PDA

View Full Version : Azula vs. Solid Snake: The Fire of Hate and a Shadow of Mercy

Leliel
2008-03-01, 11:37 AM
One is fueled by sun and flame.

Another by night and metal.

One killed his father.

The other took on his worst qualities.

One was born to fight.

The other was born to rule.

The warrior chose the path of peace.

And the princess, one of cruelty.

In this battle of cruel light and tranquil dark...

Shall the blaze of Azula be smothered by the shadow's angered embrace?

Or shall the Snake within the night be burned away?

Either way, it could be quite intresting...

Rules:

1) The battlefield is a large hangar with all of Snake's weapons strewn about, and various hiding places. Azula, who doesn't know crap about modern guns, is disallowed from using them. Snake starts with a Nikta, grenades, and a machine gun.

2) This battle takes place during day.

3) Snake is assisted by Otacon via CODEC.

So, will the forgotten soldier fell another who is supposedly his infinite better?

Or will the sociopathic princess destroy that who would oppose her?

Vote on forumites. Vote on...

EDIT: Changed the rules a bit. Thought they were slanted in Snake's favor.

BRC
2008-03-01, 11:44 AM
I don't know enough about either character to vote. But let me just say, this is by far the most poetic Vs thread setup I ever saw.

Dorizzit
2008-03-01, 12:10 PM
What BRC said. Anyways...I'd give it to Snake. He can sneak up on Azula and stealth kill her.

Rayzin
2008-03-01, 12:16 PM
Wouldn't Azula's power be weak at night?
Azula win's she could set fire to the gun's and blow up the gunpowder.
Or Snake could sneak up to her in a box and get a stealth kill because her power's are so weak.

Mx.Silver
2008-03-01, 12:30 PM
Wouldn't Azula's power be weak at night?
Azula win's she could set fire to the gun's and blow up the gunpowder.

Now, I'm not an expert on firearms by any means, but from what I gathered the gunpowder is generally in the bullets rather than the gun itself (barring some antiques, which are unlikely to be present), and that the gunpowder being ignited is what causes the bullets to be shot. I would not, therefore, imagine this to be particularly effective.

Snake wins anyway as:

Bullets are a hell of a lot faster than Fire-bending
He's a very good shot
His super-soldier reflexes will probably let him dodge a few blasts of fire until he gets a clean shot.
He's had years of experience fighting in this sort of terrain

Azula might be able to hold out for a while if she uses cover, as she's fast enough to stay ahead of him this way to begin with. But given Snake's above advantages plus his weapons (especially grenades) he'll be the only one walking out alive.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-03-01, 12:32 PM
Considering that killing people like Azula (sociopaths with supernatural powers) has been pretty much the basis of Snake's whole career...

Tengu
2008-03-01, 12:48 PM
I'd give it to Snake, for reasons already mentioned and because, unlike Azula, he can quickly chug down some canned food and military chocolate to restore his health mid-combat.

Rutee
2008-03-01, 01:11 PM
Honestly, I don't think Snakes victory was a true question.

THe true question is "What kind of conversation will Snake and Otacon have during the fight, and how much Ho Yay can they fit in?"

Tengu
2008-03-01, 01:18 PM
Hey, their HoYay conversations take parts after and between fights, not during. Besides, they love each other in a completely heterosexual, brotherly way. :smallmad:
Otacon would just give Snake tips how to defeat Azula during the fight. There would be a long and angsty conversation between the three of them after the battle ends, though. If there's anything that could make Azula show her human side, it's dying after being defeated by Snake.

Rutee
2008-03-01, 01:35 PM
That's impossible! It's not MGS if there's not pithy conversation between you and your contacts mid-battle.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-01, 02:17 PM
Another question - will Azula's ruthless cunning be able to penetrate Snake's packing-supplies based disguises?

Oslecamo
2008-03-01, 03:40 PM
Solid snake has the secret power of aura of idiocy.

That's the only explanation to why the terrorrists wich managed to capture top security government instalations and weapons don't notice that that box wasn't there 5 seconds ago.

Rutee
2008-03-01, 03:54 PM
No! Don't you get it!? The box is just /that good/ a disguise! Who would suspect the humble box of housing a WMAK (Weapon of Mass Ass Kicking).

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-01, 03:58 PM
No! Don't you get it!? The box is just /that good/ a disguise! Who would suspect the humble box of housing a WMAK (Weapon of Mass Ass Kicking).

The box itself had the power of running over enemies, if I recall my MGS 2 correctly.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-03-01, 04:07 PM
I don't care if this fight is utterly one-sided, that beginning is made of win.

Ziggy's_Roady
2008-03-01, 05:18 PM
Snake: Otacon!

Otacon: Snake!

Snake: Otacon!
Otacon: Snake...?

Snake: This chick..she...can almost.."bend" fire...

Otacon: That's azula, she works for the Fire Nation group of mercanaries..

Snake: How do I stop her?

Otacon: Pull out your .45

Snake: Alright...

Otacon: Now shoot her...

Snake: Okay..-Does so-

Otacon: That girl...she totally reminds me of this girl on this anime!

Snake:....-Spins himself around until he pukes-

Cubey
2008-03-01, 05:55 PM
Otacon: That girl...she totally reminds me of this girl on this anime!

Some nitpicks believe Avatar isn't an anime because it isn't Japanese. Fortunately Otacon isn't one of them - but he uses the term "Japanimation", so he fails anyway.

Snake wins, thanks to the deadly combination of superior technology and years of experience. Some of tactics to make him win easily include:
-M9 shots to the back of Azula's head
-Setting up a few Claymores around. Achtung, Minen!
-Shooting her up with a Nikita or, if you're feeling VERY nasty, a Stinger
-Sniping from afar
-Sneaking on inside a box and breaking her neck. May include throwing some Suki-oriented "books" for distraction

Nerd-o-rama
2008-03-01, 05:56 PM
Hey, their HoYay conversations take parts after and between fights, not during. Besides, they love each other in a completely heterosexual, brotherly way. :smallmad:
Otacon would just give Snake tips how to defeat Azula during the fight. There would be a long and angsty conversation between the three of them after the battle ends, though. If there's anything that could make Azula show her human side, it's dying after being defeated by Snake.
To quote an interview with David Hayter:

"Otacon is Snake's gay sidekick. In a platonic way."

SurlySeraph
2008-03-01, 07:27 PM
Snake is in great danger in this fight. While the mighty cardboard box has seen him through many a battle, now he fights a foe who can directly attack the weapon's lone weakness.

Cardboard is flammable.

If Snake uses standard box-based tactics, he is likely to be lit up.

If, however, Snake just caps Azula with the SOCOM, he wins.

I'd say Snake, if he has Otacon's guidance, is likely wise enough to just shoot Azula.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-01, 08:04 PM
Methinks the real question is not how much HoYay they can get in, but rather how much HoYay they can get while still managing to make Snake look absolutely BadAss and Macho.

Cubey
2008-03-01, 08:12 PM
Methinks the real question is not how much HoYay they can get in, but rather how much HoYay they can get while still managing to make Snake look absolutely BadAss and Macho.

Infinity of HoYay, my dear sir. Infinity.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-01, 08:57 PM
Make that Aleph 20 Infinity. No amount of HoYay or character derailment will ever make Snake less badass.

Moff Chumley
2008-03-01, 08:59 PM
This would make the funniest VG Cats ever...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-01, 09:05 PM
Please elaborate on that. The idea is interesting.

Tengu
2008-03-02, 06:00 AM
I wonder how different would this go if instead of Snake we had the angsty bishonen version of Sagara Sousuke, aka Raiden.

Flickerdart
2008-03-02, 09:09 AM
Raiden? Wouldn't stand a chance.

Snake, on the other hand, takes down giant robots that shoot nukes without a second thought. Azula probably wouldn't even know what a cardboard box meant before it was too late.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-03-02, 09:23 AM

Snake, on the other hand, takes down giant robots that shoot nukes without a second thought. Azula probably wouldn't even know what a cardboard box meant before it was too late.

You forget that Azula is Genre Savvy and Magnificent Bastard. Not only does she know what the box means...she's coated the inside and outside with a oil and stuck a bright red flag to the top of it. :smalltongue: All to trap Snake in an unfavorable position that she can bargain with him in, just so she can send him back through the plot hole to kill Aang.

Mx.Silver
2008-03-02, 09:29 AM

Snake, on the other hand, takes down giant robots that shoot nukes without a second thought.

Technically, Raiden took down about a fair number of Metal Gears at once. By himself. While being mind-screwed. He's also fought a vampire and a woman who can deflect bullets and won. True, he's no match for Snake but Azula would still be screwed regardless of which one she ended-up fighting (because, you know, she's not really that powerful a character outside of her own 'verse).

Flickerdart
2008-03-02, 09:36 AM
You forget that Azula is Genre Savvy and Magnificent Bastard. Not only does she know what the box means...she's coated the inside and outside with a oil and stuck a bright red flag to the top of it. :smalltongue: All to trap Snake in an unfavorable position that she can bargain with him in, just so she can send him back through the plot hole to kill Aang.
But Snake could just sit on his phone for however long he needs, and Azula will just die of hunger.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-03-02, 12:41 PM
I wonder how different would this go if instead of Snake we had the angsty bishonen version of Sagara Sousuke, aka Raiden.
I thought Raiden was the less-angsty bishonen version of Shinji.

Nevrmore
2008-03-02, 01:28 PM
Snake would just comment on his admiration for the curvature of Azula's gluteal muscles and use the momentary lapse of reason (not the Pink Floyd LP) to shoot her in the face.

Moff Chumley
2008-03-02, 01:33 PM
Or he could shoot her in the face with A Momentary Lapse of Reason.

Nevrmore
2008-03-02, 02:06 PM
Or he could shoot her in the face with A Momentary Lapse of Reason.
Jesus Christ, Moff, I've already chosen Snake as the official Man I'd Go Gay For, why do you have to keep making him better and better?

Leliel
2008-03-02, 04:16 PM

More likely she'd die of massive ego puncture wounds after being beaten by a guy who can't bend any element.

OK, I can see now that I've given Snake an unfair advantage, so I'll change the rules so that the battle takes place during the day.

Oh and one more thing: Grenades are flammable. That should even the odds a bit.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-03-02, 04:55 PM
Doesn't change anything. Heckl, he would win even if you gave Otacon's opti camo to Azula, shot Snake 'till he was near dead, and had Otaocn constantly making blatant advances on him. And made him constantly listen to Heal The World, though maybe that's a bit overkill.

Mx.Silver
2008-03-02, 05:48 PM
OK, I can see now that I've given Snake an unfair advantage, so I'll change the rules so that the battle takes place during the day.
Oh and one more thing: Grenades are flammable. That should even the odds a bit.
No it wouldn't. Point being, snake can still dodge her attacks and bullets still beat fire-bending. Doesn't matter how powerful Azula's attacks are when her opponent can shoot her multiple times (and he can). .

Flickerdart
2008-03-02, 05:54 PM
Wait. Wait. Wait.

Are we talking about MGS Snake or SSBB Snake?

Mx.Silver
2008-03-02, 06:28 PM
Wait. Wait. Wait.

Are we talking about MGS Snake or SSBB Snake?

The former.

Tengu
2008-03-03, 12:30 AM
I thought Raiden was the less-angsty bishonen version of Shinji.

Both Raiden and Sagara Sousuke were child soldiers in the past, are great soldiers now, fail at ordinary life and have tsundere girlfriends the relations with whom are sketchy at best (although Rose is extremely annoying and Kaname Chidori isn't). Shinji, unlike Raiden, has good reasons to be angsty, and outside of Eva couldn't win a fight with a stray cat.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-03-03, 12:36 AM
Fine. I don't even know who you're talking about anyway, and I'm too lazy to dig up the blog I got that idea from.

Snake still wins, by the way, especially if there's any cover whatsoever. Hell, between her bizarre magical powers and her narcissistic megalomania, Azula could practically be a Metal Gear boss fight.

Caewil
2008-03-06, 11:49 PM
Keep in mind that Azula is smart enough to use a gun if it is better than firebending. Not to mention the fact that since her blue fire has concussive force and can melt rock, she might be able to melt or knock back bullets with it. And if you're going to give Snake Otacon, Azula gets Mai and Ty Lee.

Honestly, bringing a villian from one genre to another with completely different technology (and a video-game to boot!) just doesn't work. If you want a fair fight, you've got to remove Snake's technology OR let Azula use it as well.

Cybren
2008-03-06, 11:59 PM
Considering that killing people like Azula (sociopaths with supernatural powers) has been pretty much the basis of Snake's whole career...
Quoted for truth, as they say in the vernacular.

Brickwall
2008-03-07, 12:00 AM
Normally I'd say it's even (even though the rules are horribly imbalanced in Snake's favor) except for one thing:

Snake hides in a box.

He can win the battle from there. Not even the greatest villainess of all can pierce through the veil that is the cardboard box.

Ziren
2008-03-07, 08:32 AM
You've got it all wrong. Snake would completely own Azula at first, but when her life bar reaches zero, she'll claim to not have used all of her power until that point and starts doing some crazy stuff. Then a mysterious ninja jumps out of nowhere and cuts her arm off.

blakyoshi7
2008-03-08, 12:23 AM
F Hell, between her bizarre magical powers and her narcissistic megalomania, Azula could practically be a Metal Gear boss fight.

She was. Remember The Fury?
Judging by that battle, I'd have to say that Azula has no chance.