PDA

View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 29: Tayalyn vs. Skrag

ArenaManager
2008-02-23, 05:58 AM
Arena Tournament, Round 29: Tayalyn vs. Skrag

Map:http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z123/TheChilliGod/Giantitp/Arena4ii.gif

Extra notes: Houses are on average 20 feet high (just use that average figure all over the house), hay piles are up to 10 feet high against the walls. And, I don't care whether you're immune to sanctuary effects, you are not immune to the arena's sanctuary effect. Creatures summoned during the 1st round are also affected by the sanctuary effect.

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

TheTerran - Tayalyn (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=1649)
Talic - Skrag (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=2946)

All Combatants, please roll initiative.

Talic
2008-02-23, 07:28 AM
Acknowledging match. May have purchases.

theterran
2008-02-23, 11:03 AM
Acknowledging...probably won't post anything else til Monday.

Talic
2008-02-23, 09:47 PM
Purchases:

Oil of Darkness (300 gp)
Dagger (small) x1 (2 gp)
Belt Pouch x1 (1 gp)

That's all for now, though I may add more, based on your purchases.

EDIT: Will check back in monday.

theterran
2008-02-25, 07:08 AM
Purchases:
Scroll of Ebon Eyes (Scribed into spellbook)
Scroll of Mage Armor (Scribed)
Scroll of True Strike (scribed)
Scroll of Shield (Scribed)

[roll0]

Ref Stats:
HP: 9/9
AC: 14 Touch: 14 FF: 10
In Hand: Scroll of Mage Armor
Scrolls Used:

Spells:
Level 0 - Acid Splash, Sonic Snap, Resistance, Flare (D)
Level 1 - Ebon Eyes, Color Spray, Sleep, Burning Hands
Level 2 - Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray

Talic
2008-02-25, 07:12 AM
Can I get the sourcebook for Ebon Eyes? As well as a general description? (affected creatures, general effects, granted abilites, and duration?)

The rest, I'm good on.

Initiative: [roll0]

Reserving right to purchase until after I hear more of Ebon Eyes.

Stats will come on my first action.

theterran
2008-02-25, 07:29 AM
Ebon Eyes
Source: Spell Compendium - Pg. 77
Spell Duration: 10 minutes/level
Spell Description: Subject can see normally in natural and magical darkness, this spell does not otherwise effect the subjects ability to see in natural dark or shadowy conditions. The subject ignores the miss chance due to lack of illumination other than total darkness.

(edit)
If everything is good, I'll go ahead and start.

Talic
2008-02-25, 07:35 AM
Everything's kosher. I'm ready to begin.

theterran
2008-02-25, 07:47 AM
Tayalyn - Round 1

Starting in W10, Tayalyn will move to Q10 and begin casting a spell.

@refs
Start Casting Sleep

End my Turn.

Stats:
In Hand: Scroll of Mage Armor
Scrolls Used:

Spells:

Level 1 - Ebon Eyes, Color Spray, Sleep-x, Burning Hands

Talic
2008-02-25, 08:39 AM
Hmm. You have a lot of spells. Not so many are full round actions. You're trying to make this quick, ain't ya? I figured you'd buff your AC, if you'd seen my last match. Then again, I should have expected an immediate offense, after watching yours. True Strike + bow was awesome. Well, I can't have this. Out in the open is no fun... I gots to stalk.

Begin in C10, Crossbow in hand.

Move Northeast, breaking LOS as I travel north out of B6.

Remainder of action:

Total actions:
Move action: C10 to B4, Breaking LoS.
2nd Move action: B4 to C1.

Hide check: [roll0]
Move Silent Check: [roll1]

Done, and might I add that it's rather disconcerting to see a Meteor Swarm on any character's sheet. Thank goodness that's in the "not for a LONG time" section.

Stats for refs:

Current location: C1 (Hiding, Moving Silent)
AC: 18; FF: 13; T: 16
HP: 8
Saves: F=2; R=7; W=1
In hand: Hvy Crossbow (loaded)

Spot for round: [roll2]
Listen for round: [roll3]

My inner monologue, for spectators: :D

4 more spells to dodge, not counting scrolls. No way she'd scribe that spell and not prepare it. Or would she? Hmm, pretty aggressive, doesn't seem the bluffing type. Still, no more than 2 sleeps, and I'll never make that required burning hands matter. Kelgore's Firebolt is her signature move, and she's got 2, with magic missile scrolls for backup. My reflex is good, but even so, the 2 firebolts have me on a passed save. So the rest of her spells will likely offer no save, or will go after my Fort or Will, if possible. I don't see any real Fort save spells of note on her list, so she'll likely go after my will. My guesses on her spells: Domain: Flare and Burning hands. 2nd level: Kelgore's firebolt x2. Level 0: No clue. Level 1: Sleep, most likely used. Doubt 2 uses, given its casting time. Her buff spells are on scrolls, so none of those. Likely not True Strike (again, on scroll), I'd guess Color Spray, if she hopes to get close, and either Instant Diversion for defense or Expeditious Retreat for movement and positioning(if she bluffed the spell. Ebon eyes if she didn't). Either way, she likely regards these extra spells as Fluff. My tactic: Watch and see. :)

theterran
2008-02-25, 08:52 AM
Bah...

Ref Question:
After seeing my opponent run out of LoS, can I just break my casting of Sleep and take a Move and Standard Action in Round 2?

Bronz
2008-02-25, 08:57 AM
High Ref Bronz

@Terran

You can break your casting and act normally, but your spell is wasted.

theterran
2008-02-25, 09:17 AM
Figured as much

Tayalyn - Round 2

Actions:
Move to P5. Cast Mage Armor from the Scroll in Hand. Drop scroll.

End my Turn.

Stats:
In Hand:
Scrolls Used:Mage Armor

Spells:

Talic
2008-02-25, 10:14 AM
Assuming no LoS, if there is, at any point during this action, then actions will need to be reversed:

My turn(2nd half of ROUND TWO):

Well, Now that the sleep spell is over with, I don't have to worry about her bursting my last known location.

Move Action: C1 to B6.
Ready Action: Move if I become aware that she is casting or has cast a spell.
Hide: [roll0]
Move Silent: [roll1]

Need LoS, and done.

Stats for refs:

Current location: B6 (Hiding, Moving Silent)

Inner monologue, for any non-participants:

I set myself up with an option to run to the far end of the board last round, in case I wanted to play risky. My last opponent was much less lethally dangerous than this one though, so no risks today. Tayalyn has the power to do one shot kills. Even if she finished the sleep, in hopes that I stuck around the area I broke LoS in, she can get clear LoS to that mid area if she wants. Getting out of the open is probably a good move too, so if I had to guess her location, it'd be P4, hiding. I wouldn't worry about the full run across if I were her, as she has easily the range to blast all the way down that corridor with room to spare. So likely a defensive spell. Good Wizardkeeping recommends Mage Armor before Shield, unless you're going against touch attacks, and she's not. It'd be my action if I was in her shoes. Heck, it's practically what I did last match against my previous opponent, as far as movement path goes. I've got sneaky plans for this action, and sneakier ones next round. More to come. If this is my last post, tell my mommy and daddy... Well, who is my mommy and daddy? The goblin warrens are a hard-knock life, truly.

EDIT: GACK! 2 natty ones in one post! That puts me up to 4 today, 3 of which are in this thread. Sigh, forum roller, I hate thee.

Bronz
2008-02-25, 10:18 AM
High Ref Bronz

Tayalyn

No LoS

Skrag

No LoS

theterran
2008-02-25, 10:31 AM
Tayalyn - Round 3

Actions:
Draw Scroll of Shield. Cast Shield from the Scroll. Drop Scroll.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn.

Stats:
AC: 22 Touch: 14 FF: 18
Mage Armor (2/600)
Shield (1/10)
In Hand:
Scrolls Used:Mage Armor, Shield
Spells:

Talic
2008-02-25, 12:12 PM
Judging by the fact that you didn't ask for LoS, I'll assume you didn't move, and thus didn't change LoS. I can only speculate on a readied action? The following post is assuming no LoS. If LoS is established at any part of the action, I'll amend any portions from then on out.

Skrag - Last half of ROUND THREE

Actions for refs:

Full round action: Run from B6 to A20. This is only if I have no LoS at the start of the move.
MS: [roll1]

Need LoS, and then done.

Stats for refs:

Current location: A20 (Hiding, Moving Silent) - contingent on no LoS at start of action.
AC: 18; FF: 13; T: 16 CURRENTLY No Dex to AC - Run

Inner monologue, for non-participants:

By her lack of asking for LoS, I'm pretty sure she didn't move. Basing my current move off the estimate of her in P4. Number one goal of hiding. Be where they're not looking. Minor risk, but worth it. In her shoes, I'd pin me down and then blast. I'm assuming she's trying the same. Hopefully my comment to her will let her know I'm on to the readied action game. That game generally favors the person with the better hide and spot modifiers, and if she's not aware of that, I intend to teach her harshly.

Before I post this, forum roller, I didn't mean it... I love you, baby.

EDIT: I take it all back! 5 natty ones in this thread, and it's freakin' round 3! I hope at the end of this, I don't roll more ones than we have rounds. Sheesh, last 2 rounds have had 2 ones per post.

Mavian
2008-02-25, 12:25 PM
@Talic

No LoS

@Terran

No LoS

theterran
2008-02-25, 02:02 PM
Tayalyn - Round 4

Actions:
Draw Scroll of Reduce Person, cast it, then drop the scroll.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn.

Stats:
AC: 24 Touch: 16 FF: 19
Mage Armor (3/600)
Shield (2/10)
Reduce Person (1/10)
In Hand:
Scrolls Used:Mage Armor, Shield, Reduce Person
Spells:

Talic
2008-02-25, 02:54 PM
Assuming no LOS.

Action:

Move action: A20 to G20.
Move action 2: G20 to I20, if no LoS, then continue to K18.

Not Done, 1 sec.

Stats for refs:

Current location: I20 or K18 (Hiding, Moving Silent).

Inner monologue, for non-participants:

Is she bluffing? Is she still in P4? I find it hard to believe she'd just sit there the whole time... sheesh. She may be relying on the fact that if I draw LoS and stumble upon her, she'll react better/more lethally(likely true), and the ref wil back up action to the point I draw LoS at. I don't like this. She should have advanced through to the hay, if she's following the same mentality as last round. Then again, her last round was pretty much action packed. Maybe she's using the lack of contact to buff. Mage Armor's a gimme, it lasts a freakin' hour. Shield, it's a 12 gold scroll, probably, perhaps she thought I'd be more aggressive? Expeditious retreat? She's gotta anticipate ready actions, still, it would let each single move cover that much more area. Also, 10 rounds, that may be a defensive action later. Reduce person? It'd put her hide up to 8, her AC up a point or two, her attack up a point or two, and her damage down (pfft, like she'll attack physically... maybe the bow, but it'll deal damage based on the small bow, and I'll take 1d6-3). Still, that's a 1 minute spell, and if I manage to see her, I can wait that one out. Not too worried, just gotta keep from allowing her clear LoS to me. Based on her spell list, and her chosen scrolls, I'm willing to bet that every spell she has memorized is offensive in nature still, except for MAYBE improved diversion. Someone doesn't get 5d6 spells without liking overkill. Still, I wish I KNEW. I can't use my darkness oil this match, as my opponent as likely as not has a counter... Gives me an idea though. I'll see how it works. Gotta win this battle. Either way, I'm gonna face someone who won last round. I want to do it with 300 more gold. Blah, enough dialogue. Back to killin. I've given up on the dice, I'll hope to eventually roll something decent. Did the math, my average roll prior to this post was something like 5.15.

Talic
2008-02-25, 02:56 PM
@ refs

Note to self, preview function kills dice rolls.

Reactive Checks:
Spot [roll2]
Listen [roll3]

Edit: another 1, a 20 on a less than perfect spot, and the rest are here and there. That's 6 ones in 4 rounds, lol.

Done, pending LoS.

chilepepper
2008-02-25, 07:09 PM
ref chilepepper
@skrag

You move in round three was illegal. I'm not going to suggest we go all the way back and redo the match from there, I just wanted you to know so you don't do it again. You RAN from B6 to A20. RUN has to be done in a straight line with nothing that blocks the movement. You can't move diagonally past the hard corner at A/B 14/15, so you would have to be in A14 during the move. A straight line that travels from the center of B6 thru the center of A14 would end there or go out of the arena. If I'm wrong about this, drop me a PM.

Also, while I'm here, no LoS

@tayalyn
No LoS

theterran
2008-02-26, 07:06 AM
Tayalyn - Round 5

Actions:
Move to M8. If no LoS, draw a scroll of True Strike.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn.
Will Need an LoS check.

Stats:
Mage Armor (4/600)
Shield (3/10)
Reduce Person (2/10)
In Hand:
Spells:

Mavian
2008-02-26, 11:41 AM
High Ref Mav:

Presses the pause button, and rewinds back to round 4. Sorry folks, couple of things to deal with.

@Terran

Reduce person has a 1 round casting time, meaning your action as posted doesn't work. You have to keep reading from the scroll until the start of Round 5.

@Talic

There's no LoS at I20, so you move to K18, where you spot Tayalyn reading from a scroll in P5

theterran
2008-02-26, 12:05 PM
@Mavian
Ah...does it really? Ok, so I'll finish casting it during my next standard action then...

Mavian
2008-02-26, 12:16 PM
@Terran

Actually, as you preformed no other actions that round, It would be cast as a full round action and it would come into effect at the beginning of round 5.

Bronz
2008-02-26, 12:18 PM
High Ref Bronz

@Refs, Terran

What Mav just said is untrue and you are correct Terran. Since you used a move action to draw the scroll and cast in the same round, you must finish casting with your standard action in round 5 and can then use a move action after.

