PDA

View Full Version : OOTS #534 - The Discussion Thread

The Giant
2008-03-01, 01:46 PM
New comic is up.

(Also, note that there's another new Erfworld.)

Raiser Blade
2008-03-01, 01:51 PM
There is a typo in Roy's first speech bubble. Otherwise nice. :smallsmile:

Not shooting down yet of my another plausible theories.

It sounds incorrect to me.

Szilard
2008-03-01, 01:53 PM
Cool, I knew staying on the forums was a good thing.

baltor85
2008-03-01, 01:54 PM
Wow, psychics are getting lamer and lamer each day...

As are Roy's Archon's jokes.

Woof
2008-03-01, 01:55 PM
Buahaha... poor dog :D

Courier
2008-03-01, 01:56 PM
Very puny :smallsmile: So is the Roy-ghost storyline coming to an end? I had hoped someone would be able to see him - I guess all our speculation looks pretty silly now!

Nathan W
2008-03-01, 01:57 PM
how come my first pst on the page got delid it said
"awosum secont post
i dont get the number one psikick joke
"

Castamir
2008-03-01, 01:59 PM
Uhm, no. It's just people who are a tiny bit less gullible nowadays.

The psychics stay put.

Szilard
^Post saying things like First page are considered spam and will be deleted.

HOLEkevin
I was gonna mention the "Hey, you’re supposed to be checking the cart, not shooting down yet of my another plausible theories." thing, but Raiser_B1ade done did.

Maybe Roy's diction is suffering from being a ghost.

Anyway, great strip. Bathroom humor never goes amiss. Not if you're sitting down anyway.

Quorothorn
Wow, this is the shortest amount of time between a comic being posted and me reading it: awesome.

I must say, despite it being a joke you can see several miles distant, the psychic thing was quite funny. Nice to see the Archon again, too. Only issue was that typo, but no matter.

The Giant
2008-03-01, 02:01 PM
There is a typo in Roy's first speech bubble. Otherwise nice. :smallsmile:

Not shooting down yet of my another plausible theories.

It sounds incorrect to me.

Fixed now.

baltor85
2008-03-01, 02:02 PM
Because of all the typos?

No, they just don't allow posts that have the main focus on like "Awesome, ____ post!"

In response to your question, think about what the dog was sorry for. Next think about other meanings for "Number 1."

Albonor
2008-03-01, 02:03 PM
Ha ha! My prediction will manifest!

Rama_Lei
2008-03-01, 02:03 PM
Madame Xanadu...Nice reference Rich, though it's her pre-crisis counterpart

warmachine
2008-03-01, 02:09 PM
I've always thought of psychics as fraudsters, rather than providing a service.

Poor Roy. Guess he'll have to research why no one can see him.

Lira
2008-03-01, 02:11 PM
Poor Roy. :P

Good strip, I laughed out loud at the punchline.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-03-01, 02:13 PM
Hmmm... Will Roy have to wait until the Team gets to Julia before he can communicate, or will he ask Eugene for one more bit of advice? Afterall, Eugene knew how to communicate with Roy...

Maybe the Epic version of a Sending Spell?

Yendor
2008-03-01, 02:14 PM
And after all that, Roy has to go back to his unbearably smug father. Poor guy can't catch a break.

Tyris
2008-03-01, 02:15 PM
Madame Xanadu? Does she, perchance, have a stately pleasure-dome?

Shades of Gray
2008-03-01, 02:17 PM
Maybe no one is really psychic? The only times people have claimed to be psychic is Roy as a joke, and the person who cannot detect Roy five feet away.

The Psychic is a lie!

Mojique
2008-03-01, 02:18 PM
Maybe the dog has problems with his castration also in the afterlife. :smallbiggrin:

holywhippet
2008-03-01, 02:29 PM
Ok, so what exactly would cause a dog to stay in limbo and not be able to move to it's afterlife? Did it take a blood oath of vengeance against a cat or something?

