PDA

View Full Version : Changeling Rogue

kpenguin
2008-02-22, 10:43 PM
A bit late, but I need some quick advice for making a changeling rogue. He'll be mostly face-type oriented, with a bit of combat skill and sneaking added in. Oh, and we need someone to disable traps as well...

Parvum
2008-02-22, 10:52 PM
Racial substitution levels. You won't be able to get the first (which is a shame, because it gives you skill mastery with all social skills, reduced Gather Info. time, and skill bonuses) because it replaces trapfinding. But the substitution levels have skill points of 10. Which is just amusing.

Admiral Squish
2008-02-22, 10:55 PM
Make sure you get a weapon that's easily concealed and hard to ID, like the changeling ribbonweave. (DC 15 to figure out it's a weapon at all, after finding it) Then, max out bluff, diplomacy, disguise, anything about interaction. Then, get a few skill tricks like Second Impression and Assume Quirk, and the Quick Change feat. And there you have, the rogue who hides in the spotlight.

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-22, 10:58 PM
Racial substitution levels. You won't be able to get the first (which is a shame, because it gives you skill mastery with all social skills, reduced Gather Info. time, and skill bonuses) because it replaces trapfinding.

Who the heck says you can't? Take Spellthief level 1. Or Beguiler 1. Or anything else that gives Trapfinding at level 1. Then advance your rogue as per normal.

kpenguin
2008-02-22, 11:05 PM
I'm going for straight rogue and we need a trapfinder.

Um, its going to be lvl 5 and using 32 point buy, if anyone cares.

ZeroNumerous
2008-02-22, 11:10 PM
I'm going for straight rogue and we need a trapfinder.

Straight rogue isn't too great, to be honest. You could just go straight Rogue 5 with maximized Search, but you're not gonna be doing much else than "I flank with X for sneak attack" or "I take 20 on my search check."

Throw in 3 levels of Swashbuckler and the Daring Outlaw feat for abit of fighting ability.