Talic
2008-02-26, 12:48 PM
Hits a player pause button

@Refs

I was listed as having LoS to my opponent from K18 to P5. By my calculations, there's a rather large building blocking that LoS. I figured she was inP4, so no huge issue, but I wanted to correct that before we move on. I have no LoS.

Paladin Latham
2008-02-26, 01:03 PM
@refs/talic:
Woah! Talic's right. WTH?! No LoS.

Mavian
2008-02-26, 01:17 PM
@Talic, Refs,

Doh, blame that one on my lack of knowledge of the alphabet. I was using J instead of K for some messed up reason.

@Terran, Refs

Sigh, I am obviously on some kind of drug today. I only wish I knew what it wa and remembered taking it. Bronz is right of course.

Talic
2008-02-26, 01:35 PM
Well, Terran, I'm caught up on judge issues. You?

If so... By my count, I've completed the end of my round 4. You? Let's get this train back on the tracks.

theterran
2008-02-26, 02:10 PM
Alright...if you're done with round 4...I'll redo my Round 5.

Talic
2008-02-26, 02:14 PM
K, then, game on. Post your round 5, I'll post mine, and we'll resume trying to kill each other like normal people.

theterran
2008-02-26, 02:56 PM
Tayalyn - Round 5

Actions:
Standard Action: Finish casting Reduce Person.
Then move to M8.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn.

Stats:
Mage Armor (4/600)
Shield (3/10)
Reduce Person (1/10)
In Hand:
Spells:

Talic
2008-02-26, 03:40 PM
Round 5, part 2

My actions:

Double move from K18 to W20.

Done, pending LoS check.

Stats for Refs:

Current location: K18 to W20(Hiding, Moving Silent).

EDIT:
Monologue, for non-participants:

Well that was a debacle. At least it's taken care of now. Let's see what we can do from here. Time off the hunt has refreshed and rejuenated me. Not sure 100% what my opponent's doing, but if I were her, I'd be cowering in a corner, praying blah blah blah. Yeah, I didn't buy that either. She's looking to drop a pressure cooker of pain on me. She's gonna be headed west, likely moving up to the top of the map and east, carefully. I got a surprise for her though... I'm so far away from where she thinks I am it's not funny. And I gots me a plan. Maybe I need to buy me a gold ring, so I can use the word "precious" more in here. Meh. I'm sleep deprived, and intent on a hunt. This isn't my "A" game. Then again, I could probably have said I like waffles, with the same level of interest. I do, you know. Like waffles.

Oh yeah, another nat 1. At least it was in listen, one of the less essential skills right now. I'd rather my senses be spotty, and my stealthies be good, anyway.

Bronz
2008-02-26, 06:23 PM
High Ref Bronz

*sigh* Let's back up this gravy train once again.

@Tayalyn

Just putting something here. By the way, no LoS

@Skrag

Backing up a half round. Before your turn in round 5, you see a small Tayalyn in M8. But just barely.

I'm afraid we have to back up a half round. Skrag needs his turn redone.

Talic
2008-02-26, 10:33 PM
Gah, sorry about that.

@refs

I'm betting on the fact that she jumped the gun and blew most of her defensive spells early. No way she'd be in the middle of the arena if she wasn't buffed to the high heavens. I'm guessing AC 22, 18 flat footed. That's a 50/50 shot for me, and I don't like those odds. Based on where she's moving, I think she's headed west to try and ambush me.

No change in action, other than a nice warm fuzzy in the knowledge that she can't see me in W20.

NOW, I'm done. Pending LoS, of course.
Stats:

Just makin' my message look normal for her.

Bronz
2008-02-27, 01:05 AM
High Ref Bronz

@Tayalyn

No LoS

@Skrag

No LoS, of course

theterran
2008-02-27, 07:17 AM
Assuming it's my turn...

Tayalyn - Round 6

Actions:
Move to G8. Draw a scroll of Expeditious Retreat

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn.

Stats:

Mage Armor (5/600)
Shield (4/10)
Reduce Person (2/10)
In Hand: Scroll of Expeditious Retreat
Spells:

Talic
2008-02-27, 08:57 AM
Yes, if I state "Done, pending LoS", then the LoS is mostly for your benefit. If the LoS is contingent on any actions I have, they'll be listed out for refs in my spoiler blocks, or I'll post "Not Done" somewhere in there.

Round 6 (Part 2)

Actions:
Move action: W20 to Y17.
Move action: Y17 to Y15.

Done, but wait for LoS.

Stats:
Current location: W20 to Y15 (Hiding, Moving Silent).

