PDA

View Full Version : The order of the scribble's oath

d'Bwobsling
2008-02-22, 06:47 PM
Shojo says that when the order of the scribble decide to split up to build the gates, they swore an oath never to see eachother again, but in the latest strip it shows Lirian comming to Dorukan's castle. what's up with that?

The Extinguisher
2008-02-22, 06:50 PM
They're getting together to smite evil.

Obviously.

FoE
2008-02-22, 06:57 PM
They were in love, Bwobsling. Of course they would visit each other. :smallsmile:

d'Bwobsling
2008-02-22, 06:59 PM
They were in love, d'Bwobsling. Of course they would visit each other. :smallsmile:

why would they bother swearing an oath, if they were planning to break it?

Raider
2008-02-22, 07:00 PM
Hey a dangerous relationship heightens the heat

T-O-E
2008-02-22, 07:11 PM
Love is a powerful emotion.
It's that simple.

FoE
2008-02-22, 07:21 PM
I don't think Dorukan and Lirian hooking up for a little lovin' is necessarily a violation of the oath.

chibibar
2008-02-22, 07:26 PM
The idea of the oath (promise from the look of it, it is not blood oath) is to appease Soon. Remember he thinks his way is the best way. So by doing the "oath" everyone is appease in some way and knowing they won't interfere the way each person run things.

Now...... "smith evil" and such doesn't change the way Durokon will run things :)

HomerHT
2008-02-22, 08:00 PM
Oaths don't mean much if you're not Lawful, and I bet Soon is the only one that actually followed it. Girard and Serini may have adventured for a couple more years together after the group split.

Chronos
2008-02-22, 08:58 PM
Eh, I've a hunch that Serini followed the Oath, too... We know she was lawful, and it was her idea in the first place.

Very minor SoD spoiler:In one scene, we see Lirian reading a love letter from Dorukan, moaning about "If only these accursed Gates and our rashly-sworn oath to guard them did not keep us apart! When can you next visit without arousing suspicion?"
So yeah, they swore an oath, but quickly regretted it, and cheated on their word.

ShellBullet
2008-02-22, 09:12 PM
Wasn't the oath more about not interfering each others about gates?
If so, then I doubt that making love violates that pack as long as they didn't try to interfare each others about the gates...

Kurald Galain
2008-02-22, 09:34 PM
Eh, I've a hunch that Serini followed the Oath, too... We know she was lawful,

We do? Where from?

At any rate, Lirian, Kraagor and Girard strike me as chaotic. Dorukan does strike me as lawful, but violating an oath doesn't necessarily mean an alignment shift. Especially if you feel angsty about it :smallsmile:

Yendor
2008-02-22, 09:45 PM
We do? Where from?

At any rate, Lirian, Kraagor and Girard strike me as chaotic. Dorukan does strike me as lawful, but violating an oath doesn't necessarily mean an alignment shift. Especially if you feel angsty about it :smallsmile:
Serini wants to take a level in paladin, so would need to be lawful good. Lirian's a druid, so must be neutral (she's clearly good). Girard is pretty clearly chaotic. Kraagor is neutral or chaotic, probably the latter. I'd have Dorukan as neutral, to match Lirian's alignment. Soon is lawful good (obviously).

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-22, 09:50 PM
Regardless, the two were in love.

T-O-E
2008-02-23, 01:34 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Serini a rogue? Can you have lawful rogues?

Morty
2008-02-23, 01:44 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Serini a rogue? Can you have lawful rogues?

They don't have alignment restrictions. Therefore, you can.

Chronos
2008-02-23, 01:45 PM
Rogues tend to be chaotic, but there's no rule saying so. They can be of any alignment.

Zordrath
2008-02-23, 02:45 PM
They may have violated the oath, but not its purpose. It was sworn in the first place because the order departed on very bad terms, and because they could not decide how to guard the gates. Since Lirian and Dorukan were obviously on pretty good terms and were probably not talking about gate defence strategiesthere's no reason to keep it.

Also, they were pretty much FORCED to swear it in order to prevent more bloodshed - I wouldn't keep to such an oath seperating me from my love, either.

NerfTW
2008-02-23, 04:01 PM
Rogue as a class doesn't mean thief. It means someone with skills in traps, lock picking, and sneaking. One can be a lawful with those skills, such as a spy or a scout.

chibibar
2008-02-23, 10:10 PM
They may have violated the oath, but not its purpose. It was sworn in the first place because the order departed on very bad terms, and because they could not decide how to guard the gates. Since Lirian and Dorukan were obviously on pretty good terms and were probably not talking about gate defence strategiesthere's no reason to keep it.

Also, they were pretty much FORCED to swear it in order to prevent more bloodshed - I wouldn't keep to such an oath seperating me from my love, either.

bingo! that is what I was thinking. I think Soon was ready to do some bloodshed for the safety of the future and so was the others. The oath was pretty much done to stop the bloodshed and people part their way. Technically that could be consider "duress" so some who are not LG may not follow the oath to the letter but the spirit of it.

I'm sure Lirian and Durokon were NOT talking about the gate with the time they spent together ;)

Quorothorn
2008-02-24, 04:06 PM
Wasn't the oath more about not interfering each others about gates?
If so, then I doubt that making love violates that pack as long as they didn't try to interfare each others about the gates...

The proper term is "smite evil".