PDA

View Full Version : OotSchat dead?

Brickwall
2008-02-26, 10:57 PM
So, after leaving ootschat for a few months due to boredom with it, I came back just to see how everyone was doing. Nobody was on at all. I was somewhat surprised at this, since ootschat was a very lively place before I left. I garnered a lot of infamy there, which made me feel fuzzy inside. Now the fuzzy feeling is gone.

So is there a new chatroom open, or has the Playground community started to wane? I'm not asking for the name of the new chatroom, since I'm sure nobody wants me to know it, but I'd like to know what happened. For curiosity's sake.

Ego Slayer
2008-02-26, 11:26 PM
Seeing as it's kind of a private chat, this is not really thread material. >_> We're not under that room name anymore...

Samiam303
2008-02-26, 11:35 PM
Yeah, there was just too much tension between certain members of the chat, so certain people decided to move to a new room. There's not much to say since it wasn't an official GitP room... I can honestly say I don't know who made the move, but that's all the explanation I'd really feel it needs.

Brickwall
2008-02-27, 12:32 AM
Seeing as it's kind of a private chat, this is not really thread material. >_> We're not under that room name anymore...

Private chat? It was started right here in FB. As you said, it no longer exists anyway.

Well, guess I missed all the drama. Just my luck. Thanks for the info, sam.

Trog
2008-02-27, 09:50 AM
Someone want to PM Trog the new chat name? Been missing the banter. Er... assuming that troglodytes are still allowed.

*knocks*

Helloooo? Trog has bean bags *Shuffa-shuffa-shuff (bean bag shaking noise)*

Hello?... Anyone?....

Beuhler?

*EDIT* Thankyew. :smallwink:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-02-27, 10:09 AM
...so, what exactly is the procedure for getting an invite into chat? >.>

Mordokai
2008-02-27, 10:54 AM
This is something I'd like to know as well :smallsmile:

Ego Slayer
2008-02-27, 11:46 AM
Think we should let this die. It's not a public room. This is not fair to... most of the forum.

Private invite, basically. We're nearly all regulars, so whoever feels like inviting so-and-so.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-27, 12:08 PM
And we enjoy brandy and cigars in our smoking jackets in the back room, away from the unwashed rubes! Nya ha ha. *twirl mustache*

Samiam303
2008-02-27, 01:50 PM
...so, what exactly is the procedure for getting an invite into chat? >.>

That's the problem with running an unofficial chat room for the forum. I, personally, would be all for making it just like the IRC, starting a thread and just learning to deal with problem users. However, I can't keep anyone else from just moving room, so unless everyone agreed to open it up, there's no point in me posting the room name.

That said, as we stick with a new room name longer, people will probably get invited more frequently, opening it up quicker.

KindaChang
2008-02-27, 01:55 PM
Having been known as an official invited for chats on at least one other forum, I understand the idea behind keeping it more hush-hush. Anonymous raids when there's a no longer used bot doing the inviting are annoying.

Samiam303
2008-02-27, 02:48 PM
That would be annoying, but we'd never had anything like that. It's just being kept hush-hush because a couple forum posters couldn't play nice.

B-Man
2008-02-27, 05:06 PM
It was started right here in FB.

Actually, Brickwall, Ootschat began with Ego, Lucky, Bookman, and myself. We starting adding people slowly, still using the AIM default chat names. Later, I got the idea to name the chat, and the chat then became known as Ootschat. Fast-forward a month, the forums are about to be shut down so that they can be moved to vBulletin, people didn't want to lose contact with eachother, so for that week we used the chatroom as a mini RB. The boards came back up and most of the chat goers left.