PDA

View Full Version : scout trapfinding

Stycotl
2008-02-24, 12:49 AM
do you guys think it was an oversight to not give the scout the disable devic skill as a class skill? or do you think it helps keep a balance by letting the rogue remain the primary trapmonkey?

do any of you generally houserule disable device as a class skill for scouts?

just curious. i am currently caught in a pickle of whether i should allow it or keep it cross-class...

RoboticSheeple
2008-02-24, 12:52 AM
Terrible oversight. I'd grant it to the list.

NEO|Phyte
2008-02-24, 12:52 AM
Wizards errata'd it (along with Open Lock) to be a class skill.

wadledo
2008-02-24, 12:55 AM
Scouts seem too hyperactive a class to actually use Disable Device, as their entire basis is on movement, not making sure the perty don't get smashed up.

loopy
2008-02-24, 12:58 AM
Scouts seem to hyperactive a class to actually use Disable Device, as their entire basis is on movement, not making sure the perty don't get smashed up.

Unless of course you take a second and remember the purpose of the scout, and remember that "making sure the party/squad/army don't get smashed up" is their primary function.

wadledo
2008-02-24, 01:03 AM
I've always seen the scout as a much weaker and faster barbarian.
You throw them at the trap and hope they don't go lower that -10 so the cleric can heal them, rinse, repeat as necessary.

loopy
2008-02-24, 01:10 AM
Intriguing. That seems to be my rogue's opinion of EVERY other member of the party. Just because I CAN disable pretty much any trap doesn't mean I want to be the guy stuck out the front looking for them. :smallbiggrin:

Stycotl
2008-02-25, 12:18 AM
lemme just say that for some of the time i was in iraq i was the guy out in front looking for them. an adrenaline junkie might like the rush. i am not as much of an adrenaline junkie as i used to label myself apparently.

thanks for the consensus. and thank you for the clarification neo.

aaron out.