PDA

View Full Version : Intrepid Explorations IC

Pages : [1] 2

The_JJ
2008-02-27, 07:49 PM
All of you have, by one way or another, arrived at the central office of the Milinitian Southern Trading Company. A women at the front desk guides you through the aplication forms as you arrive, and quietly directs you to the waiting room beyond, promising that Mr. Raymerez will be with you in a moment.

First to post is the first one in. Breifly describe your apperence and then... roleplay!

TwoBitWriter
2008-02-27, 08:14 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty cautiously enters the waiting room, wearing a simple traveler's outfit and leather armor, with a pair of simple goggles strapped across his forehead. His crossbow is slung over his backpack, which he throws down on the floor beside his seat.
He has two daggers concealed in his boots and a short sword held firm in its scabbard, attached to his belt.

He is dark-haired with a short beard (by dwarvish standards) that still reaches down slightly past the base of his neck. It is still very well-groomed with precious metal beads worked into it. His hair is long, draping down his back but pulled into a tight ponytail. However he is, overall, plain-looking by human standards but may be considered something of a decent looking dwarf and has the typical dwarvish gnarliness about him. His hands are big and calloused with thick fingers. His brown eyes have a slight twinkle about him that seem to betray his overly gruff dwarf exterior.

He leans back, sighing to himself and steadying his nerves. He is very uncomfortable with the thought of traveling on a boat, but is trying to keep his mind focused on the potential gold and the possibility of returning home.
He idly pulls out a crossbow bolt and fingers it.

"I hope I'm not making a big mistake..." Shifty grumbles under his breath.

Lonna
2008-02-27, 11:18 PM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

When the woman at the front desk mentions that one gentleman is already waiting, Edlyn pauses a moment to double-check her appearance before entering the room. Her outfit, which the merchant had guaranteed as "everything an explorer needs," includes a shirt and a pair of breeches which are snug enough to emphasize her feminine curves, but not so tight as to restrict her movement. Her armor - thin pieces of tough leather strung together with rawhide ties - does nothing to hide this fact. A quick flick of her hand ensures that her honey blonde hair falls like a golden stream down her back, without getting caught in the hood of her cloak. Satisfied, Edlyn picks up her backpack and crossbow and enters the room. Her stride is calculated to let her cloak swirl around her, attracting attention to her even as it partially conceals the dagger on her right hip. Of course, the second dagger, slipped inside her left boot, is completely hidden.

Edlyn is disappointed to find only a dwarf waiting for her, but like an irritated cat, she merely stalks to the other side of the room, as if this was her intention all along. Dumping her equipment by her feet, she casually leans against a wall, arranging herself so that she can easily be seen by the entire room, and especially by anyone coming through the door. Coincidentally, this allows her to survey the entire room as well, the gaze from her dark blue eyes probing every corner with an intensity that contrasts sharply with the air of vain self-satisfaction surrounding her.

Amras Seer
2008-02-28, 05:00 AM
Endel strolls in, with a casual smile on his face. His dark eyes glint, he strokes his black goatee, he wears a simple cloak and pack. He observes his surroundings, and then casually un-sheathes a dagger and begins to play with it. As he flips the dagger around he chuckles, and then causes it to light up like a torch. "Who said all adventures started in the tavern??" Grinning ear to ear. "Atleast theres some eye candy." Glancing at Edlyn.

Forum Explorer
2008-02-28, 05:28 PM
Gil walked in slowly looking from face to face, seeing only intreast mixed with disgust for his stench he let out a breath. Walking over to a corner he leaned back and relaxed.

His staff leans up against the wall beside him while his guant face relaxes, a pointed ear slips out of his long ragged brown hair but is quikly covered agian. He appears to be wearing a robe made from the rags of previous outfits poorly sown together.

Click, feeling the change in his master's emotions, climbed onto his arm and looked at Gil

Looks like we'll finally escape from our old life. He whispered to his faithful companion

TwoBitWriter
2008-02-28, 07:07 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Grins and nods salutations to the Gnome. "Its comforting to know that I am not the only Earth-dweller mad enough to join this expedition."

He looks at Edlyn and Gil. "I suppose I should be the one to break the awkward silence. I'm Shifty." He pauses a moment. "Just Shifty..."

Skinshifter
2008-02-28, 07:54 PM
Kronork Hawkwind

It takes Kronork quite some time to fill out the paperwork needed to be allowed to join the others in the room ahead of him because he is having the most difficult time explaining to the woman that he cannot understand what he is supposed to be doing with these sheets with strange drawings on them. When he is finally able to convey his illiteracy to her, she begins to read them. Again it takes him several long, impatient moments to convey to her that he cannot understand what the words she is speaking are supposed to mean, they being very formal and most of them totally foreign to him.

Finally, after almost half an hour of arguing with this woman who will only look at Kronork's hideously scarred face in brief glances, she tells him 'Just sign here. . . sir,' with a sigh and her gaze fixedly elsewhere but his face. Grumbling he snatches the quill pen from her hand and she says, 'An X will be fine,' again with a sigh and no attempt to hide her contempt for the very large man across from her.

He makes the symbol she describes to him everywhere she indicates and stomps in to the room she points out to him. Kronork stands very tall, nearly six and a half feet, with wide, powerful shoulders and thickish legs. He doesn't seem overly strong, but capable he is clearly. He strides into the room with the four other applicants with a deep scowl etched across his face, making the long scar dug into the right side of his face twist grotesquely. His eyes are bloodshot, either with anger or lack of sleep, and the contrast in his milky-white right eye is horrible to behold.

He glares at each of the adventurers in turn, silently blaming their understanding of these "arcane" symbols on the be-damned paper for his past half hour and stomps to a corner chair where he can at least put his back to most of them. He pulls the overly large flail from his back and rests it against the bench he has chosen. He places his hands on the butts of the hammers he has at his waist and decides that they are perfectly fine where they are. The studs in his leather armor plink slightly when he sits on the bench, and he removes his bracers and gloves, revealing even more hideous scars dug into the skin hidden beneath his protective gear.

He runs a hand through his short but greasy and untidy hair, gingerly fingering the scar that creates a false part in it almost to the crown of his skull. He sighs and after a few moments slams his fist down on the bench beside him quite loudly. This seems to placate the anger building up in him and some of the redness in his eyes clears and he is able to visibly relax, slinging his right leg over his left and slouching slightly in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest. "No money, no home, no friends . . . but these companions seem well enough, aye, well enough to me." he mutters under his breath.

Forum Explorer
2008-02-28, 08:32 PM
After several minutes of staring at the newcomer Gil's curisoty finally got the better of him.

What happened? He asks Oh, by the way my name is Gil

Skinshifter
2008-02-28, 08:39 PM
Kronork Hawkwind

Kronork stares at the dirty, robed figure and snorts. "Kronork. Kronork Hawkwind," he says with a nod. "And what happened isn't here nor there,' he says, nodding vaguely off into the distance.

After a pause he says, "Just say the Spirits love us in strange ways, Puny.

Thalmor
2008-02-28, 09:08 PM
Trahan

The door opens and you see a cloked indivual, dressed in adventure garb. As he removes teh hood of his cloak you see and indivual of average height, but an indivual who appears to be use to the adventures lifestyle. He look around the room as if taking stock of everyone in it. He accepts the application form from the woman as a formality, however he finds filling out paper work to be a waste of his valuable time. He proceeds to the waiting room and acknowledges each person in the room, before taking a seat.

Lonna
2008-02-28, 10:23 PM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn remains silent as the other travelers enter the room. Aside from wrinkling her nose when Gil passes her, her only actions have been giving each newcomer a piercing glance before returning to her seemingly bored survey of the room. However, the conversation between the smelly half-elf and the scarred human catches her interest.

"Spirits, Master Hawkwind?" she inquires with a flirtatious glance. "Judging by your appearance they must be ferocious indeed." She pauses, appearing to consider the question, then continues, a secretive smile tugging at the corner of her mouth while her eyes stay fixed unflinchingly on Kronork's face. "Then again, you still live, so perhaps the spirits of which you speak are not so ferocious as they would seem to the uninitiated. Perhaps they are merely... playful."

TwoBitWriter
2008-02-28, 10:42 PM
Seeing more people enter the room, he decides to put his crossbow bolt away. He sighs again, reaching into his pack to pull out a small metal flask. He removes the cap and takes a swig. A strong alcoholic smell emits from the flask's tiny opening. He replaces the cap and rests the flask on his thigh. He smiles a little.
"What are we waiting for anyhow?"
Shifty asks out loud, mostly rhetorically but still hoping for an answer.

The_JJ
2008-02-28, 10:43 PM
Nice roleplaying, but this NPC was actually very helpful. :smallbiggrin:
After a few seconds she realized that you were illiterate and then immediatly changed gears and began to fill everything out for you.

You get the feeling that she gets all sorts here, and is no longer surprised by new applicants.

Oh and as the last adventurer walks in the woman follows him in and steps through the door on the far end. She slips through and shuts the door and you get only a glimps of the room beyond.

Forum Explorer
2008-02-28, 10:52 PM
Gil stops thinking for a while before responding
I think I understand what you mean, and as for being puny, compared to you this is true but I don't fight alone. Together we rarely encounter too much trouble.

At the end of the sentance Click chatters at Kronork.

The_JJ
2008-02-28, 11:09 PM
The door opens again and you hear the last strains of a converation ... there's more like it. We still don't know what they are.
The woman says Ahem, Mr. Raymerez will see you now.
As she leaves the doorway you can see into the room beyond. Facing you, sitting at the large paperwork covered desk is a man in a bussiness suit, the affect of a consumate bussiness man is slightly marred by four oddly shaped earrings and the strip of jerky he is masticating.
Facing away from you, leaning agaist the desk is an extremly tall, well mucled man. His skin is a deep tan, and his whole head is shaved. This is probably to show of a tattoo that starts as an intricate green knot pattern about 2 inches square, with two strands of it wrapping around his head and out of view.

The dwarf, the barbarian, and anyone who make a knowledge: history check recognize this as the brand of a barbarian tribe had to be destroyed by a massive coalition several decades ago. The war left many scars on many people.

TwoBitWriter
2008-02-28, 11:50 PM
Shifty gets to his feet and steps boldly forward. "So you're the boss huh? When do we get on that tub and get moving? And when do we get paid?"

Lonna
2008-02-29, 12:02 AM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn stoops to grab her equipment, then enters the office. She uses the same calculated stride with which she entered the waiting room, her gaze raking over the man behind the desk - her employer, presumably. The other man she pegs as a body guard, insurance against assassins sent by business rivals or personal enemies.

"Indeed Master Raymerez," she begins, careful to keep only the barest hint of flirtation in her tone, "as our companion has so impatiently stated, we are all eager to learn more details of this venture."

Forum Explorer
2008-02-29, 12:12 AM
Gil quickly follows the other two in. Saying nothing he leans on his staff while he waits for a response. Looking at the tattoed man he wonders what part he is to play in the up coming journay.

I bet he's going to be a guide for us. He wispered to Click who had climbed up beside Gil's head.

Skinshifter
2008-02-29, 12:36 AM
Kronork Hawkwind

Kronork snorts at Edlyn, keeping his eyes averted.

Following behind the others, he lifts his Heavy Flail and slings it across his shoulders, tucking the gloves and bracers into his belt. He steps inside the office and rests against the door frame, obvious impatience etched across his scarred countenance.

Amras Seer
2008-02-29, 03:34 AM
Endel nods and walks stiffly into the office, a condescending air about him. "Well lets get this show on the road."

Thalmor
2008-02-29, 10:30 AM
Trahan

As Trahan follows the others into the room, he introduces himself to everyone in the room, For those who are courious I'm Trahan, looks as though we will be companions for the next little while. Looking at Raymerez, he says So Raymerez what do you have planned for us.

The_JJ
2008-02-29, 03:33 PM
I am Mr. Raymerez. The tub will be leaving later this afternoon. You're payment options are complex. You will first be paid in transport to the colonies, for signing on to the expedition. Not only that, you will recieve a share of all profits made from our newest colony, so as to encourage work ethic and colonist/company symbiosis. All living needs like food and water will be supplied by the company. At anytime you may cancle you're contract and cash in you're stock, just don't expect any free rides home. The man snaps. He is clearly unused to being treated so rudely by people in your position.

Lonna
2008-02-29, 03:50 PM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

"I do apologize for my fellow employees rudeness, Mr. Raymerez," says Edlyn quickly, giving a little bob which, had she been wearing a dress, would have been a curtsy. "I'm sure that, like me, they are simply excited to join this adventure and forgot themselves." Those companions who stand closest to her receive a brief but scathing glare as she says the last three words, but Edlyn's face is innocent and smiling when she looks back at the man behind the desk.

TwoBitWriter
2008-02-29, 03:52 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty eyes Raymerez. He is not terribly happy at being talked to in that fashion. It brings back too many memories of his mistreatment by fellow miners back home. He opens his mouth as if to retort, but is cut off my Edlyn's statement. Instead he turns red and twists his mouth into a frown.

Forum Explorer
2008-02-29, 04:08 PM
Edlyn 's glare is met with indiffrence in Gil's face as is Raymerez's indignation.

I have no problems with the terms mentioned, but I would like some more information on where we are headed like the envioment and how devloped the colony is.

Thalmor
2008-02-29, 04:10 PM
Trahan

Well met Mr. Raymerez, I meant no disrespect. I must admit I'm not use to such formal arrangements. He then nods in Mr. Raymerez direction. As my esteemed colleague, Edlyn indicated we are very excited to get started. As he nods in Edlyn direction he realizes that she is indeed quite striking.

The_JJ
2008-02-29, 05:48 PM
The colony you guys are going to is a start up, so don't expect much profits early on. That does mean that when it does get rolling you'll make a bundle.
Raymerez gestures at the man leaning on the desk, who you can now see is leafing through some papers.
Luther here will be in charge. Luther say hello.

The man turns around and you can see that his tattoo's continue around his head till they taper off at the corner of his eyes. You can see that, while he looks mostly human, his shaved forehead exibits the jutting browline of an orc.
Well, right now were're waiting for the healer from the Owls to show up, then there's the sending off party in a half an hour so the sailors can get enjoy themselves for the last time in awhile. He taps the papers in his hands thoughtfully. Deary deary me. It seems most of you got your weapons from your mothers kitchen. Or the forest. (# of daggers in group: 7, # of quaterstaves 2) Oh well, we take what we can. Helen at the front desk can show you where to put your stuff for loading. And a bathhouse. Meet her at the front desk in 20 minutes and she'll take you to the party.

Skinshifter
2008-02-29, 06:20 PM
Kronork Hawkwind

Kronork stands passive with his right arm holding the Flail slung across his shoulder and the left hooked into the waist of his pants. He taps his foot impatiently during Raymerez' explanation of transport and funds and snorts twice during Luther's exchange: at the mention of the sorry assortment of weapons in the room, and at the prospect of a bath.

When Luther finishes, he unhooks his hand from his pants and uses his elbow to propel him away from the hinge of the door. He grunts one final time before making his way back to Helen for loading of his "stuff", sparse though it may be.

Forum Explorer
2008-02-29, 06:31 PM
A bathhouse? Who in their right mind pays to take a bath when there's an ocean on their doorstep? Gil thought.

I'm going for a quick swim, I'll be back in about 20 minutes. I'll see you then He announced

With that Gil starts to leave but at the doorway he stops and says

Oh thanks for your time Mr. Raymerez

Gil quickly starts walking to his destination with Click running at his side.

The_JJ
2008-02-29, 06:39 PM
Did I mention that the bath house would be free? At least for him it would be. the big half-orc laughs.

Lonna
2008-02-29, 06:59 PM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

"Hello Luther," says Edlyn sweetly, ignoring the odd tatoo and evidence of orcish blood. As a tavern maid she had practiced ignoring peculiarities and hiding her feelings behind a smile, a skill that she puts to good use now. "My name is Edlyn Hosteler. If there's anything I can do to help out once we get going, please let me know." Turning to Mr. Raymerez she adds, "And thank you, Sir, both for this opportunity and for taking the time to meet with us yourself." With a final dazzling smile, Edlyn leaves the room. When Helen shows her where to stow her gear, Edlyn removes one of her dresses before heading off to the bath house. A party, hmm? Might as well dress up a bit. It may be the last time in a while that I'll get to wear something pretty.

TwoBitWriter
2008-02-29, 07:14 PM
Shifty gives Raymerez one more indignent look before leaving to meet with Helen. Despite all preparations, Shifty does not remove or reveal the two daggers in his boots as he is very reluctant to part with all of his weapons.
He finds the idea of the bathhouse intriguing and hopes to meet some pretty ladies there who are "open" to his type.

He looks at the people who are now his companions. "I promise that I am more personable than that... anyone want a drink?" he says, pulling out his flask and shaking it with a smile.

He does not intend to dress up for the party, only owning his own set of traveling clothes. He wonders if he can get them washed up while he is taking a bath.

Amras Seer
2008-02-29, 08:12 PM
Post invalid

The_JJ
2008-02-29, 08:15 PM
Thanks but, I think I'll be fine uh... Edlyn.
Mr. Raymerez seems amused at your sudden shift from... well, PC's talking to an NPC to PC's talking to a plot important NPC that might help them. Yes, well, Luther is the one you'll need to flatter.

Thalmor
2008-02-29, 08:17 PM
Trahan

As Trahan prepares to leave the room he commentsA bath now there is something I can certinally use, as I have been in teh wilderness for a few weeks. While swimming in a river is very refreshing, the water is seldom warm.

As he is about to leave the room, he pauses and says to Edlyn, Where are my manners, after you. And allows Edlyn to proceed through the door before him. See you at the party in half-an-hour.

The_JJ
2008-02-29, 08:45 PM
As you enter the bath house (those of you that do.) You see it is a plain wooden building with an odd foriegn deisign pattern. As you enter you see two hallway branches, both labeled by a unintelligble symbol. From one side emenates the comforting sound of trickling water and the smell of steam and soap. The other smells mildly but not unpleasently of sweat, and you can hear some kind of call and response ceremony inside
HIOOO-CHO!
(Chourus) CHI-AAAA!

TwoBitWriter
2008-02-29, 11:32 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty's ears perk up when he hears the chanting. He looks at his comrades. "What sort of things you think are happening in this place?"

He has stripped down to his shirt and breeches, making sure that his armor and the rest of his clothing are relatively accessible. He makes sure that the daggers in his boots are concealed well enough and then sneaks toward the chanting, not so much out of paranoia but of not wishing to interrupt whatever is going on. He listens intently.

Move Silently roll:

[roll0]

Listen roll:

[roll1]

Amras Seer
2008-03-01, 12:23 AM
Endel stares puzzled at the runes on the doors.

Read Magic

Spellcraft Check
[roll0]

Skinshifter
2008-03-01, 05:08 AM
Kronork Hawkwind

Kronork follows the rest of the group dejectedly, clearly displeased that he is following them into this bath house. He snorts as the group looks at the symbols, not understanding what they could mean, and not differentiating them from the symbols on the sheets of paper he had to fool with to get this "job."

Hesitantly he begins to strip himself of his armor. He seems to become almost embarrassed, color flooding his cheeks, as he takes off the chest piece of his armor, revealing a homespun shirt, stained yellow with old sweat. He kneels to remove his road-worn, sturdy boots, and once they're removed unbuckles his belt, sliding his pants off his legs slowly, almost reverently.

Standing in only a pair of tattered shorts that hang to just above his knees, anyone in the room can see more scars tracing their way up his legs into his pants and even further up his arms, disappearing into the torso of his sleeveless shirt.

When Shifty tries to go into the room with the chanting, Kronork watches him with faint amusement; even a hint of a smile splayed across his lips.

The_JJ
2008-03-01, 10:18 AM
For the magic rear roll of awesomeness Endel understands that, while not magical, but merely foriegn the first symbol means 'bath house' and the second symbol means 'dojo.'

Shift turns the corner and pauses to listen, and now heres a clacking noise acompany the chanting.

Thalmor
2008-03-01, 11:29 AM
Trahan

Looking puzzeled at Jarl trying to sneak around. He shrugs and proceeds to the bath house planning to enjoy teh limited time here that he can. Last one pays for drinks later.

Lonna
2008-03-01, 04:06 PM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn hesitates when the group pauses to in the entry way, but when some of the party begins to strip, she blushes and pushes past, careful to give her unclothed companions a wide bearth. Ignoring the illegible symbols, she heads toward the sounds of water. "They better have private baths, she mutters under her breath, clutching her extra clothes to her chest. "Or at least women-only baths."

Mornir
2008-03-01, 05:34 PM
Simon Sheerfeather
Simon was particularly late this morning, a night person by choice he had spent Much too long in prayers the night before and so found him in the unfortunate position of being late. Being late was nothing new to Simon, he constantly talked the ear off any passerby and was therefore late as a result. "Hmmph, now what turn was it." After he makes it to the secretary he says quite frankly: "My name is Simon Sheerfeather, and I am late." and smiles.

The_JJ
2008-03-01, 07:07 PM
And indeed there are changing rooms and seperate and gender specific baths.

As for Simon the secratary nods and smiles "That's quite alright your church fellows supplied us with the nessesary information. You May wish to leave any item you'll be taking with you here, I"ll hvae loaded onto the ship. There will be a party in about 25 minutes for everyone leaveing on the trip. Until then I might recomend the bath house next door."

Skinshifter
2008-03-01, 07:48 PM
Kronork Hawkwind

Kronork puts his hand on Shifty's shoulder, grinning down at the dwarf and his silly attempt at stealth. In a conversational tone he says with a grin, Come on, Dwarf. Let's go find us some pretty maidens to rub our bodies with foul smelling soaps and perhaps massage other parts of our bodies with womanly interest!

Amras Seer
2008-03-01, 08:02 PM
Post Invalid

Amras Seer
2008-03-01, 08:04 PM
Post invalid

Amras Seer
2008-03-01, 08:33 PM
"Well the symbols read Bathouse, and Dojo, up too you to decide which one to choose." Endel then walks into the bathhouse.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-02, 12:36 AM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Glances up at Kronork. "Aye, lad. It dinnae seem like much of my business anyhow. I haven't had a good scrubbing in a while."

He leaves the door to the dojo and heads into the bathhouse. He cannot resist the urge to glance as Edlyn as she scurries by. "I may need to try my hand at sneaking around again..." he mutters to Kronork as they walk away.

Lonna
2008-03-02, 01:34 AM
And indeed there are changing rooms and seperate and gender specific baths.

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn emerged from one of the women's changing rooms, modestly wrapped in a towel provided by the bath house. Under one arm she carried an extra towel, in which was concealed one of her daggers. She didn't expect an attack, but her father had long ago impressed upon her the dangers of a woman going unarmed. After a moment's hesitation, she turned toward the communal women's bath. Female company and privacy will both be in short supply once we leave, she thought, but privacy will probably the less rare of the two. If that's so, I'd best enjoy this while I can!

Thalmor
2008-03-02, 10:56 AM
Trahan

As Trahan jumps in to the bath he proceeds to wash and rinse himself in short order, taking less then 5 minutes in the bath before climbing out and saying Well that was refreshing. I see ya all at the party try not to be late. as he put on his cloths and leaves the bath.

The_JJ
2008-03-02, 12:31 PM
So here is the situation:
Shifty is bathing but wants to have another go at the other room.
Edlyn is bathing.
Trahan is done bathing and doing... something.
Endel is bathing?
Kronick is making wierd comments
Simon is being helped by Helen at the front desk.

And Gil is swimming in the ocean.

Skinshifter
2008-03-02, 01:04 PM
Kronork Hawkwind
Kronork roars laughter at the little man's comment as he sees Edlyn rush through the common room in a bath towel.
He steps into the main bath house for the males and stips his undershirt and undershorts off, leaving himself totally naked. He plops the articles of clothing on an unhindered bench and slips into one of the baths of warm water, where he mostly just sits, resting. From time to time he'll dunk his whole body under the water, but he doesn't apply soap to himself, instead he just observes the room about him.

The_JJ
2008-03-02, 01:31 PM
Actually there are seperate rooms for men and women.
The rooms are made from well cut and joined stones, with a low wooden ceiling and soft lighting. Hot water trickles down a small artificial waterfall.

Gil and Trahan arrive at the front desk past an owlish looking fellow talking to Helen and continue to the hall where the party is being held. The far side is obviously the sailors side, with much drunken singing of sea shanties and eye patches. In the middle of the choas you can see Luther towering over the crowd, deep in conversation with a tall women who has shoulder length blonde hair and is well dressed and you would guess she is the captain of your ship. The other side of the hall, near the door you just entered is also filled with people, most of them young and show a range of emotions from apathy, excitment, terror, and bravado.

Welcome to the NPC meet and greet. Pick a spot to sit and I'll fikk you in on who and what is near you.

Skinshifter
2008-03-02, 01:40 PM
Kronork Hawkwind

Once Kronork has given up on female attention in the bath house and has dried and dressed himself again, he's going to want to find a corner to either seat himself or lean against to observe the room.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-02, 01:44 PM
Slightly stunned at the diffrence in noise between the city and this room, Gil stands still for a moment before deciding to go sit near a fire because he is cold from his swim.

Sitting down Click jumps from his robes and lies down in front of the fire, dripping wet.

Thalmor
2008-03-02, 01:48 PM
Trahan

Seeing Gil's intended direction, Trahan follow him and joins him near the fire. So Gil what do you make of this venture so far?

Forum Explorer
2008-03-02, 01:59 PM
Gil doesn't respond for a few seconds beofre finally saying I'm not sure that this is going to be a very good idea, It's going to be hard for me to reaserch spells without the proper resorces and it doesn't look as if this group of colonists have many skills.

Despite his somber words Gil is smiling when he looks back at Trahan.
Despite all this, I'm still going to go for it.:smallsmile:

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-02, 02:55 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty doesn't put much ceremony into his bathing, only washing the absolute essentials (which includes his beard.) He hurries to the party, now dressed back again in his traveling clothes. He is unarmed, save for the two daggers still sheathed in his boots. He enters the party hall. He is looking for either one of his traveling companions who is alone, or baring that, he will try to join a group of two. But he feels that he should get a feeling on who he will be working with.

(OOC I'll trust JJ to say who I end up promenading with)

The_JJ
2008-03-02, 03:09 PM
Kronik finds a quiet corner to lean up against and sees nothing unusual.

Shifty walks in and sidles up to Gil and Trahan.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-02, 03:33 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty sighs and rolls his eyes. He supposes that he will talk with the pointy-ears, see what they are like. He never thought elves were as bad as most of his fellow dwarves used to say.

"Gil and... Trahan, right?" Shifty asks. "Do you two find all this pomp and circumstance a little overbearing?"

Forum Explorer
2008-03-02, 03:46 PM
Gil looks to Shifty and replies Yeah, I find it's easier just to ignore it. We'll get to the benifits soon enough.

Thalmor
2008-03-02, 03:57 PM
Trahan

Well Shifty, Thahan sighs, I find that people take some comfort in all of this for some reason. I think we had best enjoy this leisurely pace, I think this might be the last time we get to enjoy something like this for awhile.

Passing to look around the room, Seems we are just waiting for 2 more to show and then I think we can find out some more details about venture.

Skinshifter
2008-03-02, 04:16 PM
Kronork Hawkwind

Kronork stands in his corner with his arms crossed over his chest, a slight scowl crossing his features. He watches Trahan, Gil, and Shifty with increasing (though now only mild) interest; his real focus is on the door--and all persons coming through it.

Lonna
2008-03-02, 11:31 PM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

After a short but pleasant chat with the other ladies in the bath, Edlyn emerged clean and refreshed. Slipping into her dress, she buckled one of her knives to her belt, returning the other to her left boot. Her belt pouch also transfered, once she had checked that nothing was missing. Everything else she folded neatly, carried to the other building, and stowed in her backpack.

After a moment's pause to finger-comb her hair, which was still dark with moisture despite her brisk use of a towel, Edlyn turned down the hall, toward the festive sounds of party-goers. This time she entered the room normally, taking no special pains to attract attention to herself, though she certainly was not hiding either. Pausing just inside the doorway, she scanned the crowd, noting her fellow employees locations and looking for any food or drink being offered.

{{Edlyn's dress looks something like this (http://www.geocities.com/aenor_anjou/bonnie.jpg), only darker blue and not as loose.}}

Amras Seer
2008-03-03, 04:05 AM
Disguise Self
[roll0]

Disguised as a nobleman, he walks over to Luther and puts on a winning smile.

Bluff Check
[roll1]

My coalition and I are intrested in leasing a ship, and servants, we are on secret buisness, and your acceptance will be paid back in gold.

I lack a signet ring, for this is all secret buisness, I want no evidence.

But you may contact me with this

Spellcraft/ Light
[roll2]

Bluff check
[roll3]

This is a magical stone with message cast on it, it will only contact me.

Thalmor
2008-03-03, 09:33 AM
Trahan

Upon seeing Edlyn enter teh room, Trahan waves to her to get her to Join him and the other of the group. At the same time he tries to get Kronork attention to get him to join them also.

The_JJ
2008-03-03, 03:01 PM
Ir seer: Luther is talking to the captianAs I was saying... He pauses as you speak then... Aaron, Geoff, please have this man escorted from the room. You feel two heavy hands desend upon your shoulders.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-03, 03:44 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty, after talking to the Half-Elves for a while, decides that he is now thirsty.

"I'm gonna get something to drink," Shifty says abruptly. "Be back in a minute..."

He leaves, but quickly returns with a massive mug filled with ale. He takes a sip of the frothy liquid and scowls. "Human ale... What I wouldn't give for a proper dwarf brew."

He looks at Gil and Trahan, then chuckles. "Of course, if I could afford the good stuff that you people import, I wouldn't be going on this little venture eh?" He raises his mug in a salute before bringing it to his lips again.

Amras Seer
2008-03-03, 04:35 PM
Endel dismisses the spell and due to the fact the men are to big to hold is sholders he escapes into the crowd, cloak flying behind him.

The_JJ
2008-03-03, 04:56 PM
Grapple check [roll0]
grapple check [roll1]

Should you fail to escape one or the other or both, you are unceremoniously heaved onto the street. Only your well made disguise prevents you from being delivered into some private interrogation room.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-03, 06:11 PM
Watching Shifty drink Gil decides to get something for himself. I'll be back in a sec He mutters to his compainions before going to the tables. He quickly gathered some food and drink and went back to his spot by the fire. Starting to eat and drink he took too much too quickly and started to choke. Coughing he managed to get it all down with a gulp of ale. After that he took his time, only saying Sorry but this is the best I've eaten in a long time.

The_JJ
2008-03-03, 06:45 PM
[roll0]

Ok, time to send a random NPC your way...

Wow, ok the Captain lady begins wandering through the crowd of colonists, shaking hands etc. She approachs the group by the fire and extends her hand. Hello, I am Commodore Anya of the Central Trading Company Navy. I'll be commanding your ship for this particular journey.

Mornir
2008-03-03, 10:28 PM
Simon Sheerfeather

After Simon finishes with Helen, he moves onward and into the bathhouse. He strips down under his towel keeping any form of modesty he can and enjoys the steam, and actually washes his clothing in the waterfall.
After a few minutes he dries of and moves onto the party proper, wearing his robes, he moves towards the sailors rambunctious section observing them with polite care. When he is addressed he introduces himself and attempts to chat with them. ((Maybe making a Diplomacy if they seem unfriendly))

Forum Explorer
2008-03-03, 10:54 PM
Gil nods in reply to the captian and mumbles a greeting around a mouthful of food. (His hands are full he can't shake hands)

Gil seeing the newcomer enter sends Click over to listen in on what he says.

Amras Seer
2008-03-04, 04:02 AM
Endel takes off his disguise, and stands up and incredulously, brushing dirt off of his cloak. After a fit of gnomish cursing at his dirty clothes.

Prestidigitation
[roll0]

Throwing open the door, Endel sits down near Shifty, giving him a a playful shove, "How do you think this'l play out??"

Thalmor
2008-03-04, 08:27 AM
Trahan

Well Greating Anya, Trahan says with a smile as he stands to greet her. Speaking in a quitely so only his companions can hear he says to the Captain. Tell me Captain, my companions and I arn't being recruited for this mission because we are good colonist material are we? Your superiors are expecting some kind of trouble on this expedition arn't you?

The_JJ
2008-03-04, 05:29 PM
IR Simon: They are not in any way unfriendly, just a little loud. "Hey maties, we found anover land lubah."
"Righto!"
someone passes you a mug.
IR Gil: Click sees what I described
IR Trahan: Why, you were recruited, you fellas signed up right? As for trouble well... this is the CTC, yeah, but theres the Northern Trading Company, also based out of this very port, and to the south of our islands is the Ozmanic colonies. Things can get... rough when we disagree on where exactly along the dividing lines an island lays, but there hasn't been a big war since we and the Ozmans first realized we both had found the place. And since you guys are not going anywhere near the boundaries yet, I'd say you're pretty safe.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-04, 07:11 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty listens to the conversation between Trahan and Anya with interest. He unceremoniously breaks in. "Safe? We aren't terribly accustomed to being safe, lass. Its the dangerous jobs that pay the best."

The_JJ
2008-03-04, 09:58 PM
Ha! Well then you should sign on with the navy. Except, you know, the pay sucks,

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-04, 09:59 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

"Well... I'm not exactly one for boats...

Forum Explorer
2008-03-04, 10:09 PM
Shifty's comment reminds Gil of a question he wanted to ask earlier. Swallowing a mouthful of food he asks
How long do you think we'll be at sea, Commodore?

The_JJ
2008-03-04, 10:31 PM
She smiles at Shifty. You're nuts then mate. Then she turns to Gil. It's no more then a couple of weeks til' we stop over in Central City. From there is maybe... two to ten days to whatever island your going to.

Amras Seer
2008-03-05, 03:49 AM
Excuse me captain, are we to be off soon? Endel anxiously standing up, seeing Luther coming.

Endel, brushing imaginary dirt off his cloak strolls with a tight, forced smile to the other side of the room.

Lonna
2008-03-05, 05:09 AM
OOC: I just realized that my last post didn't actually end up on here (stupid computer) so I'm just going to work with where it is now. Also, I'm changing my text color cuz I keep finding Thalmor's posts when I'm looking for mine.

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

After filling a small plate with food, Edlyn wandered aimlessly through the milling colonists, listening for any gossip related to either the trip they were about to take or their destination. Spotting Endel leave the group by the fire, she strolled over to join him.

"So, learn anything interesting from our sailor friend?" she asked, inclining her head to indicate where the captain was still speaking with the others.

[roll0] (+3 CHA, +4 ranks, +2 Investigator feat)

Edit: Nice, natural 20. :smallbiggrin:

Skinshifter
2008-03-05, 05:21 AM
Listen Check:
d20+4

Kronork attempts to listen to the conversation going on at the fire between the captain and the rest of the group. He then moves into the group, rolls his shoulders back so he's standing at his full impressive height before her and says, Hello, Lady Captain. They call me Kronork Hawkwind in my lands. It seems to me a very good omen that we get one so sturdy as you.

Diplomacy Check to impress her with his size:
d20-1

The_JJ
2008-03-05, 08:03 PM
IR Seer
Well, Mr. Raymerez will be in to give a little speech, and then we'll be off.

IR Edlyn
Nice... I'm gonna say you just wrapped a few colonists around your finger for later use.
Well, that lady was talking to the big guy, real secretive like. I hear he just came in today, went straight to the big guy's office, and then they changed a lot of plans.
I heard that there was some ship that got lost, but they hushed it up like they didn't want anyone to know. And then they sent a whole ton of rescue ships out.

