PDA

View Full Version : North's Maple Syrup Flavored Non-Alliterative Random Banter #95 Eh?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-03, 09:38 PM
*Catches up on the thread, descends into giggles and warm funny fuzzy feelings in her tummy* ^^ I feel loved. Also, we could adopt a hell puppy. They are wonderfully cute. And let's not be too hard on the dragon. *Pets the dragon's sore head*

*Catches up to the math part. Maths have traumatized her deeply and so she feels scared and sad. Goes to her peoples and loving lady snake things for reaffirming cuddles*

...*offers snakeboy love and maths fighting powers*...

Rockphed
2008-03-03, 10:37 PM
I just walked out of my calculus exam. I'm Psychologically scarred by it. Yet again.

I mean, seriously..... they weren't really hard to integrate, but they were so incredibly long and complicated that you lose yourself by the number of steps alone! :smalleek:

If Pythagoras had to answer this exam, he would cry.....

No, Pythagoras would have started crying right about where somebody tried explaining a limit to him. Then he would have declared that all bean eaters must die and tried to throw the heretic over the side of a boat.

He would really have gone spare if you tried explaining e to him.

Thes Hunter
2008-03-03, 11:26 PM
I really have been gone a while. I wuv you guys and I miss conversing with you all.. but when I read the topics here and about I think either "Eh." or "Everything that is interesting to say has already been said."

So I have been lurking.

I am doing well, so how's you all.

Volug
2008-03-04, 12:48 AM
Just a small rant...

Don't stay up late... Your mind plays tricks on you.
After reading a bunch of posts awhile, for some reason I find them offensive to me... Why? I dunno... Something tells me I shouldn't be. One I actually cried over....:smallconfused:
I also feel like everyone's against me, and that you all hate me and plan my demise in Private Messages...:smallconfused: :smallconfused: :smallconfused:

All I can say is.... SLEEP!

Am I going crazy?

wadledo
2008-03-04, 12:49 AM
I can say, with all honesty, that you are not going crazy.
In any sense of the word.

:smallwink:

Volug
2008-03-04, 12:51 AM
I can say, with all honesty, that you are not going crazy.
In any sense of the word.

... I don't get it:smallconfused:
Really... *is confuzzled*

InaVegt
2008-03-04, 12:51 AM
I can say, with all honesty, that you are going crazy.
In all senses of the word.

Volug
2008-03-04, 12:56 AM
I can say, with all honesty, that you are going crazy.
In all senses of the word.

... Wait a minute....
I don't get this post either....:smallconfused:

Thanks for your support????:smallconfused:

*Rolls a "Tries to go asleep" check*
*Botches*

Awwwww...

Hell Puppi
2008-03-04, 01:00 AM
*Catches up on the thread, descends into giggles and warm funny fuzzy feelings in her tummy* ^^ I feel loved. Also, we could adopt a hell puppy. They are wonderfully cute. And let's not be too hard on the dragon. *Pets the dragon's sore head*

*Catches up to the math part. Maths have traumatized her deeply and so she feels scared and sad. Goes to her peoples and loving lady snake things for reaffirming cuddles*

Yay I'm adopted!
...wait....:smallconfused:
Ah well, I'll take it.
:smallbiggrin:

Jagg
2008-03-04, 01:13 AM
Wanders in and looks around.

Um so what happens in this thread? Is this like a slow chat thing?

I wonder if Gabble will work?

type gabbly.com/www.giantitp.com/forum

into the address bar and lets find out.

JAGG

Hey it worked!!

Look guys. Live chat in the comfort of the playground.

Grins

Zakama
2008-03-04, 01:16 AM
... Wait a minute....
I don't get this post either....:smallconfused:

Thanks for your support????:smallconfused:

*Rolls a "Tries to go asleep" check*
*Botches*

Awwwww...

Not sleeping... messes with you. Last night (this morning) I was playing some good 'ol StarCraft and was going to drop some troops into the enemy base. I loaded up my shuttle, sent it in, and promptly forgot about it, thus letting it get shot down.

*Gives Masato +5 Hot Chocolate of Sleeping*

Wanders in and looks around.

Um so what happens in this thread? Is this like a slow chat thing?

I wonder if Gabble will work?

type gabbly.com/www.giantitp.com/forum

into the address bar and lets find out.

JAGG

:smallconfused: Interesting site. What is it exactly?

Volug
2008-03-04, 01:25 AM
*takes hot chocolate*
Thanks... Hot chocolates my fave:smalltongue:

*Checks out gabbly thingie*

Hey! it's cool:smalltongue:

Jagg
2008-03-04, 01:27 AM
I think I started a trend.

Gabbly opens a chat window.. WITHIN the website you are viewing at the time, so you can chat and explore the playground at the same time.

Cool eh?

O.O I think I just broke the 4th wall for every game here

Can't believe I didn't think of this before

JAGG

wadledo
2008-03-04, 01:32 AM
Well, that was underwhelming.

Jagg
2008-03-04, 01:34 AM
@ Wadledo *Tbbpt*

wadledo
2008-03-04, 01:35 AM
@ Wadledo *Tbbpt*

If I knew what that meant I would respond in kind.

Volug
2008-03-04, 01:38 AM
Yeah, that chat thing is cool =D
.... But my name is always in a blue or purple color and it's not RED!

phoenixineohp
2008-03-04, 01:41 AM
I think I'm in there. But no one else is...

Zakama
2008-03-04, 01:43 AM
I am...

No! Come back Mas!

Volug
2008-03-04, 01:47 AM
I iz smrt!!!
I figured it out:smalltongue:

It's mostly about the URL, right now the url I get is....
A. http://gabbly.com/www.giantitp.com/forum

Which you can browse through everything, but it stays the same... (URL)

however....
B. http://gabbly.com/www.giantitp.com/forums

You can do the same thing, but you get a different chat box.

To say.... The people in URL A, won't be able to chat with the people on URL B, even though it's just a minor difference.

((Oh yeah, my user name color is RED!:smallbiggrin: ))

P.S. Don't refresh....

Zakama
2008-03-04, 02:34 AM
Behold. I have started a thread for gabbly. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4019115#post4019115

Mordokai
2008-03-04, 02:52 AM
It's snowing over here! That makes me a happy boy! :smallbiggrin: Oh sure, it's few months late and sure, it'll probably last only a day or so, but finally we're having some snow :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2008-03-04, 03:14 AM
Alas, I cannot view the gabbly goodness. My workplace WebSense blocks it.

In unrelated news, man am I sore.

After two straight days of moving furniture up and down stairs, my thighs are in full on protest mode and nearly refuse to move me around at all. I'm bruised from the neck down to the knees. Yes, somehow I even managed to bruise my belly. But we've managed to at least get most of our stuff into the new house and it's a good feeling. Now, we still have to move the furniture around and get it set up like we want it, but at least most if it is on the correct floor so we can deal with what's left much more easily.

Whew! It does feel good to have gotten that much done this weekend though.:smallcool:

http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/IV42.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/IV42)http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/t2c3.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/t2c3)http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/oHLt.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/oHLt)http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/I6na.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/I6na)

Midnight Son
2008-03-04, 09:02 AM
Well, I'm off to that (hopefully) sunny place. I should be in Florida in about 6 hours or so...

The next post you see from me should be from my new, Vistahttp://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/Dwarf71/Smileys/puke1.gif run laptop.

Stupid store, wouldn't sell me one with XP on it. See if I give them a good rating when I take their survey. That'll show 'em.

Jibar
2008-03-04, 11:31 AM
No.

:smalltongue:

>gives reaffirming cuddles<

Thanks... really. :smallannoyed:

<,< >,> <,<

>cuddles back<

Serpentine
2008-03-04, 08:16 PM
They weren't for you, but you can share ^_^

phoenixineohp
2008-03-04, 08:30 PM
*brings cat muffin into the cuddly goodness*

MS, I think they are required to down grade it if you ask them to. :smallconfused:

How long are you in Florida for?

Midnight Son
2008-03-04, 10:53 PM
*brings cat muffin into the cuddly goodness*

MS, I think they are required to down grade it if you ask them to. :smallconfused:

How long are you in Florida for?Well, here I am in sunnyrainy Orlando. Gonna be here till the morning of the 11th. Looking forward to Epcot and Sea World.

I asked, but Best Buy said it had to be Vista. No problems so far, 'cept for having troubles telling the gorram machine that I don't need it to double-check with me every time I tell it to download. It's in the settings somewhere, but, with all the flying across the bloomin' country, I haven't had time to do it.

Serpentine
2008-03-04, 11:30 PM
I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world. Life in plastic, it's fantastic! You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere... Imagination, life is your creation!

Yes, I own an Aqua CD. What of it? :smallannoyed:

North
2008-03-04, 11:41 PM
I lost my wallet. This day sucks. Im going to end it now.:smallfrown:

The day I mean, just to be specific there.

Rockphed
2008-03-04, 11:42 PM
Well, here I am in sunnyrainy Orlando. Gonna be here till the morning of the 11th. Looking forward to Epcot and Sea World.

Would you rather be in rainySNOWY Michigan? I am about to run around outside and scream at things.

Zakama
2008-03-05, 02:38 AM
Would you rather be in rainySNOWY Michigan? I am about to run around outside and scream at things.

Wisconsin... Is snowier. Unless you live near the coast of lake Michigan, in which case you probably have like 6 feet of snow.

north of canada my butt...

:smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2008-03-05, 02:48 AM
*wanders through thread humming a song*

you'll never get treated
that way by a moose

And it's moose, moose
I like a moose

Reinboom
2008-03-05, 02:53 AM

What part of Michigan, if I may ask?

Midnight Son
2008-03-05, 04:51 AM
Would you rather be in rainySNOWY Michigan? I am about to run around outside and scream at things.Pics or it didn't happen.

T'ze'hai
2008-03-05, 08:07 AM
We had snow this morning. Now back to sun (but still cold). I love spring. :smallbiggrin:

Logic
2008-03-05, 08:42 AM
It's been windy all week here. Though I do enjoy the rain, I absolutely HATE the wind that is usually associated with it.

Jack Squat
2008-03-05, 08:44 AM
I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world. Life in plastic, it's fantastic! You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere... Imagination, life is your creation!

Yes, I own an Aqua CD. What of it? :smallannoyed:

heh...some of my friends did that song at Karaoke last week.

...I then got two guys up there and put on Paradise by the Dashboard Light

Haruki-kun
2008-03-05, 09:36 AM
I tried that Gabbly thing yesterday. It's nice.

But still doesn't beat MSN. :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2008-03-05, 09:44 AM
I just gave it a quick glance. Reminds me of IRC and while I don't count myself for(excuse the expression) graphic whore, I still find MSN preferable.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-05, 06:31 PM
32 C yesterday. Too hot for this time of the year.:smallannoyed:

And they say it'll snow again.:smallsigh:

FoE
2008-03-05, 06:44 PM
Well, if it's so hot, isn't snow a good thing? :smalltongue:

P.S. Finally watched Tenacious D: Pick of Destiny last night. Totally rocked my socks off.

"You guys, having some satanic guitar pick isn't gonna make your rock any better ... because Satan's not in a guitar pick, he's inside all of us. In your hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or exercise, or tell the truth. He's what makes us want to party and have sex with each other all night long. He's that little voice in your mind that says '**** you' to the people you hate. Now you can stay out here and fight on the ground and cry like babies, or you can go in there like friends and rock. So, what's it gonna be?"

Flickerdart
2008-03-05, 06:46 PM
32 C yesterday. Too hot for this time of the year.:smallannoyed:

And they say it'll snow again.:smallsigh:

32C is scorching rain, not snow. lern2celsius.

Unless you meant 32 Kelvin or Fahrenheit.

RandomLogic
2008-03-05, 08:43 PM
32C is scorching rain, not snow. lern2celsius.

Unless you meant 32 Kelvin or Fahrenheit.

I surely hope you don't consider 32 Kelvin warm... and or anywhere near remotely 'hot'. ;)

Flickerdart
2008-03-05, 09:18 PM
I was mainly talking about the snow comment. The only place 32 Kelvin is warm would be deep space.

Zeb The Troll
2008-03-05, 11:48 PM
I think she was saying that it's too hot right now, but it's supposed to get cold again later. Cold enough to snow. She's in Greece, if memory serves, meaning she probably uses oC just fine.

Serpentine
2008-03-06, 12:07 AM
Mm. Note that she says "they say it will snow."

Also: A friend and I went blackberry picking today ^_^ I'm all scratched up, but 'twere fun, and tonight I'm gonna make crepes and ice cream and blackberry sauce.

Kneenibble
2008-03-06, 12:35 AM
Also: A friend and I went blackberry picking today ^_^ I'm all scratched up, but 'twere fun, and tonight I'm gonna make crepes and ice cream and blackberry sauce.

Blackberries?! We're still getting snow here! It's -25 C.
Nothing edible will be growing outdoors until like, Smarch.

Jagg
2008-03-06, 12:57 AM
Sounds Yummy

FoE
2008-03-06, 12:59 AM
Nothing edible will be growing outdoors until like, Smarch.

Lousy Smarch weather. :smallwink:

Jagg
2008-03-06, 01:00 AM
Hey FOE join us in gabbly I'm trying to get 'Mew to do faces :)

oh and if anyone else wants to join in

Mordokai
2008-03-06, 01:45 AM
Lousy Smarch weather. :smallwink:

Ah, the memories :smallbiggrin:

Try not to burn Willie thought :smallwink: I'm sure kids wouldn't be happy about it.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure Rogue meant 32 degree Celsius. It wouldn't be to strange in Greece.

T'ze'hai
2008-03-06, 04:00 AM
Yesterday started snowy and cold, later sun and still a bit cold. Today just grey... :smallfrown:

How come sun makes people happy, and grey weather gets them down?

banjo1985
2008-03-06, 04:16 AM
I've heard it's actually an effect the sun has on our bodies, similar to photosythesis in plants. It's obviously not life or death, but I think the sun changes the chemical balances and reactions in the body, making us feel better in summer and more likely to be depressed in winter.

Don't ask me how it works though. :smalleek:

Dumbledore lives
2008-03-06, 04:43 AM
It's kind of the opposite for me, I like rainy weather so long as I don't have to do to much outside. Sunny days are alright I guess but I still prefer rainy days, or cloudy days.

Charity
2008-03-06, 05:06 AM
Banjo

Vitamin D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_d)

banjo1985
2008-03-06, 05:24 AM
^ Crikey :smalleek:

I'm off to get a suntan, I don't want rickets! It's a wonder all us Brits aren't shuffling around on our knees with our weather.

Mordokai
2008-03-06, 05:27 AM
Banjo

Vitamin D (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_d)

I'm not sure if vitamin D has any affect on depression whatsoever. But then again, it has been long time since I last did any studies on vitamins.

Archonic Energy
2008-03-06, 06:12 AM
It's a wonder all us Brits aren't shuffling around on our knees with our weather.

us brits are genetically better at dealing with a lack of sunshine thanks to thousands of years of evolution, however we do need at least 3 sunny days a year to survive :smallwink:
we call these 3 days a "british summer"

Charity
2008-03-06, 06:59 AM
I'm not sure if vitamin D has any affect on depression whatsoever. But then again, it has been long time since I last did any studies on vitamins.

Er well I have now actual medical knowledge, I just know sunlight assists in the production of Vit D in the skin.

S.A.D. (http://www.sada.org.uk/whatis.htm) apparantly has something to do with the hypothalamus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothalamus) which appears to be a comlex lil fella.

Dragonrider
2008-03-06, 10:01 AM
It was 65F here yesterday :smallbiggrin:

Oh...and hi...I'm back for a post. :smalltongue:

EmeraldRose
2008-03-06, 10:05 AM
:smallsigh: 65 F, someday we shall see you again. Whether it shall be in three months or two, it shall happen! or else we lynch those lying weathermen...

7 F today, although we might see 30 by Sunday... *crosses fingers and prays for some of the snow to melt*

Skippy
2008-03-06, 01:21 PM
I'm eating a brownie right now :smallbiggrin:

It is rather tasty. Anyone wants?

Jack Squat
2008-03-06, 01:25 PM
Sure, just stick it in the mail and hope Customs doesn't get hold of it :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2008-03-06, 05:29 PM
Er well I have now actual medical knowledge, I just know sunlight assists in the production of Vit D in the skin.

S.A.D. (http://www.sada.org.uk/whatis.htm) apparantly has something to do with the hypothalamus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothalamus) which appears to be a comlex lil fella.

That it does :smallsmile: Why do you think rachitis is called English disease?

And yeah, hypothalamus can be a nasty little bugger, but this is hardly time or place to discuss it. Enought to say it is also very interesting indeed :smallsmile: And thanks that S.A.D. link, haven't heard of that before.

Dragonrider
2008-03-06, 05:33 PM
I'm eating a brownie right now :smallbiggrin:

It is rather tasty. Anyone wants?

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
I want!! :smallamused: :smallbiggrin:

hehe...actually...
we have chocolate chip cookies.
So I'm just hungry.
it's three hours till dinner...
:smallsigh:

bluewind95
2008-03-06, 07:55 PM
Wow. What a day. I'm not sure if I should be more disturbed than I am at the fact the electricity was out several hours because of a fire that happened at the hill that's like... 3 walking-minutes from home.

As it is, I just went to watch it a while and then went back home to sleep. And I just woke up.

wadledo
2008-03-06, 08:14 PM
bluewind95, that's odd cause I had a great day.

Learned the girl I think is absolutely adorable has a crush on me, had lots of cadbury eggs/candy/comics/manga/books/laughs with said girl, got some new glasses, worked on my history project a little, completely turned it around but improved it immensely.
I also made Lo Mein.:smallbiggrin:

Skippy
2008-03-06, 08:17 PM
Learned the girl I think is absolutely adorable has a crush on me

That is enough to make anyone's day better. Congratulations!

Dragonrider
2008-03-06, 09:16 PM

Learned the girl I think is absolutely adorable has a crush on me, had lots of cadbury eggs/candy/comics/manga/books/laughs with said girl, got some new glasses, worked on my history project a little, completely turned it around but improved it immensely.

Happy day, Wad! :smallsmile:
Glad to hear your 'interesting' life has gotten 'interesting' for the better.

wadledo
2008-03-06, 09:22 PM
Any kind of interesting is a good interesting.:smallwink:

Skippy
2008-03-06, 09:23 PM
Any kind of interesting is a good interesting.:smallwink:

Wrong.

Last October my neighbor's house caught fire.

That wasn't a good interesting thing.

wadledo
2008-03-06, 09:26 PM
What does not kill you, makes you stronger.
Except for cancer.
And heart attacks.
And the flu.
And a lot of things, but you get my point.

Skippy
2008-03-06, 09:32 PM
What does not kill you, makes you stronger.
Except for cancer.
And heart attacks.
And the flu.
And a lot of things, but you get my point.

I know. Sorry, I'm a bit grumpy right now. The girl I like was making fun of me a bit ago, and my roommate's grandfather is going to be hospitalized tomorrow.

wadledo
2008-03-06, 09:33 PM
I know. Sorry, I'm a bit grumpy right now. The girl I like was making fun of me a bit ago, and my roommate's grandfather is going to be hospitalized tomorrow.

Aw, life is really nothing but dualities, isn't it?:smallfrown:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-06, 09:36 PM

Yay! *celebratory hugs*...now to work on my day-cloning machine. *nods*

*hugs*...I'm sorry your day wasn't awesome, too, Skippy...but there's always tomorrow, right? *more hugs*

Skippy
2008-03-06, 09:37 PM
Aw, life is really nothing but dualities, isn't it?:smallfrown:

You tell me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you. But then again, it's hard to stay in the mood when this kind of things suddenly happen in a matter of a couple minutes...

FoE
2008-03-06, 09:37 PM
Homer: Whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right?
Dr. Hibbert: Oh, on the contrary, it's made you as weak as a kitten.

wadledo
2008-03-06, 09:41 PM
You tell me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you. But then again, it's hard to stay in the mood when this kind of things suddenly happen in a matter of a couple minutes...

My pleasure is your pain.:smallsigh:

Skippy
2008-03-06, 09:46 PM
My pleasure is your pain.:smallsigh:

That's exactly what I didn't want you to think.

You have a good time, enjoy yourself. I'll try to help my roommate as much as I can. As for the girl... I'll sort it out eventually.

wadledo
2008-03-06, 09:51 PM
No, that's what the duality thing was all about.
It's like Newtons Third Law, only less fun.

Dragonrider
2008-03-06, 09:54 PM
No, that's what the duality thing was all about.
It's like Newtons Third Law, only less fun.

I recall we had a discussion about FdL's love life in the "Relationships" thread - whenever other people's relationships went well, his sucked, and vice versa. I guess it's not just him after all. :smalltongue:
(Only, you know, not just relationships, but life)

Skippy
2008-03-06, 09:58 PM
I recall we had a discussion about FdL's love life in the "Relationships" thread - whenever other people's relationships went well, his sucked, and vice versa. I guess it's not just him after all. :smalltongue:
(Only, you know, not just relationships, but life)

Nah, my love life sucks anyway, without needing other people's relationships being successful or not.

Shadow
2008-03-06, 10:10 PM
My personal life used to be fantastic.
Lately I've been working too much to have much of a personal life. It's funny, because one of my rules has always been that no matter what was happening at work, I always make time for me. Always. Period.
Well, remember a few weeks ago when one of my bartenders cut himself?
Well now, the other bartender here had to leave the state shortly after that to take care of some unfortunate family stuff.
I've been working open to close every single day since then. On two occasions I have managed to call in a favor from a friend to come and help me out for a night here and there so that I could get a single day off.
Everyone keeps asking me why I don't just hire some people.
Where would that leave them when the other two come back (which could be tomorrow or 3 months from now)? I have hired someone to help out on Friday and Saturday nights, but that person knows that the job is temporary.

So, personal life?
Not right now.

Oh, and the funny part?
I'm standing behind the bar with my laptop in the corner right now.
Good thing it's slow right now.

dish
2008-03-06, 11:33 PM
Enjoy it. One of the benefits of being the boss is no one can tell you off for surfing at work. It should make up somewhat for the drawbacks of being the boss (including being responsible for covering all the shifts).

Your bar wouldn't be able to support three bar tenders in the future? That way you could get someone to help you now, and once the other two return, have more backup in case of similar situations.

Shadow
2008-03-06, 11:41 PM
Your bar wouldn't be able to support three bar tenders in the future? That way you could get someone to help you now, and once the other two return, have more backup in case of similar situations.
It's just the three of us.
We're usually really good about trading shifts to accomodate each others' needs, but as it is, there's just no one else. We each have four shifts behind the bar. Now I have twelve (actually ten with help for two of them).
Plus my managerial duties, which are completely separate.

But.... I'd rather be in my shoes than Jay's. I wouldn't want my brother to be dying.
And I'd rather be in my shoes than Mike's. At least I can work.
So I accept it.

[edit] I guess I should explain that it's a sushi bar (restaurant) with a full bar, so there aren't a ton of bar shifts to be covered, all in all.

Jibar
2008-03-07, 11:16 AM
Good news everyone,
I failed!
My January exams. I failed!
I got an E on my History and a D in my Philosophy!
I'm officially bottom of both classes! Yaaaaaay!

Dragonrider
2008-03-07, 11:25 AM
Good news everyone,
I failed!
My January exams. I failed!
I got an E on my History and a D in my Philosophy!
I'm officially bottom of both classes! Yaaaaaay!

*Hugs to Jibar*

< at least you've got kitty love to cheer you up...?:smallfrown:

Maybe I will bake a chocolate chip muffin in your honor....

EmeraldRose
2008-03-07, 05:31 PM
It's just the three of us.
We're usually really good about trading shifts to accomodate each others' needs, but as it is, there's just no one else. We each have four shifts behind the bar. Now I have twelve (actually ten with help for two of them).
Plus my managerial duties, which are completely separate.

But.... I'd rather be in my shoes than Jay's. I wouldn't want my brother to be dying.
And I'd rather be in my shoes than Mike's. At least I can work.
So I accept it.

[edit] I guess I should explain that it's a sushi bar (restaurant) with a full bar, so there aren't a ton of bar shifts to be covered, all in all.

Shadow, my boss is headed to Chicago this weekend...I tried to convince her to look you up, mostly because I thought it'd be funny :smallamused: But then I realized I couldn't remember the name of your bar...

Shadow
2008-03-07, 05:47 PM
Shadow, my boss is headed to Chicago this weekend...I tried to convince her to look you up, mostly because I thought it'd be funny :smallamused: But then I realized I couldn't remember the name of your bar...
Blu Coral. (http://Blucoralsushi.com)
But it's in Woodridge, one of the suburbs. I'll be here all weekend.

Awww....
You just logged off. :smallfrown:

Skippy
2008-03-07, 05:51 PM
Looks like an awesome place. If I ever go to Chicago (And I really want to go someday) I'll drop by.

Shadow
2008-03-07, 05:56 PM
Looks like an awesome place. If I ever go to Chicago (And I really want to go someday) I'll drop by.
Better make it soon.
I'm leaving sometime over the next couple of months. :smallsmile:
We're opening a sports bar in Joliet (my hometown) and I'll be going back down there to run that. The plan was to open in early to mid May, but now it's looking more like June sometime, although I'm going to do everything in my power to make it happen as fast as possible so that we're open by the time the Jackhammers have their first home game. We're kitty corner from the field.
I don't want to miss the opener.

Skippy
2008-03-07, 05:59 PM
Better make it soon.
I'm leaving sometime over the next couple of months. :smallsmile:
We're opening a sports bar in Joliet (my hometown) and I'll be going back down there to run that. The plan was to open in early to mid May, but now it's looking more like June sometime, although I'm going to do everything in my power to make it happen as fast as possible so that we're open by the time the Jackhammers have their first home game. We're kitty corner from the field.
I don't want to miss the opener.

Hmm... No, I don't think I will make it this year... Ah well... :smallsigh:

EmeraldRose
2008-03-07, 06:36 PM
Blu Coral. (http://Blucoralsushi.com)
But it's in Woodridge, one of the suburbs. I'll be here all weekend.

Awww....
You just logged off. :smallfrown:

I didn't log off, but I'm not sure she went for it anyway. I'll try again next time she's headed out that way :smallwink:

Dragonrider
2008-03-07, 08:26 PM
We're having a giant potluck at our house tonight. :smallbiggrin: we've invited like everyone we know....and I SMELL BROWNIES! AND COOKIES! AND HOMEMADE FRESH BREAD!!!

Sorry...hunger makes me giddy...:smallwink:

(checks clock)

Twenty minutes....

*salivates*

wadledo
2008-03-07, 09:17 PM
Luck you.
I only have Chinese Almond Drop Cookies.
* rubs deliciousness in faces *

Haruki-kun
2008-03-07, 09:56 PM
I am about to take an online test. And let it be known that in this context, "Online Test" means "For a grade in Philosophy Class", not "Which Heroes character are you?"

I can honestly say I hate this online course. There's no point to it, it's just reading and answering stuff. Incredibly boring stuff, too. You'd think they would have at least told me whether the cake is a lie or not.

In other news, my Physics teacher nearly caught me cheating on a test. Which is weird, since I wasn't cheating at all. Some of us actually study for tests. :smallsigh:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-07, 09:59 PM
In other news, my Physics teacher nearly caught me cheating on a test. Which is weird, since I wasn't cheating at all. Some of us actually study for tests. :smallsigh:

...explain, please?

*hugs*

Haruki-kun
2008-03-07, 10:04 PM
When I arrived, there was writing all over my desk. No, seriously. ALL OVER IT.

During a certain part of the test I lifted the paper..... well mostly because one likes to move around in place to think clearly, I don't know.

It might have mislead him to think that the writing were my notes or something and I was looking at the notes. I was looking at the writing, since someone had written some very interesting thoughts about several things, mainly overusing a word that starts with F, as well as the fact that someone had drawn a very cute picture of a house in a prairie. But I wasn't cheating.

Thank goodness he didn't take my exam or anything. In the end, I couldn't solve the last question, but that means I get 80% right, assuming I didn't get anything else wrong....

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-07, 10:09 PM
When I arrived, there was writing all over my desk. No, seriously. ALL OVER IT.

During a certain part of the test I lifted the paper..... well mostly because one likes to move around in place to think clearly, I don't know.

It might have mislead him to think that the writing were my notes or something and I was looking at the notes. I was looking at the writing, since someone had written some very interesting thoughts about several things, mainly overusing a word that starts with F, as well as the fact that someone had drawn a very cute picture of a house in a prairie. But I wasn't cheating.

Thank goodness he didn't take my exam or anything. In the end, I couldn't solve the last question, but that means I get 80% right, assuming I didn't get anything else wrong....

...your teacher wouldn't even look at the desk-notes to confirm? :smallfrown:

*hugs*...good luck, though. *hopes for good grades*

Serpentine
2008-03-07, 10:09 PM
Aw Jibar. >hugs< What does that mean, for the rest of the year? Will you have to do those classes again, or just take your low marks and move on, or what? You'll just have to do better next time *nod*

>orders whip<

Haruki-kun
2008-03-07, 10:12 PM
...your teacher wouldn't even look at the desk-notes to confirm? :smallfrown:

*hugs*...good luck, though. *hopes for good grades*

Nah, he wouldn't be bothered by it. But meh.... doesn't matter. 's long as he didn't take the test from me.

But thanks for your concern. :smallsmile: *hugs*

Flickerdart
2008-03-07, 10:18 PM
Ugh. Today has been a mess of a day. The most pathetic thing to happen in school was me hitting myself on random objects thrice in Programming. Then I spent several hours planning Brawl tourneys with my staff...after which they whipped me into doing banners for the site.
That meant rendering the DQS:TMQATTOM logo, which took ages because whoever made it hated all graphics designers everywhere. Then the same process was repeated with what must have been a trillion different renders, after which I scrapped them all.
At least now Smash and DQS banners are done, I have a preorder for Sunday and then March frikkin break. Which means 8 consecutive days of Brawl.

Jibar
2008-03-08, 02:31 AM
Aw Jibar. >hugs< What does that mean, for the rest of the year? Will you have to do those classes again, or just take your low marks and move on, or what? You'll just have to do better next time *nod*

>orders whip<

It means that I'll have to do them again, but if I mess up then and mess up my May exams, I'll have to do the year again.
Happier news is I got to see Oedipus Rex performed on Thursday. Oedipus himself was quite the looker, but he had his trousers hanging too low for most the play and his underwear didn't match.

Why are you ordering a whip anyway?

Serpentine
2008-03-08, 03:23 AM
Gotta keep you focussed and in line, "whip you into shape" so to speak :smallwink:

wadledo
2008-03-08, 03:28 AM
Gotta keep you focussed and in line, "whip you into shape" so to speak :smallwink:

Could I sign up for that to?
My mid-years where terrible.

Shadow
2008-03-08, 06:28 AM
Looks like Serp's a little busy with Jibar for now.
I'll handle this one Wadledo.

*orders cattle prod*

unstattedCommoner
2008-03-08, 08:28 AM
I am about to take an online test. And let it be known that in this context, "Online Test" means "For a grade in Philosophy Class", not "Which Heroes character are you?"

( ) True
( ) False
( ) don't know
( ) not possible to know
( ) not a question
( ) all of the above

dish
2008-03-08, 08:59 AM
It is International Women's Day (8th March). I had never heard of this celebration when I lived in the UK, but here in China it's a big deal.

I'm on yet another work trip - boring, tiresome, but at least I get two nights in a 5-star hotel for free.

I came back to the hotel room this evening to discover that housekeeping had left me some holiday presents: a single pink rose and a teddy bear. (Teddy bear is rather inexplicably dressed up in a US Marine Corp outfit. I guess they got a job lot from a factory somewhere...)

So...half of me is thinking, "Oh, that's really sweet of them..."
And the other half is pondering quite what these presents signify. It's supposed to be a celebration of the equality of women - independence, achievement - that sort of stuff. And they've given me (they know my age from check-in, and I'm a lot closer to middle-age than teenage) a teddy bear.

Mmmm.

SMEE
2008-03-08, 09:06 AM
International Women's Day is a big thing here in Brazil as well. :smallsmile:
It's interesting, to say the least.

dish
2008-03-08, 09:22 AM
International Women's Day is a big thing here in Brazil as well. :smallsmile:
It's interesting, to say the least.

Well, happy International Women's Day!

I should have said that in my earlier post. Oh well, happy International Women's Day to all in the playground.

Zar Peter
2008-03-08, 09:39 AM
It's international women day?
My wife should bring me a beer so I can celebrate...

* Is awaiting to be beat up by every women in the forums *

Happy Women's day to all, sorry I couldn't resist :smallbiggrin:

dish
2008-03-08, 10:44 AM
We're sure you're joking, and will in fact bring your wife a beer.

Haruki-kun
2008-03-08, 11:21 AM
=O

It's International Women's Day?

Happy Women's Day to all women! :smallsmile:

Flickerdart
2008-03-08, 11:44 AM
Irrational Women's Day? Sounds redundant. :smallwink:

Oh, whoops. International. My mistake. Happy International Women's Day, women!

Oh, and this day also marks the start of my March Break. Which is win and to the max.

Zar Peter
2008-03-08, 11:51 AM
We're sure you're joking, and will in fact bring your wife a beer.

Oh damned, they discovered the truth. Let's hide somewhere...

Dragonrider
2008-03-08, 12:21 PM
Why do my fingers keep doing this? Whywhywhywhywhy???

