PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural D20

StickMan
2008-02-23, 09:12 PM
What system would best be set up to run a game world such as seen in the TV show supernatural. Seems a little fanboyish I know but I like the show and think it would make for a good game. D20 modern seems like it would need a good deal of moding to its magic system but might otherwise work. I'm betting Gurps would work well but am not very familiar with it.

Thanks,
Stickman.

Bandededed
2008-02-23, 09:28 PM
D20 modern seems like it would need a good deal of moding to its magic system but might otherwise work.

I'm betting that that's your best bet. In fact, don't even bother messing with the magic system, just throw in some home-brewed creatures. Maybe play around with telekinesis or some kind of divination spell from normal D&D

StickMan
2008-02-23, 09:34 PM
I'm betting that that's your best bet. In fact, don't even bother messing with the magic system, just throw in some home-brewed creatures. Maybe play around with telekinesis or some kind of divination spell from normal D&D

Well the issue is that the world does have a good deal of magic its just all based on ritual, incantation, deals with demons or some other type of thing. Still major part of the game but its not the way magic works in the Core D20 system. But it does seem like D20 modern would work very well for this concept.

Newtkeeper
2008-02-23, 09:51 PM
It's not WoTC, but Mutants and Masterminds is part of the d20 thing. Published under OGL, uses an icosahedron and everything.

Iku Rex
2008-02-23, 09:54 PM
The Buffy RPG (http://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Slayer-Revised-Corebook-Rulebooks/dp/1933105100/) could be a good place to start.

TheOOB
2008-02-23, 11:04 PM
I don't think the d20 system would be good for supernatural, d20 is good at adventurering and high fantasy.

Now white wolf's world of darkness setting, that is the system to use for supernatural style games. The system is all about a modern world with dark supernatural beings lurking just beyond human sight. There is even a book (second sight) to give people minor psionic powers like Sam.

Collin152
2008-02-23, 11:10 PM
And here I expected a thread about possesed dice...