You can't really hear anything, since everyone is on the far side of a very noise room.
As you introduce yourself the Commodore she smiles nicely (no diplo check needed.)
Hello Kronork, I'm Commodore Anya. I'll just be taking you fellows to where you're going.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-05, 10:01 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

(In response to the part about Mr. Raymerez making a speech.)

"Bleh... that blowhard better not waste anymore of my time..." He turns his head contemptuously to the side.

Thalmor
2008-03-05, 10:42 PM
Trahan

As Trahan scans the room, He says to Anya, Well that some good news then, so what kind of sleeping arrangements can we expect on the ship

The_JJ
2008-03-06, 05:23 PM
IR Shifty. Hey, whatever man. He's giving you a free ride to a new life and a stake in the new colony. Call him what you want.
IR Trahan. You'll be sleeping in hammocks in the second cargo hold. Someone will show you around when we get there.

And noooow... Mr. Raymerez enters the room, quietly and unobtrusivly, though still noticeable. He makes a bee line for Luther and begins to talk to him.

Is the weasle still listening to Luther?

The_JJ
2008-03-07, 03:17 PM
Spoiler for Gil:
He definatly gets a general sense of unease across.
Mr. Raymerez stands up. His speech is almost identical to the one he gave earlier. Blah blah new island blah blah pay as percentage of profits blah blah.
And then some servents come in and begin taking the food away, and both sailors and colinists are led out the door. Comodore Anya is with you group and she shoos you ahead of her down to the docks.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-07, 05:15 PM
Shifty looks around nervously. "We are leaving already?"

Forum Explorer
2008-03-07, 08:55 PM
Gil stands up after the speech and calls Click. Once the weasel had rejoined him he tells the others I'll see the rest of you back on the ship. After that he walks away.

spoilerfor JJ only
Gil walks over to Luther and attemps to listen in on anything he says.
Hide check [roll0] Listen check [roll1]

Skinshifter
2008-03-08, 07:35 PM
Kronork cracks his knuckles and rolls his head around, popping his neck. He listens to Raymerez with a mostly impassive expression, and when he's done wears a scowl of anticipation.

He looks at Shifty and shrugs, his hands clenched into tight fists.

Better now 'en never.

The_JJ
2008-03-08, 07:41 PM
to gil.
Luther: "...ou think they know?"
Raymerez: Not specifically. Something though. The lost ship story should throw them off.
to shifty.
I guess so. Come on now.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-08, 08:18 PM
Gil assuming that Luther is headed to the ship will follow him.

Thalmor
2008-03-08, 09:03 PM
Trahan

As the meeting breaks up Trahan says I guess we will know whats up soon enough guys. Well lets get going, and proceded to follow Luthor too.

Mornir
2008-03-08, 09:12 PM
Simon Sheerfeather

Simon gets caught up with the sailors as they leave quizzing one of them on common oceanic biology -with less then ideal results. He reaches the docks with the sailors, considering a few (if not friends) acquaintances.

The_JJ
2008-03-08, 09:16 PM
I'm just gonna railroad you guys onto the boat.
Gil, roll a hide-move silently check.
Anya and Luther led the way, as the sailors and colonist go in a big pack. The sailors in the mean time shed some uh... hanger-ons and you realize that there is about 15 sailors with you and about 25 colonists, plus Luther and Anya.
Then you reach the ship, the Seahawk. There you find about ten more sailors, as well as the first mates, indentical twins Leo and Lewis.
You and the other colinists are pointed in the direction of the aft hatches, where you find your gear and hammocks awaiting you.

Lonna
2008-03-09, 01:49 AM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn locates her gear, and using her cloak as a screen, quickly changes back into her explorer's outfit and leather armor. Looking around, she spots her companions and joins them.

"Might I have a word, gentlemen?" Unlike before, she is completely serious, with no hint of flirtation in her voice or manner as she looks from face to face. "I heard some interesting rumors among the colonists. It seems this may not be quite the smooth sail we were led to believe when Mr. Raymerez spoke to us earlier. Apparently they just got some news today which stirred up the proverbial antill; a number of last minute changes were made. The most popular theory I heard was that a ship went missing under unknown circumstances. That could mean unexpected bad weather, or that could mean pirates. Either way, I thought you should know so you won't be caught off guard."

The_JJ
2008-03-09, 04:24 AM
well Lonna, would you like to make a hide check to avoid your two new friends, (lets call them Jordan and Elric) because otherwise they might follow you around.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-09, 08:19 AM
Gil climbs down to the hold of the ship. Seeing the arrangments Gil quickly claims one of the hammocks. He was just about to take a nap when Edlyn came in and started talking. After she finsihed Gil spoke up I overheard Luther and our employer talking, apparently the lost ship was just a story to distract us.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-09, 08:55 AM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty eyes Lonna appreciatively. "That was a fine bit o' work, lass. I think it best that we only trust ourselves in this undertaking... I think that any pirate crew that assaults this vessel will get more than they bargained for..." Shifty pats his crossbow appreciatively.

He looks over at Gil. "And whatever the reasons, I knew that there was something fishy going on. I think we had all best be on our guard. Like when your down in a tunnel and have to watch out for Goblins and Kobolds..."

Shifty will try to pick a hammock closest to his companions but will also try to get one close to the floor.

Thalmor
2008-03-09, 10:49 AM
Trahan

Looking arround to make sure no one is spying them, Which confirm my suspicions that we are not being told the whole story, I think we we wouold be best to be on our guard from here out.

Amras Seer
2008-03-10, 04:20 AM
Endel looking around, notices an air of tension about luther, suspecting something Endel climbs deftly behind a barrel, and listens closely.

Listen check
[roll0]

Then so as to save what he hears Endel captures the sounds with ghost sound.

Spellcraft
[roll1]

The_JJ
2008-03-10, 04:37 PM
sense motive check, dc 15 to see if you do indeed sense tension.
hide and move silently check to not be noticed.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-10, 04:46 PM
Agreed Gil says in repy to. After that he climbs back into his hammock and falls asleep.

Amras Seer
2008-03-11, 03:48 AM
Post Invalid

Amras Seer
2008-03-11, 03:51 AM
[QUOTE=Amras Seer;4043001]Endel looking around, notices an air of tension about luther, suspecting something Endel climbs deftly behind a barrel, and listens closely.
Sense

Hide
[roll1]
Listen check
[d20+4

Then so as to save what he hears Endel captures the sounds with ghost sound.

Spellcraft
[roll2]

OOC: k sorry, redid rolls.

The_JJ
2008-03-11, 05:10 PM
I'll just take the earkier listen roll.

You aren't spotted but Luther just stands on the deck, talking to the sailors. Then he goes to his room.

Amras Seer
2008-03-12, 04:07 AM
Endel dissapointed strolled over to the rest of the group still listening, yet less focused, concentrating on the sailors, "What a drawl." Endel then yawns and continues to walk.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-12, 02:50 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty sways uncomfortably in his hammock. "I think it will be a while before I get used to this. But it is nice to be underway. Since we are all being all close with one another, you think there is anything I can do? I am not too good at recon, but I have other talents..."

He thinks for a moment, then looks over at his companions. "You dinnae suppose that we will be expected to work on deck? I don't know anything 'bout sailing."

Lonna
2008-03-12, 03:26 PM
Shifty sways uncomfortably in his hammock. "I think it will be a while before I get used to this. But it is nice to be underway. Since we are all being all close with one another, you think there is anything I can do? I am not too good at recon, but I have other talents..."

He thinks for a moment, then looks over at his companions. "You dinnae suppose that we will be expected to work on deck? I don't know anything 'bout sailing."

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Nearby, Edlyn is wriggling around in her own hammock, testing it out. In response to Shifty's comments she sits up and looks over at him, using her hands and knees to stay balanced on top of the loose cloth. "I doubt we'll be asked to do much until we arrive at the colony, unless we run into pirates or some such along the way." She shrugs, her expression clearly showing that she considers the bandits of the sea to be little threat. "As for talents, I think I've already demonstrated how useful I can be."

Thalmor
2008-03-12, 03:43 PM
Trahan

Following the conversation between Shifty and Edlyn, He looks around to make sure no one but party members are listening. I think we may have garnered all the information we can get for the moment, I suggest we keep an eye on Luther and the Captain, I be most interested anytime they try to have a private conversation if we can get close enough to try and hear what they are saying. As he lies back in his hammock Oh, and I think we should keep a watch, but nothing to obvious.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-12, 03:48 PM
Gil looks at Shify and replys Edlyn is right, they have sailers to run the ship for them, we won't be doing much until we arive. The last couple words are hard to understand as Gil is yawning in the middel of them. Anyways I'm going to go to sleep, so please leave me alone until the ship launchs. With that Gil closes his eyes and goes to sleep.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-12, 04:14 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty looks over at Trahan. "Well, I'll make sure to keep my keen ears open for any interactions between the two of them."

He turns to Edlyn. "I was quite the marksman back home. What I wouldn't give for a proper repeater crossbow..."

He sighs, then twists a bit more in his hammock, cursing lightly under his breath.

The_JJ
2008-03-12, 04:42 PM
Shall we call it a night?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0155.html

Lonna
2008-03-12, 04:50 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

He turns to Edlyn. "I was quite the marksman back home. What I wouldn't give for a proper repeater crossbow..."

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

"A repeater, huh? Never tried one myself, but I'm decent with my own-" A yawn interrupted her as she waved a hand toward the crossbow balanced on her pack below and slightly behind the hammock. "my own weapon. Now I think I'm going to follow our fine wizard friend's example and take a nap." With that, Edlyn stretched, curled up in her hammock, and - to all appearances - fell instantly asleep.

I've got nothing left to do - let's get this party started!

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-12, 05:38 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty falls silent, watching the others fall asleep. He decides that he should try to do the same... but not just yet. He is going to remain awake for a little while longer.

Skinshifter
2008-03-13, 03:36 AM
Kronork follows the group, observes their conversation from a nearby, though not-too-close hammock, and falls asleep, impatiently awaiting the coming arrival of the lands they are supposed to be colonizing.

The_JJ
2008-03-13, 06:35 PM
Alright, to hurry this along I'm gonna say... several days pass. The captain and Luther indeed spend a lot of time talking to each other with and with out company. Normally they just banter like old friends but they do occasionally bend thier heads together and have privite conversations (make up to 5 hide and 5 listen checks to try and listen in.) and do met twice in luther's cabin and once in the captains quarters. You can try and do something there if you want. Other then that, things pass as you might expect at sea. No storm, pleasent weather, salty breezes etc.
Apart from that, there are various pursuits to follow. You can have a conversation with any NPC you want, like: Luther, Anya, the twin first mates, a sailor, one of Edlyn's suitors, a colonist, or the ships bard, (singer/fiddle player/ acoustic guitar.)

Skinshifter
2008-03-13, 10:06 PM
Kronork's only intention during these five days is to help make sure the sailing goes smoothly. So he's going to offer his sturdy body toward "manly" tasks.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-13, 11:18 PM
Gil will only try to listen in twice

1st time Hide [roll0] Listen [roll1]

2nd time Hide [roll2] Listen [roll3]

After that he's going to spend the rest of the time trying to find a colonist who ethir is a wizard or has/can create arcane magic scrolls. Also will talk to the bard to see if he has any scrolls.

Lonna
2008-03-14, 01:12 AM
They say curiousity killed the cat - it seems Edlyn intends to determine the truth of that proverb. She'll take five hide and listen checks to see what secret Luther and Anya are keeping from the colonists.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn spent most of her days idly wandering around the ship, observing sailors and the other colonists. Given the group's suspicions about the exact nature of their trip, she made a point of trying to get close enough to listen in whenever she saw Luther and Anya whispering together. After once seeing the pair retreat to Luther's cabin, however, another question presented itself, temporarily distracting her from her original intent. Deciding it wasn't worth the risk to sneak up to the cabin herself, Edlyn wandered off. That night she approached Leo and Lewis just as they were finishing their evening meal.

