PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga D20 Question

Trinak
2008-03-01, 01:17 PM
Doesn't really say much about this in the Star Wars book from what I can find, but I know from DnD that bonuses of the same type don't stack (except dodge). Does it work the same in the Star Wars RPG, including force bonuses? For example, would a Force Adept using the Attune Weapon talent not be able to use the Battle Strike force power as they both give a force bonus?

[FLUX]
2008-03-01, 02:49 PM
I think WotC assumes the "if it's not explicitly stated, don't do it" rule. I know there are a number of bonuses from feats and crap that say "this stacks with Similar Bonus XYZ", so unless it specifies the two stack, they probably don't.

Mando Knight
2008-03-01, 07:05 PM
Well, I'm not sure about the stacking bonuses in your example, but Battlestrike still has a use for a Force Adept with Attune Weapon: extra damage dice. It's not a whole lot at high levels, but the potential 3d6 bonus damage without a Force Point may be enough to overcome the opponent's Damage Threshold, which will then send them down the long, spiraling path to destruction.

Lupy
2008-03-01, 09:35 PM
I play, and I stack, albeit in a high-power group who usually fights down to the last hitpoint, so they really need it, but if you have a group who plays supa-tough, then it works.