PDA

View Full Version : Hydromancer

GrassyGnoll
2008-02-24, 02:10 AM
So someone is jumping in on a Dark Sun campaign we're running and wants to play a elf tribal shaman water diviner type. Unfortunately the only prestige class based around water we can find is the lord of tides. Now it'd be nice to incorporate "Release the Water Within" but he's not digging the elemental plane relation angle. Any other class combinations/homebrews you guys suggest?

Talic
2008-02-24, 02:38 AM
So someone is jumping in on a Dark Sun campaign we're running and wants to play a elf tribal shaman water diviner type. Unfortunately the only prestige class based around water we can find is the lord of tides. Now it'd be nice to incorporate "Release the Water Within" but he's not digging the elemental plane relation angle. Any other class combinations/homebrews you guys suggest?

Base something off of Blood Magus, just change the fluff.

Icewalker
2008-02-24, 02:42 AM
Except that doesn't work, assuming we're talking about the blood magus...they do stuff like jump through people, which is not easily converted to water.

Well, I think the book you want is Stormwrack.

I'd post the PrCs, but I can't find my copy... Ah, got it.

Sea Witch, Stormcaster, Wavekeeper...

Sea Witches are arcane. Do a lot of messing with people and cursing from the looks of it. (I haven't read these, so the descriptions I'm giving are mainly based off the names of the class abilities)

Stormcaster isn't focused on water so much as weather it seems. Lots of thunder.

Wavekeeper is probably what you want. Divine casting, stuff involving swimming and messing with stuff underwater and with water. Requires a familiar to get into.

streakster
2008-02-24, 02:48 AM
"The Blood Magus Water Magus can leap into people water, and then teleport by leaping out of other people water."

Like he said, just a fluff change.

drfate
2008-02-24, 02:53 AM
A divine caster with water spells eh? Well sandstorm has the Lord of Tides that can locate water and release water from enemies. Theres also the scion of Tem Et Nu but it tied to a deity and is a paladin prestige class which wouldnt gell with a darksun campaign.

drfate
2008-02-24, 02:54 AM
opps sry didnt read the entire first post. Just ignore my stupidity:smallbiggrin:

Leon
2008-02-24, 08:34 AM
Wavekeeper is probably what you want. Divine casting, stuff involving swimming and messing with stuff underwater and with water.

Darksun doesn't have much in the way of "Underwater"