PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts concerning the other Resistances (speculations)

Chronos
2008-02-27, 10:46 PM
So, in the latest comic, we see high-ranking members of the other two resistance movements at the negotiating table. Also present are four interchangeable solidiers, presumably bodyguards for the negotiators. Well, I noticed that two of those guards are wearing purple highlights where the regular soldiers wear blue, and one of the negotiators also wears a purple belt. Presumably, then, the purple-belted soldiers are supporters of the eyepatched character, and they wear purple as a sign of their organization. Note also that the eyepatched leader is the one who's questioning Hinjo's legitimacy. Note further that Daimyo Kubota, who has a strong vested interest in questioning Hinjo's legitimacy, seems to have purple as his house color.

Does anyone else suspect that the anti-Hinjo movement left behind in the city might have been orchestrated by Kubota?

David Argall
2008-02-27, 11:10 PM
Unlikely. Lord Kubota has had little chance to set something like this up. He left the city assuming he would be back in a week or two, with Hinjo dead in "battle".
And he has had presumably zero contact with the city since. All in all, not much chance.
In theory, these could be some of his supporters who couldn't get a seat on the ships, but the purple leader is rather roguist, and thus presumably lower class, not a natural ally for the high noble. Of course, strange alliances are rather common, but it still doesn't fit well.

My bets are that Purple are largely a bunch of commoners who think all nobles are schemers and of course that means Hinjo was doing some scheming. Blue is a minor noble with a pride in being a noble, who has an intense loyalty to Hinjo, and thus a desire to blame the defeat on these foreigners.

someonenonotyou
2008-02-27, 11:37 PM
i say there just sick of blue so they wanted color change and i say good all the blue was making me sick

osyluth
2008-02-27, 11:41 PM
Perhaps they are wearing purple because Hinjo had blue hair, and they don't want to wear the assassin's hair? :tongue: