PDA

View Full Version : HellFencer's multiple left feet... [FEATS]

HellFencer
2008-02-28, 12:32 PM
Comments welcome!
HellFencer's multiple left feet... A project of less-than-epic proportions.

I'm going to use this thread as an ongoing project for my creations. Currently, this is to contain only feats for d20 systems, but I will expand it later to include many of my other homebrew projects.

Now, on to the feats!!!

D&D 3.5

Taste of Death
Jaws of Death
Deadened Heart
Vile Soul (coming soon)
Death Fury (coming soon)

D20 Modern

Wrestle Mania (made for Evil Dead:VTW)

In the future...

corpse builder feats (to modify your controlled undead)
graft feats
ritual feats (to give even joe schmoe some magic)

[Currently a work in progress. Please check back often to see it completed.]

P.S. I want to link my above list items to the posts below, but can't remember the bbcode for it. Can anyone help?

HellFencer
2008-02-28, 12:38 PM
D&D 3.5 feats

Taste of Death [general]
In coming close to shuffling off the mortal coil, one can gain a sense of death itself.
Prereq: Endurance feat. The character must also have been down to -9HP (see special) and survived the ordeal without dying.
Benefit:A character between -1 and -9HP (again, see special) now has a 20% chance to stabilize each round they are dying, instead of the normal 10%. Mindless undead also now have a 10% chance to ignore the character, confused by the slight taint of death.
Special: If using alternate rules for negative HP, the character must have been to one point away from death. If using -10 + CON mod (-13 for example), the character must get to -12HP before this feat is available.

Jaws of Death [general]
In one's journey through life, knowledge is acquired. The same can be said of death for those that know how to learn.
Prereq: Great Fortitude feat. Additionally, the character must have died and been brought back to life in some fashion, suffering some form of experience penalty, level loss, or permanent ability damage because of it.
Benefit: Whatever penalty the character received is now halved, and returned over the period of a week. Lost levels are converted to experience for this purpose. If a character would gain a level from the restored points, it does not occur until the week is up. If more than one level would be gained from these points, only one level per week can be restored in this way. Additionally, these restored points count against the one level you may gain in a session of play. The remainder of the penalties are seen as a taint upon the soul that confuses mindless undead. This results in a 10% chance of being ignored by them. This percentage stacks with that of the Taste of Death feat.

Deadened Heart [evil] [vile]
Through wicked and dark methods, one can learn to prolong life and increase self-preservation.
Prereq: Jaws of Death feat, CON 13
Benefit: Having died and returned from the grave, one can use necromantic power to stop and preserve one's heart. By perverting the body, blood is still pumped, though the pulse and body heat drop dramatically are are noticeable if looked for. Aging slows to 1/4th its normal rate, and the character grows pallid and sickly looking. Food & drink consumption, and sleep needed are reduced by 1/2. Wounds do not bleed like normal, causing them to staunch and stabilize a dying character at the earliest chance. This also means effects that cause damage over time from bleeding are negated as well. Spellcasters that specialize in necromancy find they need only have six hours of rest in order to regain spells.

HellFencer
2008-02-28, 12:39 PM
D20 Modern feats

Wrestle Mania [general]
You have spent much time in the ring, and have picked up some pointers.
Prereq: Brawl, CON 13
Benefit: +2 circumstance bonus on escape artist checks made while grappling, as well as a +2 morale bonus on all grapple checks. In addition, you may make a modified grapple check (1d20 + BAB + INT mod +2 (from this feat)) versus an opponent's modified grapple check (1d20 + BAB + STR mod (No modifiers for size)). If you beat the check, you have successfully sized up your opponent's ability and gain an additional +1 circumstance bonus to grapple checks versus him for the next 24 hours. There is no penalty for failing this check, though you must wait 24 hours to try again. The check requires a move equivalent action and does not provoke attacks of opportunity.