Inner monologue (@Non-participants)

First Rule of information warfare complete. Give your opponent a tiny bit of information.
Second Rule complete. Deny all other information, then act to invalidate what you gave them.
Third Rule complete. Gain accurate, current info about opponent. (in fairness, my opponent made this easy on me. Maybe too easy. Could she be trying to enact Rule 1? Doubt it, not her style. She is going to attempt to make this a 1 shot match, and she likes showdowns. I put even odds on her scattering hay and relying on high AC to deflect the surprise shot. I want at least two attacks on her. The first will be to put her on tilt, and wound her. I love when they have no healing potions.
Fourth rule in progress. Let's see how it goes.

Mavian
2008-02-27, 03:09 PM
@Terran

No LoS

@Talic

You see Terran in G8 with a scroll in hand

theterran
2008-02-27, 04:23 PM
Tayalyn - Round 7

Tayalyn shouts, "Show yourself, you coward!"

@Refs
Cast Expeditious Retreat from the Scroll. Drop the Scroll.

Move to A2.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn.

Stats:
Mage Armor (6/600)
Shield (5/10)
Reduce Person (3/10)
Expeditious Retreat (1/10)
In Hand:
Scrolls Used:Mage Armor, Shield, Reduce Person, Expeditious Retreat
Spells:

Talic
2008-02-27, 06:01 PM
Skrag - Round 7, part 2

If you'd care to elaborate on the rough position of the board that sound came from (my listen was 23 for that round). I don't need coords, but a quadrant would be nice. :)

On a side note, you seem to be anxious to get this party started. That's all the clues I need to give you exactly 10 rounds to cool off. Let's see if my desire to not be seen before round 17 outplays your desire to find me.

Action for refs:

I'm pretty sure shield's already up. I'm pretty sure her shrink spell isn't, or I'd have seen it. Mage Armor's a foregone conclusion. Exp. Retreat, doubt it yet. That's her defensive or surprise me spell. Here's my actions:

If she maintained position, I will as well, with a readied action to move if she moves in my general direction (any movement, even 5 feet, will qualify).

If she moved towards me, then I'm going to need exact location to plan my action.

If she broke LoS south, I will Run to Z1.
If she broke LoS north, then I will move to X18.

In any situation, please provide any LOS details with the next LOS check.

Hide:[roll0]
(If I ran, remove 20 from these numbers).

Waiting on LoS, likely done.

Stats:

Current location: See above notes (Hiding, Moving Silent).

Monologue @non-players

Will she scatter the hay when she gets up north or run around the arena? If she does, which way will she go? Most players go clockwise (why do you think I don't?) Hmm, better play it safe. Plan for everything, and maintain hidden position and readied actions. I'd give my left shoe to be able to get on top of a building now.

Paladin Latham
2008-02-28, 07:30 AM
@theterran:
No LoS

@Talic:
In point of fact you lose sight of her as she moves toward the left side of the map (neither up nor down). you did see her cast something off a scroll though.

theterran
2008-02-28, 08:27 AM
Tayalyn - Round 8

Actions:
Move Action: Draw Longbow.
Move Action: Move to A14.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn. Probably need an LoS check. :smallsigh:

Stats:
Mage Armor (7/600)
Shield (6/10)
Reduce Person (4/10)
Expeditious Retreat (2/10)
In Hand:
Spells:

Talic
2008-02-28, 09:02 AM
@refs

In that case, I'm playing cautious. My last round move is to V19. Shouldn't affect her current turn, unless she's REALLY movin.

Bronz
2008-02-28, 02:22 PM
High Ref Bronz

@Tayalyn

No LoS

@Skrag

No LoS

Talic
2008-02-28, 03:14 PM
The makes it my...

Round 8

Action:

Move: No movement.
Standard: Ready action: Move if opponent makes an attack on me

EDIT: Done (No need for LoS, go ahead)

Stats:

Current location: V19(Hiding, Moving Silent).

Monologue @Non participants:

I'd almost bet she's up in the NE corner right now. Either that, or she threw up Exp retreat for more movement. Still, she's on a clock, and must come to me. More likely she'll think I'm at hay. If not, she may try to clear all LOS by moving up and down, then left and right. Either way, after 10 rounds, she'll only have reduce person, most likely, and I can deal with her small.

theterran
2008-02-28, 03:51 PM
Tayalyn - Round 9

Actions:
Move to G20.
Ready an Action to attack with the longbow should I gain LoS.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn. LoS needed.

Stats:
Mage Armor (8/600)
Shield (7/10)
Reduce Person (5/10)
Expeditious Retreat (3/10)
In Hand:
Spells:

Bronz
2008-02-28, 04:17 PM
High Ref Bronz

@Tayalyn

No LoS

@Skrag

You can just BARELY make out Tayalyn in A20. Good ol paint!

Talic
2008-02-28, 05:04 PM
Round 9, part 2

My actions:

Maintain Hide/MS from last round.

Edit: Done. No need for LOS.

Me Stats:

Spot for round: [roll0]
Listen for round: [roll1]

Monologue @ Non-players:

She just stated in the main thread that she hates sneaky players, and I can see why. At first, I thought she had some dirty trick plan, but now I think she's... wandering? I'll tell you this, she's great with casters, but her cat-and-mouse game needs work. I'm confident I've got a good shot at this. All I gotta do is wait her out. The fact that I gained LOS so quickly, she has defensive buffs up. After the match, I think I'll recommend she try a sneaky character, to bone up on her stealth rules. She's got a razor sharp mind, I'm sure she'll be deadly at this game, once she bones up on the sneaky rules a bit. Much respect for her, but hide's an easier skill to boost than spot. and based on her char sheet... well, she won't see or hear me, no matter what she does. Her mods aren't good enough to do either, even if she rolls a 20.

theterran
2008-02-29, 10:02 AM
Tayalyn - Round 10

Actions:
Move to S20. Ready an Action to Shoot him with my bow should I get LoS.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn. Will Need an LoS.

Stats:
Mage Armor (9/600)
Shield (8/10)
Reduce Person (6/10)
Expeditious Retreat (4/10)
In Hand:
Spells:

Bayar
2008-02-29, 04:43 PM
Ref Bayar

@Tayalyn:
No LOS

Talic
2008-02-29, 06:18 PM
Round 10, part 2

My actions:

Maintain Hide/MS from last round.

Done.

Stats:

Monologue, non participants:

Well, I see, her, and with my check results, she can't see me on a spot roll of 20 at 5 feet. Stay still, nothing to see here, move along... We'll see.

theterran
2008-03-01, 08:38 AM
Tayalyn - Round 11

Actions:
Move to Z15.
Ready an action to shoot him w/ my bow.

[roll0]
[roll1]

End my Turn.

Stats
Mage Armor (10/600)
Shield (89/10)
Reduce Person (7/10)
Expeditious Retreat (5/10)
In Hand:
Spells:

Talic
2008-03-01, 08:44 AM
Assuming for some reason you need no LOS.

Round 11, part 2

Actions:

No Movement - If unfound, will be maintaining this exact action until round 17.
Ready action: Move if opponent attacks me

Maintain Hide (35) and Move Silent (27).

Done; Wait for LOS.

Stats:

Seribro
2008-03-01, 03:01 PM
@Skrag
He literally passed you by at the south edge of the map, moving to the eastern edge of it and disapeared again around the corner. Last thing you might have been able to see is him moving into Z15, but not beyond that

@Taylan
no LoS

Talic
2008-03-02, 02:35 AM
In that case, done.

Monologue @ non-participants:

Just thought of something. Not so good for me, blah. Oh, it won't really affect my strats, but, as she prob has 1-2 def buffs left (Reduce Person and Exp Retreat), my comment to her did 2 things.

1) It got her moving quickly. She's in a bind, and she knows it. That's good, I expected that. I wanted that. She may not stay on tilt long, but that urgency will stick with her.

2) She won't cast her remaining buffs. If smart, she'll throw that reduce person down later, maybe round 15, and use the extra size boost to AC. Exp retreat round 16 will keep her in cover... We'll see, I'll evaluate her movement when I come out of my defensive mindset.

Side note: Why did I choose 10 rounds? A couple reasons. First, most of her scrolls have a 1 minute duration. Second, there are 10 hay bales. She has less chance of finding me with 10 rounds, and I'm at the one farthest from where she last saw me. She'll likely dismiss tossing the hay around as a nonviable option, which is good for me. Third, it gives her an illusionary incentive in covering a lot of ground, hopefully sucking out that Exp Retreat scroll. We'll see.

theterran
2008-03-03, 07:51 AM
Ref Question:
Two questions actually.
1. Is the hay magical hay that cannot be burned?
2. Can the hay be scattered as in the barn arena?

Bronz
2008-03-03, 08:40 AM
@Terran

We are assuming hay has the same properties so yes, magical unburny hay and can be scattered in a 5'X5' area as a standard action.

theterran
2008-03-03, 09:14 AM
Tayalyn - Round 12

Actions:
Double Move to H9.
Spot
[roll0]
Listen
[roll1]

End my Turn.

Stats:
Mage Armor (11/600)
Shield (10/10)
Reduce Person (8/10)
Expeditious Retreat (6/10)
In Hand:
Spells:

Talic
2008-03-03, 12:39 PM
Skrag - Round 12, part 2.

