PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader vs. Azula

Brickwall
2008-02-28, 02:54 PM
Rules and clarifications:
1. The arena is a 100 foot-diameter ring with dirt as the ground.
2. Neither can leave
3. The time is permanently dawn/dusk-like, meaning firebending is at medium power.
4. Vader cannot use any powers he never used in the movies
5. No followers

My money is on Vader because he'd just Force Choke her. He loves that one. But I want to see what you guys think.

Lizard
2008-02-28, 03:11 PM
So Azula is new sauron?:smallbiggrin:

Darth Vader wins that one easily. He is in a metal armor, and big parts of his body is artifical which should make him pretty resistant to fire. Almost all of his force attacks are either undodgable or unblockable for azula, often both. Plus all that classic mojo of Jedis, prediction, heightened speed etc....
However, like Voldemort, he is far less competent and effective villain compared to her.

Gungnir
2008-02-28, 03:13 PM
Yeah, Force Choke for the win.

However, she might be able to swear fealty to him, then subvert all of his men into working for her with sheer lesbianism. Don't ask me how it works, but apparently that's what happened at Ba Sing Se.

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-02-28, 03:16 PM
The lasers from the blaster from Han Solo's pistol were hotter than fire, but I doubt lightning. Vader not only can reflect the blasts, I'm pretty sure I've seen him absorb some as well.

Rayzin
2008-02-28, 03:19 PM
Yeah, theres a key word Laser. I think that's alot hotter and concentrated than lightning seeing it can cut through diamond's and stuff which lightning cannot. So Darth vader's suit can take lightning.

EDIT:Maybe im wrong because of the Force lightning thing.
EDIT 2: FACE AZULA AGAINST SOMEONE SHE HAS A CHANCE OF BEATING!!!NOT VOLDEMORT OR DARTH VADER. maybe Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Supreme Evil
2008-02-28, 03:21 PM
Vader wins with his Force Choke.

Brickwall
2008-02-28, 03:42 PM
Well, in the case of being force-lightninged by the emporer, it is possible that he was simply not TRYING to block it. However, it is possible that he couldn't. Also, I would equate Force Lightning to the firebending kind, though Azula might not be as powerful as the Emperor (probably not, really, seeing as he's one of the most powerful Sith to ever live, and Azula isn't quite as good as Iroh or her father).

Also, on blasters: blasters in Star Wars are notably less effective than we'd expect them to be. A shot with a blaster seems to be around the same effectiveness as a shot with a bullet. Probably a combination of moderated energy output combined with a total inability to do collateral damage. Thus, we can probably assume that lightning is more powerful than a blaster. Fire we know can be deflected by any force user who tries.

More for Vader: supposing FC doesn't work for some reason, Vader is also a great duelist. While the technology used in the first 3 episodes did not allow for his full display of skill, he is still a very quick and very strong fighter, and could probably match Azula. Also, he uses a lightsaber.

Okay, yeah, this one was a bit unfair. Azula's got nothing except maybe the fact that she could mimic Padme and make Vader's emo side paralyze him.

...that would be hilarious.

WarriorTribble
2008-02-28, 04:25 PM
However, she might be able to swear fealty to him, then subvert all of his men into working for her with sheer lesbianism. Don't ask me how it works, but apparently that's what happened at Ba Sing Se.Someone posited the theory that the Dai Li thanks to being in a TV7 cartoon didn't have any racism or nationalism in their hearts and swore fealty to Azula simply because it would have allowed them to keep their political powers (they became #2 to the Fire Nation, but they've always been #2 to somebody).

Back on topic... Vader is like a top tier character from any fighting anime like Naruto or Bleach. Azula can't withstand such forces.

Helanna
2008-02-28, 06:13 PM
The problem with all the recent Azula threads is that they all pit her against opponents who have a variety of attacks, while simultaneously stripping her of her own strongest attacks - manipulation, threats, etc. How do we know that Azula can't use weapons anyway? We haven't seen it, but you never know. If Azula doesn't get weapons, Vader shouldn't have his lightsaber.

That said, I'm still gonna have to go with Vader. Although you would think lightning would affect him a little more - he's half machine, for crying out loud.

VanBuren
2008-02-28, 06:22 PM
Darth Vader finds her lack of faith disturbing.

The end.

Ubiq
2008-02-29, 03:58 AM
Vader takes this in a walk seeing as how he has his Force abilities.

Someone posited the theory that the Dai Li thanks to being in a TV7 cartoon didn't have any racism or nationalism in their hearts and swore fealty to Azula simply because it would have allowed them to keep their political powers

If the Northern Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, and Fire Nation are anything like real world institutions, their royal families are probably all related one way or another thanks to marriages of political convenience at some point during the past. Azula may well have some claim or other to the throne of the Earth Kingdom as a distant cousin of the Earth King that trumps any of the other potential candidates.

FoE
2008-02-29, 04:16 AM
So Azula is the new Sauron, is she? :smallsigh:

@V: Mine is way different. I added a sigh. :smalltongue:

Brickwall
2008-02-29, 11:56 AM
Azula and Vader find your lack of original post content disturbing.

*points to first reply*

GoC
2008-02-29, 12:17 PM
So Azula is the new Sauron, is she? :smallsigh:

Nah, Azula would beat Sauron.:smallwink:

FoE
2008-02-29, 12:54 PM
Here's the thing: Azula can only win with lightning. Darth Vader's armour would protect him from fireblasts, so Vader could just keep coming at her. She could, however, take him out with one lightning bolt; even if he survived the initial blasts, the electric shock would take out the cybernetic systems that keep him alive.

So the money is on Darth Vader, since Azula's lightning attack is damn slow. But Azula definitely has an edge in the 'who's the better villain' contest, because Darth remains at his core a good-hearted person, while Azula is gleefully and unrepentently evil.

WarriorTribble
2008-02-29, 01:15 PM
If the Northern Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, and Fire Nation are anything like real world institutions, their royal families are probably all related one way or another thanks to marriages of political convenience at some point during the past. Azula may well have some claim or other to the throne of the Earth Kingdom as a distant cousin of the Earth King that trumps any of the other potential candidates.Neighboring powers do intermarry, but I believe the 3 nations are a bit far away for such things. Not to mention for a relativly PC world we've seen absolutly no "mixed blood" characters. Aang and Kitara might very well be the first to ahem... create one. :smallsmile:

Caewil
2008-03-01, 01:02 AM
Erm, Vader's suit didn't reflect Han's blaster bolts. Vader used the force to absorb/redirect them. Fireblasts will be deflected, but not because of any special properties of the armour. As well, blaster bolts are PLASMA, not lasers.

On the other hand, Azula has lightning, to which Vader is especially susceptible due to his mechanical bits. In fact, Vader cannot redirect lightning.

So it really depends. How good is Vader at dodging lightning? He never seemed very fast in the movies, having more of a strong/slow style.

Rayzin
2008-03-01, 01:49 AM
Force Lightning versus bending lightning?

Sixscimitars
2008-03-01, 02:02 AM
I'd put my money on Vader. He could use the Force to deflect the fire, and use his lightsaber to keep Azula off-balance. He could also Force choke her.
Azula seems to be the new Sauron here, as said by Lizard. Seriously, Sauron I get, but Azula's just a short-to-mid-range high-damage Xanatos Gambit user. Compared to other main villains, she barely registers in terms of power.

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-03-01, 09:10 AM
Normally I would say that Vader can function for 5 minutes out of his suit living off of the force, but he never really showed that in the movies. He did do that in a book I read though...

Is there really a difference between lasers and plasma? But Vader has his lightsaber, and Azula has her fire weapons. Vader wins in the weapons department. Vader has the Force, and Azula has Firebending. Vader wins in the epic powers department. However this isn't really too unfair because they worked their entire lives to gain their powers. But it would help Azula to have more technology.

Gungnir
2008-03-01, 04:59 PM
You know, Zuko used to use knives he made out of fire... That's kinda like a lightsaber. Might make for a better fight if Azula tried that technique on for size, and if fire-knives connect with lightsabers.

Caewil
2008-03-02, 03:07 AM
That's kinda like a lightsaber. Might make for a better fight if Azula tried that technique on for size, and if fire-knives connect with lightsabers.

It wouldn't. Lightsabers are made up of ionised plasma bent into a coil using an electromagnetic field. The interaction between the fields is what gives 'sabers an ability to block each other and blaster bolts (also plasma in an EM field). Azula's fire isn't ionised and has no EM field - unblockable by a lightsaber. But it can't block a lightsaber either.