PDA

View Full Version : Cleric PDMM

ladditude
2008-02-25, 12:32 PM
So our DM allows ridiculous amounts of cheese, so I'm going the whole PDMM route. We have approximately 85,000 gold each and we just got to level 12. So I was planning on buying a Bead of Karma (20,000g), a Ring of Counterspells (2,500g) and 8 Nightsticks (60,000). So are there any other items that will make me harder to debuff? BTW, I'm gonna use consumptive field and punch rats to boost my caster level by six when I cast all my buffs.

I currently have 9 turn attempts a day sans nightsticks.

In addition, what spells should I persist? I'm thinking Righteous Might, Divine Power, Greater Magic Weapon, Magic Vestment and Spell Resistance. Any other suggestions? And does the NA from Righteous Might stack with my Amulet of NA?

Douglas
2008-02-25, 12:55 PM
All spells mentioned in this post are either core or in Spell Compendium.

A Ring of Enduring Arcana from Complete Mage boosts your caster level by 4 for dispel DCs only for 6000 gp, I think.

Don't forget Divine Favor for +3 more attack and damage that stacks with almost everything.

Mass Lesser Vigor can be persisted on the entire party to take care of all out-of-combat healing for the whole day.

You're not quite there yet, but Holy Transformation is a great 7th level Codzilla buff to persist, and stacks completely with the rest. If and when you get to level 17, add Greater Visage of the Deity.

Freedom of Movement is circumstantial but often very useful.

Depending on whether your DM considers touch ranged spells to be persistable (it's arguable both ways, and I'm not sure there's an official verdict), Shield of Faith, Magic Circle Against Good, and Conviction are also very nice.

Righteous Might and Amulets of Natural Armor both provide enhancement bonuses to natural armor and do not stack with each other.

No need to waste turn attempts on Persisting Greater Magic Weapon and Magic Vestment, a mere Extend already makes them last all day at your level and is plenty cheap enough to not need DMM.

Keld Denar
2008-02-25, 01:06 PM
Rings of Greater Counterspelling are WAY better than regular Rings of Counterspelling. They allow you to ID all spells that are being cast around you, even if you can't see/percieve them. They also allow you to use Greater Dispel Magic to pretty much stomp out any spell being cast around you. Get a pair and have Battlemagic Perception (HoBattle) running and you can counterspell the first 3 spells cast at you in any given encounter as non-actions (and the ability to tell which ones you want to counterspell).

Persist Greater Consumptive Field rather than regular when you get it. It autokills anything with 9hp or less and gives you simlar nice bonuses. Kind of makes you unpopular in a city (since most commoners have only 3-6 hp), but meh.

Chosen_of_Vecna
2008-02-25, 04:31 PM
Ring of Spellbattle is a real winner. Auto detect all spells casts. And best of all, Free dispel OR redirect spell to any valid target. Disjunction what?, okay, thanks for casting it on yourself. Greater Dispel? Okay, say goodnight to all your buffs Mr. Wizard.