PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Weapon Help

Dragonus45
2008-02-25, 02:18 AM
I made a homebrew world is very low magic and as a result only uses sporadicly affective magic weapons, i did this mainly cus i like legacy weapons which is what most pcs usualy end up with. The chance most magic weapons have of working is based off of a caster lvl check made during its making. They usualy work anyways but getting one with good odds is EXPENSIVE. During an encounter ending with the banishing of a rather angry god of fire the barbarian decided to attack it in a critical moment when he was about to munch the heck out of the poor lvl2 cleric using the mcguffin staff of make angry god go away/take all your hitpoints, and rolled a 20 three times. As i use the instant death option his falchion promptly exploded leaving a chared half of a sword with a handle attached and an even more pissed of god now on his way out the door. Now he wants to make it into a legacy weapon but im not giving him acess to make it himself (hes our groups master of brokeness). But im not really sure how i should make it or what i should give it. The campiagn will feature devils promemintly and i allready know i want to give the sword the fire resistance and devil bane but not much else. Any ideas from the playground.