PDA

View Full Version : Is there a half-elf running around we don't know about?

Blackdrop
2008-02-22, 08:08 PM
Is it possible that Dorukan and Lirian, how to put this, produced an offspring? If they did, what kind of plot relevance do you think he would have?

If they did, it probably isn't Pompey. Dorukan looks mid 40's-early 50's in the latest comic and was like 70-80 when he died, giving about 30-35 years in between. We know for a fact Pompey is 43, so he's a little too old.

Kish
2008-02-22, 08:22 PM
Unfortunate timing on this thread, so soon after all the "Celia is pregnant!" posts.

Kurald Galain
2008-02-22, 09:32 PM
I'm quite sure that SOD would have mentioned this if it were actually the case.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-22, 09:53 PM
I'm quite sure that SOD would have mentioned this if it were actually the case.

Still, it would be interesting.

NerfTW
2008-02-23, 04:12 PM
spoiler from Start of Darkness:
Lirian died 27 years before the start of the comic. The rifts were discovered 65 years ago. If the child was in the forest, it probably would be dead, I'd assume it would be 40 or older to give it a reason not to have been there during the attack.

FujinAkari
2008-02-24, 04:15 AM
UGH.

No. There are millions of half-elves in OOTSland. There is NO reason to suspect this one (if [s]he even exists) has any more reason to be of plot significance than every other half-elf that exists.

NerfTW
2008-02-24, 11:08 AM
UGH.

No. There are millions of half-elves in OOTSland. There is NO reason to suspect this one (if [s]he even exists) has any more reason to be of plot significance than every other half-elf that exists.

There's no reason not to suspect it either. :smallbiggrin:

SPoD
2008-02-24, 11:12 AM
Why do people repeatedly think that any two characters who are romantically linked MUST produce a child immediately?

People DO manage to have sex without pregnancy, you know, especially when there are magical contraceptions available.

VanBuren
2008-02-27, 10:28 PM
The real question is this: Since Pompey was a half-elf, just where exactly is he hiding that other half?

TheElfLord
2008-02-27, 11:11 PM
Yes there is. Given that we only know of one half elf in the world, it is highly probable that there are far more running around that we don't know about.

Querzis
2008-02-27, 11:24 PM

...Millions? We dont even know if there is that much elves in the OOTSland so why would there be millions of half-elves? They are supposed to be really rare, this isnt Tale of Symphonia where there is a lot more half-elves then humans and elves combined for some reason even though humans and elves barely ever met (Its still a great game but that part is really stupid).

Anyway, its possible. After all, if Lirian and Durokan had a child, they would probably keep him/her secret since they were not supposed to meet each others. I dont think its likely though.

David Argall
2008-02-27, 11:30 PM
Why do people repeatedly think that any two characters who are romantically linked MUST produce a child immediately?

People DO manage to have sex without pregnancy, you know, especially when there are magical contraceptions available.

Those involved may not realize it, and may even deny it, but the purpose of romance is knocking her up, and the pregnancy rate among active women without protection is distinctly high.
If we check our myths and fantasy stories, we find she is increasing very shortly after playing around, often for the first time. Prevention seems to be distinctly rare and not particularly effective [see Roy].

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-27, 11:33 PM
Yes there is. Given that we only know of one half elf in the world, it is highly probable that there are far more running around that we don't know about.

Hahaha. Best reply yet.

Nathan W
2008-02-28, 07:01 PM
I don't know wether theres a half-elf running aroud that I don't know about, by defintion.

d'Bwobsling
2008-02-28, 07:08 PM
The real question is this: Since Pompey was a half-elf, just where exactly is he hiding that other half?

I was going to make that joke!:smallmad: