PDA

View Full Version : Living Construct Conundrum

Kayoden Usoden
2008-02-26, 02:42 PM
I am trying to make a player race that is basically a construct with a constitution score, but I have absolutely no idea what the rules will be for balancing issues.

Name: Bio-Con (please help with name)
Type: Construct
Size: Medium
Speed: 30ft.
Low Light Vision: A Bio-Con can see twice as far as a human in dim levels of light.
Synthetic Organism: Do to their unique physiology a Bio-Con are immune to all mind-affecting effects, poisons, sleep effects, disease, stunning, death effects, necromancy effects, and some fortitude saves. Although they are constructs, they can heal damage as living creatures do, require at least 2 hours of “sleep” and food to function normally, and be can be resurrected (doing so also requires a wish or a miracle spell to bring them back to life).

Is this even fair to use?

arkanis
2008-02-26, 03:15 PM
Certainly. You're justing adding a bunch of immunities to a creature with a Con score.

I would say its the same CR as a typical magical beast of its HD +2 (for the immunities).

Possible Names: Organic Construct/Robot/Android, Living Construct, Synthetic Being/Creature/Organism, Biomachina

ErrantX
2008-02-26, 03:16 PM
Well, my first question is, what's wrong with the warforged? They're constructs with Constitution scores, they seem to fit what you're looking for vaguely. Warforged are pretty awesome in my book. Perhaps some more information on your Bio-Cons would be necessary for us to help you out more, as well as what you're looking to do with them.

-X

P.S. For racial names, I like the suggested "Biomachina" one.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-02-26, 03:17 PM
Take a look at the Living Construct Subtype (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/glossary&term=Glossary_dnd_livingconstructsubtype&alpha=), courtesy of the D&D Glossary.

Kayoden Usoden
2008-02-26, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=ErrantX;3989178]Well, my first question is, what's wrong with the warforged? They're constructs with Constitution scores, they seem to fit what you're looking for vaguely. Warforged are pretty awesome in my book. Perhaps some more information on your Bio-Cons would be necessary for us to help you out more, as well as what you're looking to do with them.

what book is 'warforged' in?

RTGoodman
2008-02-26, 10:56 PM

They're originally from the Eberron Campaign Setting and are a major part of that setting, but they were also reprinted in Monster Manual 3. Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warforged)has some info on them, if you haven't heard of them before.

Magnor Criol
2008-02-26, 11:07 PM

They're in the Eberron Campaign Setting book, being one of the principle unique races of Eberron, and they also made it into the Monster Manual III (often dubbed the Eberron Monster Manual, for the many Eberron monsters and races that grace its pages.)

-Gwar, ninja'd because I goofily went into the other room to watch a scene of the movie before I hit the send button. =p