PDA

View Full Version : Drifting Blossoms

Yami
2008-03-01, 05:36 AM
The four travelers arrived at the Drifting Blossom seperately, but found themselves sharing a table, the place crowded with travelers and regulars. The food was good fare and though most avoided using plums, a nessesity for the regulars, there was an excellent duck in plum sauce offered to travellers. Tea and local plum wine are readily available, and the five had the good luck to sit near an open window, looking out over the breathtaking fields of plum trees, the main export for the little trade town.

It was after an hour or two of conversation, when the food was done and clear and night was just settling when the ruffians came in. The pack was a rowdy and noisy bunch, full of swagger and good cheer and lead by a large and hefty lout. One self styled 'Rolling Thunder', armoured with obvious battlefield scavange and armed with a large mace.

The group eyes the table the four share, most pointedly watching the only other two in the establishment wearing any armour. (Assuming you keep it on inside towns.)

It's as the old saying goes 'a man with a blade is prepared for trouble. A man with armour expects it.'

Fortunately the large one seems not to care, and is pointedly ignoring the strangers, thumping the table he cleared and demanding his wine. With thier leader seemingly unconcerned the thugs do not appear inclined to make any trouble. Or at least any more trouble, the wine has just started flowing at their table and already Rolling Thunder is diverting someine else's meal to his plate.

Ruik
2008-03-02, 08:30 AM
Ikiruhe Kefosi (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=43093)

Ikiruhe watches the new commers over the top of his drink, taking note of the way they treat the other patrons in the establishment. In consideration of the political situation in his host country, he still wears his armor. Now, with this new development, he moves the blade he had lent up against the table closer into reach.

After silently observing the new group of warriors, Ikiruhe turns to the rest of his companions and observes in a sotto voice "Is it common among your lands for warriors to take from the mouths of those who can otherwise not defend themselves? They seem to have little regard for their actions..."

Fisher
2008-03-02, 10:45 PM
Reed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=42466)
Across the table from Ikiruhe sits Lin Reed, quietly sipping a warm cup of Green Tea. His travel bag and belongings lay beside his feet while at his side atop the table rests several sheets of blank paper. Pausing momentarily from his drink, he responds:

"It's not often I've seen such blatant disregard and disrespect for others. These men or most likely cowards instead of warriors, hiding behind their own strength," he quietly responds.

Taking another slow sip from his tea he casually glances in the direction of the new comers. Turning back toward the table he says with a sigh:

"Judging by how fast they're chugging that wine I fear it will soon become quite rowdy here. There goes the peaceful evening," he adds with a small grin.

Just in case it matters, here are the spells Reed has prepared for the day.

Lvl 0 (4)
Create Paper, Prestidigitation x2, and Journey to the West
Lvl 1 (4)
Piercing Ray x2, Paper Ladder, and Obscuring Mists
Lvl 2 (3)
Paper Armor and Wall of Paper x2

Kirkle
2008-03-03, 03:08 AM
Jin sits beside Reed with a bored look on his face as he listens to his companions speak. As Reed makes his last comment he leans forward with interest.

"Oh? Well this even more interesting than I thought, it was getting to be an awful bore. Do you really think they will want to cause trouble?", he asked his new friends.

He looked at Rolling Thunder and his men as they yelled for more drink.

"I don't believe they will be all that capable of starting trouble if they keep consuming wine at that rate...", he said seeming concerned.

Ruik
2008-03-03, 08:08 AM

Ikiruhe considers the group getting rapidly inebriated with a neutral expression on his face before looking back at Jin.

"It depends what you consider trouble. If it is threat to life and limb, then I do not believe they will be much trouble if they continue as you say. If you consider trouble to be a group of drunken louts starting a fight in the common room, I think that to be a more likely scenario."

eex
2008-03-03, 02:34 PM
Shinji (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=43747)

Shinji looks over Jins shoulder at the group of bandits and sighs loudly.

"It appears our new 'guests' will indeed start trouble rather soon" Shinji bends his head to the side "At least that is what I would assume from seeing the great amounts of wine they drink and the speed at which the consumes this".

Shinji lifts the white mask just enough to be able to drink from his bottle of wine, his face though is still covered by a sheet of thin white cloth.
"Hmmmmm..." The extended sound starts out high pitched and grows deeper as he goes on. "I would suggest we decide if we are willing to be in a fight or if we are not, for if we are here when the fight starts I would assume from their looks as they entered that some of them will attack us of it comes to that".

He takes a long look at his belongings, a filled backpack, a rolled up bedroll and his spear, a masterpiece. Its edge is engraved with a rune on each side and the shaft is rolled with leather straps. Underneath the backpack lies another roll of dark red cloth and inside it lies his chain mail.
He suddenly wishes he had it on.

Fisher
2008-03-03, 11:52 PM
Reed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=42466)
"Things may liven up later, but we can deal with that when it happens. For now there's little harm in enjoying a night's drink," he says while half raising his cup to present company. After a few minutes, however, his curiosity gets the better of him.

"I suppose there's no harm in finding out who they are."

Waiting for one of the waiters or waitresses to walk by he quietly asks, "Excuse me, but who are the gentleman who just came in. Are they regulars here?"

Attempting a Gather Info check. If I can take 10 I will, otherwise here's the roll.
Skill Roll: [roll0]

Edit: Looks like someones had a little too much tea for the night. :smallsmile:

Yami
2008-03-04, 03:30 AM
The waiter stops when Reed hails him, his polite impatience replaceD with a glimmer in his eyes when he's asked to share the local gossip.

"These louts come by a couple of times a week, with few more every time, all just following the big guy. He just showed up about a month ago back when we had a killer running loose-" the waiter starts, just getting into his story when a crash and a shout interupts the tale.

A waitress by the troublesome table stands wide eyed and trembling while one of the ruffians tugs on her arm. unnoticed by the two Rolling Thunder leaps to his feet, his chair still falling over as he grabs the offending man by his leather jerkin. With the rest of the rabble laughing and the noise of the place it is hard to hear the conversation between the two, but the huge man's voice carries, and amongst the five Ikiruhe is able to make out the words "civil additude," "not a bandit anymore" and "here to protect."

Of course, all this commotion draws away your informant, who rushes to help clean up.

Ruik
2008-03-04, 07:22 AM

Ikiruhe gives rolling thunder a considerate, yet discreet, look before he turns back the the group and picks up his wine. Looking over the rim, he speaks in a soft voice.

"It would seem that our bandit leader is trying to rise above his past, and he expects his followers to do the same. Perhaps there will be no trouble after all."

He rests his arms comfortably on the table, content to ignore the situation for the moment.

Kirkle
2008-03-04, 11:53 PM
Falling back into a bored slump Jin crosses his arms over his chest and looks disappointedly at his empty cup. After a short consideration of the undecorated piece of cutlery he tilted his head to the side and asks

"Why would bandits in these parts reform into local protectors? The pickings in these parts must be more than ample to keep them in good stead, considering the word of all the brigands moving in. And considering the increase in such groups would it not just make such a career move more troublesome?"

He turned again to regard the rowdy table, then shook his head slightly and waved a passing servant over and ordered a pot of green tea.

"At least we can enjoy the tea, my treat"

Yami
2008-03-07, 06:27 AM
The night continues, and though the ruffians cause some trouble here and there, the one called Rolling Thunder manages to keep them on enough of a lease to please the five. No blows are traded, no blades drawn, and though bodies fall, it is only from too much drink.

With their journeys weighing upon their limbs and a good meal heavy in their stomachs the five travelers leave to find loggings, promising to meet at the Drifting Blossom again in the morning, to discuss their plans for the future. To decide where and when to make their mark upon this war torn land.

And of course, the most telling question. How do they wish to do so?

Fisher
2008-03-11, 10:10 AM
Reed
Rising early the next day, Reed went about his morning routine. After washing up and studying several pages from the old tome he carried with him, he paid the innkeeper and departed into town to join his fellow adventurers.

Walking towards the Drifting Blossom, he couldn't help but enjoy the quiet and serene morning. For all he knew it may be the most peaceful part of the oncoming day. Seeing that there was still a bit of time till the proposed meeting, Reed decided to wander the streets for a few minutes and see the town. Perhaps there was a marketplace nearby where he could buy some fruit or meet the locals.

Reed's about an hour early before the meeting. In the meantime he'll wander about and gather some info about recent going-ons around town.

Gather Info: [roll0]

Spells for the day

Lvl 0 (4)
Create Paper x2
Detect Magic x2

Lvl 1 (4)
Piercing Ray x4

Lvl 2 (3)
Paper Armor
Wall of Paper x2

Ruik
2008-03-12, 08:07 AM

Ikiruhe began his morning with a some simple stretches and meditation to clear his mind, focusing his consciousness. With his daily routine complete, he gathered his belongings, paid for his room, and began to make his way towards the Drifting Blossom.

Walking purposefully, but in no particular hurry, Ikiruhe let his senses roam, taking in the sights and sounds of people starting their day.

Once at the Drifting Blossom, he found a table to himself, setting down his backpack and weapon within reach, and ordered himself a light breakfast while he waits for the others to arrive.

eex
2008-03-12, 04:46 PM
Shinji

Shinji stands up from a chair further back at the drifting blossom and walks up to the table where Ikiruhe Kefosi sits.
He takes a gulp from a bottle of wine. "Hello again Swordsman Kefosi." He sits down and also orders some breakfast. "Have you seen the others, hmmm?"

Kirkle
2008-03-12, 10:58 PM
Jin

Jin wakes at daybreak and leaves the gambling parlor where he had spent the night. He takes a walk through the morning markets and makes his way to the Drifting Blossom to meet with his new companions. Walking through the store fronts he takes note of the different wares, the wealth of home made wares available in these places had not worn old on him in all the time he had spent away from the monastry. After inspecting the wares of a silk merchant he made way to the Blossom.

Upon entering the establishment he walks to Kefosi and Shinji and asks, "I see we are together again" he looks about the room, "except for Reed, should we wait for him or just order a meal now?"

Yami
2008-03-13, 03:36 AM
The market isn't yet bustling, but still does brisk business with the other early risers in the town, and a few travelers stand about talking business with the merchants while the two caravans in town prepare to leave. However, Reed's early excursion proves rather fruitless as the only thing wants to talk about is the news that Rolling Thunder and his lot went hunting for bandits. The poor Wu Jen gets earful after earful of speculation and worries, but nothing more concrete than rumors.

As Reed enters the Drifting Blossom he notices that it has cleaned up nicely from last night, with the annoyed proprietress the only sign that anything had happened. A few moments after that he spots his new comrades already seated, a waitress ready to take orders.

Fisher
2008-03-13, 08:46 AM
Reed
The town had been fun to explore, even if it was only for an hour. The locals had been friendly and the town was easy to navigate. He never did find that fruit stall though. Perhaps he could get an apple at the Drifting Blossom.

Arriving a few short minutes after the others, Reed finds an empty seat and sits.

"Morning," he begins. I was exploring the town and about lost track of time. Am I too late to order breakfast?

Ruik
2008-03-13, 08:56 AM

Ikiruhe smiles as Shinji walks over to join him and nods his head politely, gesturing for him to sit. "I have not seen anyone yet, but I assume they will join us presently."

He nod's again when Jin comes in, and tries to attract the attention of a waiter. "I was just about to order myself some food when Shinji arrived. I expect that Reed will be here in his own time."

Ikiruhe is half-way through ordering a light breakfast as Reed joins the group. He finishes his order and then gestures to the rest of the group. "Actually, friend, you are right on time."

Fisher
2008-03-13, 11:48 AM
Reed
"That is good to hear," Reeds says with a slight grin.

After ordering a light breakfast for himself and a pot of tea for the group, Reed turned his attention toward the agenda for the day. Waiting for the others to finish their orders and for the waiter to depart, he says

"During my walk I had the opportunity to talk to some of the locals. It seems that Rolling Thunder and his group have gone to hunt bandits. Pausing a moment he continued. "We talked at some length yesterday about journeying together. There are many places we could go to, where should we start?"

Ruik
2008-03-14, 09:28 AM

Ikiruhe sips his tea, closing his eyes briefly to savor the taste. Opening his eye's once more, he sets the drink down carefully before looking back up at the group.

"Well, if it is a journey we wish to undertake, then some company is never a bad thing. Perhaps we should find some merchants or a wagon train and offer them our services? I feel restless, and have no particular desire to head to any one place."

Kirkle
2008-03-16, 10:17 PM
Jin

"That sounds like a good a plan as any to me, though I am open to whatever the three of you wish to do, as long as it is not too mundane." Jin said, "lets just make the decision and be about it this day"

He regarded the pot in the center of the table and poured himself a cup, sitting it in front of him.

"I really do not like to stay in one place for too long with so much of this land to explore"

Fisher
2008-03-18, 12:01 PM
Reed
"Guarding a few merchants sounds like a good idea. If I recall correctly, there was a caravan near the marketplace when I was out walking earlier. Perhaps we could check with them and see if they need help."

Pouring a cup of tea for himself, he slowly sipped it's contents.

Sounds like the caravan it is. :smallsmile:

If we're all agreed, we can probably move on to the marketplace once breakfast arrives. Unless you guys want to continue talking.

Yami
2008-03-18, 01:07 PM
As the travelers chat and hammer out thier plans thier meal arrives. Not quite as sumptious as last night's dinner the food is still delicious and plentiful. A miniature feast to start your day contented.

When the would be guards finish thier meal and leave to find the caravans they reach them as they finish thier preperations at the edge of town. The four soon learn that the larger group, consisting of three wagons run by three different merchants, plans to head east and already has eight guardsmen. The smaller caravan plans on heading north, to pick up more goods before heading back, and has only four guardsmen to it's two wagons, but they are all mounted.

Niether seems in a great hurry to leave and the the two groups intermingle freely while they wait for these new arrivals to decide who to approach.

Ruik
2008-03-22, 07:42 AM

Ikiruhe surveys the wagons briefly and then turns to the group as he absently munches on a piece of leftover fruit from breakfast.

"It looks like the caravan going east has more than enough guards already. Besides, if we can get employment with the caravan going north, we may even be able to ride in the wagons from time to time, seeing as the other guards are already mounted."

He tosses away the remains of the fruit and grins.

eex
2008-03-23, 03:58 PM
Shinji

"I like your way of thinking, swordsman Kefosi" He turns to the others "I agree with Kefosi, going north sounds like the more interesting choice here, and hopefully he is right and we won't need to acquire horses, although I am almost certain I could get a horse if so would be needed."
Shinji corrects the mask before adding, "What think you?"

Fisher
2008-03-23, 05:53 PM
Reed
"Going north seems like a sound idea. The merchants don't look to be in any hurry, we should still have time to arrange passage."

Kirkle
2008-03-23, 06:35 PM
Jin

"Well I suppose the choice has been made, let us make the arrangements" he pauses uncertainly, "though I will have to ride upon the caravan, I have never learned how to ride."

Ruik
2008-03-25, 07:15 AM

Nodding to the group, Ikiruhe turns and moves towards the leaders of the caravans.

"Excuse me kind sirs. We are given to understand that you will be heading North soon, and would like to offer our services as guards for the journey."

eex
2008-03-25, 07:58 AM
Shinji

Shinji moves up to stand next to and slightly behind Kefosi, ready to "Help explain" the matter if so would be needed.

Yami
2008-03-25, 05:25 PM
The guardsmen maintain a relaxed yet watchful presence while the merchant appraises the four of you. He finally gives a nod asks, "Horses? No matter, as long as you can keep up. Times are not what they used to be."

Pointing at Shinji and Ikiruhe he continues. "I offer five silver a day for you two, and three for your comrades. You will get paid when I stop at a city to trade. If you wish I am heading all the way up to the edge of the orc lands, though my first stop is the small kingdom of Meng De."

He then leans back and awaits your response.

Ruik
2008-03-26, 08:50 AM

Ikiruhe inclines his head to the wagon master and twists toward his companions in a fluid movement, looking to see whether they too agree to the proposal.

eex
2008-03-26, 05:04 PM
Shinji

Shinji shrugs and leans forward to whisper in Kefosis ear.
"Sounds fine to me, I could probably have him give a higher price if you find it necessary."

Fisher
2008-03-27, 11:30 AM
Reed
Nodding in hesitant agreement to Ikiruhe unspoken question, Reed stayed back to allow the others to negotiate the terms. For the past several years he had lived as a nomad like many Wu-Jen, traveling the land in search of knowledge. Being paid to travel was a refreshing experience.

Breaking off from the conversation, Reed took a moment to observe the small caravan.

So there are two wagons and four other guardsman? Adding the merchant and our small band that'll make nine people all together. I wonder what it is they plan to trade...

Stopping short, the Wu-Jen halted his train of thought. What they were selling was no business of his unless they decided to tell him. Turning his thoughts back to the group's conversation he resumed listening to the negotiations.

Ruik
2008-03-28, 08:58 AM

Seeing a fairly general consensus, Ikiruhe turns back to the leader of the caravan and bows slightly once more, hands held wide in a traditional gesture of friendship.

"On behalf of my companions then I do accept your offer. We shall travel with you. When do we leave?"

He also keeps the other guards in his peripheral vision, trying to gauge their reaction to several more guards joining the caravan.

Yami
2008-03-30, 08:03 PM
"We were just about to leave actually, but we can wait for you to gather your things. We'll be stopping early tonight before leaving these lands."

The foreign warrior, aware of the guards behavior notices two of them share glances and shake their heads. The others appear unconcerned with the newcomers. As Reed cannot tell what is in the barrels and crates within the wagons, full as they are they are also covered and closed.

Soon enough the caravan leaves with the four adventurers in tow, traveling along the edge of Dang An. The day passes well with some clouds and wind but only the occasional uneasy glances from other travelers and a few dotted refugee camps give any sign that all is not right in the world. There is much time to talk on the road and despite the rather tight lips of the guardsmen on of them does open up to the group.

Among other things you learn the bulk of of the caravan is supposedly food supplies for the bandit plagued lands. Turning a profit from the plight of others. You also learn that two of the guards are new, replacements for losses last year. Otherwise the guards talks often, but says little.

The merchant pays for some meager lodgings and a meal for you and grabs a room for himself when you pull into a small town on the northern edge of this kingdom. On the morrow you'll be leaving for troubled lands early, in hopes of crossing as much land as you can.

Kirkle
2008-04-01, 01:10 AM
Jin

Walking with the group Jin looks around with interest, taking in the new surroundings.

"It was good of the merchant to pay for our lodgings, although I seem to get the idea that he is quite..." he searched for the word, "well he guards his coffers well"

Ruik
2008-04-02, 07:26 AM

Ikiruhe keeps his peace for the most part during the journey, content to let others speak and learn more about their new companions.

