PDA

View Full Version : The Ptolus Urban Campaignn

WingedHorse
2008-02-28, 01:51 PM
While many delvers end their careers by dieing in action, some retire having found great riches and others just give up due to the dangers, Gibli Treefeet fits none of these categories. The halfling quit his mediocre adventuring career early and started a company to connect those with wealth to those with skill. Gibli only requires information on what needs to be done and what will be the reward and promises to take care of finding the right people to do the job and guarantees full anonymity to those who ask for that. When, unlike most thought it would, the Treefeet's agency began to actually fulfill it's promises, it quickly gained fame in some circles.

It's a warm summer morning when a courier, approaches you, seeming to recognize you from description. He offers you a scroll and leaves, implying that the sender had already paid the free. You begin reading the handwriting on the scroll.

Greetings.

In order to complete a task I've been assigned with the quality I guarantee to my clients, I'm in need of several experts on different areas of life. I've been informed that you are skilled and don't have any restraints so as it stands, I wish to hire you. In case you are interested, please visit my office on Earthday, Toil 21st, two hours after noon.

Yours,
Gibli Treefeet
Bell streer 18, Fairbriar, Midtown

Just a few hours later you find yourself wallking towards the mentioned location. At this time of the day, the streets of Midtown are full of life, couriers running through the streets, servants of the wealthy coming to take care of errands, a few groups of delvers already on their way to a tavern, all the common folk and the city watch patrols.

The atmosphere changes a little as you enter the Fairbriar, a neighbourhood in favor of Gnomes and Halflings. The streets are less crowded here, the houses vary in size - others suitable for humans and others much smaller - and the diversity of shops and taverns grows.

In the middle of Fairbriar runs the Bell street on which you see a very large - atleast compared to the two small houses on it's sides - building made out of red bricks. It being the warmest time of the summer day, the door is wide open. Inside of it you see a nice room with benches on the side, a few books on a table, a painting of two halfling in their fifties pehaps (it being hard to tell about halflings with their long lifespan, anyways, the two haven't quite reached middle age yet) - likely Gibble and his wife - hanging on the wall. There is also an counter but nobody stands behind it and a door leading further in.

After a short moment, a halfling woman in her late twenties (just a tad over having reached adulthood) opens the door to the next room, walks through it and closes it carefully behind her. "I'm sorry you had to wait. I think you are a few minutes early? But welcome. Mister Treefoot should be ready to see you in a moment but let's wait for the others to come...", she says and smiles playfully. "Oh, you are all here?" she asks and you look around that four others have entered nearly the same time as you have.

Uncle Festy
2008-02-28, 06:51 PM
Kyra walks down the streets of Ptolus, tossing the scroll up and down in one hand. He's singing a simple tune, quietly, to himself.
"Paper... is just like money... except it pays the bi-" His head jerks to the side. "Fredrick! That is not a nice thing to say to Steve! No, it does not matter that he said it first! And no, Steve, it doesn't matter if you actually are a hellspawn. Is it too much to ask to get you two to shut up?" He muses on this question for a moment. "Yeah. I guess it is."
((More to come later.))

ForzaFiori
2008-02-28, 08:15 PM
Eric walks the short distance from his in the Ghostly Minstrel to Gibli's shop, dressed in his usual earth tones, and a black cloak. His dagger and crossbow were at his waist. He turned his head from left and right as he walked, taking in Midtown, even though he had lived here for a while. His rise from the warrens never ceased to amaze him. He had learned from his time taking odd jobs at the Minstrel that it pays to be ready for anything. He spends the short walk wondering what the job is. With his scroll in hand, he walks into the shop, where he is invited into Mr. Treefeet's office, he glances at the others that have been summoned, and follows the young halfling.

Edit: On the way to the office Eric will also take 20 to gain Psionic Focus.

Edit 2: added a brief description of Eric. stuff u'd notice right off the bat.

((my color will be Dark Orange, I just felt no need to speak in the post.))

