PDA

View Full Version : Jack of all trades BBEG (not gestalt)

Frosty
2008-02-28, 03:11 PM
If I wanted to created a Changeling recurring villain (who will level up along with the party) who is great at disguise and appearing in various guises to confuse the party, what route should I take? I want the party to be confuses as to

1) Who they're fighting
2) The exact abilities of the person they're fighting (which helps confuse the "who" question as well)

To that end, I immediately thought of Factotum and Chameleon. The question is, should he/she be a multiclass Factotum/Chamelon, or should the villain go straight Factotum? The Villain should start out at level 11 or 12, and will eventually become level 20.

Belial_the_Leveler
2008-02-28, 03:18 PM
The most confusing way to handle a BBEG is for it to be the Faceless. Greater Invisibility, Polymorph and Nondetection ensure that the group won't know anything about the BBEG-how does it look like, wether it is a meele monster or a caster or anything else.

Solo
2008-02-28, 03:18 PM
Have a Factorum/Chameleon and a Factorum BBEG and have them tag team every other encounter for more fun.

Frosty
2008-02-28, 04:01 PM
It might be fun...but I don't want this to be the only thing going on :smalltongue:

If you had to pick one from these choices, what kind of build would you say is better as a jack of all trades?

Thrawn183
2008-02-28, 04:28 PM
Factotum/Chameleon: one day he pretends to be a divine caster, one day an arcane caster, the next day a raging barbarian. I don't think a straight factotum will play differently enough on a day-to-day basis for you to keep changing things up. Though, I could be wrong.

SilentNight
2008-02-28, 11:17 PM
I don't know what factorums do but in my opinion Chameleon is your best bet. Perhaps you could have him take a dip in Cabinet Trickster(Races of Eberron). Also, when he is a melee fighter, give him a morphing weapon and have it change types every round, just for fun.:smallbiggrin: