PDA

View Full Version : Anarchy Online ITP?

Castaras
2008-02-26, 01:43 PM
Just wondering if there's anyone else round here who plays AO? =)

Recently upgraded to Shadowlands...got a few chars on Atlantean and Testlive. =)

Tom_Violence
2008-02-26, 01:52 PM
I used to, but then I realised it was a MMO, so I had to stop.

ufo
2008-02-26, 01:56 PM
I played for a week or so, then realised that the 'Trader' or 'Merchant' class or whatever, had nothing to do, since the game really didn't feature trading.

Why does no MMOs have a system for trading that makes it fun to do as a profession?

Exachix
2008-02-26, 04:45 PM
Because that's not what traders (in this game) do.

They more.. steal... skills and NP from other Players/NPCs.
Or give their abilities out.

There isn't a good system because of the number of players. It's hard to get the balance right of it.

Anyway.. I do play AO.
My main character is on RK 1 (Atlantean). Level 163 / 11 / 40 Opifex Clan Fixer. Unit Member of Paragon Order.
I have all the Expansions.

Castaras
2008-02-26, 05:13 PM
I played for a week or so, then realised that the 'Trader' or 'Merchant' class or whatever, had nothing to do, since the game really didn't feature trading.

Why does no MMOs have a system for trading that makes it fun to do as a profession?

Ya. The trading aspect of AO isn't the greatest I've seen...it's still fun though. =) I've got a trader character...low level, but she's coming along nicely...Will be useful for making stuff for my other chars.

Main character(s) currently a level 77 Clan Fixer...63 clan Adventurer...53 Clan Metaphysist...

I always end up creating new characters. <.< >.> Can't stick with leveling one character for ages...Ah well

Is fun. =)