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t3/soggypoptart/100_9946.jpg

It hurts. :smallfrown:
Yeah...it's like a hangnail, the skin peels back below my nail and I can't figure out what makes it happen. It's only one one finger right now but it happens to all of them. Frequently. I usually have at least one like that. Grrr!:smallannoyed:

:smalltongue: [/rant]

Shadow
2008-03-08, 12:22 PM
"For a grade in Philosophy Class"( ) True
( ) False
( ) don't know
( ) not possible to know
( ) not a question
(X) all of the above:smallbiggrin:Did I pass? Did I? Did I?

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-08, 12:27 PM

Yeah...it's like a hangnail, the skin peels back below my nail and I can't figure out what makes it happen. It's only one one finger right now but it happens to all of them. Frequently. I usually have at least one like that. Grrr!:smallannoyed:

...usually I have to bite my fingers to get them to do that...and badly, too...or just use razor blades.

That said, yeah, that's really, really painful! *huggles fingertips*

EmeraldRose
2008-03-08, 12:32 PM
So, March is Social Work month, and I got to work yesterday morning to discover my co-workers had broken into our office Thursday night, and decorated our office with streamers and balloons, and given my boss and me a dozen roses each, and a bucket full of chocolate each. :smallbiggrin: This was a wonderful surprise, and our office looks like we're having a party!

Fortunately, our activities director kept our executive director from doing some of his ideas for decoration. He wanted to a) fill the office with pudding, b) fill the office with water, c) TP the room, or d) put the CPR dummy in my chair, so that when I unlocked the office and turned on the light, it would be there to scare me. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but this dummy is dressed in a hospital gown and has footies on, so it would at first glance actually appear to be a person.

We will, of course, be putting the dummy into his office for April Fool's Day...:smallamused:

Haruki-kun
2008-03-08, 12:36 PM
:smallbiggrin:Did I pass? Did I? Did I?

Ironically, most questions seem to be related to that. <.<

The cake is a lie, of course. But is the Lie real?

Ah! :smalleek:

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-08, 12:45 PM
Is the Lie a lie?:smalleek:

Rawhide
2008-03-08, 12:48 PM
Ah, but I'm pretty sure that its impossible to get anything wrong when doing philosophy...

Jibar
2008-03-08, 12:49 PM
Ah, but I'm pretty sure that its impossible to get anything wrong when doing philosophy...

Tell that to whoever gave me the D :smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2008-03-08, 12:54 PM

Your answers were to precise. Try to be a little bit more random and you will pass. (Philosophy, the counterpart of Mathematik :smallwink: )

Haruki-kun
2008-03-08, 12:54 PM
I can't get the projects wrong, true.

Except when she takes points off for spelling and MLA Format. *kicks MLA Format*

Otherwise, homework and projects are usually right. The problem is that the computer that checks my tests only knows two options: Right and Wrong.

I seriously despise online courses.

Rawhide
2008-03-08, 12:55 PM

Well, go back and argue why you feel that way :smallwink:, be persuasive.

"The cake is most certainly not a lie and here is why..."

Dealing with facts, yes, suchandsuch was born then and did this there on that date. But dealing with arguments is all about being persuasive.

Flickerdart
2008-03-08, 12:59 PM
MLA? Shouldn't Philosophy be APA?

wadledo
2008-03-08, 01:01 PM

Bleh, that happens to me to, though only under my nails.
Which really bites when I get a paper cut from a 45 year old book there.
I've gotten so many infections that way.

Also, does anyone know about the graphic novel series "Flight"?
It be awesome.
And sad, but mostly awesome.

Haruki-kun
2008-03-08, 01:09 PM
MLA? Shouldn't Philosophy be APA?

It's MLA. It's always MLA. Stupid school, probably taking bribes from MLA......

*kicks MLA again*

Jibar
2008-03-08, 01:10 PM
Well, go back and argue why you feel that way :smallwink:, be persuasive.

"The cake is most certainly not a lie and here is why..."

Dealing with facts, yes, suchandsuch was born then and did this there on that date. But dealing with arguments is all about being persuasive.

Your answers were to precise. Try to be a little bit more random and you will pass. (Philosophy, the counterpart of Mathematik :smallwink: )

I've seen mark schemes for Philosophy Papers. There's nothing there. It can be summed up as "How are you feeling Mr. Examiner? Good? Give 'em an A then. They'll never catch on."

You're also both smart arses and I hate you. :smalltongue:

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-08, 02:46 PM
(Philosophy, the counterpart of Mathematik :smallwink: )

Actually, Math isn't just about calculations.
There's much philosophy in math.

Gem Flower
2008-03-08, 02:53 PM
Ya know what? I'm cool with not knowing what you people are talking about.:smallwink:

Bookman
2008-03-08, 03:01 PM
It's MLA. It's always MLA. Stupid school, probably taking bribes from MLA......

*kicks MLA again*

If you're not careful MLA will kick back. Harder. With it's parenthetical references.

And here is a very important question. Does anyone know the origin of "ZOMGWTFBBQ" and possibly a link? :biggrin: :tongue: I'm trying to explain it to one of my managers via e-mail and.....she understands the letters but keeps asking me where the Z comes from. (It was a response to this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=j3pz2VgIM7E&feature=bz302) video. And I had three other "witty" responses including "That's art you can sink your teeth into!" and so on...)

unstattedCommoner
2008-03-08, 03:10 PM
Actually, Math isn't just about calculations.
There's much philosophy in math.

The Group is Lie.

Shadow
2008-03-08, 03:11 PM
Bookster:

Like, Zoinks!

Bookman
2008-03-08, 03:25 PM
Bookster:

Like, Zoinks!

So you're supposed to say zoinks? O.O

EVERYTHING I THOUGHT WAS A LIE

(So does that mean for me, personally, the cake is NOT a lie by the double negative rule?)

Skippy
2008-03-08, 03:27 PM
So you're supposed to say zoinks? O.O

EVERYTHING I THOUGHT WAS A LIE

(So does that mean for me, personally, the cake is NOT a lie by the double negative rule?)

Hmmm... If you believed the cake is a lie, and everything you believed is a lie, then the lie is a lie, so it would automatically make the cake true... Yes, that kinda makes sense...

EmeraldRose
2008-03-08, 03:31 PM
But what if the cake is not really a cake and is instead a pancake? Does that make a lie of the name, or is the name a lie in and of itself?

Shadow
2008-03-08, 03:32 PM
^^: But you obviously believe in the double negative rule, so it, therefore, must also be a lie.
Proving once again that the cake is indeed a lie.

unstattedCommoner
2008-03-08, 03:32 PM
Hmmm... If you believed the cake is a lie, and everything you believed is a lie, then the lie is a lie, so it would automatically make the cake true... Yes, that kinda makes sense...

But if you believe that, and everything you believe is a lie, then ...

Flickerdart
2008-03-08, 03:39 PM
Bookman, the "z" is allegedly a typo when the typist tried to hit the Shift key for an all-caps OMG but missed and produced a zomg instead.

Shadow
2008-03-08, 03:41 PM
I liked Zoinks! better....

Lyesmith
2008-03-08, 03:44 PM
Jinkies!

Ahh, Scooby Doo...
That takes me back. For the good old days of childhood, huh?
Also, i am listening to a beautifully sad song...it's totally heartwrenching.

Flickerdart
2008-03-08, 06:11 PM
I made the mistake of going outside today. "Snow" is not strong enough a word to describe what I sunk in.

rubakhin
2008-03-08, 06:20 PM
Whereas it is inexplicably about sixty degrees out where I am. I am only inside right now because the sky has become pitch black.

I mock you with my WARMTH

(Of course, it'll probably be below twenty tomorrow, considering how effed up the weather is here.)

Dragonrider
2008-03-08, 06:38 PM
@^^ zomgftwbbq, there's a Wadledo look-alike around here! :smalleek:

:smallamused: looky there how I managed to tie my thoughts in with the current topic. Ya like that there? :smallwink:

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-03-08, 08:13 PM
@^^ zomgftwbbq,

What exactly does that mean, I speak in complete sentences in English, not text.

Hell Puppi
2008-03-08, 08:35 PM
Which is odd, because technically you're talking in text right now....

But 'omgwtfbbq' generally denotes surprise and not understanding the matter at hand.

wadledo
2008-03-08, 08:37 PM
@^^ zomgftwbbq, there's a Wadledo look-alike around here! :smalleek:

There are three or four people who have avatars similar to mine on the boards now.
A couple of times I've had to go "When did I write that?" before realizing that they're not me.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-08, 08:48 PM
There are three or four people who have avatars similar to mine on the boards now.
A couple of times I've had to go "When did I write that?" before realizing that they're not me.

