PDA

View Full Version : Meta-Alchemy

Skjaldbakka
2008-02-27, 06:26 AM
What options are out there for making an alchemist in D&D? Are there any feats, PrCs, etc. that let you do better/more useful things? Is it possible to have viable alchemy stuff at high level in D&D?

pantoffelheld
2008-02-27, 06:29 AM
The alchemical Savant from Magic of Eberron is probably what you're looking for. It's a prestige class for arcane casters and artificers.

Talic
2008-02-27, 06:44 AM
What options are out there for making an alchemist in D&D? Are there any feats, PrCs, etc. that let you do better/more useful things? Is it possible to have viable alchemy stuff at high level in D&D?

There's also rules on epic alchemy, to make more powerful versions. Meh, it's mediocre.

Leon
2008-02-27, 07:06 AM
If you can get it into a IK game or the feats from IK out into another go for the Aurum Ominus Society Feats

- Aurum Ominus Alchemist (various bonuses and access to the other 2 feats)
- Advanced Synthesis (a weeks work in a Day)
- Maximize Alchemy (does what it says)
CnP is better than retyping

its_all_ogre
2008-02-27, 08:46 AM
grenadier feat phb2 is ok.
leads to mad alchemist feat which has two ok-ish abilities and a kickarse skill with thunderstones.
be a divine caster and grab artifice domain adds +4 to craft skill checks

Prometheus
2008-02-27, 01:41 PM
-Here is a homebrew prestige class of someone who makes nice classes (http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-276264)
-Also, the Craft Points Variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/craftPoints.htm) helps with alchemy.
-Extra alchemical items are scattered across splatbooks, if you don't have access to a lot, I'd recommend your DM make up some to give some variation in the activity
-A variant Artificer might make a nice alchemist, although I don't know the rules of artificer well enough to tell you for certain
-The rules are unclear about whether or not various alchemical items can be combined with each other and with potions. For example, is it possible to have holy acidic alchemist's fire? What about an antidote of cure light wounds? I have a character interested in alchemy in my campaigns, and he greately benefits from the ability to stack minor effects.