PDA

View Full Version : What key stat?

Frosty
2008-02-27, 07:11 PM
I'm thinking about combining some skills into one. For example: Rolling Listen, Spot, and Search into Awareness; rolling Jump and Climb in Athletics; rolling Tumble and Balance into Gymnastics.

the question is, what should be the key stats? Should Awareness be Int or Wis? Shoud Athletics go off of Con or Str or both?

Fiery Diamond
2008-02-27, 07:14 PM
Awareness - definitely Wisdom
Athletics - Strength
Gymnastics - Dexterity
And is this the right forum for this? Should this go in homebrew?

-Fiery Diamond

Cuddly
2008-02-27, 07:23 PM
And is this the right forum for this? Should this go in homebrew?

Is it really that big of a deal?

Raroy
2008-02-27, 07:24 PM
Yes this should be in homebrew. It's not that hard to think up a stat for a skill. Just use what the old skills used into the new hybrid skill.

Combing skills is a common homebrew. There are more possibilities such as Stealth(Hide and Move silently. Uses dex) and Decription (Open lock and Disable device. Uses int.)

Kizara
2008-02-27, 07:32 PM
My work:

Skills:

Skill sets: Certain skills are combined together to form a ‘skill set’, these skill sets are levelled up (ranked up) as normal, and checks are made to them as normal. However, one generally only has specific bonuses to a particular skill in the set. For instance, in the Perception skill set, elves have +2 to Perception, but an eagle only has +8 to spot.

You may not take Skill Focus in a skill set, only in a subskill of that set. You may however take a feat such as Acrobatic and have it grant you +2 to skills of a skill set. You must have all applicable class skills in the skill set in order to take a skill set as a class skill.

Also, at the DM’s option, skills gained through a skill set do not count towards qualifying for things like feats or prestige classes.

Scribing: Forgery and Decipher Script

Perception: Spot, Listen, Smell

Stealth: Hide, Move Silently, Sleight of Hand

Tinkering: Disable Device, Open Lock

Acrobatics: Tumble, Balance, Escape Artist

Athleticism: Climb, Swim, Jump

Survival: Survival, Use Rope

Innuendo: Bluff, Seduction

Da King
2008-02-27, 09:14 PM
Check out some of the information on 4th ed, I know a lot of skills are being combined and you might be able to find what you need here (http://www.enworld.org/).