...wow, dude. :P

*hugs*

...I miss knowing people who said "like, zoe-my-gawd!"... >.>

Flickerdart
2008-03-08, 08:53 PM
Lookalike? I'll have you know that a Patapon looks nothing like that orange monstrosity.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-08, 08:55 PM
Lookalike? I'll have you know that a Patapon looks nothing like that orange monstrosity.

...you look like a black-and-white Waddle Doo. With mutant head fingers.

...also, wadledo, I'm sorry, but the misspelling in your name always drives me CRAYZEE. >.<

Flickerdart
2008-03-08, 08:56 PM
PATAPON! Dammit!
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/821/821441/tgs-2007-patapon-screens-20070920031820771.jpg
One of thems guys. Only as a Kirby because of Brawl week. My previous one was a James Bond Patapon.

wadledo
2008-03-08, 08:59 PM
...also, wadledo, I'm sorry, but the misspelling in your name always drives me CRAYZEE. >.<

Hehehehehehe, my evil plan is working....

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-08, 09:01 PM
PATAPON! Dammit!
http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/article/821/821441/tgs-2007-patapon-screens-20070920031820771.jpg
One of thems guys. Only as a Kirby because of Brawl week. My previous one was a James Bond Patapon.

I know what you're talking about, but it being a patapon does not make it look less Waddle Doo like. *nods*

...I think it's all in the arms/legs. But yes.

...also...in looking at the picture...are the spiky things a hat of some sort?

EDIT@^: Damn you, wadledo! >.<

2008-03-08, 09:09 PM
Which is odd, because technically you're talking in text right now....

But 'omgwtfbbq' generally denotes surprise and not understanding the matter at hand.

I would never have figured that out in a million years. I actually pride myself on the fact that I have no idea what most of the text acronyms stand for.

Flickerdart
2008-03-08, 09:14 PM
I know what you're talking about, but it being a patapon does not make it look less Waddle Doo like. *nods*

...I think it's all in the arms/legs. But yes.

...also...in looking at the picture...are the spiky things a hat of some sort?

EDIT@^: Damn you, wadledo! >.<
Yes, the tri-pronged helmet is indeed a hat.

Serpentine
2008-03-08, 09:33 PM
Ouch Dragonrider. I get that too, though not as extensive (though sometimes deep enough to make it bleed). I just smother the backs of my fingers in moisturiser, that usually gets rid of it/stops it happening.

More precisely, omgwtfbbq = "Oh My God, What The Feck, Barbeque", the latter, I believe, being kinda making fun of all the acronyms.

I have no idea what a "Patapon" or a "Waddle Do" is, and I always just pronounce Wadledo as "WAD-lee-doe"

FdL
2008-03-08, 09:43 PM
Is there a kirby meme playing out forumwide? I see a pattern here. Always the last to know everything... >.<

Nevermind...I didn't see/ the thread. I'm not here much lately. *goes back to lurk mode*

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-08, 09:48 PM
I have no idea what a "Patapon" or a "Waddle Do" is, and I always just pronounce Wadledo as "WAD-lee-doe"

Patapon is a game involving little...tribesmen? That follow the beat and commands of your drumming. Looks really cool.

And Waddle Doo is the relative of Waddle Dee, from the Kirby games. He shoots a beam from his eye, and eating him gives you the beam power and a jester hat and wand. Least, it did in the SNES version.

Flickerdart
2008-03-08, 09:59 PM
Is there a kirby meme playing out forumwide? I see a pattern here. Always the last to know everything... >.<

It's all Brawl's fault. People are Kirbifying their avatars, though a rare few are adding other Smash traits, like Samus bits.

Pyro
2008-03-08, 10:09 PM
I don't see what the fuss is about. After all it is just a videogame.

Flickerdart
2008-03-08, 10:27 PM

*hands Pyro a flame-retardant shield*
You'll need this.

2008-03-08, 10:38 PM
I have never played Smash Bros., and likely never will.

FdL
2008-03-08, 10:42 PM
I do agree with Pyro, but well...

In any case, that Patapon game looks awesome. Totally the kind of game I love. Original games. A pity these kind of gems seldom come out for other systems. Oh well, there's the future and emulation...Also I'm happy that PS2 emulation seems to be taking off ^^

Haruki-kun
2008-03-09, 01:51 AM

Yes and no.

To put it simply, Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi was just a movie. But that didn't stop people from camping out to watch it.

It's just an incredible game.

@PGCOD: You probably should, it's a really good way to spend an afternoon with friends.

Phae Nymna
2008-03-09, 02:05 AM
Yes and no.

To put it simply, Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi was just a movie. But that didn't stop people from camping out to watch it.

@PGCOD: You probably should, it's a really good way to spend an afternoon with friends.

I feel so stupid whenever I think of Episode VI. I actually cried when
Darth Vader/Anakin was unmasked and then promptly died.
I am such a geek...

phoenixineohp
2008-03-09, 02:16 AM

Oh?
"I believe that the strongest governmental system is a monarchy because thats the system that the aliens who abducted me used. And obviously they were doing well since they were able to develop such an successful space program...." :smallwink:

Haruki-kun
2008-03-09, 02:26 AM
In the meantime, there's a huge party next door. I doubt I'm gonna get to sleep at all at this rate. They're just so loud. :smallannoyed:

Serpentine
2008-03-09, 02:31 AM
Crash it?
In a clown suit.

Jibar
2008-03-09, 02:36 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TIME HAS ENDED

It says latest post, 8:31am.
8:31am.
IT'S ONLY 7:36AM!

WE ARE DOOOOOMED!

Haruki-kun
2008-03-09, 02:43 AM
Crash it?
In a clown suit.

Heh. That would be pretty neat. :smallbiggrin:

*goes to get clown costume*

I don't really think the clown costume goes well with the whole people getting dead drunk and stuff, though.

Mordokai
2008-03-09, 02:48 AM
Get some pies along with it :smallbiggrin:

phoenixineohp
2008-03-09, 03:32 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

TIME HAS ENDED

It says latest post, 8:31am.
8:31am.
IT'S ONLY 7:36AM!

WE ARE DOOOOOMED!

Ahem. * points out the spring forward, daylight savings time*

Jibar
2008-03-09, 03:37 AM
Yeah everything's better now.
*Ahem*
Carry on...

Rawhide
2008-03-09, 03:38 AM
Oh?
"I believe that the strongest governmental system is a monarchy because thats the system that the aliens who abducted me used. And obviously they were doing well since they were able to develop such an successful space program...." :smallwink:

Hey, if you make your argument persuasive enough... (that argument contains both a weak reason and a fallacy however - points on who can spot and identify them)

unstattedCommoner
2008-03-09, 05:29 AM
Hey, if you make your argument persuasive enough... (that argument contains both a weak reason and a fallacy however - points on who can spot and identify them)

It doesn't address the issue that there may be other alien races who use a different form of government and who could also have abducted her, and it was mere chance that the monarchists got there first.

Shadow
2008-03-09, 05:35 AM
Hey, if you make your argument persuasive enough... (that argument contains both a weak reason and a fallacy however - points on who can spot and identify them)The weak reason:
I believe that the strongest governmental system is a monarchy because thats the system that the aliens who abducted me used.The "alleged fact" that the aliens that supposedly abducted Pxp used a monarchy as their government has nothing to do with the hypothetical strength of said government. Combine this unconfirmable claim about their government with the fact that the entire statement is based on a personal belief.... you have an extremely weak reason to base an argument for debate on.

The fallacy:
And obviously they were doing well since they were able to develop such an successful space program.The success of any collective space program is indicative of the quality/level of science in said land, not of the governmental body of that nation/world.

[edit]
By the way, I REALLY HATE the "lost hour" in the spring time change. I totally NEED that hour for sleep....

Rawhide
2008-03-09, 06:22 AM
Hmm, you've raised a very good point. I see now that there's not only a weak reason, as there's little to back the claim of alien abduction or what their government is, but there is also a fallacy supported fallacy.

The first fallacy being that their space program is indicative of the strength of their government, when it is only indicative of their level of technology. It is of course also a possibility that they only became a monarchy recently and/or stole the technology, which leads me to the fallacy this fallacy is supporting...

That all monarchies are strong because this one monarchy is apparently strong. This is the same as saying that Bill Gates is smart and Bill Gates is rich, therefore, all smart people are rich.

