happened. Plus they seem to be adding some interesting twists on how these people work, powers wise, it appears the tin foil hat is useful again...

RandomLogic
2008-03-07, 07:11 PM
Episode 4 is up. I like how this one ended "I'm going to **** on your dreams!" fantastic.

RandomLogic
2008-03-21, 03:17 PM
I'll just +2 this from the past two weeks. Anyone else checking this out?

BRC
2008-03-28, 11:22 AM
So what powers do we know the freakangles have

Telepathy

Mind Reading
Indirect Mind Control (and the ability to remove it)
Psyco-kinetic powers (They shattered the knife)
Autohypnosis (In the latest comic the lookout has slowed his metabolism, though that may just be his lifestyle rather than mad psy skillz)

The Extinguisher
2008-03-28, 09:48 PM
I love this comic. So much.

BRC
2008-04-25, 11:09 AM
It's official, Don't mess wid' Arkady

The Extinguisher
2008-04-25, 11:33 AM
Oh my.

Go Arkady.