PDA

View Full Version : Any good homebrew exorcist classes?

teennerd4684
2008-02-27, 04:41 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had created a good exorcist class. I like the sacred exorcist in the Comp. Divine, but is there any good non-PrC demon-smashing classes out there?

Thanks

Teennerd

Lord Tataraus
2008-02-27, 04:50 PM
Something that specialized would not be a class. The closest you can get is a warrior class or cleric with the right items. Base classes are supposed to be general in terms of direction and with lots of versatility. A PrC is meant to narrow ones abilities into one niche with more concentrated and thus higher power. A ranger specializing in favored enemy evil outsider would be your best bet.

teennerd4684
2008-02-27, 05:02 PM
I was thinking of something that was campaign specific. In truth, I found the idea in DMGII. I'm not much of a homebrewer, though.

Any other ideas?

Teenerd

Hazkali
2008-03-02, 09:44 AM
Mongoose Publishing has printed a booklet with the rules for an Exorcist class, which can be found here (http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/d20/detail.php?qsID=79&qsSeries=12&PHPSESSID=e7368b7f1f0a015836556d4b4b608a53#). In terms of power and abilities it has the spellcasting of a Cleric plus additional "exorcism" abilities so it is probably a bit overpowered, but having never used it I don't really know how broken it is (I suspect not very, so long as you don't cheese out).

teennerd4684
2008-03-02, 04:50 PM
(muttering annoyedly to myself)

I was kinda hoping for something free. I know this is very unlikely/impossible for a published product, but maybe a homebrew?

Hazkali
2008-03-02, 05:42 PM
I've been wanting to homebrew something like this for a while (despite owning the above mentioned product), but my degree has been getting in the way of things like this I haven't had chance. The main mechanic was going to be turning, with the ability to turn pretty much anything by the end of the class. I'll write it up at some point, and feel free to use it, just don't expect it any time soon.