PDA

View Full Version : Help

Demons_eye
2008-02-29, 09:08 PM
Well my dm is kinda evil. I want to cast Animate Dead, but every town is out of black onyx. Any help?

I am a level 6 cleric desert elf if that helps

Bag_of_Holding
2008-02-29, 09:18 PM
If your DM does not want you to use the spell, just don't. If the DM is, in fact, trying to make you more creative, then try some other methods such as 'researching for an alternative material component' or 'ask for a divine intervention through a complicated ritual' etc etc.

JellyPooga
2008-02-29, 09:19 PM
Well my dm is kinda evil. I want to cast Animate Dead, but every town is out of black onyx. Any help?

I am a level 6 cleric desert elf if that helps

Besides begging your DM to let you have some Black Onyx, I doubt there's much you could do in the short term...there are several ways to get "free" Animate Undead (e.g. the Pale Master PrC...but that's Arcane caster only), but they would require taking X PrC or Y Feat or whatever, so would take some time, if at all feasable...I get the impression that you're after a more short-term fix...?

Demons_eye
2008-02-29, 09:24 PM
The dm never out right says he dosent want me to use it. But when he knows I got a dire lion mount suman I II III and then some undead plus part members, Well I dont think he likes it. As to the divine intervention, when I asked about that once and he said roll and I asked for the moddifire he said geting to roll was good as it got.

Srry for spelling and grammer(?) but i dont have firefox

Zincorium
2008-02-29, 09:26 PM
Gonna have to agree that your DM is either trying to get you to not use animate dead (it can be problematic in some campaigns) or is only going to give it to you as a reward. Or he just doesn't think that you can buy pounds of gems in any podunk town in the campaign world.

Do not fight the DM, you've got one character and he's got an entire multiverse.

Demons_eye
2008-02-29, 09:31 PM
Well we've been in 3 citys, One A gaint town with a king and mage guild well no gems there. So besides muliti classing and geting feats and what not. No other way to get the gems/spell

FlyMolo
2008-02-29, 09:31 PM
Hey, neither do I. I should download that magic win button, firefox. :smalltongue:

But if the DM really doesn't want you to have animate dead, you are never going to get it. But if he/she would give up after sufficient effort on your part, a good place to start is building a magic item that makes black onyx or duplicates it for effects (possible...), researching a new spell which requires a different component (something you stockpile first, that can't get easily broken or melt or get wet.), and/or multiclass to Psion and research "create black onyx" as a power, or make a wand. Wands might work, actually.

Aquillion
2008-02-29, 09:33 PM
Even if you get the oynx or cheat the requirement somehow, a giant hand will fall from the sky and smack you.

Just talk to your DM to see what they object to about animate dead, and if they ever plan on letting you use it. If you made a character built around it, ask if you can retrain, at the very least.

Demons_eye
2008-02-29, 09:36 PM
Hmmm kk while I am at it anyone sugest spells for my guy to studie? Party of 3 but some times people leave or come back so it fluaxs(spelling?). And I am the healer buffer man.

DementedFellow
2008-02-29, 10:25 PM
My advice is that you start bugging your DM for something more cumbersome. Like a Golem. A Golem takes a lot of effort. So after you kill something, especially something supernatural, cut off a limb and stick it in a bag of holding, saying that you will make a flesh golem.

Dr Frankenstein is way cooler than the undead hordes anyway, so it's win-win. :smallcool:

Nebo_
2008-02-29, 10:54 PM
Srry for spelling and grammer(?) but i dont have firefox

*shudder*

Don't use that as an excuse. Learn to spell.

Demons_eye
2008-03-01, 04:03 AM
I also have a faulty key board its 4 a.m. here and I have a lesser case of dyslexia. So ya I know how but I cant do it.

Edit: What spell makes fleash golem?

Zincorium
2008-03-01, 04:40 AM
I also have a faulty key board its 4 a.m. here and I have a lesser case of dyslexia. So ya I know how but I cant do it.

:smallconfused: You just can't catch a break, can ya?

Edit: What spell makes fleash golem?

This feat (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#craftConstruct), also found in the monster manual page 303, and for the flesh golem you will need access to the following spells (either cast or from scrolls): Animate Dead, Bull's Strength, Geas/Quest, and Limited Wish. You'll also have to wait two more levels for the caster level requirement.

All in all, you aren't really wasting anything, as the prerequisites are fairly standard for an item crafting character, but it's not a path to go into lightly.

Unless you find or buy a Golem Manual (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#golemManual). That pretty much just does it all for you.

Demons_eye
2008-03-01, 04:50 AM
Wel its my fault for beening up so late....

Can players take monster feats?

Zincorium
2008-03-01, 04:55 AM
Wel its my fault for beening up so late....

Can players take monster feats?

As long as they meet the prerequisites and the feat does not have [monstrous] after it, yes. The only reason (and it's not really a good one) that craft construct is in the monster manual is that it's only possible uses involve making things in that book.

By this logic, craft magic arms and armor should be in the DMG, but hey, I didn't write it.

In any case, you need the craft construct feat to make Golem Manuals, so obviously it was intended to be used by PCs in that regard, otherwise they'd be minor artifacts or something.