PDA

View Full Version : In a land before time[Deity and Domain]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-27, 01:01 AM
Kerik, the Ancient Father(God of the City)
http://www.dreamworlds.org/images/Raptor%20Claw%20Replica2b.JPG
Forged long before the first men walked the earth, were the dinosaurs. Creatures of both great mass and size, to creatures small and spry were for a great time, nearly the dominant creatures of the land(next to the greatest of dragons). It is believed that their creator was one of the first mortal gods. Kerik is a great believer in the forces of primeval nature and pure instinct. He also teaches balance in great things, and that nature will eventually prevail over all that is. Kerik has no one form, but he has a definite trend in his forms, and that is that Kerik always takes the form of a dinosaur of some kind. Occasionally, he will also wear feathered head-dresses and bone chains around his neck.
His followers include many savage humanoids native to the deserts of Tanzen, reptilian and bird-like humanoids all over Tanzen, and before it's utter demolition, by many of those who dwelt on Shello. Among his followers are also awakened dinosaurs, as one might imagine. A few small covens of humans an other common humanoids worship him as well, in natural forest shrines devoted to him who worship through an all-natural life. Worshipers of the Ancient Father will dress in several things, from dinosaur-hide armor and cloaks and feathery head-dresses to nothing at all. A nickname given to clerics and druids devoted to Kerik are "Bird-foots" or "Dino-men".
Clerics of Kerik have access to the Animal, Balance (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/domain.pl?Balance), Dinosaur* and Strength. Kerik's holy symbol is a small dinosaur's skull or claw, his favored weapon is the bite(or scimitar) and his alignment is true neutral.
Kerik is served directly by many awakened dinosaurs, some with cleric or druid levels who reside in the forests of eden with him. His herald is an awakened tyrannosaurus 15th level druid.

Dinosaur Domain
Granted Power: You gain a natural armor bonus of +1, knowledge (nature) is a class skill for you.

1- Beastland Ferocity
2- Scent
3- Charge of the Triceratops
4- Essence of the Raptor
5- Animal Growth
6- Dinosaur Stampede
7- Summon Nature's Ally VII(dinosaurs only)
8- Animal Shapes(dinosaurs only)
(Most of these spells can be found in the Spell Compendium)

The Demented One
2008-02-27, 01:03 AM
Looks good...and you know this is going to lead to ghoulish dinosaurs. The natural armor bit of the dinosaur domain is a bit too good, though, I'd trim it to maybe a flat +1.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-27, 01:08 AM
Looks good...and you know this is going to lead to ghoulish dinosaurs. The natural armor bit of the dinosaur domain is a bit too good, though, I'd trim it to maybe a flat +1.

Good idea, both of them. Ghoul dinosaurs sounds like something too absolutely horrific to pass up.

Stycotl
2008-02-27, 01:33 AM
here we go, right into the strangely twisted depths of edgar rice burroughs! sounds good. i have been a dino fan since i was, oh about...3 or so (that was a while ago).

The_Dead_Legion
2008-02-27, 05:17 PM
Perfect for something I was going to do.

I had a continent jungle popluated by neanderthals and dinosaurs. The neanderthals ride the dinoraurs and exist symbiotically with them. Not perfect though. Kind of like a python as a pet. If you feed it, it's cool. If it's hungry, though, bad things happen. They are very shamanistic and this is now their god.

Thank you.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-27, 08:35 PM
Perfect for something I was going to do.

I had a continent jungle popluated by neanderthals and dinosaurs. The neanderthals ride the dinoraurs and exist symbiotically with them. Not perfect though. Kind of like a python as a pet. If you feed it, it's cool. If it's hungry, though, bad things happen. They are very shamanistic and this is now their god.

Thank you.

No problem.:smallbiggrin:

Kellus
2008-02-27, 08:36 PM
This is so awesome I can hardly speak. :smallbiggrin:

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-27, 09:03 PM
Yes! I love using dinosaurs in my campaigns, even did a whole goblin+dinotopia+aztec world once, so good job on more Dino fluff :)

Rigon
2008-02-28, 06:46 PM
well sounds kinda good.
but i don't wanna play when the first pack of dire raptors jumps out of the bushes.
i was also a dino-fan once. then i heard the concept of the dragons... with my left hand i pushed dinos aside and with my right hand i pulled the dragons closer.

also those domain spells need description. otherwise players might try to say "Dire Tyrannosaurus gets a breath attack by default. And it does *whatever type i need* damage. But a with reflex saving throw it might do only double of the half damage."

Vadin
2008-02-28, 08:30 PM
also those domain spells need description. otherwise players might try to say "Dire Tyrannosaurus gets a breath attack by default. And it does *whatever type i need* damage. But a with reflex saving throw it might do only double of the half damage."

...what? Can you explain what you mean here?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-28, 11:53 PM
I think I know what you mean... But as noted in my original post, most of those spells are in the Spell Compendium, not just 'this is what the spell does haha'.

Rigon
2008-02-29, 04:59 AM
...what? Can you explain what you mean here?

oooh. i never read the Spell Compendium...
am i a bad guy now?! hope not :belkar:

i'm sorry, i really thought the spells with dinosaurs would be clearly "made up" spells.