PDA

View Full Version : War Kittens?! (Monster)

Orzel
2008-02-27, 07:07 PM
That commercial still cracks me up. Especially since that was the nickname of my cat. He was a monster.

War Kitten, 1st-level Warrior
Size/Type: Tiny Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 1d8 (4 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20ft
Armor Class: 14, touch 14, flat-footed 12 (+2 size, +2 dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-9
Attack: Greataxe +5 melee (1d10-2 /x3) or Throwing ax +5 ranged (1d4-2)
Full Attack: Greataxe +5 melee (1d10-2 /x3) or Throwing ax +5 ranged (1d4-2)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Axe Mastery
Special Qualities: -
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +0
Abilities: Str 7, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 12
Skills: Bluff +8*, Climb +4, Disguise +8*
Feats: Dodge, Power AttackB, Weapon Finesse
Environment: Temperate forest
Organization: Solo or litter (3-6)
Challenge Rating: ½
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Lawful
Advancement: by character class
Level Adjustment: +0

War Kittens in Combat

War kittens are small creature that heavily resemble baby cats. They are tiny vicious bundles of fur from birth to death. War kittens know of their likeness to house cats and use this as their advantage. They often pretend to be normal cats to draw foes close with their innocence then attack with their axes. They are heavy users of hats of disguise. Evil war kittens are not beneath dressing normal kittens in armor and axes to keep the ruse going. Wanderers often face the choice of slaying or aiding a lone kitten not knowing if it is a war kitten or a regular one. The more good-natured war kittens rarely do this. Some war kitten bands often train normal cats in combat to make their numbers seem larger.

War kittens are train with axes from birth by their mothers. These weapon are often obtained via trades of items won in raids and ambushes. War kittens pride combat and trade over most other knowledge and it has developed into severe stubbornness when it comes to learning.

Axe Mastery (Ex)
Although not very smart, war kittens are masters at fighting with axes. While wielding a battleaxe, handaxe, throwing ax, or greataxe; a war kitten is treated as if he has the Weapon Finesse and Power Attack feats. A war Kitten also can wield these weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty

Skills
War kittens gain a +8 racial bonus to Bluff and Disguise checks when disguising themselves as normal cats.

Adult War Kitten
Adult war kittens still resemble baby cats but their experience makes them more dangerous

Adult War Kitten, 3rd-level Fighter
Size/Type: Tiny Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 3d10 (16 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 20ft
Armor Class: 16, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+2 size, +4 dex, + 2 leather armor)
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-7
Attack: Greataxe +10 melee (1d10+1 /x3) or throwing ax +9 ranged (1d4+1)
Full Attack: Greataxe +10 melee (1d10+1 /x3) or 2 throwing ax +7 ranged (1d4+1, 1d4)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Axe Mastery
Special Qualities: -
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 15
Skills: Bluff+8*, Climb +6, Disguise +8*
Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Power AttackB, Improved Initiative, Two Weapon Fighting, Weapon FinesseB
Environment: Temperate forest
Organization: Solo or with 1-3 war kittens
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Lawful
Advancement: by character class
Level Adjustment: +0

The typical adult war kitten carry a masterwork greataxe, leather armor, and a hat of disguise.

War Kittens As Characters

A war kitten character exchanges its 1 HD of monstrous humanoid for its first class level.

War Kitten characters possess the following racial traits.

* -4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, -4 Intelligence, +2 Charisma.
* Tiny size. +2 bonus to Armor Class, +2 bonus on attack rolls, +8 bonus on Hide checks, -8 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ½ those of Medium characters.
* A war kitten’s base land speed is 20 feet..
* Skills: War kitten have a +8 racial bonus on Bluff and Disguise checks to impersonate a cat.
* Special Qualities (see above): Axe Mastery
* Automatic Languages: Common,. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Sylvan
* Favored Class: Fighter

Primal Fury
2008-02-27, 08:24 PM
:smallsigh: well done sir, well, done...
perhaps you could put a little fluff up? i know there are people here who would love using this as a player race.:smallwink:

D Knight
2008-02-27, 08:34 PM
same here just to have the fun of saying that i am a war kitten. But i would think that they would have at least 1 or 1/2 racial HD.

Orzel
2008-02-28, 12:13 AM
Added fluff and change a few feats

War kittens are like hobgoblin but smaller and 1000x cuter. They wouldn't get racial HD.

KingGolem
2008-02-28, 06:17 PM
:smallbiggrin: Hehehe...oh man, I love this. Nicely done, indeed! I don't see anything wrong with them, in terms of stats.

Oh, and by the way, if anybody doesn't get the reference, it's to this commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yosTIwbFjzM).

Ascension
2008-02-28, 06:46 PM
OH! I always thought he was saying "MORE KITTENS?!?!?" not "WAR KITTENS?!?!?"

It makes a bit more sense now.

JackMage666
2008-02-28, 07:12 PM
They're a bit good at everything but melee combat. I'd think that would warrant a +1 LA.

Orzel
2008-02-28, 07:52 PM
They're a bit good at everything but melee combat. I'd think that would warrant a +1 LA.

The total opposite.

They are tiny and have a Str and Int penalty. They only get a Dex bonus, a Cha bonus, and don't stink completely in combat unless they use axes. They would make great axe fighters, okay bards, and excellent sorcerers... and thats about it.

Chronos
2008-02-28, 08:03 PM
Tiny size always warrants a LA. Yeah, being tiny sucks for melee power, but it's great for rogues and spellcasters. When you combine that with the fact that their racial bonuses include Dex and Cha (key abilities for rogues and some spellcasters), they're just too good. Sure, they'll be short of skill points, but what they can do, they'll do really well.

jagadaishio
2008-02-28, 08:08 PM
They would also make incredible warlocks.