Assuming no LoS

Actions:
Opponent just left. I'm relatively sure she's way off on guesses. After this much time though (days), she may have her act together. Not sure. At least it's a good thing that she has no clue where I'm at. May leave a round or two early. She wouldn't expect that.

No Movement
Ready action: Move if opponent approaches within 5 feet of me. Pls do not alert opponent to my readied action if it triggers, as I will not be giving her LoS.

Done, pending LoS check.

Stats:

chilepepper
2008-03-04, 05:39 AM
ref chilepepper
tayalynno los
skragno los
Tayalyn's turn

theterran
2008-03-04, 08:53 AM
Tayalyn - Round 13

Actions:
Double Move to F3.

End my Turn.

Stats:
AC: 20 Touch: 16 FF: 15
Mage Armor (12/600)
Reduce Person (9/10)
Expeditious Retreat (7/10)
In Hand:
Spells:

Talic
2008-03-04, 09:07 AM
Skrag - Round 14

Actions:
No Movement
Ready action: Move if opponent approaches within 5 feet of me. Pls do not alert opponent to my readied action if it triggers, as I will not be giving her LoS.

Done. Need LoS though.

Stats:

Mavian
2008-03-04, 09:23 AM
@Talic

No LoS

@Terran

No LoS

theterran
2008-03-04, 01:27 PM
Tayalyn - Round 14

Actions:
Starting in F3, I will move to F2 -> E2 -> E3. That takes up my first move as it takes 4 move to move into a square with hay.

If I didn't bump into him there. I will move to D3, if I still don't bump into anything, I will assume he's not in this hay stack and will move toward the other one.

Move to C8 with the rest of my move.

end my Turn. Need an LoS check.

Stats:
AC: 20 Touch: 16 FF: 15
Mage Armor (13/600)
Reduce Person (10/10)
Expeditious Retreat (8/10)
In Hand:
Spells:

chilepepper
2008-03-04, 05:24 PM
ref chilepepper
tayalynno los
skragno los
Skrag's turn

Talic
2008-03-04, 06:21 PM
Skrag - Round 15

Actions:

Well, if she's smart, she'll be clearing out those hay bales for the next several turns, but she's wasted too much time, methinks. I think she may have figured out that I'm in them by now. That said, when she does get over here eventually, I want my action ready to go, so here goes. I should have LOS to both Y18 and S20. As the hay is a low obstacle, I should be able to have cover free lines of fire to Y18, Z18, or S20. Even if she gets over next round, her shield spell will likely be gone. She may have just recently cast her shrinky spell, who knows. Regardless, it's risk time.

Ready action: If I see opponent is within 30 feet of me, without cover, I will Fire my crossbow (standard), and drop prone (free).

Maintain Hide (35) and Move Silent (27)

Done. No need for LoS.

Stats:

chilepepper
2008-03-05, 12:50 AM
ref chilepepper

@skrag
When you ready an action, you can ready a standard, move, or free action. If you haven't moved, you can also take a 5' step. You can't ready a standard and a free action, and you can't take a free action when it's not your turn.
SRD quote
Readying an Action

You can ready a standard action, a move action, or a free action.....You can take a 5-foot step as part of your readied action, but only if you don’t otherwise move any distance during the round.
If you would be so kind as to post a legal ready action and then let your opponent know it's her turn.
Need a clarification from Skrag, then it will be Tayalyn's turn.

Talic
2008-03-05, 01:11 AM
Answer, for refs:
Didn't catch that. Cool. Ready action to fire if LOS is established without cover. I should stagger her, by the odds, and regardless of whether it happens during the first move or the second, I should be safe.

theterran
2008-03-05, 07:59 AM
How did you get before me on Init Talic?

Tayalyn - Round 15

Actions:
Double Move to Z10. We'll try out the other haystack...with a slightly different approach...:smallbiggrin:

End my Turn. LoS plz.

Stats:
AC: 18 Touch: 14 FF: 14
Mage Armor (13/600)
Expeditious Retreat (9/10)
In Hand:
Spells:

Talic
2008-03-05, 09:21 AM
Mistake in post 65 in counting. I'm not.

EDIT: If it's not too much trouble in the future, when you need LOS, could you post the request in the waiting room? I've done it for both of us up to now, but the faster the request is in there, the faster it can be answered.

chilepepper
2008-03-06, 12:56 AM
ref chilepepper
tayalyn
no los

skrag
no los

Talic
2008-03-06, 07:40 AM
Round 15, part 2
There, now that the round's right:

My actions:
Grr, I'm getting bored. I think I'll try to set up a field of fire from actross the way. If nothing else, I can snipe her, after she comes out confused.

While hiding, move to W18. If no LoS (there shouldn't be), Move to Y15. Since I can't completely clear the distance across, I'll stop there until next round, from either location, I'll end with a readied action to fire if my opponent moves within 30 feet. Next turn should be a quick jog north, the following turn a move to P4. From there, it'll be readied actions for movement based on where she is when she comes out.

MS:: [roll1]

If I'm stopped in W18 from LOS, add 5 to both numbers above (moved less than half movement).

Done: LoS please.

Stats for Refs:
Current location: W18 or Y15(Hiding, Moving Silent).

Kyeudo
2008-03-06, 03:50 PM
GM Kyeudo

@Tayalyn

Can I get a reactive Spot and Listen checks from you?

@Skrag

You spot Tayalyn in Z10 when you get to X18. Don't post any actions until I know if he sees you or not.

Just a sec, it's still in the middle of Skrag's turn.

theterran
2008-03-06, 03:59 PM
@Kyeudo-
[roll0]
[roll1]

Talic
2008-03-06, 04:17 PM
@Kyeudo:
That's 40 feet away. She'd need a +7 spot modifier to even have a chance. Unless she's got something I'm not seeing on her sheet, there's no chance.

Mavian
2008-03-07, 12:37 AM
@Terran

Yay for random dice rolls. No LoS

@Talic

Whatever Kyeudo said, but this time you can do stuff

chilepepper
2008-03-07, 12:39 AM
ref chilepepper
skrag
I was ninja'ed

tayalyn
I was ninja'ed

I was ninja'ed

Talic
2008-03-07, 02:09 AM
ooook, Interesting. Anyhow, I guess I'll finish up now.

Remainder:

Ready action: Shoot Taylayn if she approaches within 30 feet.
Maintain hide and move silent of 28.

Done. For reals this time. Go ahead.
Stats for refs:

Current location: W18 (Hiding, Moving Silent). X18, per message from kyeudo above. (edited to reflect correct location)
Ready action; See action block above.

Spot for round: 10
Listen for round: 11

theterran
2008-03-07, 08:02 AM
Tayalyn - Round 16

@Refs
Move to X19.

[roll0]
[roll1]

LoS Check. Turn Not Done.

Stats:
AC: 18 Touch: 14 FF: 14
Mage Armor (14/600)
Expeditious Retreat (10/10)
In Hand:
Spells:

Mavian
2008-03-07, 05:53 PM
High Ref Mav: Pauses Match

@Talic

You see Tayalan getting close, moving down the side of the map, he'd get within 30 feet around Z14ish. Also your in X18 according to Kyeudo's LoS response..

@Terran

No LoS

Talic
2008-03-07, 06:26 PM
@ High Ref:
Correct, thanks for catching the typo. I'll take my AoO when it's offered at 30 feet.

If the match has unpaused, then I'll take the following action, which may be looked at by my opponent, once the match has been declared unpaused.

Ready Action: Attack with crossbow, when you enter within 30 feet. According to ref, this is roundabouts Z14.

Assuming you don't see me, because, well, barring something REALLY freaky, you can't get a spot of 31.

Attack: [roll0]
If threat: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]
Sneak: [roll3]
If Crit: [roll4]

Should be against AC 14, as I'll bet you don't have shield up, unless it was the scroll I saw you read nearly 10 rounds ago. I don't think you've used reduce yet, as nobody's ever told me you're small, on the occasions I had LoS. If it's higher than 14, well, the roll's up there. +5 dex, +1 size, +1 point blank, +2 invisible to target.

This is the risky part, and, as soon as the match is unpaused, we'll see if I'm a hero or a zero.

Mavian
2008-03-07, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah, *unpauses the match*

My bad.

Talic
2008-03-07, 06:33 PM
By that, you're Disabled (at 0 hp). Continue your turn.

I'm at X18, clearly visible now.

theterran
2008-03-07, 09:59 PM
Tayalyn

I stop where I'm hit. And as a last ditch effort, I cast Scorching Ray.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

And this effort will drop me to -1.
If it's not a bleed off, you win.

And that's match. GG

Mavian
2008-03-07, 10:02 PM
High Ref Mav:

Skrag is declared the winner and receives the awards mentioned above.

Talic
2008-03-07, 10:45 PM
One minor point of note.

Disabled characters are only allowed a move or standard action each round, and are restricted to half movement. As Taylayn has already begun a move action, the scorching ray was an illegal action. She does not have a standard action to use.

Mavian
2008-03-07, 10:52 PM
When your opponent says thats match. The match is over.

Take your win :smalltongue:

Talic
2008-03-07, 11:43 PM
When your opponent says thats match. The match is over.

Take your win :smalltongue:

Fair 'nuff. Just wanted to make sure my opponent didn't get gypped on anything. Tallying my win. :)

Good Match, Terran. You had me sweating.