"Evening, gentlemen. Mind if I join you?" Her tone was flirtatious, but her face bore a seemingly artless smile, a combination calculated make herself seem young and innocent, like a sheltered child exposed to the world and uncomprehending of its dangers.

Thalmor
2008-03-14, 07:41 AM
Trahan

I will try to talk to the as many of the colonists as I can, just to see what they have been told, and find about their backgrounds, to see if their is any commonality among them.

Other then that he will try to socalize with the other part members as much as possible. And once we get close to our destination I will recommend that we have a private meeting to discuss any information we have gathered.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-14, 09:09 AM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty will try his hand at figuring out whats going on.

1) Hide [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
2) Hide [roll2]
Listen [roll3]
3) Hide [roll4]
Listen [roll5]
4) Hide [roll6]
Listen [roll7]
5) Hide [roll8]
Listen [roll9]

Beyond his... extracurricular activities, Shifty will get to know his fellow adventurers better. He will mainly stay below deck though, as the great expanse of the sea frightens him and being surrounding by the ship's walls in a tight and cramped environment is comforting to him, even the rocking of the ship reminds him of the earthquakes that rocked him to sleep as a little bearded babe.

The_JJ
2008-03-14, 02:39 PM
I'll PM you listeners later.
To Kronik, the sailors very much appreciate the help.

To Gil, you find that both the first mates are spell castors, of considerable power. (compared to you.) One of them (you've yet to learn to tell them a part) is a defensive caster who tries to protect the ship from magical attacks, and the other is a fireball throwing, lighting bolt calling human ship sinker (he also brags more...)

To Edlyn
They have fun compeating with each other to flirt with you. Appearently they're good friends, and both spend time playfully playing up thier own strengths and attacking each other. (Leo is willing to try anything, take any dare, but he doesn't always succeed, often hurting himself in the process. Lewis is more level headed, but he's also the one who eggs Leo on.)

To Trahan
Most of the colinists are young people looking for adventure/ a new life. There are two families of farmers to.

To Shifty
Several sailors bodily drag you upstairs on the second day and loudly proclaim that grog is the best cure for seasickness.
Roll constitution check to see how much you can imbibe.

Lonna
2008-03-14, 03:18 PM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

After a while, Edlyn starts asking questions about life at sea - is it ever boring, have they ever been attacked by pirates, etc. When the topic of the captain (or captains in general) comes up, she asks about Anya - is it usual ot have a lady captain and if so how did she become one? Do the twins (or any of the sailors) ever try to flirt with her or is it strictly business? What about Luther? He and Anya always seem to have their heads together - are they sweethearts? Throughout, Edlyn maintains the same image she started with - that of a curious, sheltered young lady.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-14, 03:29 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty does not need to be so forcefully taken above deck with the promise of drink. He starts downing them in typical dwarf fashion.

Con Roll: (I should get a special bonus if this is human grog...)
[roll0]

Edit: (OOC: YES!)

(IC)
Shifty laughs at the pathetic drinking attempts of his human compatriots. (Are there any Dwarves on the crew or passenger list?)

The_JJ
2008-03-14, 05:06 PM
Take two (I hate my computer.)
to Edlyn: Pirates and priveteers are very common but you needn't worry, the Sea Hawk is very good at defending itself, mostly due to the skill of the esteemed Anya, whose gender has never been an issue in the CTC. Everyone seems to love the Commodore for her skill and leadership, but they seem uncertain how far that goes for everyone else. Luther is a common sight on the various boats and in ports as he shuttles between the colonies as Raymerez's representative, and he is a very good friend of the captians. You get the feeling that they feel if there were something there, that Anya could do worse.

To Shifty. There are no dwarfs on the boat, for most of them share your reservations about the ocean.
You find you self pitted against the best drinker on the ship, a massive (5 feet 7 inches) women with numerous ear piercings [roll0]

Edit: Natural 20 : )

Forum Explorer
2008-03-14, 05:27 PM
Gil is going to try to convince the brothers to let him copy some of their spells if they have spell books.

For the defensive caster Diplomacy [roll0]

For the offensive caster Diplomacy [roll1]

After that Gil will argue the merits of summoning over offensive or defensive spells with them.

Edit: *wince* bad rolls :smallfrown:

The_JJ
2008-03-15, 06:42 PM
again, take two (It's like it freaking waits for the best time to go down!)

They both just kinda laugh, and tell you that they'd gladly help you... once you get some experience under your belt. No need having aprentice wizards blowing themselves up. And they gladly let you join the long running debate, the defensive caster thinks not being hurt is the best, while the offensive guy figures that dead enemies can't hurt you.

And two bit, the forum roller hates you.
You get well and sloshed before your opponent does, so they call it in her favor, numerous coins change hands, and you're shown the ballistas below decks.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-15, 10:43 PM
Gil argues that summons can be used to both protect you and destroy your enemies. Also the summoned creatures often have extra abilities that can help out in a variety of diffrent situations.

Mornir
2008-03-16, 02:27 PM
Simon Sheerfeather

Simon will talk -for prolonged periods of time at that- to anyone and everyone that will listen, however he will spend as little time as possible on decks due to the queasy feeling it gives him, but might head over to the crow's nest if it is unoccupied and spend time in prayer there (and more then likely attempt to coerce anyone in said Crow's Nest to leave at daybreak in order for him to say his prayers there, if refused he will instead do them on a somewhat high stable place (( [roll0] )) )

The_JJ
2008-03-16, 03:49 PM
The crows nest is almost always occupied, but no one seems to mind you being up there.
Unfortunatly, the nest is manned almost as sonn as the sun comes up, but you can normally squeeze a few minutes alone at dawn.

Lonna
2008-03-16, 05:31 PM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

After finishing her conversation with Lewis and Leo, Edlyn retired for the night. The next morning she rose at dawn to indulge her curiousity about another topic. Starting with the crow's nest, Edlyn explored the ship from top to bottom. She made note of any locked doors, though she didn't try to open them, and any room that she could get into she searched for anything unusual, making sure to put everything back when she finished {{Search modifier is +6}}. She was particularly interested in the cargo area, but, to avoid arousing suspicion, went there last. If anyone stopped her or asked what she was doing, she assumed the innocent, too curious persona she had used when talking to the twins.

The_JJ
2008-03-16, 06:45 PM
Lonna finds several rooms that are off limits to passengers, she gathers that these are the ballista rooms, that have hatches in them to allow balistas to fire through.
Below deck there is another level of the ship that is ballast, witch has something to do with the stability of the ship or something.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-16, 08:51 PM
Gil gives Click these orders: To sneak into the capitan's quarters when they are unoccupied and try and find any letters or papers. If any are found Click is supposed to take the papers to Kornork and then find Gil.

If nothing is found Click is to return to Gil immeditly.

While Click is waiting for a good oppurtunity Gil will try and find a relativily empty part of the ship to relax in.

Lonna
2008-03-17, 01:15 AM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

A bit dissatisfied with her results, but unable to think of anywhere else to look, Edlyn wandered around a bit more. Eventually, she caught each of the other party members alone, at which point she asked them to meet her by her hammock directly after the evening meal. She also extended this invitation to Simon Sheerfeather {{who I don't think we've officially met IC, though by now we probably know him}}. At the appointed time, she sat on her hammock and waited to see who would actually come. When it seemed everyone had arrived, she spoke - quietly so that other passengers would not overhear, but seriously, as she had when they first arrived on the ship.

"I'm sure you all are wondering why I asked you to meet me here. The fact is I've been doing a little snooping, and I've noticed at least one other person was doing some exploring of his own. I've heard a few things that concern me. Luther and the captain are worried about something, and I doubt it's pirates. Have any of you seen or heard anthing that might give some clue as to what is going on here?"

Forum Explorer
2008-03-17, 08:06 AM
Gil thinks for several minutes before saying
Well, I managed to overhear a conversation between Luther and the capitan. It sounds like were carrying some sort of special cargo. Also Luther wanted to tell us what was going on, but the capitan said it would be too dangerous.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-17, 08:43 AM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty listens to what Gil says and speaks after he finishes. "It's awfully funny, what you said what Luther said... The conversation started by Anya asking Luther what he though of the 'new passengers' and Luther told the captain how we would hate to have to fight us. And when Anya joked that he was too old, Luther responded by saying that he still gets pangs of guilt when he kills helpless children... Anya said that 'they were not all that bad.' Luther finished by saying that he expected about 7 of them to last a while in a fight... It seemed very ominous to me."

Thalmor
2008-03-17, 09:11 AM
Well, Trahan says after listening to the others recount their exploite aboard the ship, I have found that all the colonists a mostly young peope. There are only 2 families aboard this ship. If you are truly setting up a colony you need people like Blacksmiths, Carpenters etc... Most of these people are just kids. I think we need to know what's in the cargo hold.

We can either try to sneak in while others create a diversion, or we all break in. I also believe we sould be ready to defend ourselves from the crew.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-17, 09:48 AM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

Shifty nods gravely. "Aye, I think that Edlyn and I can handle the infiltration. But we will need the rest of you fellows close by to keep watch..."

Lonna
2008-03-17, 10:51 AM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

"I agree - I also heard the comment about 7 of us surviving a real fight. Having the crew turn against us is a real risk. As for the cargo, I did a preliminary search earlier today, and there are very few placed that are off-limits to possengers. It shouldn't be that hard to check the main cargo area for anything suspicious." Quickly she outlined what she had been told about those areas that were off-limints. "I'm no sailor; I don't know how legitimate those excuses are, but if we find nothing unusual in the cargo hold, perhaps we should try those areas next."

Forum Explorer
2008-03-17, 07:23 PM
I'll search the cargo holds. Gil volenteered Edlyn, you could try finding out what the sailors know, You'd be the best of us at that. Also if we don't find anything in the cargo hold we could try searching the capitain's or Luther's quarters for clues. As far as any distractions go, well I could summon up a few creatures but they wouldn't last long and it would be pretty obvious it was me so that should remian an option only as a final resort. he contiuned, after Gil was finished speaking he looked from face to face seeing if anyone objected.

The_JJ
2008-03-17, 08:50 PM
Oh, roll a hide check and 'luck check' for you pet (a d20, I make a list like 1 = secret doc #9)

Forum Explorer
2008-03-17, 08:56 PM
Ok here is Click's hide roll [roll0]

And here is the luck roll [roll1]

The_JJ
2008-03-18, 02:02 PM
Maky, he isn't caught and brings back... a chart covered in lines and navigational technobabble. And notes in shorthand code and strange symbols.

Lonna
2008-03-18, 04:47 PM
I'll search the cargo holds. Gil volenteered Edlyn, you could try finding out what the sailors know, You'd be the best of us at that. Also if we don't find anything in the cargo hold we could try searching the capitain's or Luther's quarters for clues. As far as any distractions go, well I could summon up a few creatures but they wouldn't last long and it would be pretty obvious it was me so that should remian an option only as a final resort. he contiuned, after Gil was finished speaking he looked from face to face seeing if anyone objected.

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

"I have no problem with seeking information among the crew," replied Edlyn, "but perhaps it should be done before we enter the hold? You wouldn't want to fight off some guardian only to discover that I learned how to subdue him while you were in the process of sneaking in."

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-19, 09:16 AM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

"It would be relatively easy for me to search the holds as well... the crew knows very well I don't like being above deck. It would be the perfect excuse."

Skinshifter
2008-03-19, 09:49 AM
Kronork stares at you all wild-eyed.

You cannot be serious. He says, incredulous that you'd think this ship is another other than what they claim it to be. We're on a ship, going to a place, to colonize. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

He shrugs and goes back to find some way to make himself useful to the crew.

Lonna
2008-03-19, 11:31 AM
Kronork stares at you all wild-eyed.

You cannot be serious. He says, incredulous that you'd think this ship is another other than what they claim it to be. We're on a ship, going to a place, to colonize. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

He shrugs and goes back to find some way to make himself useful to the crew.

