PDA

View Full Version : Monster In The Darkness discussion

PersonMan
2008-02-27, 06:12 PM
In 047 of OotS, a cockroach reveals that the Monster In The Darkness' name is Mikey. So now we wonder: What IS Mikey?(Probably for the millionth time) and discuss his identity.

Remirach
2008-02-27, 06:17 PM
In 047 of OotS, a cockroach reveals that the Monster In The Darkness' name is Mikey.

No, "Mikey liking it" is a pop culture reference. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Mikey)

PersonMan
2008-02-27, 06:47 PM
Oh. thanks for pointing that out to me.

The gF
2008-02-27, 07:10 PM
The roaches are just there for little jokes (and if anyone needs a light). Don't take anything they say as fact. XD

Qov
2008-02-27, 07:44 PM
The roaches are just there for little jokes (and if anyone needs a light). Don't take anything they say as fact.
Roaches have a natural +5 to bluff anyone and actually gain HP by getting others to believe their lives. All the stuff about surviving Armageddon isn't about so much about their DR as their millions of HP.

blackspeeker
2008-02-27, 09:10 PM
No, "Mikey liking it" is a pop culture reference. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Mikey)

Can't it be both?

Remirach
2008-02-27, 09:39 PM
Can't it be both?
Could be. The possibility is not ruled out, but the OP stated that it was "revealed" that tMitD's name was Mikey when this wasn't conclusive. It's as likely statistically to be "Mikey" as it is to be, say, "Steve."

Mr._Michael
2008-02-28, 05:27 AM
Actually, judging purely by a quick Google search, he'd be more than TWENTY TIMES as likely to be a Steve (320,000,000 hits) than a Mikey (13,700,000 hits)... and since the Giant likes to do things unexpectedly, there is a significant chance that his name is, in fact, Mikey.

Granted, that's a ridiculous metric for determining this, but I admit wholeheartedly that I am biased, and want a MitD Avatar since Mikey is the only name that's been used for him... (Just waiting for Djinn in Tonic to read his PM's.)

However, we've looked at this question before, and if I remember correctly, nobody could figure out anything beyond sheer speculation. His list of attributes leaves no useful clues yet. He's just... Mikey. :shrug:

Remirach
2008-02-28, 05:31 AM
Actually, judging purely by a quick Google search, he'd be more than TWENTY TIMES as likely to be a Steve (320,000,000 hits) than a Mikey (13,700,000 hits)... and since the Giant likes to do things unexpectedly, there is a significant chance that his name is, in fact, Mikey.

Granted, that's a ridiculous metric for determining this, but I admit wholeheartedly that I am biased, and want a MitD Avatar since Mikey is the only name that's been used for him... (Just waiting for Djinn in Tonic to read his PM's.)

However, we've looked at this question before, and if I remember correctly, nobody could figure out anything beyond sheer speculation. His list of attributes leaves no useful clues yet. He's just... Mikey. :shrug:

Well, Sir, I must defer to your superior Google-fu. Also, I believe I have lost my saving throw vs. satire.

d'Bwobsling
2008-02-28, 02:34 PM

when have the cockroaches said anything important?

Mr._Michael
2008-02-28, 03:57 PM
"Stomp the ground".

Alex Warlorn
2008-02-28, 04:31 PM
I believe the Monster In The Dark is: An Armadillephant and OWLEPHANT hybrid. It would explain why people are freaked out by it, and why Redcloak is happy it's true form has remained a secret and would explain it's fighting power.

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article73.htm

FujinAkari
2008-02-28, 04:41 PM
The Monster in the Darkness is clearly Darkwing Duck.

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-28, 05:58 PM
Well, Sir, I must defer to your superior Google-fu. Also, I believe I have lost my saving throw vs. satire.

Pah, wiki-fu is faster and much more entertainign to learn. :smallbiggrin:

RachelEvil
2008-03-03, 10:03 AM
Pygmy tarrasque.