Szilard
2008-03-01, 02:30 PM
It was probably just trying to contact the material plane just like roy.

SteveMB
2008-03-01, 02:32 PM

Heh. At least a Victorian medium put on a half-decent magic show. Nowadays, you just get newage babblegab. :smallwink:

Getting back to the comic, I had a hunch where the "psychic" bit was going, but the final punch line... well, it's a good thing the cat had gotten bored and jumped off my lap first.

Aurorax
2008-03-01, 02:33 PM
Arrrggghh. Was hoping that the plot was going to move forward...

Mad Scientist
2008-03-01, 02:35 PM
Alas, poor Roy. It looks like he'll have to wait for that stupid spell to wear off before anyone can hear him!

Raider
2008-03-01, 02:38 PM
Would an animal technically go to a plain when he dies? Sorry if it's a newbish question.

Ikialev
2008-03-01, 02:42 PM
As are Roy's Archon's jokes.

Yay. There was a joke? I didn't noticed. >>
Poor Roy.
Or, Rover.

fractal
2008-03-01, 02:43 PM
Anyway, great strip. Bathroom humor never goes amiss. Not if you're sitting down anyway.
And if you're about 10. I'd rather have rules jokes, thanks.

So, short of advice from Eugene or an encounter with Julia, Roy seems to be out of luck. Will he watch Haley or Elan next, or will something else come up?

Mauve Shirt
2008-03-01, 02:44 PM
Heh.
She just took the chick's suggestion and ran with it. Too bad.
Now Roy's going to have to deal with his father again. *sigh*

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-03-01, 02:44 PM
Would an animal technically go to a plain when he dies? Sorry if it's a newbish question.

All Dogs Go to Heaven... :smallwink:

teratorn
2008-03-01, 02:48 PM
hehe number one, I didn't know what that was, had to check. OOTS as good as ever and improving my language skills.

ChoaticEvilGuy
2008-03-01, 03:11 PM
why can't she see Roy? She's holding the sword! Maybe the wielder has to be of Greenhilt heritage

Ganurath
2008-03-01, 03:19 PM
why can't she see Roy? She's holding the sword! Maybe the wielder has to be of Greenhilt heritageThat would be the crux of Roy's first line in the comic. The nub, if you will. And no, I don't know what either of those words mean, but I saw them used in a context synonymous to 'jist.'

Tyris
2008-03-01, 03:25 PM
That would be the crux of Roy's first line in the comic. The nub, if you will. And no, I don't know what either of those words mean, but I saw them used in a context synonymous to 'jist.'Crux: the central point - from the Latin "crux", meaning cross, i.e. it's the bit where it all crosses over, if you will.
Nub (1): A small lump or nodule.
Nub (2): The centre or core.
Gist: Not spelled with a j.

Castamir
2008-03-01, 03:32 PM
Meow!

(all align tests I've taken say I'm CE anyway...)

Morgan Wick
2008-03-01, 03:36 PM
In response to your question, think about what the dog was sorry for. Next think about other meanings for "Number 1."
Even with this I still didn't get it. Was it supposed to be a reference to a certain part of the male anatomy that resembles the number 1?

Hmmm... Will Roy have to wait until the Team gets to Julia before he can communicate, or will he ask Eugene for one more bit of advice? Afterall, Eugene knew how to communicate with Roy...

The only way the next strip is not Roy asking Eugene what the deuce is going on is if Rich reads this post and decides to hold off on that out of spite.

After reading the recent whining-about-the-update-schedule thread, I became convinced that having to wait nearly a week between strips meant we'd get a double or triple strip. I predict, though I could be wrong, we will get exactly that (with today's strip serving as a setup that Rich didn't want us to wait a long time to get to what it was setting up, if that makes any sense), and it will come tomorrow or Monday.

Rayzin
2008-03-01, 03:37 PM
I had so much hope the plot would move on.

David Argall
2008-03-01, 03:37 PM
Next ... My bet is that Roy will have another session with paw, who will inform Roy of a]any mage would know how to make contact, b] but of course Roy being an idiot fighter, and finally c] how to do it. And then they will switch over to spying on Xykon and friends in hopes of getting some information to pass on. There are a lot of loose ends with Team Evil that could use some tying.

Porthos
2008-03-01, 03:38 PM
Arrrggghh. Was hoping that the plot was going to move forward...

I had so much hope the plot would move on.

The plot has moved forward....

... just not in the direction you were hoping. :smalltongue:

VanBuren
2008-03-01, 03:41 PM
Even with this I still didn't get it. Was it supposed to be a reference to a certain part of the male anatomy that resembles the number 1?

Number 1 is a euphemism for urinating, so mix that with the fact that she was only able to sense a Dog that peed on a carpet and you have Azure City's "number one" psychic.

(i.e. A pee psychic)

The gF
2008-03-01, 03:43 PM
Or maybe he can't speak through the sword because the sword was reforged.

Charles Phipps
2008-03-01, 04:03 PM
I hope Ghostbusters shows up.

And puts Roy in the Containment Unit.

It would fit his luck.

;-)

Mesfens
2008-03-01, 04:23 PM
I wonder what Eugene will say when Roy returns back to the clouds?

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-01, 04:33 PM
What a stupid psychic. Half of them are nutjobs anyways...

Gryndel
2008-03-01, 04:36 PM
Poor Roy, and he was so excited about someone finally being able to sense him too.

Looks like the carpenter and chef are both male and are holding hands in panel #3. Brothers, gay, something else, irrelevant?:smallyuk:

strayth
2008-03-01, 04:52 PM
So is the Roy-ghost storyline coming to an end?
I hope so, but if I was Roy I'd be taking advantage of my time up in Celestia. Cool comic Rick, thanks!

SteveMB
2008-03-01, 04:57 PM
I wonder what Eugene will say when Roy returns back to the clouds?

Probably something about yet another reason Roy should have been a wizard....

Lira
2008-03-01, 05:00 PM
Looks like the carpenter and chef are both male and are holding hands in panel #3. Brothers, gay, something else, irrelevant?:smallyuk:I don't think they're holding hands, their hands are just near the other's, that's all.

Gopher
2008-03-01, 05:01 PM
Great comic as always. Getting kind of impatient to find out what Roy needs to do in order to be seen. I kind of wonder why he waited around for so long instead of going back up immediately to find out.

What happened to Eugene? He doesn't seem to be there, although he could just be slightly off-camera.

EDIT: One more thing, I know Azure City isn't supposed to be an exact parallel to Japan, but the Giant has been pretty consistent about naming so far. Is it just me, or do two of the new recruits have Chinese-sounding names?

factotum
2008-03-01, 05:28 PM
Or maybe he can't speak through the sword because the sword was reforged.

Or maybe everyone was wrong when they were saying that touching the Greenhilt sword was all that needed to happen for someone to see the ghost? I mean, we've had half-a-dozen pet forum theories shot down in the last two or three strips, don't really see why another one shouldn't go to its rightful rest...

Remirach
2008-03-01, 05:34 PM
He left! ::Cheers:: Oh, please tell me this means Roy will start to scry on Team Evil now, I've been really curious for quite some time now.

I love the juxtaposition on panel nine.
Medium [serene]: Ahh... now I'm getting a deep sense of peace and tranquility.
[Meanwhile, Roy looks about ready to bust an artery.]

I also felt terrible for laughing at the "wee-wee" board remark. ("Ouija" is pronounced "wee-ja," hence the pun.)

Blaznak
2008-03-01, 05:39 PM
Medium Creatures. Ha! I get it...
At least he didn't go with an "I see dead people" joke!
Later...

gatitcz
2008-03-01, 06:04 PM
So reasons no one can see Roy? 1) Star metal in the sword, 2) Greenhilt family members only, or 3) Roy's an idiot fighter?

Other than that, I have to admit I didn't get the "number one" joke until I came on the forums and saw someone mention bathroom humor. I was trying to think of some sort of rules thing, "Level 1 psychic maybe?" I'm kicking myself now.

TroyXavier
2008-03-01, 06:11 PM
That last panel so made this comic. Poor Roy..still no respect.

Prowl
2008-03-01, 06:22 PM
Ok, so what exactly would cause a dog to stay in limbo and not be able to move to it's afterlife? Did it take a blood oath of vengeance against a cat or something?

He took a Pee Oath of Vengeance against the carpet.

Pantler
2008-03-01, 07:57 PM
"awosum secont post
"

I've got one question.
What language are you speaking?

rgoodfellow
2008-03-01, 07:58 PM
Went back and read the old comics where Eugene went to talk to Roy. Roy doesn't hold the sword in all of them, and I doubt it's anything so trivial as a reforge or you have to be a family member. If you did have to be a family member, I'm a bit amiss as why Eugene sent Roy down in the first place, less he wanted to humiliate him.

Best theory so far is David Argall with his best that Eugene will smugly insist Roy's idiocy of being a fighter instead of a wizard and not knowing how to communicate with the living.

Although, perhaps his dad doesn't know why it worked for him and not for Roy. The archon certainly wasn't much help with anything on Roy's return. Very sympathetic towards Roy's plead of the archon finding a new vocation.

holywhippet
2008-03-01, 07:59 PM

I could be wrong, but I think it's a derivative of rhyming slang. Number 2 rhymes with poo so that's what a number 2 refers to. Therefore, number 1 must be the other type of thing you do in the toilet.

rgoodfellow
2008-03-01, 08:03 PM
Went back and read the old comics where Eugene went to talk to Roy. Roy doesn't hold the sword in all of them, and I doubt it's anything so trivial as a reforge or you have to be a family member. If you did have to be a family member, I'm a bit amiss as why Eugene sent Roy down in the first place, less he wanted to humiliate him.

Best theory so far is David Argall with his best that Eugene will smugly insist Roy's idiocy of being a fighter instead of a wizard and not knowing how to communicate with the living.

Although, perhaps his dad doesn't know why it worked for him and not for Roy. The archon certainly wasn't much help with anything on Roy's return. Very sympathetic towards Roy's plead of the archon finding a new vocation.

Jarwy
2008-03-01, 08:38 PM
So reasons no one can see Roy? 1) Star metal in the sword, 2) Greenhilt family members only, or 3) Roy's an idiot fighter?

4) Or maybe ghost needs to cast some spell of communication (besides sword being present) and Eugene decided not to tell Roy that just so he could show off when they finally meet Julia?

That would be just classic E-man.

Milandros
2008-03-01, 08:39 PM
Or simply it has to be the next in the line of succession to fulfil the blood oath. It may also only work for Eugene, the original oath-taker.

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-03-01, 09:24 PM
:smallannoyed: I must confess, I'm rather disappointed that Roy following to check on the cart wasn't used for anything better than juvenile toilet humour...:smallmad: no offense, and I'm not the last to laugh at a legitimately good joke, but I hope the next bit is actual plot, rather than lame peeing dog jokes. The only thing useful was that it provided an impetus to get Roy back up to Eugene or someone else in the celestial realm.

http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/TVjk.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/TVjk)http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/N8vC.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/N8vC) http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/1B4Q.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/1B4Q)

skinkatlarge
2008-03-01, 09:28 PM
Haha, great strip! A little toilet humor, a little fourth wall breaking... and I love that Roy's Archon has realized that what Roy really needs is a character to play straight man to. ;)

Now I wait for all the "Hey, dogs are Always True Neutral aren't they?" posters...

Edit: Can't be the reforging; Eugene couldn't appear to Roy until he got it reforged, right?

ref
2008-03-01, 09:35 PM
The GF's theory has some substance. It has a special effect that is very effective against undead.

The gF
2008-03-01, 10:02 PM
Or maybe everyone was wrong when they were saying that touching the Greenhilt sword was all that needed to happen for someone to see the ghost? I mean, we've had half-a-dozen pet forum theories shot down in the last two or three strips, don't really see why another one shouldn't go to its rightful rest...

