PDA

View Full Version : 4e?

AttilatheNun
2008-02-21, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know if Rich Burlew plans to convert OotS to 4th edition once it comes out? I checked the FAQ and didn't see anything about it.

...Eh?
2008-02-21, 10:00 PM
It would make an interesting ending to the strip, at least- the first strip is converting from 3.0 to 3.5, so ending with 3.5 to 4.0 would be somewhat poetic, although I can't imagine it would be as good an ending as just letting the strip running its course and not uprooting it because of 4ed's coming.

Arutema
2008-02-21, 10:29 PM
Would definitely be a downer ending, but suppose:

The Snarl destroys the world. The gods build a new world under 4.0 rules.

If it works for FR....

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-21, 10:31 PM
Since the DnD rules are basically the laws of physics, maybe the OotS will be getting their asses kicked by the snarl, then the convert happens and due to some loop hole unseen by the Spooky Wizard they are able to kill it.

Edit: The laws of OotS world physics.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-02-21, 10:41 PM
It's been kicked around off and on since WotC announced 4e, but since Rich wasn't happy with the joke in strip #1, most people don't think he will.

There is also the problems that Rich usually wants to stick to the "Core Books," and the 4e Core Books drops Bards and Half-Orcs. I personally don't see Elan and Thog being replaced by a tiefling and whatever else WotC used to replace core characters that have BEEN core characters since 1st Ed. :smallannoyed:

I'm waiting for 4th Ed to come out before I make my final judgement, but for now, I'm planning on sticking with 3.X for my games.

Zeitgeist
2008-02-21, 10:57 PM
It's been kicked around off and on since WotC announced 4e, but since Rich wasn't happy with the joke in strip #1, most people don't think he will.

Pretty sure he didn't like it because it was the first comic, which was a bad start, or so he felt. I still thought it was funny, but that's me.

But if that IS the case, there's no reason he wouldn't consider it later. Maybe he'd want to use the chance to "redeem" himself.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-21, 11:05 PM
Actually I hope Rich keeps 3.5

David Argall
2008-02-21, 11:28 PM
Would definitely be a downer ending, but suppose:

The Snarl destroys the world. The gods build a new world under 4.0 rules.

If it works for FR....

It doesn't work at all well for FR, and would work even less well for OOTS.

Morgan Wick
2008-02-21, 11:33 PM
Does anyone know if Rich Burlew plans to convert OotS to 4th edition once it comes out? I checked the FAQ and didn't see anything about it.

The FAQ hasn't been updated in ages.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-22, 12:15 AM
The FAQ hasn't been updated in ages.

It was once updated?

AFGNCAAP
2008-02-22, 10:54 PM
Well, the storyline as it is could stay within 3.5 rules & reach it's intended end... yet there's always the possibility of a 4e version of the comic...

Order of the Stick: The Next Generation

Perhaps a 5-member party (or, possibly keep the 6-person group count), with familiar faces (maybe Elan & Haley's kid, one of Durgon's clan members, or even V's spouse), and possibly familiar combos (like a halfling ranger, for example...). The heroes face challenges both new and old (perhaps a hatchling of the black dragon the OotS fought/slew, the new LG, the kobold clan that the LG kept recruiting from, etc.)

And with a stick-figure styling more in tune with the modern times and technology (four or five-fingered hands, noses, men in skorts, etc. :smalltongue: ).

Revanmal
2008-02-22, 11:28 PM
The world being converted to 4E at the very end may very well make a fitting conclusion to the Order's (hopefully) continued adventures. Who knows? Maybe it'd end the same way it started, with Belkar bemoaning his weapon shrinkage. :smalltongue:

kpenguin
2008-02-22, 11:30 PM
Order of the Stick: The Next Generation

Does that mean we'll face endless arguments about whether Roy or the new team's leader is better?

Lupy
2008-02-23, 06:59 PM
Maybe Vaarsuvius's ULTIMATE ARCANE POWER causes a transition, but with Houserules?