PDA

View Full Version : [Avatar d20 Project] Autumn Twilight IC

Shades of Gray
2008-02-29, 09:24 PM
It is an average day for you. You’re ` in the town of Ten-Shi, an average sized town. It is a cool autumn morning, the trees flying around in small gusts. Rain basins are all full, from yesterday’s thunderstorm. The town is hard at work. A group of musicians is performing, coupled with a firebending dancer. There is as small tip jar. It is an average day until...

Read appropriate Narrative

Gin
You are getting rid of the mud stuck in someone’s house because of the storm. You exit and see a group of ten firebenders. One of them cries “get that earthbender". They grab you before you can react, and bring you into the center of town, they create a ring of fire around you and dozens of others, all of foreign origins..

Yun
You were watching the dancers at this time, suddenly one of the musicians pulls out a knife “come quietly old man” he then yells “I found an airbender here, captain Shu will be happy at this one”. One of the musicians fire a blowpipe at you, you go unconscious. Minutes later, you find yourself within a ring of fire, with other foreigners.

Han
You were sitting in your house, enjoying some tea. You hear a knock on your door. A soldier stands there and says, “Soldier Han, you have been conscripted to serve the glorious fire nation once more. Come to the center of town in ten minutes. To be safe you bring your weapons to the center of town". Alarms are blaring, Lieutenant Jeshin stands in front of a large ring of fire surrounding dozens of foreigners, maintaining control of it. “Pleasure to have you serving again, Han, go capture any foreigners, under order of Lord Sozin, I will maintain control of this ring, bring any foriegners here”

Lee
You broke into the lieutenant’s house in the town, as he was gone rounding up foreigners. A piece of cake opening the lock, and you didn’t bother sneaking around as the lieutenant wasn’t around. Big mistake. A large howler-dog is lying on the floor. It starts barking at an incredible volume. A fire nation soldier bursts in, “Stop, Thief!” you try to escape, but the soldier surrounds you with fire. The soldier grabs you by the shirt and drags you into the center of town. You are put into a large ring of fire with foreigners of all origins. At least you got a couple of coins.

Okku
A small child with a hurt ankle lies on the ground. You walk up to him and put your hands over his ankle, healing him. “Get the bender!” you hear someone cry. A man grabs you and gives you a swift punch to the chest. The child runs away screaming. You are dragged into a large ring of fire with dozens of foreigners of all different origins.

“You are all here in this ring because of your origin, this is war. You will all be deported to your countries, there is no need for alarm”
Another man says “Then why are there alarms!”
“Conratulations, you just lost your right to speak”, “All of you”

The Maverick
2008-02-29, 10:46 PM
Lee rolls his eyes as a random member of their little crowd antagonizes the guard. "There's one in every crowd," he thinks to himself. Lee nonchalantly turns around and begins surveying the people gathered inside the ring and the ring itself, looking for a good place to jump out if need be. "A war huh? Sounds like something I don't want to get involved in..."

jagadaishio
2008-02-29, 10:57 PM
Okku

Okku sits calmly among the crowd in the flaming circle, rubbing his chest where he was punched and wincing slightly. He looks around to see if anyone was injured in their arrest. They certainly weren't gentle with him.

Shades of Gray
2008-02-29, 11:08 PM
There is an earthbender with a large gash in his chest. He's coughing up blood. It is fairly obvious he tried to resist arrest.

The young airbender who made the comment about alarms is getting plenty of angry eyes.

Colt
2008-02-29, 11:15 PM
Gin picks himself up from where he was tossed, and quickly looks around to see how many guard there are, to see exactly how much trouble he's in. As he looks around, he turns to whoever is next to him and smiling oddly says "My My, looks like we're in a spot of trouble. Wouldn't want anyone to get burned. That fire looks hot."

Spot [roll0]

Pirate_King
2008-02-29, 11:16 PM
Han

So it's happening. Sozin is declaring war. Han surveys the prisoners and addresses his Lieutenant .Sir, to what port are we sending these deportees?

OOCwhat can I tell about the people in the ring?

Shades of Gray
2008-02-29, 11:21 PM
A soldier looks at Gin. It feels hot too! No talking! says one of the soldiers. He moves his portion of the ring closer to Gin.

Han only [DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE NOT HAN!]

The lieutenant whispers, "Due to the circumstances, most of these people will be killed, the benders. None of them are getting deported, except the children." he smirks.

There are roughly 30-40 of them in the circle. Mostly earthbenders, a few waterbenders, and only a couple of airbenders. There are 5 fire nation.

jagadaishio
2008-02-29, 11:21 PM
Okku

Okku moves over to the injured earthbender as best he can without drawing too much attention to himself. Drawing water out of one of his waterskins, he tries to heal him as best he can.

Okku takes 10 with his Healing Waters seed and focuses for a full round before he begins, granting him a result of 34.

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2008-02-29, 11:24 PM
The earthbender whispers "Th-th-thank y-y-ou.. Only a large scar remains. He moves to the center of the group, so the fire nation won't see his wound healed.

The Maverick
2008-02-29, 11:27 PM
Struck by a sudden idea, Lee scans the crowd for anyone who is obviously a bender.

Spot Check [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2008-02-29, 11:31 PM
Congratz, you scan out most of the waterbenders (6, including Okku), a large amount of the earthbenders (12, including Gin), two airbenders (one of which is Yun), and one firebender. Everyone else is probably a foreigner.

Colt
2008-02-29, 11:33 PM
(OOC: Any results on the spot check?)

Gin backs away from the imposing fire, before sitting down and leaning back on his arms.

Shades of Gray
2008-02-29, 11:38 PM
(OOC: Any results on the spot check?)

Gin backs away from the imposing fire, before sitting down and leaning back on his arms.

sorry, there are 16 fire nation, 12 are focusing on keeping the fire ring. There are 4, disciplinary officers, walking around the area, carrying whips made of fire. There is also lieutenant Jeshin and a guard carrying twin dao.

The Maverick
2008-02-29, 11:40 PM
Smiling, Lee slowly makes his way over to the nearest earthbender. Leaning over he mutters, "Psst! Hey buddy, you wanna get outta this ring as much as I do?"

Shades of Gray
2008-02-29, 11:43 PM
The earthbender looks at you, if he was talking he would probably be sarcastic. He earthbends pebbles on the ground and spells,"how can I trust you, fire nation"

The Maverick
2008-02-29, 11:46 PM
Grinning, Lee mutters, "Cause I wanna get out of here as badly as you do pal. You think they shoved me in here cause I looked at em funny? I'm a theif, all this attention isn't good for my nerves."

OOC
Not sure if this requires a diplomacy check, if so, just say the word.

Shades of Gray
2008-02-29, 11:50 PM
He spells "All right, but you have to spring my brother" He bends an arrow towards a man that looks obviously related.

"What do I have to do"

The Maverick
2008-02-29, 11:57 PM
"Simple. As quietly as you can, get together as many of your earthbending buddies as you can get, and any other benders you can convince. When I give the signal, each of you try to put one or two of these guards bending this fire around us off balance with your crazy rock magic. These guys can't be that good at firebending if it takes so many of em to keep this thing up. That should throw them off and make the wall drop. Then in the ensuing chaos me, you, and your brother can all make a break for it. I doubt these high and mighty town guards are expecting a coordinated attack like that! It'll take em completely by surprize!"

Shades of Gray
2008-02-29, 11:59 PM
He spells "Or maybe you are an inside man, and this is planned. You could be working for them, getting an excuse for another punishment"

Roll Diplomacy.

The Maverick
2008-03-01, 12:05 AM
"You think these guards are really that smart?"

Diplomacy Check [roll0]

Pirate_King
2008-03-01, 12:08 AM
I thought as much Right. I'll rout out any others Han left the square, and, as soon as he was out of sight of Jeshin and his guards, made his way to the top of one of the surrounding buildings. Making sure to stay out of sight, he hurled 3 smoke bombs to the general area around the ring, hoping to distract the benders maintaining it as well as giving the prisoners some cover. RAIN BASINS! he shouted, attempting to alter his voice.

OOC

If I need hide check and bluff checks here,
hide [roll0]
bluff[roll1]
let me know if I need to be more specific in my smoke bomb throws.

The Maverick
2008-03-01, 12:13 AM
I'm gonna roll a Spot Check to see if I can spot spot the bombs mid-flight, and if so where they came from. Spot Check [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2008-03-01, 12:22 AM
He spells "Hmm, that makes some se- what's with the smoke. Oh well time to escape"

His brother runs up to him and said, "let's fight back, with the smoke as a distraction we could defeat them right now. Ah, I see you met my brother" he says to Lee.

Waterbenders draw the water from the basins and douse the fire ring, while some earthbenders smother it with mud. The fire ring is now gone. Most make a run for it. 15 benders remain.

You hear whooping cries from all around. 5 people dressed in dark clothing burst out of their hiding places. One stands next to Han Nice job, he then manipulates air currents and gets down nto the fight.

The alarms go off once more. More soldiers arrive. There are now 30 soldiers in the way, not to mention the lieutenant himself.

Jenshin looks at Han "Oh how the mighty have fallen, I'll handle this traitorous worm, the rest, handle the crowd.

initiative
Han: Surprise
Okku: [roll1]
Gin: [roll2]
Lee: [roll3]
Yun: [roll4]
NPC(enemy): [roll5]
NPC(Allies): [roll6]
Jenshin: [roll7]

Han: 1st
NPC(Allies): 2nd
Jenshin: 3rd
NPC(enemy): 4th
Gin:5th
Lee:6th
Okku:7th
Yun:8th

I will do a round summary after everyone has posted.

General info on battle:
30 soldiers.
Lieutenant

vs.

15 prisoner-benders. including the two earthbenders Lee met. The earthbender Okku healed ran away.
5 mysterious dark clothed people.
You five.

The Maverick
2008-03-01, 12:47 AM
"Ha ha! Yes he's quite the conversationalist!", Lee responded over his shoulder to the earthbender's brother as he launched a fireblast at the nearest guard. This was going to be a very interesting day.

I'm going to bed for now. If by some chance I don't post for a while and you need to continue through the next round, Lee will try to stay behind the benders and shoot fireblasts at any guard he can see.

Firebending Check for Fireblast: [roll0]
Attack Roll for Fireblast: [roll1]
Damage for Fireblast: [roll2]

Colt
2008-03-01, 08:53 AM
Standing, Gin smiles at the closest man and mutters "Things are getting complicated" Then, gathering some stone from the area ahead of him, he wraps it around his arm before shooting it out like a spear at the nearest guard.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Would a version of Rock spear be possible that did both damage and the bull rush? Perhaps DC 25? Also, do I get to add Str mod to Rock Spear like i do with Rock Blast? Sorry, I'm still a little new to the system, as I'm sure most of us are.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-01, 09:02 AM
OOC: It's okay. I actually am pretty new as well.

I've decided to make rock spear a bit more powerful.

Gin's Rock Spear

DC: 25.
1) No attack roll, as it is a line spell.
2)The enemy makes reflex.
3) Deals piercing damage if they fail both or the second.
4) Bull rushes if the fail the first.

Damage is earth blast damage, yes you can add your strength.

Also: You can choose to have one effect (The pierce or the bull rush), at DC 15.

@Colt, so you are using the damage version? I'll disregard the attack roll.

Pirate_King
2008-03-01, 09:40 AM
Han

The mighty have indeed fallen. Sozin's war is against the wishes of Avatar Roku! It goes against the spirit of our Nation! Fire is the power of life, not of destruction. You would bring disgrace to our mighty nation by bringing about the deaths of those who have been our neighbors for hundreds of years? You are the traitor here, a traitor to the Avatar, to the Nation, and to the Fire you claim to control.

Han draws his twin dao as he leaps down and charges at the smug lieutenant, and slashes at him, holding the twin dao together as a single blade.

Charges at the Jeshin and attacks. Note that my AC should be 20, now, +1 dodge bonus against Jeshin, though it will be 18 until my next turn because of charging. In my next round, I'll probably separate the Dao, to bring my AC to 21 against jeshin, 20 against everyone else.
attack:
damage:[roll]1d8+3
confirm crit:[roll2]

Pirate_King
2008-03-01, 09:42 AM
sorry, accidentally rolled d20 for damage, tried to fix it... didn't think I'd make this mistake online...[roll0]

Colt
2008-03-01, 09:54 AM
Yup, i'm trying the damage version. I just realized I forgot to do a Earth Bending check. [roll0] and it'll be 4 damage if it hits, after the +1 for the Str mod.

jagadaishio
2008-03-01, 01:59 PM
Okku

If any of the enemy firebenders are separated from the group, Okku moves towards them and attacks with a nonlethal unarmed strike. Otherwise, he uses a nonlethal unarmed strike against the nearest enemy firebender while fighting defensively. He keeps an eye out for anyone who's badly injured.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Darkbane
2008-03-02, 12:13 AM
Yun

An ageing airbender looks around at the battle brewing around him."Now look, you firebenders: this isn't your fight. You're soldiers, I understand that. But you have homes, families...no one wants to hurt you," he says, an edge of fear creeping into his voice. "We, too, have homes, families, people we love. Now if we can all just stop for a moment, I'm sure we can resolve this without anyone getting HURT." With the last word, he opens the small tail fin on his staff and, with an elegant sweeping motion, flings a ball of air and dust at the nearest opponent.

Taking ten for a result of 26 (+1 for using the staff). I'm combining Air Blast with the Dust Cloud use of Particles, to create a cloud of dust centered on whoever I hit.

[roll0]
No damage unless my target is close to a wall or something. Really sorry I took so long to post; I didn't know I wouldn't be able to get on the computer for a few days.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-02, 01:25 PM
Han's Dao strikes Renshin in his arm, opening a large cut.

The allied benders all use a variety of bending styles and abilities. Ranging from earth columns to ice weapons. 4 enemy fire nation soldiers fall amidst this chaos.

Jenshin attacks with his scythe at Han, swings it in a vertical arc, coming down and hitting han in the shoulder with his scythe. (Dealing 7 damage)

The fire nation strikes back, killing 3 allied benders with various techniques.
A fire nation halberd strikes into Gin. (dealing 16 damage with a crit:smalleek: )

Lee and Yun dodge their foes. A fire blast hits Okku, dealing 3 damage.

Gin's spear knocks one bender into a wall, and stabs another bender through the chest.

Lee's blast hits the soldier Gin hit, killing him.

Okku punches a soldier in the face.

Haugh! Ptui! screams a soldier, with a mouth full of dust. Yun knocks him into another soldier, knocking them both down.

Round Summary:
5 soldiers killed.
3 allies killed.
5 damage dealt to Jenshin.
7 damage dealt to Han. (minus DR if any)
16 damage dealt to Gin (minus DR if any)
3 damage dealt to Okku

Force Summary
Enemy: Jenshin
25 soldiers

Allies: 12 allied benders, 5 dark clothed benders, and you 5.

Good round everybody.
@V Woops, his name is Jenshin.

Pirate_King
2008-03-02, 05:26 PM
Han

Han winces as his opponent's scythe skids off of his armor and bits into his upper arm. I'll have you for that one, you pup!he shouts as he separates his Twin Dao, using it as it was meant to be used.

At 23 HP (DR 2/-). Using both Dao gives me a +1 to AC for TWF, and I'm still applying dodge to Jenshin (Renshin?) bringing my AC against him to a total of 21. Han makes a full attack
atk 1 [roll0]
confirm 1 [roll1]
dmg1 [roll2]
atk 2 [roll3]
confirm 2 [roll4]
dmg 2 [roll5]

wow. I like how both my confirms would make it a double crit, and yet both of my attacks almost certainly missed

jagadaishio
2008-03-02, 05:37 PM
Okku

If the soldier that Okku hit is still standing, he once again punches him. Otherwise, he moves to another soldier and hits him.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Shades of Gray
2008-03-02, 05:46 PM
He's still standing.

Oh and on your spot check you see that Gin is severely injured. Very injured.

jagadaishio
2008-03-02, 06:01 PM
In that case, as soon as the soldier which he is in melee with is dropped, Okku will move over to Gin and try to help him.

The Maverick
2008-03-02, 06:40 PM
Laughing as he is caught up in the heat of the fight, Lee looses a fireblast at the guard attacking him.

This is attack is assuming the guard that attacked Lee is still alive, if not it would be directed at the next nearest guard.

Firebending check for fireblast: [roll0]
Attack roll for fireblast: [roll1]
Damage for fireblast: [roll2]

Also I'm going to declare Dodge on the guard nearest me, giving me an AC of 16 for that guard. Finally, as a note, Lee is going to attempt to Deflect any ranged attacks (if any) directed at him or any friendlies within 10 feet.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-02, 07:00 PM
In that case, as soon as the soldier which he is in melee with is dropped, Okku will move over to Gin and try to help him.

By "help" do you mean heal or fight his target?

jagadaishio
2008-03-02, 07:09 PM
By "help" do you mean heal or fight his target?

Heal if he can get into a position where he isn't threatened by any of the soldiers, participate in fighting his target if he is threatened. He only uses nonlethal unarmed strikes, of course.

Colt
2008-03-02, 08:16 PM
Gin looks at where he got hit, then steps back and throws up a wall of stone in front of him for some defense.

Bending [roll0]
Attempting to create a Stone Wall in 2 squares. Position them so that they are between me and the guards. DC: 14

Darkbane
2008-03-02, 09:21 PM
Yun

Yun looks around him, anger growing in his eyes."Stop this!" he shouts, flinging a blast of dust at the leader.

5-foot step to get out of AoO range, and then fling another Dust Cloud/Air Blast, this time at Jenshin. I take ten for a result of 26, and the roll is high enough that I can also increase the radius of the dust cloud to 15 ft. instead of ten.
[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2008-03-02, 10:21 PM
Han and Jenshin both miss their attacks. Lost your touch eh traitor?

The allied benders dispatch 3 enemies. One of the dark-clothed benders fires of a blast of fire, killing another. One of the dark-clothed benders hits the guard Okku is fighting on the back of his head with a club.

The fire nation again launches a myriad of attacks, killing 3 allies.
All of you manage to dodge the attacks of the fire nation.

Lee hits a guard with his blast, who is quickly dispatched as the earthbending brothers team up and send a large boulder at him. You see a giant crater in the ground. The younger brother says "Nice blast, mine's bigger he winks as he sends it hurtling into another soldier.

Okku rushes to Gin, and heals him for 8 damage.

A dark-clothed bender stands in front of Okku, This is war, treat it like one. he thrusts a bone shortspear into Okku's hands (as in giving it to him, not stabbing him:smallbiggrin: )

Yun's blast of dust is dispersed by an allied airbender who was using air to get up after being knocked prone. The same annoying kid who made that crack about the alarms. He sure is a pest.

Round Summary
Gin healed for 8 damage.
6 fire nation killed.
3 allies killed.

Force Summary
Enemies:
19 Fire nation
Jenshin

Allies:
9 allied benders. 5 dark clothed benders.
you five

jagadaishio
2008-03-02, 10:39 PM
Okku

Taking 10 without focusing for a full round before hand:
[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2008-03-02, 10:48 PM
Is that your action this round, if so you have to make a roll for lat round. If it is for last round, then go on ahead and make an action for this round

jagadaishio
2008-03-02, 10:50 PM
Okku

"I'm a doctor," says Okku coldly, stowing the spear in his belt. He then takes a look around to see if anyone has been dropped by an attack but is still clearly alive.

[roll0]
That's a double move action this round, so he would move to stabilize any such person next round.

jagadaishio
2008-03-02, 10:51 PM
Is that your action this round, if so you have to make a roll for lat round. If it is for last round, then go on ahead and make an action for this round

That was for last round.

Pirate_King
2008-03-03, 12:44 AM
Han

I'm just warming up! Han's blades swing rapidly, deflecting Jenshin's awkward scythe and try for another opening.

again.
atk1 [roll0]
confirm 1 [roll1]
dmg 1 [roll2]
atk 2 [roll3]
confirm 2 [roll4]
dmg 2 [roll5]

Now that's what I'm talking about, crit and a half! unless a 16 doesn't confirm...

The Maverick
2008-03-03, 01:55 AM
Lee chuckles at the younger brother's comment and responds, "It's not the size of your blast that counts, it's how you bend it!" With a flourish Lee draws a dagger from his belt and coats the blade with flame!

Blades of Flame Firebending check (DC 10): [roll0]

Unfortunately that all counts as a double move action, so I'll just declare Dodge again on whichever guard is closest to Lee.

Colt
2008-03-03, 07:12 PM
Gin smiles at the waterbender, and says "Thanks for that, getting burned isn't very fun, I'm afraid.", he then punches at his walls and throws out a column of stone from the other side.

Bending (Column) [roll0]
Attempting to squish a guard between the column and a wall. Aim as required. Here's the 4d6 damage if it's needed [roll1]

Darkbane
2008-03-04, 04:16 PM
Yun

Yun flings another ball of dust, trying to cause as much confusion as possible while not hurting anybody.

I'll simply fire another Dust Blast, using my five-foot step to get out of melee range of anyone nearby.
[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2008-03-04, 04:53 PM
Han slices two parallel lines in jenshin's chest. So I see... (17 damage, he's almost done!)

A fire nation longsword hits Lee from his blind spot. (critical, deals 16 damage, DR factored) A fire blast strikes okku in the shoulder (dealing 2 damage).

Jenshin cuts into Han's leg (8 damage without DR) But I'm better.

The allied benders and the fire nation each kill 3 of each other's numbers. One allied bender is healed by another allied bender and gets back up. The older earthbending brother dispatches two fire nation with his boulder. The younger brother says Hey Lee, hang in there! he blasts the soldier who hit Lee.

Gin crushes a fire bender into the wall. He dies from the force.

Okku sees Lee in extreme pain. Suit yourself, it's your funeral hehehe. the bender torches a fire nation soldier.

Yun blinds his foe. He stumbles backwards and get's his foot stuck in a rain bucket, he then topples over.

Round Summary:
Han deals 17 damage to Jenshin.
Jenshin trips Han (made opposed strength for you to speed things up)
5 fire nation killed.
3 allies killed.
One foe incapacitated.

Force Summary
11 fire nation.
Jenshin

you 5.
7 allied benders.
5 dark-clothed.

jagadaishio
2008-03-04, 05:22 PM
Okku

Okku moves over to Lee and, assuming that he can get into a position where he can heal without being threatened by any nearby soldiers, heals Lee. If he can't get into such a position, he punches the nearest person who would stab him in the back if he tried to heal Lee.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
If the attack roll for the punch is a 20, here's the confirmation roll:
[roll3]

The Maverick
2008-03-04, 06:35 PM
All Lee can manage is a startled "Hurgh!" as he reels from the guard's blow. Stupid stupid! That's what you get for being flashy! Stumbling back Lee strikes a defensive stance, holding his still firey dagger loosely in front of him.

Lee is completely on the defensive this round, by declaring my Dodge on the guard nearest to Lee, that gives me an AC of 19 to all the guards and 20 on the guard I've got Dodge on. The only other thing I'm gonna do is spend a swift action to keep Blades of Flame going, not sure if that needs a skill check, but just in case:

Blades of Flame Firebending Check: [roll0]

Pirate_King
2008-03-04, 07:54 PM
can you do damage and trip at the same time? Wouldn't make any sense to not trip if you could, since it's touch...also, when you say without DR, do you mean you didn't calculate it, or I don't get it against that attack?

Han gets back on his feet, attempting to block any Jenshin's attacks on his way up as best he can. His dao spin in his hands, and he thrusts them both down towards Jenshin's chest as a single blade.

getting up and provoking an attack of opportunity, attacking with dao as single sword. AC down to 20 against Jenshin, 19 to anyone else.
atk [roll0]
confirm [roll1]
dmg[roll2]

EDIT: well, so much for that dramatic moment

Shades of Gray
2008-03-04, 08:02 PM
Woops, yeah, no damage from trip. Sorry, I'll edit the post.

Colt
2008-03-05, 09:22 AM
Gin crouches behind his other wall, gathers the stone from it around his arm and fires it off towards the nearest guard. "Pierce him!"

Bending (Stone Spear) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Darkbane
2008-03-08, 12:08 PM
Yun

Yun slaps the ground with his staff, flinging a spray of dust at Jenshin's eyes.

...Huh. I was sure I had already posted my actions for this round. Sorry for the holdup. Taking ten and using Particles (Blind).
[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2008-03-08, 01:03 PM
Jenshin strikes Han, knocking him to the ground again. He raises his scythe high about to strike. Suddenly a rock the size of a fist knocks into the scythe, knocking the scythe into the top of a three story building. The scythe's chain hangs Jenshin from the scythe lodged in the wall.

A dark clothed earthbender stands there beside Han. He fires off severall earth blasts, dispatching some of the soldiers. The rest of the benders dispatch the remaining soldiers. The earthbender speaks, raising a platform of earth under Han and him.

Today we stopped the Fire Nation from slaughtering dozens of our people! Today we halted their war efforts! Today we made them pay! All of this is because of this man. He grabs Han's arm and thrusts it into the air. This man is responsible for our success! I ask you, who else will fight against the fire nation threat! I ask you, who will join the Fire Rebellion!

We will help says the younger brother, the older brother nods.

The other benders decline, and are lead out of the town by the benders.

What about you four, will you strike back!

jagadaishio
2008-03-08, 01:58 PM
What about you four, will you strike back!

Okku

Okku puts up his hands and gives a slight wincing motion with his shoulders. "I'm a doctor, not a warrior. I am willing to go with you if it means helping injured people, though. Considering what happened here, you'll probably need a healer."

Okku says this while searching through the bodies of people strewn everywhere. Anyone in critical condition, he stabilizes with the use of the heal skill. After everyone who's still alive is stabilized, he uses the water in the rain barrels to refill his waterskins, and then apply 3d6+1 points of healing to all of the non-soldiers. He then does a second and third round on any of those individuals not brought back to full by the first session of healing, restoring 2d6+1 and 1d6+1, respectively.

After this is done, Okku heals all of the allied benders who weren't rendered unconscious, restoring 3d6+1 HP to anyone that he didn't heal before and 2d6+1 to anyone he has healed once before.

He is taking 10 with all of his Healing Waters waterbending checks.

If I should make more rolls, please tell my just how many are needed. I'm going to list one roll for everyone in the party, but if any of the people are at full health, assume that I didn't actual use the seed on them at all.
Okku:
[roll0]
Lee:
[roll1]
Gin:
[roll2]
Yun:
[roll3]
Han:
[roll4]
Okku's first order of business is getting injured allies mobile. After that, he can work with healing everyone while they move elsewhere, if they do in fact need to get moving shortly. All of this healing, and I mean for everyone not just the five in the party, shouldn't take more than fifteen minutes.

Darkbane
2008-03-08, 06:18 PM
Yun

"Strike back? No. I'll help these people here. If you can free anybody else, I'll help them escape too. But strike back? Look at all of these people here," he says, gesturing to the bodies nearby. "Yes, some of them fought against us. But those people had families, had lives. What right have we to take that away from them? And some of these people were innocent bystanders. If you wish for me to help people escape, I will gladly aid you. But I cannot condone this slaughter."

Pirate_King
2008-03-08, 09:44 PM
Han

Jenshin hung, as in by the neck? or is he just kind of hanging onto the scythe so he doesn't fall?

Han pulls his arm free of the resistance leader.I would have hoped to defend my nation's honor, but it would seem our lord is blinded by our prosperity, and his servants are drunk with the power of their element Han sighs, reflecting on his place in his country. I am a soldier. I fight to protect my people. I will join your resistance, but as a defender. I know the cruelties of war; I will not subject the civilians of any nationality to the brutality you can expect from these marauders that would call themselves firebenders. If you turn out to be just as merciless, I'll introduce you to my blades.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-08, 09:57 PM
Jenshin hung, as in by the neck? or is he just kind of hanging onto the scythe so he doesn't fall?

Hanging from his scythe.

Do not worry, we aren't hypocrites. We will attempt to counter the mat every opportunity. This fight was bloody, yes, however these situations don't come up often. We generally attack at night, and hinder their forces, stealing supplies and all.

He turns to Lee.

I saw you earlier, in the lieutenants house, you were pretty good, should you join you would be very useful, young one.

What do you say, earthbender. I must say, that spear attack was powerful, maybe you could teach me that trick. he smiles at the last part.

Pirate_King
2008-03-09, 12:18 AM
Han

That settles that, then. So what do we do with this guy? Han thumbs toward the Lieutenant.

Colt
2008-03-09, 07:48 AM
"So, everyone's getting all excited over this. My, my, my, well, I suppose I don't have a lot of choice." Says Gin as he slowly walks towards the man, giving him his persistent smile, "I will be needing to do something for the duration of this war, and there's no sense in being foolish about it. As for my for my bending, I don't share my knowledge with people I barely know. My forms might not like that."

Darkbane
2008-03-09, 01:14 PM
Yun

"Very well, then. I shall help you in this war." Yun walks over to the base of the building Jenshin is hanging from and calls up to him. "Without us, your chances of survival are slim. Surrender, and we can help you get down. I wish to avoid anymore bloodshed."

The Maverick
2008-03-09, 09:33 PM
Lee stood in deep thought while the earthbender on the platform gave his speech, frowning at the ground. Well that was the straw that broke the platypus bear's back wasn't it? Geez you get caught by one guard and the next thing you know you're involved in the opening skirmish of the resistance movement. Those were soldiers we just fought, you can't just go back to the life of a simple theif after fighting the army now can you? Upon hearing his name mentioned Lee looks up. "Well if you saw me in the lieutenant's house then I wasn't doing my job very well," Lee breaks into a broad grin, "Yeah alright, I'll join your little rebellion! It'd be better than fending for myself against the Fire Nation anyway. As long as I still get to dodge the law and grab the loot, why not!"

Shades of Gray
2008-03-10, 08:37 PM
We certainly can't leave Jenshin here, he heard about the rebellion, and he can tell others, we can't take him to our hide-out, the Fire Naton will know someone's after them. All the rebellion members lower their heads slightly.

The only possible solution is... You know what he's abot to say.

Colt
2008-03-10, 09:04 PM
Gin reaches an arm out behind him, and points another towards Jenshin, and fires off a spear of earth at the commander. "Well, let's get it over with then. No sense in stalling."

Bending (Stone Spear) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Repeat as required.

Pirate_King
2008-03-10, 10:23 PM
Han

Before Gin can pummel his opponent to death, Han attempts to stop him.Wait, lets hear what he has to say for his actions. Han turns up to one who, in other circumstances, he would have addressed as sir. Well, what of it? What do you see in this war? As a soldier, I fought for the glory and honor of our nation, but there is no honor in conquest by slaughter. I would like to give you a chance to redeem yourself and your country. Firebender! Do you know what Fire is, or merely what it is capable of?

The Maverick
2008-03-11, 12:23 AM
Lee suppresses a chuckle at strange earthbender's attempt to slaughter the lieutenant. Well well, looks like we got a psychopath in our midst.

Darkbane
2008-03-12, 01:43 PM
Yun

"No!" shouts Yun, knocking the earthen spear out of the way. "I won't let you kill a defenseless man."

[roll0]

jagadaishio
2008-03-12, 07:41 PM
Okku

The moment that the earth spear is launched, Okku pulls water out of one of the nearby rain barrels and prepared himself to apply emergency medical treatment in case the pinned man requires it.

Pirate_King
2008-03-12, 08:00 PM
OOCwow, talk about your moral dynamics. I'm just trying to save face for my nation, lawful character and all that.

Also, Gray, awesome kirby avatar. Is the one on top holding a pokeball? or is it a smokebomb that looks like a pokeball?

Shades of Gray
2008-03-12, 09:30 PM
Jenshin then speaks...
I serve the military, I am but a lieutenant, Colonel Rao sent me on this mission with the soldiers, orders strait from the top, Lord Sozin.
You see him slightly move when he says this next part.
I am fulfilling my duty to my nation, I am fulfilling my duty to Lord Sozin. However I realize when I have been beat!
You see a smoke bomb fall from his pocket, he kicks it into the crowd. A mongoose dragon rushes toward him, and by the time the smoke clears... You see him in the distance.

Damn! They know about the resistance. We have to get to the base now.

12 ostrich horses come rushing by.

Get on one, we have no time to waste!

OOC: You don't have to make ride checks.

jagadaishio
2008-03-12, 10:27 PM
Okku

Okku climbs onto one of the ostrich horses, visibly shaken by the most recent part of the encounter. The man he healed earlier was about to end the life of another helpless man. This disturbed him.

Pirate_King
2008-03-12, 11:11 PM
Han

Damn. Foolish move. Han leaps onto one of the ostrich horses. I'm sorry. I may have cost us a valuable resource. If I got out of this unidentified, I could have done so much more...

The Maverick
2008-03-13, 12:19 PM
Staring into the distance at Jenshin's quickly retreating form, Lee climbs onto one of the Ostrich horses. "Huh, guess we should have let Mr. Spear Happy take care of the Lieutenant eh? Ah well, what now?"

Darkbane
2008-03-13, 03:00 PM
Yun

Yun mounts the nearest ostrich horse, readying himself to flee. "I am deeply sorry that he escaped; I know that he will endanger our chances of success. However, I stand by my earlier decision: better that he should escape, than that we should lower ourselves to his level."

Colt
2008-03-13, 04:12 PM
Gin shrugs and walks over to the mounts and climbs on one. "I follow orders, insurrection rarely leads to good relationships." He says as he waits for the others to come.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-14, 09:25 PM
You all mount the Ostrich-Horses and ride through the countryside. The Ostrich-Horses are expertly trained for this situation.

Spot Check: DC 19

OOC: I trust you all to only open the spoiler if you succeed.

Lee:
You see a hawk carrying a message scroll with some sort of Fire Nation seal on it.

Han:
You see a hawk carrying a message scroll with Jenshin's personal seal.

Okku, Gin, and Yun
You see a hawk carrying a message scroll.

The terrain is very hilly if you are wondering. There is no free water within bending range.

OOC:And just to be exact, it is a fairly cold day. It is partly cloudly with a low chance of showers.:smallbiggrin:

Colt
2008-03-14, 09:49 PM
Spot [roll0]
Will edit post with action if I succeed on the save, will wait for others if i don't.

Pirate_King
2008-03-14, 10:33 PM
spotting? [roll0]
gasp. I have been struck blind.

jagadaishio
2008-03-14, 10:59 PM
Here's hoping that I get to find out what's in my spoiler. It's... torture to have my curiosity piqued and not being able to indulge in it.

[roll0]

The Maverick
2008-03-15, 02:31 AM
I certainly hope that those showers with low chances show up! Otherwise with no bending water nearby we're gonna have one hard pressed healer! :P Anyway, spot time:

Spot Check: [roll0]

By the way, do you want us to wait for everyone to roll spot before posting about these mysterious things we might see?

Colt
2008-03-15, 06:37 AM
Gin sits dozing in his saddle, letting the sway of the mount keep him balanced. A saber-toothedlionbear would have to attack before he'd notice anything.

Pirate_King
2008-03-15, 05:37 PM
Han is oblivious to anything, as he broods over his mistake.

The Maverick
2008-03-15, 06:04 PM
Lee spots an interesting bird flying around and watches it intently.

To clarify if you didn't look at my spoiler, I didn't make the save, I haven't looked at the spot spoiler, Lee is just admiring the wildlife.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-17, 04:40 PM
Lee
I'll you look in the "made the roll" section because, well, the thing you were checking to see wasa bird:smallbiggrin:

Spot Check: DC 15.

Read the first set of spoilers if you succeed.

Colt
2008-03-17, 05:10 PM
Spot [roll0]

Gin slowly wakes up and looks around to see where he is. He spots the flutter of a bird, and the tube on it's back. "Oi, Captain, does the resistance have messenger hawks? Because we might have mail."

The Maverick
2008-03-17, 06:22 PM
Shades:
That is the WIERDEST coencidence. I swear I hadn't looked at the spot spoiler. I assume there's supposed to be a "let" in "I'll you look in the "made the roll" section", So Lee has seen what he needs to spot and all that.

Hearing Gin's comment, Lee looks closer at the bird he is observing and blinks in surprise. "Unless the Resistance is using hawks with fancy Fire Nation sealed message scrolls on 'em, I'd say our friend the lieutenant has mail!"

Colt
2008-03-17, 07:41 PM
Gin reigns in his steed and hops off, he asks, to no one in particular, "Anyone want to state their mind before I attempt to down this bird? If it is indeed Fire Nation, I would think it might be about us. But hey, if some bird-lovin pacifists want to stop me, better speak up soon, or else we'll have bird for dinner." Gin then lifts up a piece of earth and holds it in front of him, ready to fire.

Readying Earth Blast

Pirate_King
2008-03-17, 08:53 PM
do I have to do this after gin and lee have drawn attention to it?

I won't make the same mistake twice. Han pulls out his longbow and fires at the hawk

atk [roll]1d20+5
confirm 1d20+5
damage 1d8

Pirate_King
2008-03-17, 09:04 PM
try this again...
atk [roll0]
confirm [roll1]
dmg [roll2]

jagadaishio
2008-03-17, 09:27 PM
Okku

"Go right ahead," Okku says, drawing some water and readying an action to shoot the bird down if Gin misses as well.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-17, 09:52 PM
Han's arrow whizzes past the hawk.

Gin's earth blast (I rolled for you to speed it up) hits the hawk, and knocks the scroll. and the bird, to the ground.

The message says
To General Rao,
Fire Nation 12th division,

Our efforts were halted today to capture the benders. We haven't received word from the other efforts. I am going en route to the other locations immediately.

But that is unimportant at the moment, a small group of black clad rebels stopped us today. They broke the fire circle, and our hold on them. They dispatched all the other soldiers, and I am on my way to the town of Bei-Shujin on my mongoose-dragon. The group was in the city while I escaped. I am sending this hawk because I do not have the time to get to you in person, as I am on my way to the other locations.

Lieutenant Jenshin,
Fire Nation 12th division,

The earthbending leader snaps his fingers. A black-clad firebender burns the note (after you all read it).
New plan, we intercept Jenshin at Bei-Shujin. And we finish what we started. The resistance will hold him there.

The earthbending brothers give him a puzzled look.

The leader chuckles.
You didn't think it was just the five of us did you?

The Maverick
2008-03-17, 10:31 PM
Lee grins at the Resistance leader, "I LIKE where this is heading! Alright, lead on to Bei-Shujin!"

Pirate_King
2008-03-18, 01:55 PM
Han rears his mount to the direction of Bei-Shujin. We'll have to ride fast to intercept him on a mongoose-dragon. Those beasts are quick. As an after thought, he adds And I suggest we keep that seal. The crest might do us some good once we've dispatched the lieutenant

I don't suppose Han's previous military experience would have him know anything about the town we're headed to?
heh. forgot what color I'd been talking in.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-18, 05:06 PM
I know a shortcut. the leader says with a grin.

An aged man with airbender tattoos and a dark jacket approaches you, wrinkles lining his face. He opens his jacket and reveals many small shamanic totems. He picks up a crane totem, he pulls off the head of the wooden animeal and drinks the liquid inside. His eyes turn white. He pulls a piece of paper out and writes a note. He then closes his eyes and launches it with the air.

Spirits of air, guide my message.

No time to waste, let's go.

The leader directs you off the path. You come to a canyon easily easily one hundred metres across. The leader doesn't stop. He lifts his hands and a stone block, wide enough and long enough for three ostrich horses flies out of the ground.

Gin! Collapse the bridge behind us! You two! he points at the brothers,what are your names again?

Oh, right, I'm Rin, and this is my brother, Lin. says the younger brother.

Right, anyway, create a second bridge for these new recruits.

Bridge 1
Leader
5 members
Gin

Bridge 2
Lin, Rin, and everyone besides Gin. (I loves me some rhymes.)

Colt
2008-03-18, 05:19 PM
Gin waits till everyone has crossed, then crosses himself, breaking the bridge behind him.

Bending roll if needed [roll0]

The Maverick
2008-03-18, 05:47 PM
As everyone begins to cross the bridge Lee quitely slips a grappling hook tied to a silk rope out of his pack and holds it at the ready.

Pirate_King
2008-03-18, 08:57 PM
Han follows the earth bending brothers, confident in their bending abilities. What exactly was the old fellow drinking? I wouldn't mind a skin of that.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-18, 09:36 PM
(gin, the bridge is more of a giant column, that kind of stampedes across the bottom of the canyon, assuming you collapse behind, he continues the bridge, and the horses are walking at human speed.

That was a spirit made from ground reagents from the Southern Air Temple, mixed with a feather plucked from a swan of the spirit world. A journey I have made spiritually many times.

Han
You know that Bei-Shujin is a small coastal town, known for fishing and a sizeable waterbender population (just as the first town was known for it's large earthbender population. It seems to you that they are targeting villages with large populations of benders...

Shades of Gray
2008-03-20, 04:35 PM
You are roughly halfway across the canyon. You hear a sound somehwere between the bark of a dog and the screech of a bat.

Three odd creatures climb up the side of the bridge. They look like large weasels, except they have scales around their ankles, tail, and it has the head of a lizard. They open their mouth and screech again, they have purple forked tongues and three rows of teeth.

You look at the other bridge, they have also encountered these beasts.

Gin! go help the new recruits! Lin, Rin! with me!

Initiative order!
Han
Gin
Weasel-Lizards
Okku
Lee
Yun

You do not need to post in this order. Round summary when everyone has posted.

Combat details: You are on a platform 60ft. long, and 30ft. wide. There is a small river you can use for waterbending, but due to the height and angle, you need to be standing on the edge.

(these creatures are homebrewed, also, due to conversation on the base class thread, all benders get an additional 2+Int skill points per level due to the lack of skill points noticed (by me). Lee, you only gain the extra skill points from your firebender levels.

Pirate_King
2008-03-20, 10:59 PM
I totally brought up the skill point thing twice before...

I hope these things are accustomed to combat... Han leads his ostrich horse to attack the closest lizard while pulling out his dao to make his own attack.

ride check with knees [roll0] vs DC 5
ride check to control mount in battle, if necessary [roll1] vs DC20 heh, hope I don't need that one...
mount's attack roll [roll2]
confirm [roll3]
dmg [roll4]
ride check to attack after mount attacks [roll5] vs 10
Han's attack roll (held together) [roll6]
confirm [roll7]
dmg [roll8]
...wow, that's a lot of dice...

The Maverick
2008-03-20, 11:35 PM
"What the heck are these things?!", Lee shouts. Without waiting for an answer he shoves the grappling hook back into his pack and with a quick jab of his palm fires a burst of flames at one of the attacking creatures.

Lee is attacking the closest Weasel-Lizard to him.

Guide with Knees: (1d20+2)[16]

Firebending Check for Fireblast: (1d20+13)[15]

Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[9]
Damage: (1d6)[2]

Ugh, I messed up the spoilers when I tried to post this the first time. Hope this works. (Note the crummy attack roll, I AM being honest :P)

jagadaishio
2008-03-22, 12:01 AM
Okku

"Do you think that they would just leave if we gave them some food?" asks Okku, hopping down from his mount and pulling water up from the stream to ready for use.

Okku takes a move action to dismount and then uses Manipulate to bring as much water as possible from the stream below up to float above him so that he can be more mobile.

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2008-03-22, 07:05 AM
Doubt it. These things go into a bloodlust. Once they are in one, they can't get out.

Colt
2008-03-22, 07:24 AM
"Marvelous" says Gin, he then launches a spear at the closest one, attempting to push it off the bridge.

Bending (spear, Bullrush) [roll0]

Darkbane
2008-03-23, 09:43 AM
Yun

"I have no problems with dispatching these creatures. While the loss of life is regretable, they are not human, or sentient."

[roll0]
Taking ten on my Airbending check to fling an Air Blast at any Weasel-Lizards near the edge of the bridge.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-23, 10:07 AM
Han's Ostrich Horse's movements make it difficult to strike ture. His mount however bites into one of the creatures, and creates a large opening (6 damage b/c DR on creatures)

Gin launches a spear at one of the lizards, knocking it off the edge, however it grabs onto the wall.

One weasel bites Han (dealing 8 damage without DR). Another lashes out at Yun, striking his wrist (dealing 7 damage). Han and Yun, now have weasel lizards latched onto them. (It takes an attack or opposed grapple to get them off) The lizard starts crawling up the bridge again.

Okku gets a pool of water ready.

Lee's blast goes long and misses.

Yun (I am changing your action now that you have a monster latched onto you) strikes the creature non lethally. It's thick scales stop the punch.

Summary:
Lizard 1 took 6 damage
Han took 8 damage (without DR
Yun took 7 damage
Han and Yun have creatures latched on them.

OOC:From now on we post actions in the initiative order it says. Then I do a summary. The old way is confusing, as it can alter reactions (such as Okku having to wait another turn to heal someone, and Yun's action this round) and is harder for me to keep track of.

Colt
2008-03-23, 11:23 AM
(OOC: Um, why am I not in the initiative order? and Yun in there twice? Also, I didn't do anything this round, so it seems, even though I posted something.)

Shades of Gray
2008-03-23, 12:00 PM
@^ Woops, sorry, will fix... now.

Pirate_King
2008-03-23, 07:53 PM
Han slashes wildly at the serpent attached to him

full-attack:

atk1 [roll0]
confirm1 [roll1]
dmg1 [roll2]
atk2 [roll3]
confirm2 [roll4]
dmg2 [roll5]

Colt
2008-03-24, 06:03 PM
Gin launches another spear at the Weasel-Lizard closest to him. These are rather resilient, arn't they?" he says. "Any ideas of how best to combat them?"

Pirate_King
2008-03-25, 07:32 AM
Han looks up and says I'm gonna go with hit them until they stop moving. Never failed me before.

jagadaishio
2008-03-25, 06:43 PM
((OOC: Waiting on the lizards' actions before I make mine.))

Shades of Gray
2008-03-27, 07:45 PM
Han knocks the lizard attached to him off.

Gin launches an earth spear, killing the lizard.

Yun can start feeling light-headed, the lizard is starting to drain blood (4 damage)

A lizard jumps at Lee, bringing it's teeth to bear. It bites you in the shoulder (3 damage)

Change of Plans, you can post in whatever order you want, as long as it come in the same grouping relative to the enemy (before or after)

e.g. in this combat you can post like this:

Gin
Han
Lizards
Lee
Yun
Okku

Pirate_King
2008-03-27, 08:45 PM
Han

Thanks, Gin. Give Lee a hand, I'll help Yun Han runs over to Yun and strikes the lizard attached to him with both Dao held as a single blade before taking them apart again

move and attack. Lizard get no dex because grappling? my own AC against the lizard is currently 21, +1 for twd, +1 for dodge.

atk [roll0]
confirm [roll1]
dmg [roll2]

jagadaishio
2008-03-27, 09:57 PM
Okku

Okku pulls some of the water from the pool he collected and gets ready to heal Yun as soon as the lizard is pulled off.

Taking the full-round action to get the +5 on my bending check next round to heal Yun.

Darkbane
2008-03-28, 04:22 PM
Yun

Yun gasps in pain as the lizard-thing starts to drain his blood. Focusing his energy, he tries to throw the creature off of him using a burst of wind. Using the Body Burst effect of Wind Shaping to try and push the Weasel-Lizard back 5 feet. The lizard gets a Str check opposed by my Wis check to resist.
DC 15: [roll0]
DC 20: [roll1]
Opposed: [roll2]

Pirate_King
2008-03-29, 03:09 PM
sorry about the action confusion there, I got a bit ahead of the order. either way, I do the same thing, so it's just a matter of whether or not the lizard gets dex to AC depending on whether or not he's still grappling.

The Maverick
2008-03-29, 07:08 PM
"Aargh! Freakin' lizard!", Lee roars. Trying to shove the creature away from him, Lee draws his dagger and swipes at it.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Colt
2008-03-30, 01:05 PM
Gin launcher another spear at the lizards, trying now to simply impale them.

bending [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Shades of Gray
2008-03-31, 01:26 PM
Han looks up and says I'm gonna go with hit them until they stop moving. Never failed me before.

When all you have is a hammer...The leader pulls out a warhammer, and smashes the last of the lizards on his bridge.Everything starts looking like a nail.

Through your combined efforts, the lizard-weasels are slain.

__________________________________________________ __

You get across the canyon and rest for the day, hiding in a small ditch with many bushes.

We bought us some time with the canyon shortcut, we are a day ahead of him. We can either ambush him along the road, or go to the town, however because of his mounts speed, we will be exhausted, this is the part of the journey we will abandon the ostrich-horses, we cannot afford to be tracked. If we ambush them at the town, we will have allies, however we will be exhausted. What do you all think?

Pirate_King
2008-03-31, 05:23 PM
Han

I say we catch him here. I doubt we're the only ones with allies in town, and we can catch him by surprise here.

The Maverick
2008-04-01, 01:11 PM
Lee nods, "Sounds like a good idea to me. There's no way he could have picked up more than a few guards on the road, and I doubt he'd be expecting us to attack him so soon."

Darkbane
2008-04-01, 03:04 PM
Yun

"We should ambush him on the road. There's less chance of harming civilians that way."

Colt
2008-04-03, 06:17 AM
Gin nods in assent to what the others have said, and then waits patiently for the others to collect themselves.

jagadaishio
2008-04-04, 04:32 PM
Okku

"It seems that we're all agreed on where we should perform the ambush. It's probably safest this way, and there's always the possibility that he might be subdued without killing him, however slim," says Okku, shrugging and displaying a look of misplaced hope on his face.

Shades of Gray
2008-04-04, 07:17 PM
A hawk flies in.

What?! No! They captured some of our men.

He contemplates for a second.

Han, Lee, Okku, Gin, Yun, Lin, Rin! Stay here for the Ambush. Everyone else, you're with me.

Send the hawk with your results.

He rears the ostrich horses and heads off into the woods.

((Now is the time to make preparations))

Pirate_King
2008-04-04, 11:28 PM
Han surveys the area, analyzing how to make the best use of his terrain as possible. Earthbenders, I suggest you get ready to make some pitfalls and walls. Those mongoose dragons are fast, but if the ground shifts wildly enough, we might at least be able to shake Jenshin off. Yun, can you help with the dismount? And Okku, if you can have water ready to freeze him if he avoids Gin, Rin, and Lin. Lee, you're my other eye. We'll keep watch for him, and cover him with arrows and fireblasts while the earthbenders give him a bumpy ride.

so...what does this path thingy look like? what sort of terrain do we have to work with?

jagadaishio
2008-04-05, 12:36 AM
OOC:
I was thinking that we could make one or more big stone boxes filled with water which could be used to flood the area and freeze him in the water. Preparations really depend on how much time we're looking at here.

Shades of Gray
2008-04-05, 10:06 AM
(( you have 1.5 hours game time ))

The path is 20ft. wide, there are thick bushes to the left, and the canyon to the right (however it is pretty far off), after 10ft. of thick brush, there are climbable trees 15ft. high. The road is made of various stones, but mostly dirt. You can hear rushing water coming from the forest, you don't know how far off it is.

Darkbane
2008-04-05, 02:00 PM
Could I get some healing? I'm currently down to 3 HP. :smallfrown:

Colt
2008-04-05, 10:08 PM
"Well, this is a fine little ordeal." Says Gin, walking down into the roadway. "Rin, Lin, best not be standing around. Let's start walling off the road some." Gin then begins to start throwing up walls in a sort of maze shape, motioning the two Earthbenders to help him.

Gin will begin to create a maze-ish shape out of earth walls. Taking 10 on the save to create 6-inch thick walls.

jagadaishio
2008-04-05, 11:29 PM
Can I take 20 on a waterbending check?

Shades of Gray
2008-04-06, 12:06 PM
@Jagadaisho
OOC: Yes, however it would take two minutes for a standard bending check,

jagadaishio
2008-04-06, 02:11 PM
Who all is at less than full HP? By taking 20 on a healing waters waterbending check, I can get a result of 44, which means everyone who needs the healing will be taken aside for four minutes (because of the additional focus time for the extra 1d6) and get healed 5d6+1 HP.

Darkbane
2008-04-06, 10:24 PM
[roll0]
Good, back to full HP. Thanks.

Yun

Yun stretches his arms, working out the residual ache in his muscles. "Thanks, I needed that."

Pirate_King
2008-04-06, 10:44 PM
I think I'm only down by 6 hp any way... how many times can you use that? I thought that seed had limited uses, or it got more difficult at some point.

Hmm... Won't our friend be a bit suspicious if he encounters a maze like this? Someone should be ready in case he tries to run over the top.

jagadaishio
2008-04-07, 04:00 PM
Each time I use it beyond a number of times equal to half my level, the DC increase by 4. The description of the seed itself doesn't say how long that increase lasts. I took it to mean per encounter. If I'm wrong, please correct me, I don't want it to seem like I'm abusing rules or anything.

Shades of Gray
2008-04-07, 04:15 PM
Given the time you have, we assume you heal everyone to full.

Rin digs many small holes in the the top of the walls, and places small slivers of rock in them. Rin Says There's the backup plan.

Lin creates a large rock scimitar, as well as armor, you can tell he's the type to take the battle to the front.

The Maverick
2008-04-07, 05:05 PM
As everyone goes about their preparations, Lee climbs to the top of the tree nearest to the road and keeps watch.

I'm gonna take 20 on the climb check since we have plenty of time. I'd like to roll a spot check to see what I can see at the top of the tree. (Oh crap that rhymed, Shades is infecting me!)

Spot Check: [roll0]

jagadaishio
2008-04-07, 06:51 PM
Okku

Okku spends the time he has left after healing everyone to take as much water as he can from the stream and use it to bore long, deep holes in the ground, which he fills with water. If anyone asks what he's doing, he gives the simple explanation of, "Water reservoirs."

Pirate_King
2008-04-07, 06:55 PM
Good thinking, Lin Han takes to a tree on the opposite side of the road from Lee to see where their opponent might be.

readying my bow, spot check [roll0]

Shades of Gray
2008-04-07, 07:15 PM
(( I assume Lee and Han are done their preparations, Gin is, and I believe Okku is done as well. Do you want to do anything Yun or should We continue?))

Darkbane
2008-04-08, 03:44 PM
((I don't have any long preparations, but once they get near I can make giant dust clouds in the maze. Taking ten gives me a result of 26, meaning I can make clouds 50 ft. in diameter.))

Shades of Gray
2008-04-12, 05:24 PM
((sorry about the lack of update, this was a busy few days))

The moment of truth has come, you hear the heavy thumping of a mongoose-dragons feet. Jenshin is about to arrive. You all take your hiding spots, waiting for the trap. You can see Jenshin riding in on his mongoose-dragoon, holding his familiar scythe.

He approaches the small maze you have created, and the creature leaps over it, Rin's spikes shoot upward, and you can hear a low sounding groan, however Jenshin has melted many of the spikes with fire. You all shoot your blasts (and Han fires his bow), only Han's bow and Gin's blast connect. He jumps off the beast in mid-air, landing near Okku and Lee.

You think I wouldn't notice this in the middle of the road? Do you take me for a fool?

