PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation- Young Adult Body?

Collin152
2008-02-28, 07:10 PM
So, we all know that Reincarnation produces a young body for you to inhabit, thereby evading death by old age.
But suppose it was cast on a child or infant. They would be aged suddenly.
Wouldn't that cause severe mental trauma?
Certainly they couldn't function normally.
Thoughts?

Artanis
2008-02-28, 07:14 PM
So, we all know that Reincarnation produces a young body for you to inhabit, thereby evading death by old age.
But suppose it was cast on a child or infant. They would be aged suddenly.
Wouldn't that cause severe mental trauma?
Certainly they couldn't function normally.
Thoughts?
I think the trauma of dying would probably do plenty of damage on its own :smalltongue:

Collin152
2008-02-28, 07:17 PM
Naw, the dyings not so bad. You don't even remember it.

bibliophile
2008-02-28, 07:24 PM
Wait, reincarnation can be used to cheat old age, but true ressurection can't. That seems overpowered, even with reincarnation's randomness.

Toliudar
2008-02-28, 07:24 PM
Since their mental stats and abilities is unchanged, a small child would be disoriented, but would adapt. An infant would still be an infant, mentally. Since there are no stats for "baby", you get to play with what a baby in a 20-year-old's body can and can't do.

Compared to the disorientation of the 3.0 reincarnation, coming back as an eagle who instinctively knows how to fly. There are lots of situations in the game where what would be phenomenally difficult to deal with in "real life" has no mechanical in-game effect.

Kellus
2008-02-28, 08:20 PM
I think in a D&D world you would just sort of expect stuff like that to happen. It's like, "oh look at that, I'm an eagle now. I wonder what's for dinner".