PDA

View Full Version : New Domain

Kayoden Usoden
2008-02-27, 02:41 PM
I need help on the spell for a new domain.

Name: Stealth
Special: A Cleric with the Stealth domain gains Sneak Attack +1d6 or Sudden Strike +1d6.
Spells:
No clue on what to use here.

Edit: Hide and Move Silently are now class skills.
Edit #2: A Cleric with the Stealth domain receives ether Sneak Attack +1d6 or Sudden Strike +1d6 (ONLY ONE, NOT BOTH). Once the choice has been had it may not be changed.

Ethrael
2008-02-27, 02:51 PM
Perhaps an invisibility or group invisibility spell, cat's grace, silence? These are all random suggestions.

Ceaon
2008-02-27, 02:58 PM
I'm afraid the special power is too powerful as it is.
Maybe turn it into 'deals 1d6 extra damage to flatfooted and flanked opponents as if he had sneak attack' because otherwise, some prestige classes become too easily accessible.

How about these spells?
1. Obscuring Mist
2. Invisibility
3. Nondetection
4. Invisibility, Greater
5. Tree Stride
6. Mislead
7. Ethereal Jaunt
8. Mind Blank
9. Etherealness

Arioch
2008-02-27, 03:21 PM
I'm afraid the special power is too powerful as it is.
Maybe turn it into 'deals 1d6 extra damage to flatfooted and flanked opponents as if he had sneak attack' because otherwise, some prestige classes become too easily accessible.

"A cleric with the Stealth domain deals +1d6 damage to a flanked opponent or one denied his Dexterity bonus to AC. If the cleric has the sneak attack and/or sudden strike abilities, he may instead add +1d6 to the damage he deals with these abilities."

Its a bit wordy, but I think this covers everything.

Kayoden Usoden
2008-02-29, 07:15 PM
"A cleric with the Stealth domain deals +1d6 damage to a flanked opponent or one denied his Dexterity bonus to AC. If the cleric has the sneak attack and/or sudden strike abilities, he may instead add +1d6 to the damage he deals with these abilities."

Its a bit wordy, but I think this covers everything.

(O_o) uh.... Exactly how many DnD characters have you made?

Cormac
2008-03-01, 04:30 PM
I think adding 1d6 sneak attack, or whatever you want to call it, is too powerful. making hide and move silently class skills (and perhaps adding a bonus to them) seems much more balanced and appropriate (appropriate because he is stealthy, not critical striking).

I agree with the spell lists. which is also relatively powerful, as domains that offer a lot of spells outside of the cleric list are pretty powerful, i think.