((I assume that Gin and Lee shot a blast off at him, Yun fired dust, Okku is readying water, and Han shot his bow))

He takes a wide sweep with his scythe, and fire sweeps around in a wide arc. Lee ducks under the blow, however Okku is hit.

Round Summary
Okku was hit, and took 6 fire damage.
Jenshin got hit, and his mount did as well.

Initiative:
Mongoose-Dragon
Han
Jenshin
Lee
Okku
Yun
Gin.
Lin.
Rin.

The Mongoose dragon bites Gin for 4 damage in the shoulder.

Han, it's your turn ((Yes I did make Jenshin more powerful considering there are 5 of you against him instead of one))

Pirate_King
2008-04-12, 07:53 PM
You will see no mercy from me this time.

how are we going to work combat within the maze?
charging, attacking, then separating the swords, AC vs jenshin is 21, 20 vs dragon, 19 and 18 respectively for this first round because of the charge.

atk [roll0]
confirm [roll1]
dmg [roll2]

Darkbane
2008-04-12, 10:02 PM
((How do you want us to handle posting order?))

Shades of Gray
2008-04-13, 07:57 AM
OOC:
((Same as last time, you can post in any order, as long as it is between two of MY (as in the DM's) characters, for example everyone between Jenshin and Lin can post in any order, like Yun, Gin, Lee, Okku))

@Han, Currently you are not in the maze, however, you can enter it if you want, that goes for everyone considering no one said they were in it.

There's no going back now, Traitor! Jenshin lights his scythe on fire and strikes in a downward arc. I strikes your arm, leaving a burn mark. I refrained from Firebending because I thought there was some glimmer of hope that you would return after you saw the error of your ways.

@Gin, on your turn can you specify how much area your maze takes up?

jagadaishio
2008-04-13, 02:45 PM
Okku

Okku steps back and waits until Jenshin steps over one of Okku's narrow holes before blasting him from underneath.

That's a five foot step away from Jenshin and a readied action to hit what I hope is Jenshin's flat-footed AC with a DC 14 Blast/Manipulate form. Getting hit from below has to be surprising.

[roll0] (If I take a penalty for him being in melee despite attacking from below, please apply it to the roll.)
[roll1]
[roll2]

Colt
2008-04-13, 08:28 PM
(The maze runs from one side of the road to the other, and covers ~20 feet of the road's length.)

Gin swings his warhammer in a large arc over his head down onto the Mongoose-dragon. "My that didn't work so well."

Attack [roll0]
Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

The Maverick
2008-04-13, 11:13 PM
"No quick getaways for you this time!", Lee shouts as he launches a fireblast at the Mongoose Dragon.

I realized I can just take 10 on my fireblasts in most situations, so I'll just do that from now on unless something prevents me from doing so.

Fireblast Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Darkbane
2008-04-14, 06:59 PM
Yun hangs back out of the fight, preparing to stop his allies from bloodshed if the battle begins to get out of hand.
Ready an action to move up to Jenshin if he is rendered helpless (like if Okku's plan succeeds).

Shades of Gray
2008-04-14, 07:41 PM
((I'll assume Okku's attack is also a trip attack.))
Lee's fire blast seems to have an effect on the mighty beast's hard scales, you realize this beast is incredibly hard to engage in melee.
The water blast catches Jenshin off guard, and he falls to the floor.
Yun moves up to the tripped Jenshin.
Gin's hammer blow also seems to simply bounce off the creature's hide.

Lin charges the beast, earth scimitar in hand. It again bounces off the creatures thick scales.
Rin stands behind Lin and puts his hands on the back of Lin's armor, what is he doing? A large rock spear flies out of the front of Lin's armor stabbing the beast in the thigh. (8 damage)

The Creature lashes out at Lin with his powerful jaws, a large chunk of rock is ripped out of the armor, as well as some flesh. (9 damage)

Summary of events
Jenshin takes 5 damage
The mongoose-dragon takes 14 damage.
Lin takes 9 damage.
[/LIST]

Han's turn: Next

Pirate_King
2008-04-14, 10:28 PM
Han grins at the fallen Lieutenant. Then it's a good time I've got some help this time. His twin dao flash in front of him.

I assume he's prone, yes? full attacking, AC against him is 21, 20 against mongoose-dragon.

atk 1 [roll0]
confirm 1 [roll1]
dmg 1 [roll2]

atk 2 [roll3]
confirm 2 [roll4]
dmg 2 [roll5]

Pirate_King
2008-04-14, 10:35 PM
wow. Double crit. triple crit if a 12 is enough for his prone AC, thought I doubt it. still, that's seein' red. You want me to roll more damage dice, or are you just going to multiply it?

Did Jenshin's first attack not hit me?

Shades of Gray
2008-04-15, 06:43 AM
@Han, did I not tell you the damage? It was 14.

Jenshin suffers both heavy wounds. As long as I live you shall not! with incredible skill he rolls backwards and attacks twice with his powerful scythe, one quick attack strikes you. (13 damage, 7 of which goes past DR)

((By the way, Jenshin is a monk/firbender, who wears light firebender's armor, that's how he attacked while prone))

Pirate_King
2008-04-15, 08:14 AM
Han shouts as he falls to the ground, bleeding from his wounds.

well I'm at exactly -10. What monk ability lets him attack while prone?

The Maverick
2008-04-15, 02:16 PM
"Okku! Man down!" Lee switches his aim towards Jenshin and launches another fireblast.

I think Jenshin has the Prone Attack feat, like the name suggests it lets you attack while prone. Anyway:

Fireblast Attack Roll: [roll0]
Confirm (yeah right): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Shades of Gray
2008-04-15, 03:10 PM
Han shouts as he falls to the ground, bleeding from his wounds.

well I'm at exactly -10. What monk ability lets him attack while prone?

Woops, did damage dice wrong, it really does 13 damage, woops, I'm really sorry, I forgot your AC bonus because of TWD(stupid forgetting that it didn't hit your high AC)

Pirate_King
2008-04-15, 03:16 PM
Didn't know about that feat.

@ Shades, no problem, it happens. Are we just rewinding, then? I'm at 9 hp if I still get my DR from the last hit. My death cry just turns into a shout for help.

Shades of Gray
2008-04-15, 03:33 PM
Sounds good, I mean, as good as being one scythe blow away from death.

jagadaishio
2008-04-15, 08:53 PM
Okku

"And this is why having a doctor is just as important as having a warrior!" yells Okku as he dashes to Han's side. Assuming that Jenshin did move away from Han, he says, "Hold still for a second," as he starts focusing on the wounds across Han's body.

Spending the round focusing to provide the bonus to the healing waters check next round. I suggest Han delay his next round's action until just after Okku's so that he can move immediately after being healed.

Colt
2008-04-18, 05:54 PM
Gin

"Sneaky beast" Gin says as he swings again at the creature.

Attack [roll0]
Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Shades of Gray
2008-04-21, 04:14 PM
Lee's fire blast connects with Jenshin, he seems unfazed.

Yun (I assume you would do this) realizes that Jenshin isn't going down peacefully, and sprays dust at the beast , obscuring it's vision.

Gin's attack connects with the creature.

Lins strikes again with his heavy scimitar, connecting with the beast, it's looking bad.

Rin fires off another earth blast, launched from underneath the mongoose-dragon.

The dragon bites Lin again, he's bleeding but still standing.

Summary:
Dragon partially blinded.
Lin at under 1/2 hp (bloodied)
Dragon was dealt 15 damage.
Jenshin was dealt 3 damage.

Pirate_King
2008-04-21, 06:58 PM
Han watches Jenshins movements wearily, ready to defend himself or Okku

Han readies an aid another action to provide +2 to Okku's AC if Jenshin tries to attack him. Otherwise, full defense? or can I only ready that one? I've never done any sort of delaying thing before.

jagadaishio
2008-04-21, 08:33 PM
Okku

Okku finishes his healing of Han and then says, "Okay, done."

Okku takes 10 for a result of 34.

[roll0]

Shades of Gray
2008-04-21, 08:59 PM
@^ It's Jenshin's turn, you do that after his turn.

Jenshin's flaming scythe is a blur as he swings at Han twice, you are able to dodge one of the hits, the other strikes you for 6 damage.

Han is healed 12 damage.

Summary:
Han's overall HP increases by 6.

It's time for pretty much everyone else's turns

Darkbane
2008-04-22, 04:33 PM
"Now look," says Yun, a pleading note entering his voice,"you can't possibly hope to win this battle. It's five against one; if you continue fighting, you will almost certainly be killed. Remember back at the camp, when you were stuck at the top of that building? We could have killed you, but we didn't. Do you really want to test your luck?

Readying an action to use Particles (Blind) against Jenshin if he tries to attack anybody. DC 10.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Not sure if I have to make a Concentration check or not. i'm not trying to bend defensively, but anyways...
[roll2]

Colt
2008-04-22, 10:17 PM
Gin

"You mind calling off your mount at least?" Gin says as he throws up a wall between the Mongoose-Dragon and him.

I'll take ten on this if possible to make a 6 inch thick wall, otherwise, [roll0]

Pirate_King
2008-04-24, 11:30 AM
Han

Thanks, Okku. Your talents are indispensable. Now, if you would be so kind to use some of that water to hold this bastard down, I would be much obliged. Han makes his next couple attacks cautiously, attempting to make an impenetrable wall of dao between he and his opponent.

at 15 hp. full-attack, fighting defensively. Hopefully this isn't a dumb plan. my AC against Jenshin is now 24 (19 normal, + 1 for dodge, +2 for FD, +2 for TWD while FD)

atk 1 [roll0]
confirm 1 [roll1]
dmg 1 [roll2]

atk 2 [roll3]
confirm 2 [roll4]
dmg 2 [roll5]

how is Jenshin looking for damage? you don't need to give us a number, just a physical description that would hint at his general well-being

jagadaishio
2008-04-25, 02:02 PM
OOC:

I presume that the healing took up my action for the round and that you are not waiting on me.

Shades of Gray
2008-04-25, 03:25 PM
((I'm waiting for Yun... like always...))

Pirate_King
2008-04-25, 05:11 PM
I thought Yun already went and we started the next round? I'm lost...

The Maverick
2008-04-25, 08:50 PM
Due to Yun's attempt at negotiation, Lee simply draws his dagger and lights up the blade with fire, ready to rush at either Jenshin or the Mongoose-Dragon.

I assume nothing's in melee threat range, so I'll just take 10 on that Blades of Flame check and leave it at that for this turn.

Darkbane
2008-04-26, 07:48 PM
((I posted in the beginning. Are we in a new round?)

Shades of Gray
2008-04-27, 09:46 AM
OOC:Woops, didn't see that. Sorry guys. It will be Han's turn after this post.

Han's strikes are blocked by Jenshin, and he dodges Yun's touch attack.

Gin steps back and creates a wall, while Lee lights his blade on fire.

Lin attacks once more at the mongoose-dragon, it is near death.

Rin's blast bounces off the great beast's scales.

The huge beast bites Rin, he is also bloodied (under half health)

Jenshin strikes at Yun and Han with his scythe, dealing 9 damage to Yun.

Summary:
Yun takes 9 damage.
Mongoose Dragon is almost dead.
Jenshin is almost dead.
Lin and Rin are both under half health.