In response to Jin, he glances back at the wagons and looks around before turning back. "Considering where we are going and how dangerous he seems to think it will be, I am not entirely surprised at what he thinks is necessary to guard his merchandise. I will concede, however, that he is a very... prudent... businessman."

Appreciative of the thought, however meager the meal may be, Ikurhe tucks in when they make camp and then settles down to relax, clearing mind and body for the march on the morrow.

Yami
2008-04-05, 11:42 PM
The morning brings a heavy cloud cover with it, promising rain. The merchant wishes to press ahead into the mountain pass seperating this kingdom and the next before the weather makes travel to unpleasant. Today will not be an easy one.

The day starts easy enough, but a few hours in a group of six soldiers approach from along side the road, thier gear in some disrepair. Their eyes on your weapons and the cart, the men seem satisfied to watch from a distance of 30 ft.

eex
2008-04-07, 09:54 AM
Shinji

Shinji walks up next to Kefosi, apparently seeing him as the leader after his talk with the merchant.
"Could be trouble or it could be people in need of help" He apparently speaks about the soldiers at the side of the road.

"What do you suggest we do?"

Ruik
2008-04-09, 08:20 AM

Ikiruhe matches the gaze of the disheveled soldiers calmly, eye for eye, hand resting comfortably on the hilt of the sword. He keeps them in view as he speaks out allowed, directing his answer to Shinji.

"As long as they are content to stay over there, then I have no quarrel with them. We have half again their numbers, and soldiers do not normally take those odds unless they are pressed or have some other advantage. If they are in need of help... Well that is up to our employer more than us."

He nods cordially at the soldiers as the caravan draws close to them, tensing ever so slightly as he waits for them to make their move.

Yami
2008-04-12, 03:17 AM
The merchant and his guards give the soldiers little notice, save to make sure their crossbows are loaded and keeping their eyes open for trouble. And the soldiers treat them with the same guarded indifference.

Ikiruhe's small gesture of respect however seems to take the men by suprise, though they return the favor quick enough. One of them looks the foreign warrior over with interest and, seeing Ikiruhe an equal, his demeanor changes quickly.

"The village of Shui Leng just at the end of the pass was taken by brigands a few days ago. Real marauders, not like our outfit." He offers. "Two dozen at least according to a peasant that managed to escape."

Having lost interest in the caravan, the soldiers turn and head back for the rocks and hills, already looking the way you came to see if others might follow.

This news quickly gains the interest of your employer, who suggests the caravan halt and discuss the issue once they've put these men behind them.

Fisher
2008-04-12, 04:34 PM
Reed
Watching the departing soldiers cautiously, Reed breathes a sigh of relief. From his position beside the second wagon it would've been difficult to counter the soldiers on the opposite side. After a few rapid steps he quickly catches up to Ikiruhe and Shinji.

"Good job Ikiruhe. If not for you words that encounter could've gone south rather quickly. What do you suppose the merchant will choose to do? If there are as many people as the soldiers say, we'll have some difficulty passing through the lands ahead.

Ruik
2008-04-15, 07:08 AM

Ikiruhe looks subdued as the soldiers move on, and seems to take a moment to focus on what Reed is saying.

"I suppose it is possible that could have ended badly, however I do not think they wished for a fight. You may be right, however, but I guess we shall never know. As for our employer, I would imagine he will choose the path of least resistance and, more importantly, the safest one."

Ikiruhe nods his consent to the merchants suggestion, and looks to the others to see what they think.

Yami
2008-04-15, 07:53 PM
As the cavan halts two of the guards maintain a watch, patrolling about on thier horses so the rest of you can focus on the problem at hand. The the other two guards dismount and join the circle at the behest of the mechant who speaks first.

"The first problem is wether or not those men spoke the truth. It's not too uncommon for a band of outlaws to redirect traffik into thier nets. Granted if they were trying to lead us into an ambush, I'd have expected them to fake a bit more concern for us, but it is still a possiblity. The second problem is the other passes. Only three routes are large enough for us to pass safely, the rest are mere foot paths." The merchant tries to draw a crude map for your benifit, but the ground is too hard and rocky here to support one, so he presses on without the visual aid. "Even if we ditched the unnessisary goods, we'd still be overburdened if we got caught taking them, and that's a risk I'm not willing to take. So we're left with these three route, of which this is the middle, and had been the safest, patroll by the turtle kings troops. The route to the west leads to a small mountain kingdom and the king there has seized caravans in the past, so that one's just as bad for our purposes. The route to the east might be safer at first, but to get back into the mountains we'd have to go through the broken kingdom, right through the war front, so there's no guarantee we wont run into the same problem there."

"I feel then, that we should press on, hoping that those men were trying to lure us elsewhere, but on the look out for bandits here. They said that it was the town that was taken, and if I recall the pass opens into the valley before the town starts?" The last is phrased as more of a question as the merchant looks to one of the guards for confirmation.

"It does." he grungingly admits, "but not by much. We'd have some tree cover but we'd be pushing through the brush which would take time and make noise, and that's assuming we could get that far unnoticed. If a group went through the trouble of taking the town, then they no doubt want the pass, and that would mean scouts watching the road. We'd have to take out thier sentries; that takes stealth, and we've already had that talk..."

As the guard trails off both he and the merchant look towards the four new hires...

Fisher
2008-04-24, 11:22 AM
Reed
Supposing those bandits were telling the truth the safest pass would be to the west would seem safest. A chance of being overtaken is better than knowing you'll be ambushed. Perhaps we could use their intel to our advantage however, thought Reed.

Looking to the merchant he asked, "Is there any way we could sneak around the village or pass through in the dead of night to avoid the brigands? If there really are two dozen or more our group will have quite some trouble. It would be better if there is room in the valley to circle around to avoid an encounter, but if they did want the pass I agree that there'd be scouts."

"What if the four of us went forward to scout the valley for any activity. Once we know more we'll return and we can make a more concise plan.

Sorry for the inactivity guys. Finals are just around the corner and I've been trying to finish up some projects. It'll be the same story this coming week as well, but I'll try and be around to post.

eex
2008-04-24, 01:24 PM
Shinji

Shinji had been quiet during the merchants talk and then listened to what Reed had to say. After he had finished Shinji spoke up in his haunting voice.
"I would agree with Reed that sending a small search party out to take a look at whether there has really been an attack against village. After all a couple of men have an easier time turning around that a caravan with wagons." He shifts his mask a little bit and looks as if he was about to say something else but decides to stay quiet.

Ruik
2008-04-24, 09:29 PM

Ikiruhe looks around the group before speaking. "If we are to send out scouts, it would be wise to move the caravan. Even if they were not trying to lead us into an ambush, those soldiers may decide to come back for us, or tell others we are here. It need not be far, just out of sight of this place. We can make a small perimeter and await the scouts report."

Yami
2008-04-26, 05:04 AM
"Like I said there is a bit of forest we could go through to get around the town, but the pass would be the problem; until then it's rather narrow. Going through in the dead of night might work," the guards admits, "but with only the moon to light our way, we be pretty blind. And if we do take to the woods we'd be liable to raise a ruckus crashing through."

As the guards stands back to consider the options the merchant looks towards Shinji and Ikiruhe with worry. "Would you even be able to sneak about in that armour?"

"The pass goes through the mountains for quite a ways. I think your right. Should the four of you sneak through we would have to hide the caravan out here, there's really no place in the pass to hide it."

Pulling a small flask out of his pouch the merchant offers it towards the group. "If you are going to go ahead, take this. It's a draught that some southern monks make for their wounded."

Ruik
2008-04-30, 02:28 AM

Ikiruhe shakes his head at the mention of all four going. "I believe if we are going to send out scouts there should be no more than two, and they should be those among us that can move with the greatest care and stealth. Our first priority is to ensure that the caravan is safe."

He looks thoughtfully at the caravan before continuing. "I am not usually the first to suggest violence, however this has been the safest route in the past. Should there be only a small band in the village, it might be worth attempting to force passage. We would most likely have to kill or restrain all those who fight us however, or risk them returning with more warriors."

eex
2008-04-30, 08:47 AM
Shinji

"I will agree that I am not the best at the art of hiding, I do have some other skills that can come in handy though. And don't worry about the armor, I use said item mostly for looks anyway, I can easily remove it to increase my ability to sneak."

"Though If you thing I'd be of more assistance staying behind I wouldn't mind."

Kirkle
2008-05-01, 05:37 PM
Jin

"i believe I would be well suited to solving this proplem, I can move quietly and my method of combat does not require alot of noise" he looks at the heavy armour and blades that surround him, "also I can move much faster than my companions"

Fisher
2008-05-03, 11:20 AM
Lin Reed (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=42466)
Listening tentatively to the groups conversation Reed adds, "If we are to scout ahead, I have several tools that could aid us. That is, if it's alright that I come along. I know I'm not the stealthiest amongst the group but I can contribute in other ways."

Having said this, Reed began to mentally inventory what tools would help with the upcoming task. He had spoken vaguely on purpose, knowing that his employer still thought of him as just another bodyguard or at most a simple mage. Caution was a Wu-Jen's ally after all.

Yami, is it alright if I write up a new spell list or would you prefer I stick to the one from a few "days" ago? My previous spells for the day is listed on post #12. If it's not alright, I still have a few talismans that can use similar spells. Here's the new list, if it's alright to switch:

Spells for the day

Lvl 0
1 Ghost Sound
2 Message
1 Create Paper

Lvl 1
1 Obscuring Mists
2 Paper Avatar
1 Paper Ladder

Lvl 2
2 Piercing Ray
1 Wall of Paper

Paper Related Magic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71163)

Yami
2008-05-03, 08:59 PM
"Well, I suppose you should choose who else is to join you." the merchants tells Jin as he hands him the flask. "And do try to bring that concoction back, the monks don't exactly part with them willingly."

The guardsman nods his acceptance of Jin and sweeps gestures towards the other three. "Sending out one man is a poor plan any way you slice it. You should at least choose someone to watch your back."

Spell selection, is assumed to be as it was. You can change out your spell list after the day is done, but since there was no prior warning that you may need to sneak, I don't see why you would have changed your spell selection that morning.

Fisher
2008-05-03, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the reply Yami, that's perfectly understandable. I'll leave it the way it is then. :smallsmile:

Kirkle
2008-05-05, 12:50 AM
Jin

Nodding his thanks to the merchant as he put the flask in his sash Jin turns to the guardsman. "You speak true, it would be a great help to have an ally in this task" he says smiling to his freinds, "I believe Master Reed would be most suitable in this, his abilities with the spirits shall be of great help to shield me from harm should we have to face any of these outlaws".

"Not that a few hungry men with sticks would be any trouble", Jin thought to himself, but it was better to be sure, especially against an unknown adversary.

Fisher
2008-05-06, 09:43 PM
Nodding in acceptance, Reed removes two miniature paper lanterns from one of his belt pouches.

Handing one to Jin he says, "If something happens beyond our control, we can use these as a type of signal fire. That way if we're ambushed or captured the rest of the group will be aware of the danger. All you have to do is crush the lantern to activate it."

Turning to Ikiruhe he asked, "Ikiruhe, could you watch my pack for me? I don't want to be too encumbered while we're scouting. It could be a liability during a pivotal moment."

Besides one set of rations, I'll leave everything else in the pack. I'll also leave 4 of the potion tiles behind and a pint of oil. Otherwise, Reed is ready. =)

Ruik
2008-05-07, 04:44 AM

Ikiruhe frowns momentarily at Jin before a small grin tugs the corner of his mouth. "Do not underestimate these men with sticks Jin. They may prove a challenge, or they may not, however any conflict is a loss for us, unless we kill them all, for they will simply return in greater numbers, and it will be hard for this caravan to out run them!"

He accepts the pack from Reed and places next to his own in one of the nearby carts. "I shall watch over it for you - just make sure you are watching over each other."

He then looks round the group and gestures towards the sky. "Time moves on, and so should we. Good luck."

Fisher
2008-05-07, 04:40 PM
"My thanks, Ikiruhe. Don't worry, Jin and I will use the utmost caution. We'll be back before you know it.

With a nod in thanks, Reed left to finish his scouting preparations. Hopefully he wasn't forgetting anything.

Finished my finals. On to the summer (and summer work)!

Yami
2008-05-07, 05:19 PM
As Jin and Reed head up the road, the wagons make ready to head off the road and into some nearby woods to await thier return. For this reason it is the two scouts who see the figure first.

A lone rider on horseback rounds curve in the road up ahead, riding towards the caravan with one arm held up in greeting. As the figure closes the two can make out a distinctly inhuman face on the rider, and are quick to warn the others of the potential threat.

The caravan however, does not respond as expected, and the guards lower their crossbows upon seeing the rider. "You're Late!" Bellows the wagon master before the figure has even gotten halfway to the group. "We were to meet hours ago. We could have been attacked!"

alchemyprime
2008-05-08, 07:16 AM
Bram (http://rustmonster.net/sheet/?view=1243)

The rider pulls down his cowl and smiles out of a big, wolf-like face. (http://alchemyprime.deviantart.com/art/Bram-the-Burglar-85072153)

"I'm sorry, i'm sorry. The ride was longer than I thought and I had to go and take a different route back to keep the bandits from chasing me."

He jumps off of his spotted horse and strokes her muzzle.
He has a very thin, obviously foreign blade on his side. He rubs his big furry hands together and smiles at the caravan. "But I'm back." His face becomes serious very suddenly.

"I have no idea if the main road is guarded. I do know that the bandits have a whole slew of archers with some very sharp arrows. I met a travelling priest on the way back who was able to pray for my health. Otherwise I'd still be bleeding a lot. They don't seem to have any horses or anything that could be used as a mount. Trust me, I'd ridden basically anything that could be.

"Hostages are fine. They are unharmed because a dead hostage is dead weight, a living hostage is colatteral. One of my old senseis taught me that.

"If you're going to attack, do so during the day. If not for that priest and his spirit friend, I wouldn't have made it. Demons dance upon the sky, earth and water at night in those hills. Fearsome ones."

The wolf man sees the new members of the caravan, and walks straight up to Ikiruhe. He bows and looks Ikiruhe in the eyes. "I am Bram. Many call me Lang or Burglar. Whatever you wish to call me is fine, as long as Inu is in no way a part of it. If I may ask, who are you?"

Fisher
2008-05-08, 11:14 AM
Turning around swiftly as the rider passes Reed looks to Jin and says, "It looks like we have a new arrival. We should go back to the group. The rider might have some information that makes our scouting attempt unnecessary.

Having said this he begins to walk back towards the camp.

I wonder who the rider is, he thought quietly to himself.

Kirkle
2008-05-08, 04:56 PM
Jin

"Indeed", Jin said nodding his agreement, speeding up to match his companions pace.

Keeping his attention focussed on the newcomer as they approach Jin asks Reed, "freind, you know of the kami and the otherworld, is this some form of tame demon that walks into our camp to open arms? For it surely is not anything I have yet seen in my travels."

As they near the group Jin gets more and more tense, obviously distrustful of the wolf man.

alchemyprime
2008-05-08, 09:23 PM
Bram looks to Jin and smiles a big toothy grin.
"Allow me to explain. I do not know where I am from. I know that I had a mother once. However, a cruel man in a red mask slew her. The Yakuza took me in shortly thereafter, once I was almost starved to death.

"They trained me. They hardened me. But when I reached... my 120th full moon since I joined them, I saw a vision. A dragon came to me and told me to take the honorable path and attone.

"So I did. And I joined a small group of reformed criminals called the Shirryyu. And that is what my ring is. I know not if I be Kami or Yokai, or something else. I just know that this foreigner's blade feels greater in my hand then any blade made in the forges of this one."

Bram looks to Jin. "I hope that you can trust me. I protect my friends. I am a lang, after all." He then smiles at Ikiruhe and Reed. He bows very low in an attempt to prove his loyalty. "And I appologize for over hearing. My ears are sensitive, like a dog's."

Fisher
2008-05-09, 04:00 AM
About to answer, Reed stops when Bram answers Jin's question for him. It was surprising how well the rider could hear. Having reached the camp's perimeter he stopped and returned the bow to the new arrival.

"It's nice to meet you Bram, " he said while tucking a sheet of paper back into his pocket. "I look forward to working together."

It seemed there was no need to expect hostility. In fact the rider appeared rather cordial.

Yami
2008-05-09, 06:25 PM
"Well then Lang, so now you've met the new hires. We need to get through this pass and that means we need to clear out any bandit scouts. These two here are going to scout ahead for us, and I want you to go with them." the merchant says, while the guardsmen nod a silent greeting to their odd companion.

Ruik
2008-05-10, 06:06 AM

For his part Ikiruhe returns the bow, if somewhat more guarded, and eyes the newcomer with a weary expression. "As long as you are known to our employer then I welcome you... friend..."

He looks at Jin, Reed and Bram in turn before continuing. "I believe we should continue as planned. We will find a more defensible place to await your return."

eex
2008-05-10, 02:07 PM
Shinji

Shinji silently listens to the conversation the newcomer brought with him and after Kefosi speaks he bows down just the slightest.
"I likewise trust you if you are known to our employees" The plain white mask shifts a little as Shinji speaks. "I suggest we start moving, I dislike surprises so we should move the wagons as soon as we are able" He stays silent for a short while before talking again "May your feet stay quiet and your faces unseen, Go."

alchemyprime
2008-05-10, 06:54 PM
Bram nods, puts his cowl back on and remounts his horse.
"Shuulkaan khruul Muugaan, kaar an kerthaan al'taal."
To those that know goblinoid

Come now Horse, let us ride ahead.

how do you type in a roll? I want to do a Ride check if needed...

Fisher
2008-05-10, 10:50 PM
"Yes, we should move out now while we can. We'll return when we can with whatever information we can gather."

With a nod goodbye Reed leaves to follow the departing Bram.

Kirkle
2008-05-11, 06:17 PM
Jin

Staring intently at Bram through the entire exchange Jin now looks to Kefosi, "I trust your judgment swordsman....", he seemed about to say more but instead turned and followed the scouting party.

Yami
2008-05-12, 02:21 AM
The scouts, now three in number, move up into the pass while the caravan pulls off the road and heads towards the nearby tree cover. The guards, with little else to do but chat, loosen up after the first few hours and start swapping tales amongst each other and with the adventurers staying behind.

Jin and Reed, though skilled enough on their own, find the going easier with Bram's expertise. Even so speed is the price one pays for stealth and with all the blind corners and switchbacks in the road their travel through the pass bogs down. Worse yet, though none of the three have noticed any signs of a lookout, not a one of them can say for certain they're aren't any, or that their passage went unnoticed. The pass itself is free of ambush so far, but that is little consolation.

