PDA

View Full Version : Scratch-built D6 Concept RPG PEACH

GrandDukeJerot
2008-02-28, 09:12 PM
I'm working on a kind-of steampunk setting for this right now, with either little or no magic. There will be no classes, just ability trees. Everything is based off the D6, which is to let people just raid their monopoly sets and be completely ready to play.

You have 24 Build Points to put into all 8 of your Builds. One-to one ratio on stats, and can't have higher than a 5 in any stat. When the DM calls for a test for a certain stat, you roll D6's equal to your stat value. That way, there is a drastic change in ability if you have dump stats.

Strength: Physical strength, determines how hard one hits, and general physical power issues.
Toughness: How long you can last. Determines HP, stamina, whether you flinch after being hurt.
Dexterity: How accurate you are. Determines to hit in both range and meelee, and needed for hands-on work.
Agility: How quickly you react to things. Determines evasion, turn order, and hand-eye coordination.
Intelligence: Knowledge of typical academia for the campaign. To build traps and such, a high intelligence allows one to know what they are making. In more advanced campaigns, it would determine for repair, sabotage, and maybe even programming.
Wisdom: Knowledge of experience. Street smarts, inherent knowledge of how things work. Allows one to sense liars, expect traps, and do most things that a typical civillian should know.
Senses: Sight, Hearing, Smell, Tasting. This is used to search, to track, and to notice danger before characters have to throw down.
Sociability: How well the character can get along with others. Knowing how people tick allows characters with high sociability to bluff their way through situations, and pick up important freinds.

I'll put up the feat trees I have so far later, but I have other things to do first. If you guys could tell me what you think of the idea of using D6's, that would be great.