Pirate_King
2008-04-27, 12:25 PM
Han

Now it's just patience, he can't last much longer Han thought, as he continued cutting away at his opponent.

same as last round, ac = 24

atk 1 [roll0]
confirm [roll1]
dmg [roll2]

atk 2 [roll3]
confirm [roll4]
dmg [roll5]

Colt
2008-04-29, 06:46 AM
Gin

"My, My. Going to be stubborn then?" He then launched an earth spear out of the wall towards the Mongoose-Dragon.

Bending Check [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

jagadaishio
2008-04-29, 02:58 PM
Okku

"Please, just surrender. I certainly don't want to see more death," says Okku pleadingly. If Jenshin does not give up, Okku hits him with another blast from below. He also gets ready to apply the necessary first aid to stabilize Jenshin if he goes down. A hostage is better than a corpse, right?

Taking 10 on the bending roll, I'll wait to make any Heal checks until it's definitely needed.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Darkbane
2008-04-29, 06:56 PM
Yun steps back and raises his staff defensively. "Come on, it's that simple. Surrender, call off your mount, and you can still get out of this alive."
Five-foot step backwards and total defense. AC 21 for the round.

Shades of Gray
2008-04-30, 08:04 PM
Very... well... then... Jenshin pants heavily.
I am a soldier... not a fool...

The creature comes to him and lies down.

What will you... do with me?

He undoes the chain keeping the scythe connected to his arm and drops it on the ground in front of him.

Pirate_King
2008-04-30, 11:40 PM
Han

Han picks up Jenshin's weapon and hands it to Okku, then turns back to Jenshin.

You will be a prisoner of war. You may be used as a hostage depending on the needs of the resistance. I will make make sure that you are not treated inhumanely. Han turns to Gin. You, Lin and Rin will make sure that he doesn't escape, perhaps you can use your earthbending to fashion stone manacles? Han begins writing a note to send with the hawk:
We have the target in custody. A trade may be reachable. Han seals the note with Jenshin's seal.

are we working with experience here at all, will you just tell us when you level up, or will the campaign be at a static level?

jagadaishio
2008-05-01, 09:54 PM
Okku

Okku takes the scythe from Han and quickly encases the blade in a block of ice, just in case. He hopes that the manacles will be easy enough, but another idea occurs to him. "What about his mount? He could probably have it attack as a distraction and escape again if we don't do something with it too."

Pirate_King
2008-05-01, 10:44 PM
Han

Well, let's find out. Is it his mount, or merely a mount? Mongoose-Dragons are common among recon forces. He may have taken it merely for speed. Han approaches the beast, takes its reigns and attempts to mount it.

Should I roll anything like a ride or handle animal for this, or do you just want to play its reaction?

Colt
2008-05-02, 06:34 AM
Gin

Gin turns around, raises a short column out of the ground and sits on it. he then watches the others work, ready to help if anyone needs anything.

Darkbane
2008-05-02, 06:18 PM
"You made the right choice, Jenshin. The smart choice, at the very least."

Shades of Gray
2008-05-02, 08:27 PM
The Mongoose-Dragon rears, it is apparently Jenshin's, roll a ride and handle animal check.

Lin creates very simple manacles, consisting of a large block with two holes in it, he fills any extra spaces in between with earth.

Rin sticks his tongue out at Jenshin from behind.

I guess we continue to Bei-Shujin right? Unless our fearless leader has another plan.:smalltongue: he says, as Han struggles to maintain control of the beast.

Pirate_King
2008-05-02, 09:08 PM
Han

insufferable beast Han pulls tight on the reigns and attempts to get control I never was good with animals...

ride [roll0] I was going to post a handle animal, but I can't do that untrained....

Shades of Gray
2008-05-02, 09:50 PM
Han manages to remain on the saddles, and then dismount. He leads the creature with a chain on it's collar.

To speed things up I'll say Okku heals everyone to full.

Why a war, why so soon? After Roku disappeared I thought that that the new avatar would come, but he sure is taking his sweet time. Now, no one knows who the avatar is, and because of that, the fire nation starts an invasion.

Lin puts a hand on Rin's shoulder, and shakes his head.

The day's events weigh heavily upon you. It felt so recently that it was twilight, yet today you have witnessed the start of a war, the death of dozens, joined a resistance group, traveled across a huge canyon, and fought one of the most respected men in the fire nation. You decide to make camp deep in the forest, and are able to close it in with earthbending. You rest for the night.

Chapter One-End

Shades of Gray
2008-05-02, 10:12 PM
Han manages to remain on the saddles, and then dismounts. He leads the creature with a chain on it's collar.

To speed things up I'll say Okku heals everyone to full.

Why a war, why so soon? After Roku disappeared I thought that that the new avatar would come, but he sure is taking his sweet time. Now, no one knows who the avatar is, and because of that, the fire nation starts an invasion.

Lin puts a hand on Rin's shoulder, and shakes his head.

The day's events weigh heavily upon you. It felt so recently that it was twilight, yet today you have witnessed the start of a war, the death of dozens, joined a resistance group, traveled across a huge canyon, and fought one of the most respected men in the fire nation. You decide to make camp deep in the forest, and are able to close it in with earthbending. You take turns keeping watch over Jenshin, who sleeps, and the mongoose dragon is stabled. You rest for the night.

Feel free to speak with Lin and Rin, just don't start anything major that would interfere with the above. You all have also gained a level. HP=3/4 max (i.e. f 6 for d8, and 4.5(alternate, starting with 5) for d6.)
i've decided to split the campaign into chapters (episodes) for dramatic effect.

Chapter One-End

Pirate_King
2008-05-04, 12:39 PM
Han

Come now, you can't blame the Avatar, can you? He'd just be a little baby, wouldn't he? Han chuckles to himself, and pulls out his field kit to begin construction on some smoke bombs. Wish I had materials for something a bit more effective. Next Avatar is air, isn't he? I always looked forward to the next Avatar, wish it were under different circumstances.

here's an updated character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=43922); upped my constitution score, increased HP accordingly, put ranks in handle animal, took combat expertise for bonus feat. up to you to determine how many smokebombs I'm capable of making under current circumstances, I should be able to take 10 and do it, but I can't remember if the DC was lowered to 20 from 25 or not.

Shades of Gray
2008-05-04, 02:39 PM
True, though I think the next avatar is alerted immediately. Wasn't Roku revealed as Avatar after Kyoshi died? Meh, what do I know about spirits, that old airbender guy with that odd drink might know.

OOC: @Han, you don't meet the Int requirements (13) for Combat Expertise. I'd say in one hour you could produce two smoke bombs. Remember, you can make other gadgets too.

Pirate_King
2008-05-04, 03:59 PM
ooc: woops. so I don't. int's only 12, sorry. I suppose I could trade my 4 extra hit points to up my int instead of con... eh, I'll just take weapon specialization instead.

Colt
2008-05-04, 05:41 PM
"Well, we best look for him then. If I remember right, we'd best be looking for an Airbender. Where's the closest Air Temple?" Gin says as he sits on his column.

The Maverick
2008-05-04, 08:13 PM
Lee takes out his bedroll and begins to bed down. As he lies down he sighs, "I'm gonna miss Roku, the guy kept the peace pretty darn well from what I understand. Makes a theif's life a whole lot easier when everything's nice and quiet, y'know?" He looks over at Gin, "My guess is the Avatar was born over in the Western Air Temple. That place is really fancy, built into the side of a cliff and all that. At least that's what travelers I've talked to say. Sounds like a nice proper place for an Avatar to be born if you ask me."

I apologize for my lack of posts recently. I had a big test to study for that took up most of my free time. Anyhow it's done now, so no worries.

Shades of Gray
2008-05-04, 08:34 PM
We can talk to the resistance leader about that when we meet up with him, tonight we sleep. says Rin.

Lin nods.

jagadaishio
2008-05-04, 09:31 PM
Okku

"I think that it may be a bit too soon to go seeking salvation from innocent children," says Okku, making sure that he keeps an eye on Jenshin as he patches his clothes after the day's various battles. He takes the first watch, making sure that there are no Fire Nation patrols in the area, even as he makes sure that Jenshin doesn't somehow escape.

I originally took Craft (Sewing) to reflect Okku's training in stitching wounds, but here's another practical use for it. Think about how beat up all of our clothes must be looking by now.

Colt
2008-05-06, 05:23 PM
Gin

Gin volunteers to take the 2nd watch before heading to bed.

The Maverick
2008-05-06, 09:05 PM
"Seeing as I'm already in my bedroll, I'll take third watch. Wake me when you need me."

Pirate_King
2008-05-06, 09:14 PM
Han

I'm an early riser by nature, so I'm fine with last watch

Darkbane
2008-05-07, 09:06 PM
"Hmmm...I guess I'll watch the prisoner tomorrow."

Shades of Gray
2008-05-11, 02:03 PM
During Lee's watch he hears some scraping noises against the wall of the shelter. It sounds very light, like a small animal.

Jenshin wakes up.

Huh? What's that noise?

The Maverick
2008-05-11, 07:50 PM
Lee glares at Jenshin, "Well I dunno, sounds like an Elephant-Rat, but after everything that's happened today I wouldn't be surprized if it's your backup. You sit here and keep quiet, if I hear a peep outta you I'm shoving a fireball up your nose." Lee moves as quietly as he can over to Han and nudges him, "Oi, Swordman, I think we've got some company."

Move Quietly Check(if it's needed): [roll0]

Pirate_King
2008-05-11, 11:46 PM
Han

Han gets up rubbing his eyes, but is soon alert. What is it? He asks. Seeing Jenshin alert, he double-checks the stone and earth keeping him bound. Just checking. Don't worry, I won't leave you to die if this is something dangerous. What did you hear, Lee? We may want to alert Okku, his powers would be most potent this time of night.

jagadaishio
2008-05-12, 06:47 PM
Okku

"'lert me 'bout what...?" asks Okku groggily, sitting up and rubbing one of his eyes while looking at Han. After taking a glance at Jenshin, he says more eloquently, "I do hope that I don't need to help restrain him again."

Shades of Gray
2008-05-12, 07:34 PM
Shh... be quiet
Lin presses his ear against the wall, very carefully.
Lin quietly starts writing on the wall with earthbending.
Sounds like a small bird.
He creates a small peep-hole.
It's the messenger Hawk!
He makes a hole in the wall and takes the hawk's note.

From Captain Lei-Ba,

Good work team. Proceed to Bei-Shujin, and when you get to the gate tell the guard "Platypus Bear", this is the code, tell him your intentions, and he'll take you to headquarters.

Han remembers that Lei-Ba is a captain of the fire nation, so if this hawk was intercepted, then it would look like a regular letter.

Lin was a guard of Omashu before we came here, his earth-hearing skills are incredible.
Lin takes a deep bow.

The Maverick
2008-05-12, 07:56 PM
Lee grins, "Well DANG Lin, I never woulda known! Guess I gotta start calling you "Sir" now eh?"

Darkbane
2008-05-12, 08:05 PM
Yun

Yun yawns and stretches. "What's all the noise for?" he complains, rubbing his eyes.

((No one wanted to wake me? That hurts, guys.:smalltongue:))

Pirate_King
2008-05-12, 11:11 PM
Han

It's good that are message got through, and that our allies are knowledgeable about Fire Nation personnel. Question is, do we rest up or leave now? I vote we stay the rest of the night and head on tomorrow, but I will go with what the group decides.

Colt
2008-05-13, 06:46 AM
Gin

Without moving or opening his eyes Gin says "I'm up for leaving now. No sense in waiting."

jagadaishio
2008-05-13, 05:20 PM
Okku

"Well, I didn't get much sleep, but since I'm already awake, I would be okay with leaving now," says Okku, scratching his beard and clearly still not entirely awake.

Darkbane
2008-05-13, 07:42 PM
Yun stretches his arms and gives a jaw-cracking yawn. "Leaving? Where are we going? Since I'm already *yawn* awake, I guess we should just go now..."

The Maverick
2008-05-14, 08:52 PM
"Eh, I'd rather get moving, I'm kinda used to pulling all nighters. Comes with the territory. Plus all this 'headquarters' business has got me excited!" Lee begins to roll up his bedroll.

Shades of Gray
2008-05-16, 08:11 PM
Right, let's go.

Lin leads Jenshin, whilst Rin leads the mongoose-dragon.

You continue down the road. The land is becoming more forested, and you can see the town in the distance. However you know that the guards there are fakes, and the people living there are all resistance members or supporters.

The guard asks Halt in the name of the glorious Fire Lord.

The Maverick
2008-05-17, 11:50 AM
Lee walks up to the guard, strikes the same pose as him, and says "No YOU halt! In the name of the glorious Platypus Bear!"

Shades of Gray
2008-05-17, 08:28 PM
Hmm. I thought Han would've been taller.
He stares down at Lee.
Actually, that's Lee, this is Han
Rin points to Han.

I guess that makes more sense. Follow me if you will.
__________________________________________________ _________

He leads you to a small part of the wall around the city. The guard places his hand on the wall, and a brick falls out.

You can see the eyes of a man through the hole.
Platypus Bear.
The man inside opens up a concealed door. The guard leads you inside and through a recently excavated tunnel.

As you go through the tunnel you can see lights, you now stand a room roughly 60ft. by 60ft. with several stone tables. There are a dozen or so people here, mostly of foreign nationality. You can recognize a firebender and waterbender from your first incident with Jenshin.
Hey your back. Everybody, this is Han, Lin, Rin, Lee, Okku, Gin, and Yun. Guys, this is everybody.
He smirks.

A grizzled man wearing clothing similar to a karate gi, this gi is made of leaves however.
Well Shoot, newbies. I'm in charge 'round here when our commander is gone. I'm Shoo, but everyone here calls me 'doc. I'm a healer, and from what we've heard from th'commander, you are too. he looks at Okku
This place serves as HQ, your rooms should be ready-
You can see dust flying from one tunnel, and you hear a loud crash.
-now.
Any questions.

Pirate_King
2008-05-17, 09:36 PM
Han

I have a rather important question. Han gestures to their prisoner. What shall we do with him? I have promised him the safety of a war prisoner, in the hopes that we could perhaps trade him for captured benders or members of the resistance. Do you have a holding cell of some sort?

jagadaishio
2008-05-18, 02:03 AM
Okku

"Yes," says Okku, both seconding Han's question and stating that he has one of his own. "Are there any people here in need of any minor medical aid before I go to sleep?"

Shades of Gray
2008-05-18, 08:15 AM
We don't have any cells, but we ca make'em

We have a few members in the medical wing, but I think I can take them, you can help if you like.

Who is your prisoner anyway.

(At this point it is assumed that Jenshin is blindfolded)

Pirate_King
2008-05-18, 11:22 AM
Han

This is Lieutenant Jenshin, leader of the troops that were sent to my home town, Ten Shi, to 'deport' benders.

Colt
2008-05-18, 02:24 PM
Gin

"The man's also a really bad fighter. I almost had to to break a sweat subduing his mount though... Got any planning that needs doin'? I like plannin. Or even earth moving. I don't like it, but i'll do it. Grunt work isn't my skill type."

Darkbane
2008-05-18, 02:39 PM
"Well, it doesn't seem you really need my help at the moment. If no one minds, I'm going to catch up on my sleep."

jagadaishio
2008-05-20, 09:05 PM
Okku

"That's fine with me, Yun," says Okku, himself stretching and yawning. "I'm planning on sleeping as well if my assistance is no longer needed tonight."

The Maverick
2008-05-28, 05:33 PM
Not actually paying attention to the conversation, Lee surveys the large room before turning to Shoo, "Hey, Bossman, you got a map of this place?"

Shades of Gray
2008-06-01, 03:32 PM
Doc hands Lee a map, as he can tell, it's rather small. All it has is 20 rooms with two beds each, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and the room you are in.

After they hear that Jenshin is among them cheering ensues.

Finally a prisoner! We can finally do some interrogation.

He passes a scroll to Han and Gin

Tommorow's mission at sunset:
Operatives Han, Gin, Lee, Okku, Yun

A small fire nation barracks rests a couple of hours from here. We plan on raiding it and taking some supplies. I'll leave you two to come up with a plan. I'd personally go for a tunnel raid, but it's your choice completely. We will interrogate Jenshin for some details tonight.

Doc Shoo

The armory currently holds:
10 fire nation breastplates
20 Fire Nation Longspears
20 Longbows
20 Shortbows
10 Water Tribe Shortspears
10 Water Tribe Kukris
20 Warhammers
10 Sets of Thieve's tools
2 Explosives kits (each with 5 smoke bombs, 5 iron bombs)
10 quivers of 20 arrows.
10 Greatswords
10 Longswords
10 Quarterstaves.
and 10 shortswords.

There are also dyed sets of clothing, which all members should wear at night.
All the clothing is either dyed black, or shades of green.
The armor is all black.

Colt
2008-06-05, 07:05 AM
Gin

Gin takes the rest of the group aside before passing around the note once everyone has read it, he says, "Looks like we have ourselves a raid. In my mind, the best way to do this would be getting a couple hours of sleep, then heading out while it's still dark to this target, do some looking around, make some preperations. So, shall we say, 3 hours of sleep, then off?"

jagadaishio
2008-06-05, 09:45 AM
Okku

"That sounds good to me," says Okku before beginning his walk off to the group's newly bent rooms. "If anyone gets hurt while I'm sleeping, wake me up so that I can help."

Darkbane
2008-06-05, 06:50 PM
Yun

"Sounds...fine with me. Now I'm off to bed."

((What time is it, though? Is it early enough that we can sleep a few hours and still do the raid in relative darkness?))

Shades of Gray
2008-06-14, 09:10 PM
As you approach the outpost you see that it is made up of 8 or so large tents. The tents are guarded by one fire nation soldier each. You also see a larger tent. Han knows from his experience that this is the armory tent, another one next to it is the food tent.

Guards are walking casually around the area. They don't seem too attentive.

There are rainwater buckets around the camp.

OOC: Two days to formulate a plan, RL time. Then we go with what freeform, improvised plan you come up with. You can ask me questions about the situation.

jagadaishio
2008-06-14, 11:58 PM
Okku

"Han, are there any guards posted within the supply tents?" asks Okku, so long as they remain well outside of the sensory range of the soldiers.

Pirate_King
2008-06-15, 05:13 PM
Han

As a general rule, the guards are only posted outside the tents to prevent petty theft, though, if the quartermaster is taking inventory, he'll probably have an escort. Han notes the nature of the soldiers, and looks around for any scouts or sentries that may be further out of the perimeter. Spotting the rain buckets, he has an idea. Okku, once lights out is called, most of the soldiers will be asleep. Can you soak the smaller tents and freeze them shut, and perhaps give our friends a slippery door mat once they get out? While we wait for lights out, Gin, can you create an escape tunnel for us? Lee, you and Yunn cover for us at a range if things get unfriendly. Any other ideas to make this go smoother?

ooc: feel free to retcon that, I just sort of came up with the logistics of it.

jagadaishio
2008-06-16, 06:01 PM
Okku

"Yeah, I could give that a try. As long as the tents aren't waxed or oiled, it shouldn't be too hard at all. I could even try making domes all around the tents, if you want. I've been meaning to give that a try," says Okku, keeping his voice down. "I won't let them suffocate, but I suppose that's a given."

Colt
2008-06-16, 06:14 PM
OOC: What am I making an escape tunnel for? Are there walls around the camp?

Shades of Gray
2008-06-16, 09:48 PM
OOC: What am I making an escape tunnel for? Are there walls around the camp?

There are no walls, but I believe he wants you to burrow to the supply camp. While your allies move in on foot, and escape through the tunnel.

Darkbane
2008-06-20, 11:34 AM
((Is it cold enough that fog/mist wouldn't attract undue attention? If so, Okku and I could help you get in with some extra cover, in case anybody comes in from watch.))

jagadaishio
2008-06-20, 11:24 PM
((Is it cold enough that fog/mist wouldn't attract undue attention? If so, Okku and I could help you get in with some extra cover, in case anybody comes in from watch.))

OOC:
That would be great if Okku had the Mist seed. Which he doesn't yet.

Darkbane
2008-06-23, 11:17 AM
Oops. Dust would probably be more noticable, so I guess I'll just give you some covering fire, per Han's original plan.

Shades of Gray
2008-06-28, 07:47 PM
Okku proceeds to drench the tents in water, as Lee, Yun, and Han advance from the sides. He manages to freeze the flaps up without anyone noticing. Gin begins tunneling an escape route, in case something goes wrong. The guards look very bored, half asleep almost. You are about to sneak into the unguarded supply tent...

Where is the other Dao that matches this set?! You're worthless scum, do I have ti do everything MYSELF?!

The man seems to be making a statement, not asking a question. Han recognizes his voice, he is Poi, Quartermaster of the Fire Nation 11th regiment

OOC: since gin doesn't have the excavate seed, he'll start the tunneling from the bushes roughly ten feet from camp.

Pirate_King
2008-06-30, 08:08 AM
Han

Han positions himself to the side of the tent flap. Yun, could you give me a little breeze? I'd like to see who old Poi is shouting at and if he'll be much of a problem

What do I know about Poi?
Also, spot check if Yun gives me an inconspicuous "keyhole" to look through: [roll0]

Darkbane
2008-07-03, 10:24 PM
Whew. I'm sorry; I thought I'd be back online at the beginning of the week, but my internet's been all wonky. I'm back for now; if I take too long, assume something's gone wrong and NPC me. Hopefully the problem's fixed for now.
Yun
A gentle breeze blows, lifting the edge of the tent flap just enough for Han to sneak a look as Yun's voice glides to Han on a puff of wind. "Take a look, but be quick. I don't want anybody to notice us looking through."

((Not going to bother with rolling: Hand of Air is DC 5, so there's absolutely no way I can fail.))

Colt
2008-07-04, 06:38 AM
"Ya know, I'm really not cut out for this," mutters Gin as he begins to make the tunnel.

Should I make some kind of roll?

jagadaishio
2008-07-04, 02:35 PM
Okku

After Okku manages to freeze the tents shut, he positions himself next to one of the full water basins and readies himself to create an ice dome in case anyone gets noticed. A dome of ice around a guard calling for help should muffle him long enough for them to escape.