Kyroswolf
2008-02-28, 10:15 PM
Remy receives the courier with the same bland stare that greets most people who he meets. Reading the scroll, he looks for street signs. Confirming his location, Remy heads for his home. Once there he gathers his potion supply and his coin.

Thus supplied he heads for the assigned address. Remy easily blends into the crowd, his features being remarkable only for their blandness. His clothing is also of a cut and style that makes him fit in to almost any crowd. Twin short sword hang from his hips, deterring most nerdowells. As he nears his destination he falls in behind an individual that appears to be having a conversation with himself. "What kind of town is this becoming?"

WillWolf
2008-02-29, 04:27 AM
Casandra:

She walked with grace and dignity, smiling and nodding to both the commoners and the middle class alike (and of course courteous nods to any noble or aristocratic kind, who cared to look upon her), dressed in a minimalist robe of black-as-night woven cloth and a silver jewel upon her chest: a crescent moon embracing and encircling an eye (with a white jewel in the pupil).

When she entered, in her leisurely way (though still early), she smiled sweetly to the adult, and bowed her head with grace: "Oh think nothing of it, young miss." Ignoring the insanity of the man in front of him, he must be diseased in the brain to admit that he was hellspawn. "Oh what forces have thrust yourself upon you? The Goddess weaves her ever tightening rays of light upon your dreams. Will you awaken the greatness within you?" Quite literally the light bounced off her hair as moonlight does, despite the room being seemingly well lit by other forces. Let it be known that she was gorgeous.

((OOC: Yes, yes she is a Mary-Sue *groans* however clerics of good deities are hard to play as anything else.))

Uncle Festy
2008-02-29, 09:44 AM
((He didn't say he was a hellspawn, he said that his imaginary friend was. Of course, that's not much of an argument for his sanity...))
"Ah! Hello! My name is Kyra. It is good to make your acquaintance. These are my friends, Steve and Fredrick." He motions to the empty air to the left and right of him. "Does anyone know where our esteemed host is?"

wadledo
2008-02-29, 12:04 PM
Thorin looks around at the others, his face completly devoid of all emotion.
"Yes, we are." He says to the halfling woman, his deep voice monotone.
The 5' 4" dwarf stands comfortably in his heavy banded mail, the shield and rifle hanging easily off his back. His black hair cropped short to fit his mail and helmet that rests on a chair beside him, Thorin gazes blankly at each individual, his wide brown eye's not letting any thoughts escape.
"Kyra, why do you talk to the air."

Uncle Festy
2008-02-29, 01:20 PM
"Obviously," says Kyra, and leans in close, "because the air has ears." He then turns to his left. "Yes yes, ears, unnatural organs created for the sake of mimicking the sense of hearing, same difference."

Kyroswolf
2008-02-29, 03:13 PM
Remy's eyes each of the responders, taking in their first impressions. (thought)"A lunatic, a bimbo, a blowhard, and a buffoon. What have I gotten myself into?"(/thought)

To their hostess he responds, "If you expected 5 then we have arrived. Will we be waiting long?"

ForzaFiori
2008-02-29, 10:44 PM
((I must ask, which of those is Eric?))

wadledo
2008-03-01, 01:30 PM
"But if the air has ears, then would that not mean that something must occupy the space in between them."
Thorin continues to stare at Kyra, waiting for something other than a stopgap answer.

Uncle Festy
2008-03-01, 07:26 PM
"Of course. There is a mind between these two ears. Yes, yes, I know. It's in fact an unholy approximation of a mind. But my point still stands!"

WillWolf
2008-03-02, 12:25 AM
Casandra:

She sighed in a fairly dramatic way, and wished that this discussion about invisible people would stop. The man was severely insane as it stood, and he would much rather have this discussion go elsewhere rather than feed into his weird fantasies.

But what interesting dreams he must have...

Uncle Festy
2008-03-10, 07:50 AM
*Flogs the dead horse campaign*
Sooo...
Bump?