PDA

View Full Version : Nale, Elan, and siblings (Speculation/spoilers)

The Wanderer
2008-02-27, 10:57 AM
So, this was just a thought I had, but I wondered if I might be onto something and thought I'd share. First off, I'm going to start this by saying that for the purposes of this thread we're going to assume that Lord Tyrinar is in fact Elan and Nale father, as has been so often speculated.

I was thinking about way back when when the Linear Guild was first introduced and backstabbed the Order, Nale told Elan that "No one denies me Elan. Not you, not father, no one". Now this set me off thinking about what it might have been that daddy denied Nale. Obviously, as this is Nale, it doesn't exactly have to be something big for him to hold a grudge, but what if it was something that was actually important? What would it be? Then I had the thought: what if Tyrinar had more children besides Elan and Nale, and had picked one of them to be the Crown Prince (or Princess) of Tyrinaria and put Nale aside.

It would explain a lot of things, including why Nale has seemingly either gone into exile or been banished to this continent, why he has such big sibling issues, his remark to Elan, and it would make for yet more drama around Elan's family, (and Haley's due to her dad being held there), should they ever make it over to the Western continent.

Thoughts?

ShellBullet
2008-02-27, 12:01 PM
Maybe Nales father wanted him to marry someone of great importance, but Nale didn't want to marry (He is still pretty young so) and he escaped...

Other crackpot theory is that Mommy and daddy remarried and had yet another child, who became daddys favorite...

Neutral sibling anyone?
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0069.html

VanBuren
2008-02-27, 05:31 PM
Neutral sibling anyone?
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0069.html

That would be ironic, considering the original context was never meant to imply a third child.

DrowWolfrider
2008-02-27, 05:44 PM
Well it could be anything really, that Nale was denied of. One of his mannerisms could have his father tell him to stop doing something or control himself. His father may have denied him a wish or something as in literally denying him an object, or it could be something like a dutchy, or even the crown. His father may have also tried to kill him or something sutiably dramatic, knowing Nale's nature, that would also give him reason to look for the gotes, in order to harness their power to wreak his terrible vengance may be another reason for his search for them. Also the neutral twin comment was just a joke on Elan's cluelesness, not an actual sign of a neutral twin, which is infact an oxymoron, if you think about it, 3 twins? It makes no sense, or mabye it does and I am just crazy, or mabye I am insane and everyone else is sane, no wait, that came out wrong.

-The Sleepy Hunter

someonenonotyou
2008-02-27, 11:50 PM
a Neutral sibling sound not to far-fechted but maybe nale dosn't know about ithttp://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0069.html expialing why he does not get it mabye thog is the Neutral twin:smallbiggrin:

VanBuren
2008-02-28, 12:09 AM
a Neutral sibling sound not to far-fechted but maybe nale dosn't know about ithttp://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0069.html expialing why he does not get it mabye thog is the Neutral twin:smallbiggrin:

He doesn't get it because he's Evil. Elan is combining the fact that they're twins with the statement that "I saved you because I'm one of the Good guys, not just some neutral guy."

King of Nowhere
2008-02-28, 08:21 PM
Warning: don't take anything of that seriously

Possible ways Nale's father denied him:

- He sent him to bed early
- he wanted Nale to eat vegetables
- he scolded him for a bad mark at school
- he sent him to school
- he stopped Nale when he was going to brutally murder Elan at the age of 2 years (Nale wanted to kill Elan because because he didn't want to share his room with him; when he grew, Nale forgot all this and had to find a new reason to kill Elan)
- Nale considers the Giant his father, since he was the one who created him; thus, he want to kill the Giant because he gives more space Elan. Let's hope he never succeed, or we'll never see how the story ends :smallbiggrin: .
- Nale's father didn't buy him transformers. Considering what the monster in the darkness did when Xykon didn't buy him transformers (477, I don't know how to link), this enforce the teory that the MITD is Nale's and Elan's third twin; to test this teory, would be intersting to see what would Elan do if Roy don't buy transformers to him.
- When Nale started the whole "evil opposites" thing, he wanted his father to be the evil opposite of Eugene. His father didn't want, so Nale swear revenge on him.
- When Nale started the whole "evil opposites" thing, he wanted his father to be the evil opposite of Elan's father. So his dad tryed eroically to be the evil opposite of himself, got caught in a loop and dies. Nale hated him because he sucks.
- his father didn't told him he had a twin. When Nale discover it in comic 50, he travel back in time to tell to his younger self that he has a twin and his father never told him. To avoid a paradox younger Nale forgot it, but he remembered that his father did something to him
- Nale's father didn't kill him when he was a little child, thus condemning Nale to be the idiot egalomaniac loser of the comic.

Anyway, Nale's father has been killed many years ago by Nale, who crafted a needlessy complicated plan for the purpose. I mean, having Nale plotting your death for years tend to lower dramatically your life expectancy. If his father is still alive, it's only for plot purpose. Maybe Nale crafted a plan to became an evil mastermind better than his father was, hoping that would lead him to die by envy

krossbow
2008-02-28, 09:18 PM
Maybe His father kicked him out of the kingdom for being weak and incompetent (He gets beaten by Elan after all), and he nurses an old grudge.

His entire motivation for adventuring, pre-elan, could have been to find a way to get revenge on his father for spurning him.

I think their father was far too much of a badass to be taken down by Nale, given that picture and his description.

Ikialev
2008-02-29, 03:16 AM
- he wanted Nale to eat vegetables
...cruel.

- Nale's father didn't buy him transformers. Considering what the monster in the darkness did when Xykon didn't buy him transformers (477, I don't know how to link), this enforce the teory that the MITD is Nale's and Elan's third twin; to test this teory, would be intersting to see what would Elan do if Roy don't buy transformers to him.
Butt Elan doesn't like transformers... ^^

- his father didn't told him he had a twin. When Nale discover it in comic 50, he travel back in time to tell to his younger self that he has a twin and his father never told him. To avoid a paradox younger Nale forgot it, but he remembered that his father did something to him
...mybrainexploded.

ShellBullet
2008-02-29, 04:50 AM
Also the neutral twin comment was just a joke on Elan's cluelesness, not an actual sign of a neutral twin, which is infact an oxymoron, if you think about it, 3 twins? It makes no sense, or mabye it does and I am just crazy, or mabye I am insane and everyone else is sane, no wait, that came out wrong.

Thats why I said it was crackpot theory, also I said neutral sibling, not a twin...

Or maybe he didn't let Nale to kill Haleys dad