Edlyn watched him go, surprised at his disbelief in the face of what had been reported about Anya and Luther's conversations. "Damn, he could have useful in a fight. If worst comes to worst, I hope he sides with us, not against us." Shaking her head, she continued, "So, unless anyone has anything to add, I'll spend some time tomorrow pumping sailors for information, then I'll tell Shifty and Gil anything important I find out."

Thalmor
2008-03-19, 12:55 PM
Edlyn watched him go, surprised at his disbelief in the face of what had been reported about Anya and Luther's conversations. "Damn, he could have useful in a fight. If worst comes to worst, I hope he sides with us, not against us." Shaking her head, she continued, "So, unless anyone has anything to add, I'll spend some time tomorrow pumping sailors for information, then I'll tell Shifty and Gil anything important I find out."

Trahan also watches as Kronork walks away, nods in agreement with Edlyn. To make matters worse is he knows what our plans are. Lets hope he doesn't talk about them to the crew. One thing we haven't taken into account is how long this crew has been with this Captain and company, maybe they have been dupped also. Pausing before he continues, I wounder if we should try to talk to Kronork again before we continue with some of these plans, maybe one of us should meet with him one on one.

Lonna
2008-03-19, 03:07 PM
I wounder if we should try to talk to Kronork again before we continue with some of these plans, maybe one of us should meet with him one on one.

Edlyn nodded. "I can try to talk to him tonight," she volunteered. Any of you would probably only make things worse, she added mentally.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-20, 02:07 PM
Jarl "Shifty" Urlingen

"Perhaps it would be best if we laid low for the moment, until Edlyn can speak with Kronork. I dinnae want any of us caught red-handed, so to speak..."

Thalmor
2008-03-20, 02:33 PM
I agree Shifty, the last thing we need is to be accused of casuing a munity. We'd probably be heaved overboard or something. maybe we an start talking to the rest of the crew and get as much information from them as we can. Ask them things like how long they have been members of the crew on this ship and so forth. Trahan now wonders if it was wise to include everyone in on this conservation till he was sure of their positions on this mission.

I think we should have done more to engage Kronork before this.

Lonna
2008-03-20, 09:20 PM
Edlyn frowned thoughtfully. "So are we basically agreeing to do nothing until we have more information - and hopefully Kronork on our side? If that's the case, I suggest everyone gather as much information as possible from the crew, not just me. I'll work on bringing Kronork around at the same time, though that may take more than a single conversation. Edlyn paused for a moment, making some mental calculations. "We could meet here again in, say, two days time? Then we can decide our next move with hopefully a bit more than our current vague suspicions."

Forum Explorer
2008-03-20, 09:53 PM
Sure, I'll hang around the twins and see what they know about this colony and I'll bring up that missing ship too. Gil says, with that he wanders off looking for the twins.

Skinshifter
2008-03-22, 12:01 AM
Kronork is surprised by how easily the crewmate offers to tattoo him and accepts his offer with barely disclosed glee. That day, however, he finds himself more and more inclined to attempt conversation with the crewmates--something he's never done before. He asks them mostly mundane questions, he's not very good at this, but from time to time if he can find a particularly talkative member, he asks about the more "ranked" members of the ship.

He's also watching to see if any of the crew members behave strangely toward him and the rest of the adventurers aboard. Not particularly closely, but the idea is in the back of his head none the less.

The_JJ
2008-03-22, 09:49 AM
Kronik just learns that Anya is the captian that runs the ship, and that the first mates, Leo and Lewis, help her. Appearently they are powerful mages and often end up locked in magical duels with other ships.

Lonna
2008-03-22, 11:48 AM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn looked for an opportunity to speak to Kronork alone. To her frustration, each time she saw him he seemed to be either helping or conversing with the sailors, but at last she found him alone. With a hesitancy that was not entirely faked, she asked, "Um, Kronork, may I speak with you?"

OOC: Skinshifter, I'll let you decide what the proper backdrop for this conversation is - where might Edlyn find Kronork alone? Also, do you want to do this conversation in thread or via PM? Either way works for me.

Skinshifter
2008-03-23, 04:33 AM
OOC: Either is fine, I have the next two days off; You can PM me and we can work it out, or you can IM me via AIM?

Kronork's only alone time on the ship to this point is spent immediately after the tattoo of a seagull is finished being graven into his left cheek and jawline. The tattooer suggested he spend the next few days belowships so the tattoo doesn't fade or become infected, and here he is, resting contentedly and overly pleased with himself in his hammock.

Although he finds himself ruminating on what his companions have been discussing recently. He has no reason to believe them, why would this ship want anything other than they say? But at the same time, the crewmen aren't exactly overly forthcoming with information--they've only repeated things that he already knew. Oh, well he thinks, shrugging his arms behind his head.

And the dirty one, that Gil, his weasel seemed very intent that Kronork should have the papers he's currently holding tucked into his pants. They mean nothing to me, but could they to another of my companions?he wonders, sighing fitfully.

When he sees Edlyn walk into the bunk, he sits upright hoping she'll address him, but fearing his countenance too hideous for her to wish to behold. When she does address him, he is caught completely off guard and his draw drops a little, his eyes widening in stark disbelief and quiet embarrassment. His white right eye gleams hideously in the crude light of the room.

Um, he chokes, smiling awkwardly. Yes?

The_JJ
2008-03-23, 05:42 PM
Oh and by the way, as he finishes your tatoo the crew man leans over you.
"Your one of us now, eh? No one gonna mess with you now. Welcome to the club." then he reachs over and shakes your hand.

The_JJ
2008-03-26, 01:20 PM
sooo... anybody else have anything to do?
take a crack at the chart?
talk to the crew?
scout around?

Lonna
2008-03-26, 01:48 PM
sooo... anybody else have anything to do?
take a crack at the chart?
talk to the crew?
scout around?

As far as I know Kronork still has the chart, and Gil is the only other person who knows he has it.

What Edlyn decides to do will depend somewhat on the outcome of her conversation with Kronork, which is still going on via PM. However, at this point it is safe to say that Edlyn will start (discretely) asking other colonists if they have noticed anything odd about the trip/crew/company/etc. She'll also spend some time flirting with off-duty sailors to see if she can find out anything more useful about the captain, Luther, the cargo, the ship, and/or the crew in general.

So, Gather info checks:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Forum Explorer
2008-03-26, 03:32 PM
Gil will search though the cargo looking for anything odd.

Search [roll0]

The_JJ
2008-03-26, 03:54 PM
Gil says to himself Hmm... now where exactly is the cargo hold? He then looks around and realizes he is standing in it. There are a lot of hammocks, people, a few crates full of food and water, some sacks full of seed, and farming implements.

If you'd rolled less then a 20, I'd have made you talk to a sailor to find that out.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-26, 03:55 PM
Shifty

Shifty will search the holds, trying to access locked areas.

Hide
[roll0]
Move Silently
[roll1]
Open Lock
[roll2]
Search
[roll3]

If caught, he will use his well-known fear of being on deck as an excuses, stating that he is simply trying to find the deepest, darkest part of the ship.

The_JJ
2008-03-26, 03:59 PM
While very silent, Shifty heads into the bilges, and manages to trip and fall (quietly) into a bucket of day-glo, glow in the dark green paint. Right in front of a pair of sailors.

(the dice hate you. Lots.)

edit: Bluff check time.

TwoBitWriter
2008-03-26, 04:26 PM
Shifty attempts to explain about his fear of being on deck and his desire to find the deepest, darkest part of the ship to dwell in. Also he was hoping to find a place on the ship that doesn't rock so much so he doesn't feel ill all of the time.

Bluff:

[roll0]

(OOC: I really hope I get a convincing story bonus, because otherwise its a dry roll)

Forum Explorer
2008-03-26, 04:52 PM
After he is finished searching the holds Gil goes looking for Luther. When he finds him he says Escuse me Luther, I have some questions about the colony.

The_JJ
2008-03-26, 05:24 PM
Shifty: Aww... I guess the dice are going to save you for later.

"Ahem well... there's just the bliges down here. It's very pretty must and all so I wouldn't recomend it. Waves go up and down. And uh, the ship rocks." He straightens out his coat.
The other sailor laughs behind her hands though you don't know why.

Gil: Well, what do you want to know?

Lonna
2008-03-26, 05:42 PM
Any word on what Edlyn found out from the colonists and sailors?

The_JJ
2008-03-26, 05:56 PM
Oh sorry, didn't see that.

Umm lets see. No, the colinists haven't noticed anything.
The crew worships the captain, loves Luther, thinks that their ship is the fastest, luckyest, and best crewed ship on the ocean blue. (the ocean orange doesn't bear mentioning) oh and the 'cargo' consists of a seasick dwarf, a scarred but friendly fellow, a talkative scholar-priest, a smelly half-elf, some people whos charactor haven't done anything in so long that I don't remember them, some wanna be adventurers, some farmers, and one curious but pretty lady.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-26, 06:20 PM
I was wondering if we would have to build anything for the colony or is already set up? On that note are we the first group to come to this colony? Gil says listing carefully to Luther's reply.

Sense Motive [roll0]

Forum Explorer
2008-03-26, 06:30 PM
I was wondering if we would have to build anything for the colony or is already set up? On that note are we the first group to come to this colony? Gil says listing carefully to Luther's reply.

Sense Motive [roll0]

The_JJ
2008-03-26, 06:51 PM
(I'll just take the first roll)
Well, it's a new colony, so we'll probably be some of the first ones there. We'll probably have a few vets from other colonies already there to start us off. They are closer and all. But, because every colony is different, we like to import people from the mainland. No preconcived conceptions.

You get the feeling that the last bit might have been dead pan sarcasm, or maybe that he was repeating the company line that he did not agree with himself.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-27, 07:46 AM
Import people? Gil repeats That's such an odd phrase to use. Also why would you perfer less experinced colonists? That just seems like an unessesary risk.

The_JJ
2008-03-27, 09:49 AM
Hey, expertise is a marketable skilll out here. You guys are one part employ, two parts money maker for us out here. As for epericence, well, I wouldn't argue with it since you're here because of it. BUt if you think about it, if we had to cycle everyone through the colonies based on experience, cost would be high, our best people would never sleep. He laughs and gestures at himself happens anyway I guess. But more of our better people would never get a chance to acctually set up homes and live, which is kinda what we are after.

The_JJ
2008-03-29, 02:49 PM
ahem. *bump*

Thalmor
2008-03-31, 06:49 PM
Trahan

I will locate the Anya, and when she is alone I will approach her. Ahm, Anya, I was wondering if you not busy, if you would like some company?

The_JJ
2008-03-31, 08:36 PM
See puts away her navigation equipment and nods. Take a seat.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-01, 04:17 PM
Gil nods at Luther's answer accepting it.So what exactly is your job with the company?

The_JJ
2008-04-01, 04:33 PM
I do different stuff. he pats his greatsword Sometimes I have to use this, but the instances where I do grow less and less as time goes by. Mostly I manage things this side of the ocean. Make sure everything is going alright, island hopping from problem to problem.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-01, 05:06 PM
Doesn't seem to be a very good job, how'd you end up with it? I mean from what you've said it sounds like you never get a break plus you spend most of your time on this part of ocean keeping you away from civilisation most of the time and not only that you are responsible for every one of the colonies. Gil says.

The_JJ
2008-04-01, 05:16 PM
He shrugs. Why in Seven Hells are you out here? The adventure, the comradery, the chance to make something new, better. He gestures at the bright sky and the ocean. I'd call this pretty nice. Besides, he pokes your shoulder civilazation isn't all it's cracked up to be when you're a half-orc with tribal tattoos.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-01, 06:01 PM
Touche Gil says chuckling. So how long have you been doing this stuff?

The_JJ
2008-04-01, 06:41 PM
Pff... since the Summer's Wind first left the harbor on a mad man's hunch. What was that, fifteen years ago? 'Course, it took us a half a year to actually find First Sight Island. I think Raymerez, Anya, and myself are just about the only people from that voyage still in the company.

Thalmor
2008-04-01, 09:23 PM
Trahan

Well Anya nice ship you have here, Trahan says as he sits next to her. So how long have you been the Captain?

OCC: I look around to see if anyone else is near us.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-01, 09:36 PM
You, the capitan and Raymaez must be pretty close then. Anyways what happened to the rest of the people who went with you?

Sense Motive just in case [roll0]

The_JJ
2008-04-01, 09:45 PM
There was only about 50 of us, and that first trip wasn't exactly low casualty. Nor was the next few years. Eventually those who couldn't make died or left, those that could got rich and left. Anya and I are just to stupid to take the money and run.

Lonna
2008-04-03, 11:21 AM
{{OOC: I haven't heard from Skinshifter in a while, so I'm going to go ahead and post my actions for later in the night. Note that this all actually happens after Kronork and Edlyn finish their conversation, find Gil, etc.)

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

In the middle of the night, Edlyn gets up and heads toward the entry to the cargo hold, moving quietly so as not to disturb the others sleepers. In her hands are what look like leftovers from the last meal the colonists were served - some small pieces of cheese and a scrap of tough meat.

[roll0]

Once out of the cargo hold, she begins to look for the grey cat she had noticed earlier, occasionally making small cat sounds that are the feline equivalent of a polite "Hello? Anybody home?" The combination of food and a human who can speak the language is, in Edlyn's experience, enough to draw the attention of any cat.

{{OOC: JJ, I'm not sure how to handle the conversation with the cat, since Edlyn is only partially fluent in the language.}}

TwoBitWriter
2008-04-03, 11:23 AM
Shifty

Shifty will be taking a nap unless someone requires his expertise.

Skinshifter
2008-04-03, 02:42 PM
OOC: Oops, i didn't reply to that; thought I had.

Kronork is going to hide the charts in his trousers again and head off looking for Gil with Edlyn's assistance. He wants to find him as soon as possible and be rid of the be-damned things as soon as possible, so he's going to say Gil, I need to speak with you. Now. Even if Gil is still in his conversation.

He'll probably even grab the smaller man's arm and try to pull him away--social graces that he has--unless Edlyn tries to interfere.

The_JJ
2008-04-03, 04:32 PM
IR Edlyn: The rogue slips past the sleepers and heads to the door unseen. The cat come to the sounds quickly and respondes. Food meowmeowmeow human meow purr purr

IR Shifty: *snores*

IR Kronork: Finds Gil on the deck talking to Luther.

Lonna
2008-04-03, 05:01 PM
Gil, I need to speak with you. Now. Even if Gil is still in his conversation.

He'll probably even grab the smaller man's arm and try to pull him away--social graces that he has--unless Edlyn tries to interfere.

Which she will - with a hastily interjected "As soon as possible that is." She'll also put a restraining hand Kronork's arm - just a token gesture of caution, not enough to actually stop him from doing anything. If he cooperates she will guide him a few feet away and whisper "Even the Hawk waits for the right moment to strike, and we don't want to irritate our employer if it can be avoided."

That night: Edlyn greets the cat and offers it some of the food she is holding. When it has finished that she asks the cat what is behind the locked doors on the ship, showing which doors she means, if necessary. Once she's learned all she can, she thanks the feline and gives it the rest of the food. Then she goes back to bed.

In case they are needed:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The_JJ
2008-04-03, 05:11 PM
Oh, hello Kronik. New tattoo I see. He traces his own. Least you fell in with a better tribe then I did. Hey Edlyn, some of your fellow colinists are wondering where you are. Two guys, they say they saw you back when we were on shore, but not since then. Crazy huh? It's been like a week now and you're sleeping in the same hold and everything.

That night: You get a long and mostly incomprehensible description of hiding places (many) sunny spots (none) and good places to find rats (far less then when the cat first arrived on the ship)

Thalmor
2008-04-03, 06:15 PM
Was wondering if there was a response to my last below

Trahan

Well Anya nice ship you have here, Trahan says as he sits next to her. So how long have you been the Captain?

OCC: I look around to see if anyone else is near us.

The_JJ
2008-04-03, 06:52 PM
ugh, my bad. :smalleek:

I been on the Sea Hawk for about two years. Been a captain for about 9. first time as the acting captain of the On to Dawn She smiles That was an... interesting voyage. Left as a deckhand, came back a captain.

You're on the back (stern) part of the ship, the only person near you is the helmsman, who is utterly absorbed in his work.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-03, 10:08 PM
If it's important then I suppose it should be dealt with as soon as possible, if you don't mind Luther? Gil says as he stands up preparing to go with them.

Thalmor
2008-04-04, 07:37 AM
With admiration in his voice Trahan says Leaving as a deckhand and coming back as a Captain, quite impressive. Your obviously a Woman of action. I bet that makes for an interesting story?

The_JJ
2008-04-04, 02:25 PM
IR Gil NO problem.

Ir Trahan *snorts* And a long one too, I'm afraid.

Skinshifter
2008-04-04, 07:07 PM
Kronork stares at Edlyn irritably but allows her to pull him aside. Standing there, however, he glares at Gil impatiently, almost threatening him with his eyes to hurry.

OOC: Kronork is going to want to just hand Gil the papers right then, Edlyn, so before I just -do- it, I'm going to give you the opportunity to interject. They mean nothing to him and he doesn't know where Gil got them; just that it annoys him that Gil sent them to him.

Lonna
2008-04-04, 07:35 PM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn laughs out loud as she realizes who Luther must be referring to. "I'll have to track them down and reassure them I haven't fallen into the ocean," she answers, "but first, if you'll excuse us, Kronork seems to be having a bit of a problem with Gil's weasel."

Without waiting for a response she turns to Gil. "If you could be of assistance I'm sure we'd all be grateful." She then flashes a dazzling smile at all three men and begins walking toward the cargo hold, clearly expecting Kronork and Gil to follow.

Lonna
2008-04-04, 07:37 PM
Sorry for the double post, I messed up the code for my bluff roll.

[roll0]

Edit: I *really* hope Luther isn't already suspicious.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-04, 08:57 PM
A problem with Click? is he ok? Without any other words Gil rushes off, following Kornork and Edlyn.

Bluff roll [roll0]

Skinshifter
2008-04-05, 04:25 AM
Kronork snorts at Edlyn as she walks away and frowns at Gil as he passes. He hesitates a moment, looking at Luther, seeming to only now register his comment about his new tattoo. Smiling shyly he raises a hand to touch it and remembers that it is probably still raw and doesn't. He looks awkwardly at Luther and finally after slight hesitation mutters something intended as a fairwell and ducks away to join Edlyn and Gil.

Kronork will follow Edlyn until she turns to address him; and he's pretty sure at this point that he has managed to get himself in trouble with her, though he's not entirely aware of what for.

The_JJ
2008-04-05, 11:50 AM
(sooo close)

As you leave Luther you see Anya striding out of her cabin with a most puzzled expression.

Lonna
2008-04-06, 03:01 PM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn kept walking until she reached a deserted corner of the cargo hold, then turned around to face the other two.

"Sorry about that," she said, though frankly she didn't seem very sorry at all. "Don't worry, Gil, there's nothing wrong with Click, but I didn't want to talk about this particular matter in front of Luther, not yet at least. Kronork, would you please show Gil what Click gave you?"

Forum Explorer
2008-04-06, 03:09 PM
No problem Edlyn, I know Click is ok I just said that for Luther's benifit. Gil turns to look at Kornork So what did Click find?

On a side note now that Click has finished his mission Gil commands Click to return to him.

Skinshifter
2008-04-06, 03:29 PM
Kronork doesn't say anything, just reaches into his pants and pulls forth the papers Click gave him. With a look of mild annoyance, he hands them to Gil, seeming to expect some kind of explanation for why he has them in the first place.

Thalmor
2008-04-07, 10:48 AM
Trahan

Well we seem to have plenty of time, seens we are out on the open Ocean. If you think it would take to long then you could give me a condensed version.

The_JJ
2008-04-07, 05:32 PM
Alright. she glances at the hourglass by the wheel. Just let me get my maps.

The_JJ
2008-04-07, 08:41 PM
Lonna turns the page oner in her hand, and ***** her head sideways. As far as she can make out the coded passages are pointing to something buried. The crossed sword signs obviously point to battlefields and the many of coded lists are right next to them. Odd, no?

Forum Explorer
2008-04-07, 08:57 PM
Gil studies the papers for a few seconds before looking up Well I don't have a clue what anything on this map means, did you learn anything Edlyn? By the way Kornork thanks for taking care of the map.

Lonna
2008-04-07, 09:14 PM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

"Yes actually," says Edlyn, "It's a treasure map." Pointing to the coded lists she adds, "I can't read any of it, but these are clearly lists of spoils from battle. I think the rest of the code tells where those items are buried now. Or at least where they used to be buried. Where did Click get this anyway? And why did he give it to Kronork instead of you?"

Skinshifter
2008-04-08, 05:00 AM
Kronork watches the two deliberate over the map in slack-jawed amazement. When Edlyn explains what she thinks the code means, his opinion of her grows greatly.

When Gil thanks him for keeping the map he grunts, and when Edlyn asks Gil why he had Click give Kronork the map, he snorts in annoyance, placing his hands on his hips.

TwoBitWriter
2008-04-08, 08:36 AM
Shifty

Shifty notices the rest of the party ogling over a bit of paper, sighs, and then decides to join them.

"Whats all this then?"

The_JJ
2008-04-08, 05:01 PM
To Trahan:
Anya comes back out of her cabin, at first a bit confused, but by the time she gets to you it's crystalized into anger. How's this. I'll tell you my story if you find my chart. I'll tell my WHOLE story if you find out who stole my chart. And I'll tell you evrything if you tell me why they stole my chart.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-08, 06:10 PM
Well after Kornork told us that he didn't belive us I sent Click to go find proof and then to bring said proof to Kornork. However Click probley just picked up the first important papers he found. Once Sifty comes over Gil cuts himself off and looks at Edlyn

Lonna
2008-04-08, 06:45 PM
Well after Kornork told us that he didn't belive us I sent Click to go find proof and then to bring said proof to Kornork. However Click probley just picked up the first important papers he found. Once Shifty comes over Gil cuts himself off and looks at Edlyn

"Whats all this then?"

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn sighs. "Shifty, you might be better off not knowing. I'm not saying you have to go, but we are in a delicate situation, and it could land all of us in hot water." If he decides to stay, she gives him a brief summary of the situation; if not she waits until he is out of earshot before continuing. Then she turns back to Gil. "Where did you send Click in order to get this paper? And exactly how likely is it that someone will discover that this 'imortant paper' is missing and come looking for it?" Her voice is perfectly level, but there is a hint of annoyance in her eyes.

TwoBitWriter
2008-04-08, 08:45 PM
Shifty

"Well, Lass," Shifty says. "I can indeed go back to my sleeping, but my bones are aching for a bit o' trouble if you catch my meaning. You fellows are the closest I have to friends in this venture, so if you have found yourself in a bit of a jam I will have to do what I can to help."

Shifty crosses his arms.

"And if you know anything of the stubbornness of Dwarves..." He smiles, listening to what Edlyn has to say about the situation.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-08, 08:54 PM
Judging by the look on Anya's face a while ago, I'd say that the map is already being missed, and that should answer your other question as well. It should be no problem, all we have to do is return the map before anyone asks us about it. Here is my plan, I will go talk to Luther while Edlyn walks over to the capian's quarters. Click will be with you holding the papers. Kornork and Shifty I suggest you two just leave for where ever you want to go. When you get close to the doors Click will run forward and place the papers back in the captain's room. If for some reason this fails then I'll meet up with you and destroy the papers. Either way nothing will connect us to the theft so no suspecion will fall upon us. While he saying this Gil looks from face to face searching for any objections or emotions that might hinder the plan.

OOC: If Shifty left then he can ignore that part.

Thalmor
2008-04-08, 10:06 PM
Trahan

Looking confused Trahan says Charts? Who would steel such a thing? Are these important?

Let me look around maybe I can find something that might lead me to who stole them? After saying this Trahan realizes that the only people snooping around the ship were the members of the party.

[roll0]

Skinshifter
2008-04-09, 01:13 AM
Kronork is gritting his teeth during Gil's explanation of where he got the charts, and when he suggest Kronork leave, he does just that. Growls and stomps away, extremely angry by the implication that he could be in serious trouble with the captain of the ship for Gil's actions.

He won't sprint off, so if anyone wants to call him back, he might stop.

Lonna
2008-04-09, 02:27 AM
Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn's eyebrows shoot up at the mention of Anya's name, and she looks less and less pleased as Gil continues speaking. "No suspicion?" she repeats incredulously. "How is there no suspicion if I'm seen near the captain's quarters just before the document re-appears? How is there no suspicion if someone sees me with Click, or already saw him near Kronork? Thanks to that scene on deck we three are already linked in Luther's mind, and he doesn't strike me as the kind to forget details like that. Until we know what's going on on this ship we have to keep a low profile - taking important papers from the captain's cabin is not keeping a low profile! And I'm the one most likely to be noticed if we try this plan of yours. Well, I'm not going to put my neck on the chopping block for a chance to fix your mistake."

The_JJ
2008-04-09, 02:36 PM
IR trahan: Hey, the deal was you tell me. she her lips twitch towards a smile. Now I'm going to go talk to Luther about this.

Trahan only. Want to try and eavesdrop? Hide/listen checks.

Thalmor
2008-04-09, 03:41 PM
Pausing after she passes, Trahan thinks the opportunity to gather some info is to tempting to pass up.

[roll0]
[roll1]

OCC: Sweet rolls

The_JJ
2008-04-09, 04:33 PM
For Trahan.
Nice. You turn as if to leave but then jump sideways under a big pile of canvas right next to them.
Anya: ... proves it. We got a spy in the passengers.
Luther: Oh gods and to think... oh well. Tell anyone yet?
Anya: Yeah, might as well let the guy get antsy. Maybe he'll mess up again.
Luther: Mess up? But... he got your charts.
Anya: Which are coded. Took me years to take all those soundings, but they're all in off NTC islands anyway. Except for that one deep water and uh... her voice drops to a whisper (thank god for the natrual 20) The new landing.
Luther: WHAT!
Anya Just the depth soundings in code. In code and not on the map. I'm not pissed cause he took something useful to him. I'm pissed cause he took something useful to me. Almost five years of work on that chart. Damn. Look, we'll have everyone watching everyone.

Thalmor
2008-04-09, 07:09 PM
Thinking to himself, what is so important that she had to write everything in code. The more I seem to lear the more convulted it seems to get. I best find the group and hope one of them didn't take this map.

Once they move away I will wait for a bit, before leaving my hiding place, and trying to find the reast of the party. When I do I will brief them on what happened and then discuss our options

Skinshifter
2008-04-10, 04:09 AM
Kronork is once again swaying gently on his hammock, his hands behind his head, a huge frown digging its way across his face. He is humming softly to himself, clearly trying to calm his temper.

Lonna
2008-04-10, 04:31 AM
Edlyn waits for a response from Gil or Shifty, and getting none, follows Kronork's example and stalks off to her hammock, where she sits facing carefully away from Gil, flipping her unsheathed belt dagger in one hand.

Thalmor
2008-04-10, 03:31 PM
Trahan

Upon entering the area assigned to the party Trahan is seems very pleased with himself, until he notices the apparent mood amongst his party members.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1558772/

He quickly surveys the room quickly, and knowing that time is of the essence he he decides his best approach is to bring Edlyn on side first.

He will approach her to see why everyone seems to be in a foul mood, and once she does he will brief her on the info he found out ( OCC: all conversations he has with her will be wispered tones). Once he finds out that it was indeed click that did take the chart thats when he mentions the plan about the overly exerubent familiar.

Lonna
2008-04-10, 08:56 PM
Trahan

Upon entering the area assigned to the party Trahan is seems very pleased with himself, until he notices the apparent mood amongst his party members.

He quickly surveys the room quickly, and knowing that time is of the essence he he decides his best approach is to bring Edlyn on side first.

He will approach her to see why everyone seems to be in a foul mood, and once she does he will brief her on the info he found out ( OCC: all conversations he has with her will be wispered tones). Once he finds out that it was indeed click that did take the chart thats when he mentions the plan about the overly exerubent familiar.

Edlyn explains quickly and susinctly, though with some annoyance in her voice when she describes Gil's plan for returning the document, particularly her part in it. When Trahan proposed his alternate idea, she thinks it over, then shrugs.

"Well, it's less risky than Gil's plan, but given how upset you said Anya was, it's could still land Gil - and the rest of us by association - on the chopping block. Still, I can't think of anything better, so we'd best see what the others think of the idea. You explain it to Gil; I'll tell Kronork what's happening."

Assuming Trahan doesn't have anything to add, she'll sheath her dagger with a flourish, then head over to Kronork and update him on the situation. It is clear from her tone that she's still annoyed with Gil for getting them into this situation in the first place.

Thalmor
2008-04-10, 10:08 PM
Trahan

Nodding in agreement with Edlyn, Trahan says it probably be best if we return the charts as a group, this way it would show solidarity amongst us. Thinking to himself I hope I'm not going end up always being the peace keeper

Trahan then heads off to talk to Gil and explain to him, the situation and the plan.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-10, 11:25 PM
When Gil learns the newest plan he shrugs. Well it's not any worse then my plan, if this is what everyone thinks is best then lets go for it. If he hears about Edlyn's annoyance he will just smile and sayI don't understand why she's so upset, I mean I'm the one who's going to take the fall here no matter what happens, at worst I've inconvinced them but in that I'd probley be dead so I think I'm at a bit more risk then them.

Skinshifter
2008-04-11, 06:09 AM
Kronork doesn't listen very carefully, trying to keep his distance from the whole thing. When she finishes speaking he hardly notices and then finally says All that matters to me is that I not find myself punished for being involved with him. I wanted nothing to do with these activities and if his recklessness lands me in any kind of trouble, there will be hell to pay.

Lonna
2008-04-12, 01:55 AM
Kronork doesn't listen very carefully, trying to keep his distance from the whole thing. When she finishes speaking he hardly notices and then finally says All that matters to me is that I not find myself punished for being involved with him. I wanted nothing to do with these activities and if his recklessness lands me in any kind of trouble, there will be hell to pay.

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn nods, not really surprised by Kronork's reaction. "I don't blame you for backing out. Frankly, if I'd do the same if I didn't think the others would somehow manage to say the wrong thing and get me in trouble anyway. Besides, now that I know the chart exists, I want to find out what that thrice be-damned code means." Watching Gil and Trahan from the corner of her eye, her voice abruptly becomes cold. "Believe you me, if this goes afoul, Gil had better watch his back."

Unless Kronork says something, Edlyn pauses for a moment, then nods to him with a small smile that gives no hint of her earlier coldness. Then she heads over to Gil and Trahan and says "Kronork has decided to stay down here when we take the chart back." Her tone is neutral - not enthusiastic but also not annoyed.

TwoBitWriter
2008-04-13, 12:57 PM
Shifty

Shifty watches the proceedings with interest. When Edlyn returns he glances at her. "What part should I play in this charade, lass? And try not to be too hard on Gil, I think we can all understand the motivaitons of greed and curiousity."

Gil winks at Edlyn. "Like a cat..."

Lonna
2008-04-13, 02:33 PM
Shifty

Shifty watches the proceedings with interest. When Edlyn returns he glances at her. "What part should I play in this charade, lass? And try not to be too hard on Gil, I think we can all understand the motivaitons of greed and curiousity."

Gil winks at Edlyn. "Like a cat..."

Edlyn

Edlyn shrugs casually. "Ask Trahan, it's his plan. I'm just tagging along to keep you boys out of trouble." She ignores Shifty's second remark. Like a cat, she's also very good at selective hearing.

Thalmor
2008-04-13, 06:07 PM
Looking around Trahan, see Shifty have a brief conservation with Edlyn, He looks at Gil and says lets go and talk to Shifty and see if he wants to be a part of this.

He then proceeds over to where shifty is, and explains the plan of the overly exuberant familiar. Once he finishes explaining the plan he asks Shifty, So, did you want to join us, or would you prefer to remain here?

TwoBitWriter
2008-04-13, 08:09 PM
Shifty

Shifty looks up at Trahan, not noticing the potentially insulting cat comment he made to Edlyn. "Well, I am going to need friends on this trip and you guys are the closest I got so far... I'm in. But I'm not much of a leader, just tell me what to do and I will do my best to do it."

Shifty crosses his arms, looking attentively at Trahan.

Thalmor
2008-04-14, 08:14 AM
Trahan

I'm not sure I'm much of a leader either, we basically are supplying moral support for Gil. I just think they will twice before trying to do something to Gil, if we show them a united front. Besides I think we are going to have to depend on one another a lot more from this point forward.

Looking at Edlyn, I guess I can assume Kronork, is still very annoyed with the whole situation?

Well should we try to find Endeldrimor and Simon, and let them know whats going on, or should we not waste anymore time and head to meet with Anya and Luther?

Skinshifter
2008-04-14, 10:50 AM
Kronork listens vaguely to any of what is being said that he can hear and stands once you seem to have finished discussing. (OOC, I'm not sure how much taller or larger he is than the rest of you, I can assume he's at least impressive) He will stretch himself to his full frame, revealing his well-tanned and thickly muscled arms, chest and legs to you all and snorts loudly through his nose. The crew have named me among their lot he says hoarsely but silently enough that the colonists nearby would have to really want to hear him speak to understand him, But among you I first vowed my allegiance. I won't act in violence against this ship he says, pawing his still fresh tattoo, But I will stand among you as a brother should you choose unwisely.

He runs his hand through his short, dirty hair. We were hired to do a job--let's get this stupid chart back to where it belongs and do it and return to our families rich and wise, eh? He finishes his somewhat overly dramatic monologue with a sheepish grin, obviously realizing his own melodrama. He'll then attempt to scurry back to his hammock, hiding the hint of a blush growing across his face should none of you impede him.

Lonna
2008-04-14, 11:15 AM
Edlyn

"Wait," says Edlyn, reaching out to Kronork as if to stop him. He's a head taller than her and at least twice as wide, so her effort is purely for show, but she's hoping he will listen anyway. "As you said, the crew call you one of their own. Perhaps if you come with us it will lend merit to our excuse for having the chart. You must look out for your own interests, of course, but your presence may reduce friction between us and the captain. If you don't wish to choose between the two groups, it may be to your benefit to come along."

Thalmor
2008-04-14, 11:39 AM
Trahan

Kronork, We would greatly welcome you as a brother. We also have no intentions of attacking this ship or its crew. I Just want to make sure neither of us is blamed for this unfortunate incident. Pausing Thrahan looks at each of his companions, he feels much closer to them now then when he first met them.

Well I guess we had best get this map back to Anya, so we can get the Anya's story, and hopefully some answers we have been looking for. With the last comment he turns and starts heading for Anya's cabin, over his sholder he tells Gil. It might be best if you keep that map hidden until we are in her Cabin.

Forum Explorer
2008-04-14, 04:59 PM
Alright, so you'll start the talking then? I don't thinks it is nessary to involve any more people at this point. Gil looks from face to face By the way thanks for helping me with this.

Skinshifter
2008-04-15, 04:08 AM
Kronork turns and listens to Edlyn, his face slowly changing from a mildly embarassed grin to a look of grim consternation. (OOC: Kronork Hawkwind's not a thinker, Kronork Hawkwind's a smasher!) When she finishes and Trahan begins, he snorts loudly through his nose and shrugs in something like agreement.

Thalmor
2008-04-15, 11:34 PM
Trahan

Now that the plan has been agreed upon Trahan proceeds to Anya's cabin with the other characters. And once getting there He says. Anya, I have figured what happened to your Maps/charts. He then explains to her about how Click was trying to impress his master and took the charts. Once I finish explain what happened I motion for Gil to produce the charts and give them to Anya.

The_JJ
2008-04-16, 06:29 PM
You find Anya on the deck, over seeing some sailors. After a moment she says That's who and why I guess. I'll tell you my story. You lot in my cabin now.