PDA

View Full Version : [Creatures] DUCK!!!

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-29, 12:05 PM
Nibbleduck Swarm

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/AwakenedDreamer/RandomStuff/Nibbleduck.jpg

Tiny Animal (swarm)
Hit Dice: 5d8 HD (22 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 30 ft. (poor), swim 10 ft.
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-
Attack: Swarm (1d6)
Full Attack: Swarm (1d6)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Distraction, underfoot
Special Qualities: Half damage from slashing and piercing weapons, low-light vision, swarm traits
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +2
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 5
Skills: Listen +7, Spot +7, Swim +4
Feats: Alertness, Endurance
Environment: Temperate Aquatic
Organization: Swarm, Badling (2-3 swarms), Flock (4-8 swarms)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

No one is quite certain what causes a nibbleduck swarm to form. Some say its from becoming crazed hunger, others say they are a special breed of carnivorous waterfowl. Whatever the reason they descend upon their unsuspecting prey and literally nibble them to death.

Nibbleducks are of all breeds and types, usually one swarm of the same flock, but on rare ocassions ducks of various flocks intermingle.

Combat
A nibbleduck swarm tends to circle from above, gauging their prey, and then plummet down and taking them by surprise.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature vulnerable to a nibbleduck swarm's damage that begins its turn with a swarm in its square is nauseated for 1 round; a Fortitude save (DC 12) negates the effect. Spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of a swarm requires a Concentration check (DC 20 + spell level). Using skills that involve patience and concentration requires a DC 20 Concentration check.

Underfoot (Ex): Trying to leave a nibbleduck swarm is difficult. Those within are automatically considered to be grappled, though the swarm cannot be grappled in turn. Trapped beings must make an opposed check to free themselves. A nibbleduck swarm is considered to be Large-sized, and uses their Dexterity modifier in place of strength and as such has a +9 modifier to their grapple check.

Skills: A nibbleduck swarm has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Razorbill Nibbleduck Swarm

http://www.ducks.org/media/_global/_images/waterfowlGallery/Muscovy%20Duck.jpg

Tiny Animal (swarm)
Hit Dice: 9d8+18 HD (58 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 20 ft. (2 squares), fly 40 ft. (poor), swim 20 ft.
Armor Class: 15 (+2 size, +3 Dex), touch 15, flat-footed 13
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/-
Attack: Swarm (3d6)
Full Attack: Swarm (3d6)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Distraction, underfoot, wounding
Special Qualities: Bloodthirsty, half damage from slashing and piercing weapons, low-light vision, swarm traits
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +5
Abilities: Str 5, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 8
Skills: Listen +10, Spot +10, Swim +5
Feats: Alertness, Endurance, Improved Natural Attack (swarm)
Environment: Temperate Aquatic
Organization: Swarm, Badling (2-3 swarms), Flock (4-8 swarms)
Challenge Rating: 6
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

Razorbill nibbleducks are the result of many generations of other nibbleducks interbreeding. These ducks instead of temporarily coming together to attack remain as a flock permanently and their bloodlust has been increased to a manic level

Razorbills appears as mishmash flock, sporting colors and types of a dozen different breeds of ducks. They are larger, leaner and in all ways more predatory than the lesser nibbleducks. Tiny, razor-sharp edges grow up from the edges of their bills and talons curve from their webbed toes.

Combat
Razorbill nibbleducks attack in much the same was as other nibbleducks, but a sort of hungry warbling sounds eerily from the flock whenever they spot their meals.

Bloodthirsty (Ex): A razorbill nibbleduck can detect blood in the water at four times the normal distance of scent.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature vulnerable to a nibbleduck swarm's damage that begins its turn with a swarm in its square is nauseated for 1 round; a Fortitude save (DC 16) negates the effect. Spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of a swarm requires a Concentration check (DC 20 + spell level). Using skills that involve patience and concentration requires a DC 20 Concentration check.

Underfoot (Ex): Trying to leave a nibbleduck swarm is difficult. Those within are automatically considered to be grappled, though the swarm cannot be grappled in turn. Trapped beings must make an opposed check to free themselves. A nibbleduck swarm is considered to be Large-sized, and uses their Dexterity modifier in place of strength and as such has a +13 modifier to their grapple check.

Wounding (Ex): A razorbill nibbleduck swarm deals 1 point of constitution damage from bloodloss each round their prey takes swarm damage.

Skills: A nibbleduck swarm has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Shishnarfne
2008-02-29, 12:13 PM
Wow... now to find an excuse to unleash the fury of the ducks on my players...

Unlike death by pirahna swarm, when being nibbled to death by ducks, you don't keep your dignity.

Nice one!

Stycotl
2008-03-01, 12:20 AM
that reminds me of one of the first campaigns i ever played in. my character was an assassin who was going to try to take out the king of some generic land. had the ability to polymorph, and a ring of dragonbreath of some weird, sonic variant.

so i transformed into a duck as the king was walking next to the ponds in his courtyard, and blew him to smithereens with one mean quack.

ad&d. the good old days.

Icewalker
2008-03-01, 03:05 AM
OH GOD! IT'S THE BIRDS 2! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH *runs off screaming

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-03-01, 09:32 AM
that reminds me of one of the first campaigns i ever played in. my character was an assassin who was going to try to take out the king of some generic land. had the ability to polymorph, and a ring of dragonbreath of some weird, sonic variant.

so i transformed into a duck as the king was walking next to the ponds in his courtyard, and blew him to smithereens with one mean quack.

ad&d. the good old days.
Haha! Nice :smallbiggrin:

Magnor Criol
2008-03-01, 10:55 AM
Ducks, though they can be nibbly at times, still aren't as plain vicious and nasty as geese. Man I hate geese.

I cannot truly describe geese here as the requisite adjectives would get me banned from the boards. Language censors, an' all.

Nice job as ever, though. The wounding ability of the Razorbill swarm is particularly gruesome (Editing nitpick: You forgot a period at the end of the Razorbill Nibbleduck Swarm's description paragraph.)

AKA_Bait
2008-03-01, 11:13 AM
All I can say is that these creatures already have a themesong (http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=8196)!

SurlySeraph
2008-03-01, 08:08 PM
Can you awaken swarms? Because an Awakened Razorbill Nibbleduck Swarm would be the best BBEG of anything, ever.

Arelia
2008-03-02, 10:17 AM
You know, I always create monsters and traps and things of this nature- So going in the next campaign I make, whenever THAT will be. Probably 4.0

That's just asking to be put in a signature. Or even just-

so i transformed into a duck and blew him to smithereens with one mean quack.
Yeah, that sounds even better.