PDA

View Full Version : Harry Dresden vs Lord Voldemort

H. Zee
2008-03-01, 04:41 AM
Okay, time to contribute to the madness. :smallsmile: Battle of the wizards: Harry Dresden from The Dresden Files vs Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter. Who wins?

Lord Voldemort enters Dresden's home turf, Chicago, and starts kicking up a storm. Dresden goes one-on-one against him. Dresden has all his kit from the most recent book - new improved shield charm, blasting rod, staff, rings of kinetic energy, etc. Voldemort has his wand, but no Horcruxes.

So... Who comes out top?

Belial_the_Leveler
2008-03-01, 05:07 AM
Voldemort, hands-down.

Voldemort can become invisible while moving.
Voldemort can become utterly silent and still cast spells.
Voldemort can create impenetrable barriers.
Voldemort can tear down large buildings.
Voldemort can fly.
Voldemort can animate objects to fight for him.
Voldemort can kill most creatures with a single spell.
Voldemort can create beings from animated fire.
Voldemort can conjure/summon creatures to fight for him.
Voldemort can control others' minds with a word.
Most important: Voldemort can do any of the above at will without tiring as long as he has his wand. He can do small magic and fly even without his wand.

Harry Dresden can do more powerful quick combat spells but his max output in magic is less than Voldemort's and he is quite slower. In addition-and that's his major drawback-magic exhausts his energy.

H. Zee
2008-03-01, 05:43 AM
Voldemort can become invisible while moving. -- He probably can, but it's never been proven, to the best of my knowledge. He can use a Chameleon Charm to render himself almost-invisible, but then, Dresden can veil, and it's made pretty clear that his Sight can cut through any kind of concealing enchantment.
Voldemort can become utterly silent and still cast spells. -- But he doesn't, not very often, in the books. Also, so can Dresden, if he wants to.
Voldemort can create impenetrable barriers. -- Dresden can create equally impenetrable shields.
Voldemort can tear down large buildings. -- Dresden can burn them to the ground, and has done so many times.
Voldemort can fly. -- No argument there. Advantage: Voldy.
Voldemort can animate objects to fight for him. -- Dresden can destroy them with ease.
Voldemort can kill most creatures with a single spell. -- So can Dresden, using a torrent of Hellfire, or by simply flipping a car on top of them.
Voldemort can create beings from animated fire. -- See above - Hellfire.
Voldemort can conjure/summon creatures to fight for him. -- Can he? He's never done so in the books. I don't think so, anyway.
Voldemort can control others' minds with a word. -- Dresden can resist a freakin' major-league Fallen Angel. Imperio can be resisted by a determined 14-year-old (Harry Potter in The Goblet of Fire).

Still, I'll admit Voldy has the advantage, especially since you forgot that he can Apparate - that and flight are his two biggest advantages - but I genuinely believe Dresden has a fighting chance. He has several guns, most notably a .44, which I think Voldemort would find quite hard to counter if taken by surprise. Also: Voldemort was beaten by a teenager. So far, hasn't happened to Dresden, although I'll admit that Harry Potter had deus ex machina on his side.

Also, yes, magic exhausts Dresden, but it takes quite a lot of spells to do that and it's quite within the realms of possibility for Dresden to overcome Voldemort before this happens.