@V In that case, I bid you both greetings and a good night.

Shadow
2008-03-09, 06:29 AM
I think that may have been the first real interaction between the two of us.
And from it I've decided that I like Rawhide.

You have introduced yourself. I have introduced myself. This has been a very good conversation.

Aaaannnd.... I'm off to bed.
'Night.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-03-09, 07:19 AM
So, SMash Brothers is what?

France was . . . sweet. In both the luiteral and slang sense. Except for Friday. Friday hurt in so many ways.

zeratul
2008-03-09, 07:24 AM
Super smash bro's is a fighting game composed of various popular nintendo characters, who proceed to beat the crap out of each other (link, mario, curby, star fox, and now apparently solid snake which was an......interesting choice.)

Rawhide
2008-03-09, 07:39 AM
It's Nintendo's hilarious take on itself.

Take all of your beloved Nintendo characters from throughout the ages, then pit them in a game of mortal combat (sans the mortal) with up to four players at once (hint - four person free for all with every person for themselves is absolute mayhem but extremely fun), and you get the makings for an absolute blast of a game.

Pwenet
2008-03-09, 07:52 AM
It's Nintendo's hilarious take on itself.

Take all of your beloved Nintendo characters from throughout the ages, then pit them in a game of mortal combat (sans the mortal) with up to four players at once (hint - four person free for all with every person for themselves is absolute mayhem but extremely fun), and you get the makings for an absolute blast of a game.

It is the universal party game.

Before my wedding (and another friend wedding) we played Smash Brothers for HOURS while the ladies were taking their sweet time getting ready :smalltongue:

Also - Curse you daylights savings time! I was enjoying driving into work as the sun rose, now it will be pitch black when I get into work! I blame my psychotic break on you Daylights Savings Time!!!

Jibar
2008-03-09, 08:03 AM
When of my days at college was when all my lessons were cancelled save first.
I grabbed my gamecube, four controllers, Mario Kart Double Dash, Soul Calibur II and Super Smash Bros Melee and spent the day whooping major kick ass.
Now nobody will play me on Soul Calibur II unless I don't play Nightmare.

Rawhide
2008-03-09, 08:11 AM
O. M. G.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/hidden07/hidden07.jpg (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/hidden07.html)

'nuff said.

SMEE
2008-03-09, 08:14 AM
It is the universal party game.

Before my wedding (and another friend wedding) we played Smash Brothers for HOURS while the ladies were taking their sweet time getting ready :smalltongue:

Sorry sir, but I must inquire if happen to be impling that us, ladies, take HOURS to get dressed and ready? :smallannoyed:

We just take the time we deem enough to bring you gentlemen to a proper level of annoyance and amusement. :smalltongue:

Edit:
@^ Yes... yes... they decided to put up R.O.B. but left someone as amazing as Little Mac out of it. :smallsigh:

Serpentine
2008-03-09, 08:24 AM
Before my wedding (and another friend wedding) we played Smash Brothers for HOURS while the ladies were taking their sweet time getting ready :smalltongue:So awesome. Right, when I get married, I'm going to make sure I have a relatively simple get-up (I quite like the ones from Gallery Serpentine (http://www.galleryserpentine.com.au/productslist.aspx?CategoryID=52&selection=1), for example, which seem, well, relatively simple but quite lovely) and my groom has something ridiculously complicated so I get to do that.
In high school I spent a whole weekend straight playing Smash Brothers and Mario Party almost non-stop at my friend's house... I got blisters on my palms and thumbs. *sigh* Good times, good times...

Pwenet
2008-03-09, 08:27 AM
Sorry sir, but I must inquire if happen to be impling that us, ladies, take HOURS to get dressed and ready? :smallannoyed:

We just take the time we deem enough to bring you gentlemen to a proper level of annoyance and amusement. :smalltongue:

Yes I am. It is a scientific fact for most of the lady community :smalltongue:
I jest I jest, though my EX took hours upon hours for simple affairs at times.

Dr. Bath
2008-03-09, 09:10 AM
Argleblargle.

Today not good is. I've already collapsed for some reason, cut my leg against a door, deleted (well, corrupted) half my coursework, been soaked and completely blacked out. Why? Why today? I had so much to do.

Now I'm done complaining I'm gonna ...go ...over ...here now. And sleep.

wadledo
2008-03-09, 09:20 AM
Sleeppppppp Bath, go to sleepppppppp.
And dreammmmmmm. Dreammmmmmmm.

A girl did that to me yesterday in the mall.
So F'ing creepy.

Mordokai
2008-03-09, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear that Bath. Here, lets try the Cobra's method.

*hugs*

Hope that makes you feel at least a little bit better :smallsmile: Probably not, but it was worth a try.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-03-09, 10:04 AM
200ish customers?
That's a lot.

On sleep: On the ferry last night there was the entire group from my college (16 girls 2 boys) AND about 6 French guys.
One of whom was deemed 'fit'; really fit. So a couple of girls set out to photograph him.
In his tight.
White.
Boxers.
They caught him. From the front and the back.
And he has a niiiiiice butt.:smallamused:

Anywho; we all (about 45 all in one small corridor cabins 503 - 507) were hanging out chatting in the corridor just being normal and rather quiet.
When Fat Guy walks in and disturbs everything. We were even really quiet.
Then French teacher comes, gibve the French guys an earful and leaves.
Then English techer comes gives us an earful and leaves.
Then after Code Rouge is over we come out for chats.
This happened until roughly half one am.
Then the final Code ROuge came. We were sent to bed for laughing.

Except Jamie (male). His cabin partner Matt and Matt girlfriend were in Matt's cabin...
Some Jamie slept in the corridor.

Dragonrider
2008-03-09, 10:06 AM
CURLY IS BACK!!! :smallbiggrin:

*ahem*

Sorrysorry...continue....

CurlyKitGirl
2008-03-09, 10:16 AM
Yes.
Yes I am back.

More gossip anyone?

Pyro
2008-03-09, 10:24 AM
Yes and no.

Ahhhhh I think I should I have the :smalltongue: at the end, because I did mean that statement half jokingly. It's totally okay to freak over a videogame, as anyone who finds the orange box thread would find out.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-09, 10:25 AM
Yes.
Yes I am back.

More gossip anyone?

I got married with FoE, Haruki killed Skippy and Bathy is pregnant.

Apart from that, nothing happened.

Skippy
2008-03-09, 10:30 AM
I got married with FoE, Haruki killed Skippy and Bathy is pregnant.

Apart from that, nothing happened.

Haruki did WHAT??? :smalleek: :smalleek:

Huh, I didn't get the memo... I guess that explains why doors aren't a bother anymore, why I always feel so cold, and that light that seems to call me somewhere... Oh, and the choir music.

EmeraldRose
2008-03-09, 10:32 AM
If Bathy is pregnant, who's the mommy? Or is he spawning? And does this make Skippy a zombie, or vampire, or what?

Pwenet
2008-03-09, 10:33 AM
Haruki did WHAT??? :smalleek: :smalleek:

Huh, I didn't get the memo... I guess that explains why doors aren't a bother anymore, why I always feel so cold, and that light that seems to call me somewhere... Oh, and the choir music.

Ohh!

Fresh parts!

Another bit of gossip - Banjo1985 is pregnant with the alien love child of Zar Peter.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-09, 10:42 AM
Bathy got pregnant to Salmon's baby, duh.

The kid will be a water elemental.

Haruki killed skippy because.. I don't know why.
You know what?:smallannoyed:
It's none of your bussiness, people.

Gee.. all those gossips..

Skippy
2008-03-09, 10:43 AM
If Bathy is pregnant, who's the mommy? Or is he spawning? And does this make Skippy a zombie, or vampire, or what?

I dunno. I wonder what did Haruki do with my body...

CurlyKitGirl
2008-03-09, 10:46 AM
Umm.
ruki-chan certainly didn't auction it off.
And a Victorian girl wih a fan certainly did not buy it to use in all sorts of Black Arts rituals and for her own fun. *awaits necrophile jokes*

WHat?

EmeraldRose
2008-03-09, 10:54 AM
But what is that behind your fan M'mselle? Is that a body part? *gasp* And he's still undead! ...or something...:smalltongue:

Raiser Blade
2008-03-09, 11:17 AM
Maybe skippy is now a fresh batch of pies like in Sweeny Todd... :smalleek:

Rawhide
2008-03-09, 11:25 AM
Maybe skippy is now a fresh batch of pies like in Sweeny Todd... :smalleek:

SOYLENT GREEN!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-soylent-milk.jpg

Almighty Salmon
2008-03-09, 11:25 AM
Bathy got pregnant to Salmon's baby, duh.

The kid will be a water elemental.

Oh, harr harr. Very funny! :smallannoyed:

But in all seriousness, if you want gossip i've heard that Roguey is actually the love child of Serpentine and The Giant. Really, i'm not making this stuff up, would I lie? *Doe eyes*

Rawhide
2008-03-09, 11:27 AM
Really, i'm not making this stuff up, would I lie? *Doe eyes*

*ahem* yes

EmeraldRose
2008-03-09, 11:28 AM
So, all this time Bath and Salmon have only been pretending to fight, when in all actuality they were...*gasp*...secretly scrubbing each other's backs? :smalleek:

Rawhide
2008-03-09, 11:31 AM
So, all this time Bath and Salmon have only been pretending to fight, when in all actuality they were...*gasp*...secretly scrubbing each other's backs? :smalleek:

*cough* (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlapSlapKiss) .

CurlyKitGirl
2008-03-09, 11:38 AM
SO Salmon is a girl!

I thought so.:smalltongue:

Skippy
2008-03-09, 11:40 AM
SO Salmon is a girl!

It's a fish. You can never tell for certain.

And he looks like a Hanson... >.>

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-09, 11:42 AM
SO Salmon is a girl!

No, they're both guys.

Bathy is pregnant because he can.

Almighty Salmon
2008-03-09, 11:45 AM
*Stabs Curly, Roguey and Skippy*

Well? Any other wise guy wanna take a crack at me? Huh?! Yeah?! Y'know?! *Twitch*

Rawhide
2008-03-09, 11:45 AM
Bath's offspring (ain't it cute?):
http://www.haggul.com/ProdImage/50%5C399449.jpg

It's a fish. You can never tell for certain.

And he looks like a Hanson... >.>

mmmbop (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=sd0C_Us31kk)

Skippy
2008-03-09, 11:48 AM
mmmbop (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=sd0C_Us31kk)

The prosecution rests, your honor.

EmeraldRose
2008-03-09, 11:49 AM
Wow, that was a quick pregnancy...Although, I suppose when it's a bath and a fish, you can never tell what's going to happen.

It definitely resembles its Bath...:smallamused:

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-09, 11:49 AM
Hey, fishy!:smallannoyed:
Not our fault you became a daddy!!!

You better calm down, don't want my nephew to get upset by your loud voice.:smallannoyed:

Also,

Bathy and Fishy offsprings:

http://www.totallyabsurd.com/fish_bath.GIF
FISH BATH!!!

FoE
2008-03-09, 11:52 AM
Wowzers. But wouldn't Almighty Salmon be the "mother?" :smalltongue:

Almighty Salmon
2008-03-09, 11:52 AM
*Quietly weeps in the corner*

Skippy
2008-03-09, 11:54 AM
I hadn't realized it's been eleven years since Hanson's rise and fall. Makes me kinda nostalgic...

Volug
2008-03-09, 11:55 AM
*Runs into thread*

*gets smash ball*

*Uses Great Aether on thread*

*KO's thread*

Okay, go back to the conversation.

*Leaves thread*

EmeraldRose
2008-03-09, 11:57 AM
Hmm, Salmon is weeping, so you make a good point. Perhaps they are both mommies? :smallbiggrin:

Zombie pixe
2008-03-09, 11:57 AM
wha...? :smalleek:

CurlyKitGirl
2008-03-09, 12:00 PM
Well; women have 'plumbing' for children.
Baths have plumbing.

And in France where they're gender-mad a bathroom is 'une salle de bain'.

Therefore, Bath is female.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-09, 12:04 PM
In modern Greek bath is "baniera", a female too.

And I was thinking of bathy as pregnant because baths are round enough to have babies.

Haruki-kun
2008-03-09, 12:04 PM
Well; women have 'plumbing' for children.
Baths have plumbing.

And in France where they're gender-mad a bathroom is 'une salle de bain'.

Therefore, Bath is female.

Yes, but in Spanish, where we're also gender-mad, it's "un baño". So probably Bath is male.

Rawhide
2008-03-09, 12:06 PM
Yes, but in Spanish, where we're also gender-mad, it's "un baño". So probably Bath is male.

Yes, but in Australia, we couldn't care less. And as such "She'll be right mate".

Haruki-kun
2008-03-09, 12:07 PM
Yes, but in Australia, we couldn't care less. And as such "She'll be right mate".

Wow, Rawhide...

I can't argue with that. :smallbiggrin:

Skippy

Wait a bit... (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2448807)

Phase
Baths are asexual, or her-hermaphroditic?I don't know, some sort of noun... or adjective... or verb

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-09, 12:08 PM
In Greek, "banio" refers to the whole room, and is neutral.

Haruki-kun
2008-03-09, 12:08 PM
Wait a bit... (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2448807)

I can't argue with that either.

Which takes us to a deeper argument.

Is Bath a room or an object in the room?

Dr. Bath
2008-03-09, 12:10 PM
I go to sleep, for what, three hours? And suddenly talk has turned to my lovechildren. Again. What is it with you people snooping into my life? *cries*

I want a divorce, fish!

Also: Hi Curly! Glad you had good time in France.

I'm da Rogue!

One think I know for sure.

He's a dr.

EmeraldRose
I can't argue with that either.

Which takes us to a deeper argument.

Yes. It's also an action. :smallwink:

Rawhide
2008-03-09, 12:12 PM

I thought Bath (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath%2C_Somerset) was a town?

Almighty Salmon
2008-03-09, 12:13 PM
I go to sleep, for what, three hours? And suddenly talk has turned to my lovechildren. Again. What is it with you people snooping into my life? *cries*

I want a divorce, fish!

Oh, fine! But i'm keeping the fish-bath! :smallannoyed:

Haruki-kun
2008-03-09, 12:15 PM

I thought of the action, but I didn't really want to think too much into it.

If it was an action it would be male.

Skippy
2008-03-09, 12:16 PM
One think I know for sure.

He's a dr.

Or she's a dr.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-09, 12:20 PM

Oh yeah?:smallannoyed:

Why's that?

Is bathing a male action?

Hmm?:smallmad:

Dragonrider
2008-03-09, 12:21 PM

wouldn't the correct usage be "bathe"?:smalltongue:

EmeraldRose
2008-03-09, 12:22 PM
I thought of the action, but I didn't really want to think too much into it.

Taking a bath is male? :smallconfused: Women take baths as well, possibly more often. :smalltongue:

Jibar
2008-03-09, 12:23 PM
I thought Bath (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath%2C_Somerset) was a town?

What the...?
How did I ever get a B in Geography?
I thought Somerset was my side of England. Ya know, the right side.
The side that'll be defending all of you when the Europeans finally rebel against our rule and we have to defend the channel.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-03-09, 12:24 PM
HEy Bath-san.

France was French.
One warning: public loos in France have no toilet seats or loo roll. At all.
Seriously.
And they're very intimidating.

Salmon I will accept as male (un poisson) and he has no . . . plumbing. Besides those hanson kids are male. Salmon = hanson.
Therefore, Bath-san must be female. French and German agree.

^: The French are on your side. The French! They have never won a war. Ever.
Spain is below me.:smallconfused:

Rawhide
2008-03-09, 12:24 PM

Technically, bath is a verb.

–verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
13. to wash or soak in a bath.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=bath

Verb: bath
1. Clean one's body by immersion into water

[WordWeb.info]

Not to mention the noun usage:

–noun
1. a washing or immersion of something, esp. the body, in water, steam, etc., as for cleansing or medical treatment: I take a bath every day. Give the dog a bath.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=bath

Noun: bath

3. You soak and wash your body in a bathtub
"he has a good bath every morning"

[WordWeb.info]

Haruki-kun
2008-03-09, 12:26 PM

"Bathe" is a verb, to Bathe.

"Bath" is a noun, the action of Bathing

Right?

@ER: Sorry, I meant taking into account the previous arguments about Gender-specifics in different languages.

@Rogue: I don't know. What's it like in Greek?

FoE
2008-03-09, 12:26 PM

I want a divorce, fish!

Once again, the media spotlight has broken up yet another marriage. Oh, won't someone think of the children!

I'm da Rogue!
2008-03-09, 12:29 PM
Therefore, Bath-san must be female. French and German agree.
Greek agree too.

^: The French are on your side. The French! They have never won a war. Ever.
Spain is below me.:smallconfused:

Well, southern people are naughtier :smallwink:
(which makes them better)