It grows late by the time Jin's group makes it to a large clearing a few shacks that marks the halfway point of the pass. At this rate it will be night by the time they reach the town, and should they not hurry back, day by the time they reach the caravan. They could abandon their skulking to buy time and a half a nights rest, but all understand the price of that gamble. The shacks themselves look disused and worn down but there are signs of recent fires in the midst of the clearing. In fact Jin is rather certain that there is a large fire here of a regular basis.

alchemyprime
2008-05-12, 09:29 PM
Bram looks around. "Hrrrmmm..." his humming sounding like a slight growl. "a fire is here normally... perhaps every night, maybe every other, definitely once or twice a week... it could be a demon, but I'd suspect bandits." Bram thinks.
"I do not need rest too dearly. I think I shall be fine for another day. But if either of you need rest, a clearing like this may work, and I can keep watch."

(OOC: Okay, seriously. I forgot how to roll on the boards. I want to make a search, and a listen. Any help?)

Ruik
2008-05-14, 04:24 AM
Try (roll)1d20+?(/roll), replacing with square brackets and the question mark with your relevant modifier.

If you want to put detail into the roll, you could try:

[roll=listen]

Fisher
2008-05-16, 11:29 AM
"Thanks for the offer Bram, but I should be alright for the time being. Unless Jin would like to rest"

Looking in the direction of the supposed abandoned shacks, He could only wonder if they were secretly occupied. Thinking of the small-paper crane in his belt pouch, he contemplated sending it out to scout. Unfortunately it was his last paper avatar and it had been some time since he had studied how to make one on the fly.

Blast, I knew I should have been more prepared today. A Wu-Jen should study all aspects of the art, not just the basic arts. First thing I do when we get back and a free moment I'm looking over that book again, he thought while mentally reprimanding himself.

"What do you guys think? Should we check those few buildings or continue ahead towards the town?

A couple skills checks while we rest.

Listen: [roll0] For any signs of life
Spot: [roll1] Try to see if anyone is at the campsite or in the trees.
Search: 15 (Taking 10, if that's alright) Searching immediate area for signs of recent travel

alchemyprime
2008-05-16, 09:13 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

for all the same reasons

alchemyprime
2008-05-20, 08:34 AM
Bram thinks for a minute. "We may want to look at those buildings. But we must be careful and quiet about it." Bram pats his horse and jumps off. "However, if we continue on we can make good time. But I am afraid my curiosity is beginning to overcome me. If you two wish to look at the building, I will gladly follow. If you wish t go back to thge town, I can show what little I have seen."

Kirkle
2008-05-21, 07:36 AM
Jin

"I would like to take a look at the huts, they may provide helpful information as to the numbers that pass through here" says Jin looking at the fireplace, "for it is always good to know your enemy, all the better to defeat them."

Jin remembered when Abbot Hwan had told him that during one of his lectures under the red oak pagoda in one of the meditation gardens. The lesson had always served him well during his training.

Yami
2008-05-21, 06:43 PM
After deciding the clearing is indeed empty, the scouts search the area. Jin and Bram find no evidence that the huts are even used much as they each have a small layer of dust coating their floors. There are signs of disturbance some time back, another group of travelers stopping for a rest perhaps, but nothing recent.

Reed can find no signs of travel in the hard packed road, but his diligent search is not without some small victory, as it appears whoever lights the fires comes in off the mountain side, following the many small animal trails that pass through the clearing.

Fisher
2008-05-24, 11:16 AM
Huddled near the floor of the clearing Reed continued his search about the grounds. Finding something of interest, he motions to the two with his hand.

"Jin. Bram. Have a look at this."

After a short pause to stand and stretch his sore back he continued, "I found some tracks coming from the direction of the mountains. Looks like whoever lights these fires arrives from there. Unfortunately, the elements have faded the tracks. I can't tell when they were last here."

alchemyprime
2008-05-25, 09:41 AM
Bram looks over the tracks. "It's times like this I wish I was more like a bloodhound..." Bram shakes his head.

"Even if the tracks are cold, it is obvious that this place is frequented. It is not safe to stay here. Perhaps we could go a bit further up the road and find a safe place to rest. Lin Reed, I have travelled well with magic users. If you wish to rest to change your spells, that may be good. I can take a first watch. My eyes may be a bit more adaptive to the night than your own."

Bram looked to his companions to see if his idea would be taken well.

Fisher
2008-05-26, 10:38 AM
"Your right. It'd be best to go before whoever was here returns. The less the risk of being discovered the better."

Looking over the small community of buildings he continued, "No need for such formalities Bram, just Reed is fine." Pausing in thought a moment he added, "As for rest, I don't know about Jin but I should be fine for a while longer. It'd be nice to make a little more distance before the night is through. After guarding the caravan for so long it's been a nice change of pace."

alchemyprime
2008-05-26, 12:32 PM
Glad to know that Reed has accepted him, Bram smiles. "Yes. Come, Muugan!" His horse trots over slowly at hearing it's name. Bram hops on the horse, and then notices something. His tail has been wagging this whole time.

"Oh my. How embarressing." Bram's hands shoot straight behind himself and hold the tail down on the horse until it stops moving.

"So, let us ride, yes?"

Kirkle
2008-05-26, 11:05 PM
Jin

"I am not in need of rest for the moment, and it would indeed be to make some distance before we make camp" says Jin looking at the pass ahead, "perhaps one of us should scout ahead of our party, to ward against ambush."

Looking at his companions he instantly disqualifies Reed out of hand for the job, but wonders whether the Oni could serve this purpose for he seems light on his feet and to be perceptive.

"I believe I am best suited to this job, though perhaps you would like the honour...." Jin stares at Bram waiting for an answer

alchemyprime
2008-05-27, 07:47 PM
(OOC: My character sheet's site is down for the moment, so I'm going to post that response later.)

alchemyprime
2008-05-28, 03:27 PM
Bram nods. "It'll be like old times... well, the good parts of the old times, anyway..."

Bram gets on the back of Muugan and rides off, slowly and quietly.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Yami
2008-05-29, 05:42 PM
Not long after they leave the deserted clearing the clouds finally break, blanketing the entire mountain in a sheet of falling water. The curtains of rain are both a blessing and a curse for the scouts, concealing them but also concealing the mountains from them.

Only once does Bram hear something of note, a mountain cat hungry enough to hunt in the deluge, just above the road. However, the beast is not hungry enough to take on another predator; not when it was the one surprised. The cat bolts down the mountain side and back into obscurity when it finally notices Bram slinking towards it.

It is night when the three finally reach the end of the pass and see the town. The rain has let up to a mere drizzle by now and visibility has returned for the most part. Despite the late hour you can see people moving about down below and a fire large enough to survive the light downpour. Judging by the stagger of some of the figures there may have been a party. But these are brigands, so it's no guarantee.

----

Meanwhile Ikiruhe and Shinji are relaxing and drying off in a small tent, their turn at watch ended just as the rain abates. They get to spend the rest of the night warm and dry.

alchemyprime
2008-05-29, 07:47 PM
Bram heads back to Ikiruhe and Reed, ready to tell them all that he knows.

[roll0] (to see danger on the way back)
[roll1] (to listen for dangers on the way back)
[roll2] (to not be heard by dangers)
[roll3] (to not be seen by dangers)
[roll4] (to ride Muugan... cause it'd be bad to abandon my horse!)

Fisher
2008-05-30, 10:52 PM
As the rain fell a worried looked hovered across Reed's face. Hurriedly he ensured that his supplies remained as dry.

"Great. Rain," he muttered under his breath.

More than anything or anyone in the past whether human, beast, or other adversary the rain always proved to be an unyielding opponent. It had also proved, time and again, to be one of the greatest deterrents to a paper caster's abilities. Thankfully it had seemed to die down some by the time they reached the town.

"Seems the soldiers were telling the truth. There's the town, full of bandits and brigands," he whispered quietly.

"We should gather a little more intel and hurry back to the others."

Thought I should quickly clarify Reed's speech style

"Hello" Normally Spoken
"Hello" Whispered, Muttered, or Quietly Spoken
Hello. wait... Thought

Yami
2008-06-06, 01:20 AM
The three scouts watch the town a little longer before taking off. It seems the brigands keep a small watch at night as four men seem less drunk than the rest, and all four are keeping an eye on one of the large barns in the area. There are others about, but if those four are the only ones the caravan should need to worry about.

Convinced they had learned all they safely could, the three turn about, heading back through the pass and pressing on through the night.

It was the drums that warned them first as the scouts approach the clearing that had given them pause before. Of course, the smoke and the glare from a large fire would have still proved warning enough even if the merrymaking hadn't.

Kirkle
2008-06-06, 07:18 AM
Jin

Looking looking intently at the rowdy group surrounding the large fire Jin asks his companions, gesturing toward the other side of the clearing "what are we going to do about this....they block our path, and that fire gives us no darkness to use". A grin spread across his face, "we may well have to fight our way through this, excellent".

Carefully assessing the situation, paying particular attention to numbers, drunkenness and access to weapons, Jin tries to pick out the biggest threats in the crowd.

"I must find their leaders" he thought, "they are likely to be the best test of my skill...and more besides, if you cut the head off of a snake, the body dies."

alchemyprime
2008-06-06, 11:32 AM
BRAM

Bram growls. "I prefer the dark... curses..." He thinks. "I'm only good one on one in the dark. Jin, Reed, what's our plan?"

Fisher
2008-06-11, 12:06 PM

"Hard to say," answers Reed. "If possible we should avoid any attention from the locals and return to the caravan. If we sneak through the brush, however, we could unintentionally reveal our presence. I'll leave the decision to you two."

Looking over the clearing, Reed begins to observe the situation.

"If we do decide to attack, we should make sure there aren't any more of them first."

Sorry for the delay everyone, work's been kind of busy.

Spot: [roll0] (Try and See if there are any more scouts)

alchemyprime
2008-06-14, 05:36 PM
"Like I said, I'm no good in the light unless I have back-up. I say we go back to the caravan and get the rest of that group you guys came with. Wait... there are more than just you two right?"

Bram co cks his head to the side inquisically.

(OOC: Edit: Stupid censor program...)

Kirkle
2008-06-20, 06:17 AM
Jin

Jin, keeping his eyes on the drunk brigands says "of course there are, we travel with a swordsman from the far lands of", he pauses uncertainly losing the slightly annoyed tone in his voice", well i truly do not know, and we also have master Shinji, he communes with kami, or so he says, I find him a little peculiar"

Removing his eyes from their previous fixation Jin looks to Reed "so you suppose we should return, or fight? I believ e we could defeat them."

Fisher
2008-06-22, 02:27 PM

"Hard to say," he repeats. After a small pause he adds with a slight grin, "However, if you believe we can take them, I'll gladly lend a hand."

In preparation for a potential battle, Reed withdraws a small, paper cube from within one of his belt pouches. Allowing it to rest in his hands, he continues to look onward over the group of brigands.

alchemyprime
2008-06-22, 02:38 PM
Bram looks around at the brigands.
"Well... if we're going to give them a fight, they might as well get a good one. I'm in then."

Bram smiles hgis big toothy grin. Problem is, a lupin grin looks like baring of fangs to some...

Yami
2008-06-23, 07:32 PM
As the three scouts prepare for battle Bram is the first to notice the oddities in the 'brigands' they planned to face. It was the flickering of the fire that gave him a glimpse of the drummer in the shadows. Not just a large man, but a towering creature hunched in upon itself to look smaller, one beady eye reflecting the fire before he was lost in shadows again.

Then he looked at the others, looking now not for weapons but for the oddities that mark a demon different from men. And there he saw them; the horns on some, so hard to see against the dark and the smoke, the red hue of the skin, mistaken at first for the light of the fire. The fur on one that was not his .

And then Bram felt a change in the wind.

The dances pause, the drummer falling out of beat before he too stopped, his head turning this way and that to see what disturbed them while the others strained their ears or sniffed at the air.

alchemyprime
2008-06-24, 11:06 AM
"Pssst...[/SIZE]" Bram tried to whisper to Jin. "[SIZE="2"]Psst... Grrr... Jin. They aren't human. They aren't lang. They are demon..."

([roll0])

Bram readies his shortbow just incase. He thinks Jin can handle melee. I'll go ranged then.

alchemyprime
2008-08-05, 10:30 PM
(bump because I want to keep playing Bram)

Ruik
2008-08-07, 07:39 AM
(I'm still keeping tabs on the game... Just thought it had died!)