PDA

View Full Version : [star wars saga edition]Conquest destiny

Winged One
2008-02-29, 09:56 PM
This is a sample destiny for use in the Saga Edition of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game in addition to the sample destinies given in the core rulebook.
Conquest
Your destiny is to gain control of a location, such as a planet, star cluster, space station, or major galactic body(such as a large black hole cluster) on behalf of either yourself or a government to which you owe allegiance. It is unlikely that you will accomplish this single-handedly, but you will play a major role in the transfer of control or events leading up to it. A Rebel diplomat might convince the government of a planet to rebel openly against the Empire, or an Imperial admiral might oversee the brutal subjugation of a previously independent world. The target of this destiny should be of great importance to the party that gains control of it, and the current controllers of the location must put significant time and resources into attempting to keep you from taking control of the location. Examples of this destiny include Warlord Zsinj's conquest of the portion of the galaxy that was named after him for a time on his own behalf or a Jedi general's conquest of a strategically important Seperatist world on behalf of the Old Republic.
Destiny Bonus: For 24 hours, you and any allies within 10 squares of you gain a +2 destiny bonus on all damage rolls.
Destiny Penalty: You take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls for 24 hours.
Destiny Fulfilled: You gain a permanent +5 destiny bonus on checks made with one class skill of your choice. Also, if fulfilled on behalf of a government, the starting attitude of anyone who also owes allegiance to that government is likely to be one step more in your favor than it would otherwise be if they know of your part in the conquest.

lawful_evil
2008-03-01, 03:05 PM
I'm not sure how this is not just a version of the Rescue Destiny?

I guess, depending on which side of the situation you are on, you may not be rescuing something but capturing something that wouldn't normally be yours.

Some of the example destinies seem much easier to do. Especially if chosen by the player, this could seem open to abuse.

ie. Plot leads PCs to have to capture an Imperial base. Players select Conquest Destiny for that base.

This would seem less likely to happen if the goals are much broader and more grand. Conquest for a system. Genocide of the Gungan race. Etc.

Winged One
2008-03-01, 03:44 PM
Okay, geographical landmarks and cities are eliminated in favor of star clusters, space stations, and things like the Maw. Also, I misread the other sample destinies and forgot to put the need for difficulty for it to count. Mind, this makes it so the only examples I could think of were from the EU and not the movies, since Naboo wasn't contested enough and Palpatine getting the Republic was really more of a Corruption.