I'm saying maybe it COULD work as a catalyst, but it's no longer considered the same sword due to being reforged. Unlikely and irrelevant, but fun to speculate.

And no, Skink, he could no longer appear to Roy after the blade broke. The blade, not the hilt, is the important part of the sword for communication, and the blade is no longer the same as the ancestral one (though it does contain the same steel, mixed with starmetal).

And ref, thanks, but that's The gF. ;D Lowercase g.

Eita
2008-03-01, 10:25 PM
This one upset me a little. I laughed, it's just... I expected plot. Then again, compared to how things were moving at the start of the strip, I guess I'm acting spoiled.

Snadgeros
2008-03-01, 10:27 PM
"awosum secont post
"

Ow.....my kobolds.....

On topic, yet another great comic. Exactly how many forum epileptic tree theories will you shoot down before we learn to stop guessing randomly and just watch?:smallwink:

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-03-01, 10:33 PM
forum epileptic tree theories

:smalltongue: LOL, I like this name for them. They unexpectedly twitch violently in many random directions, branching wildly until someone finally shuts the light off and kills them...

Oh Miko, how many of thine branches didst he burn?

http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/N8vC.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/N8vC) http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/1B4Q.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/1B4Q)

Wonton
2008-03-01, 10:40 PM
Wait, which theory of Roy's was getting shot down? :smallconfused:
I've read this comic and the one before a couple of times, and I still don't see what he was talking about...

Remirach
2008-03-01, 10:41 PM
:smalltongue: LOL, I like this name for them. They unexpectedly twitch violently in many random directions, branching wildly until someone finally shuts the light off and kills them...

Oh Miko, how many of thine branches didst he burn?
It IS quite apropos when put that way, but I think it's a specific reference to ideas put forward by fans of Lost which got increasingly bizarre. There seems to be quite an overlap between OotS fans and TV Tropes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EpilepticTrees) fans... that particular site is what linked me here in the first place.

Forum Explorer
2008-03-01, 10:51 PM
Pretty funny comic, has anyone else noticed that Scruffy has yet to meet Roy in ghostform?

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-03-01, 11:57 PM
Pretty funny comic, has anyone else noticed that Scruffy has yet to meet Roy in ghostform?

Yeah, it was discussed some on the 533 forum, most think that it's to avoid proving/disproving the theory that cats can see ghosts...which I think would be a pretty sweet way for Roy to finally communicate with the OotS!

http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/N8vC.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/N8vC) http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/1B4Q.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/1B4Q)

skinkatlarge
2008-03-02, 12:20 AM
And no, Skink, he could no longer appear to Roy after the blade broke. The blade, not the hilt, is the important part of the sword for communication, and the blade is no longer the same as the ancestral one (though it does contain the same steel, mixed with starmetal).Well Eugene chides Roy here: (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0291.html) "Maybe if you took the time to fix what was broken [the sword], I wouldn't have to."

pnewman
2008-03-02, 12:30 AM
Dogs are supposed to be True Neutral, and should not wind up in LG Heaven. With an animal intelligence it shouldn't be able to be Lawful Good. However with an animal intelligence it wouldn't be able to talk either. Therefore this dog must have been Awakened, and chosen to be LG afterwards.

osyluth
2008-03-02, 12:31 AM
I've read this comic and the one before a couple of times, and I still don't see what he was talking about...

I think it was more The Giant shooting down one of the playground's theory's, and was just letting the reader assume that Roy had been thinking about it between strips.

Snadgeros
2008-03-02, 01:19 AM
Dogs are supposed to be True Neutral, and should not wind up in LG Heaven. With an animal intelligence it shouldn't be able to be Lawful Good. However with an animal intelligence it wouldn't be able to talk either. Therefore this dog must have been Awakened, and chosen to be LG afterwards.

Well, if we're going to go into epileptic tree theories here, I'll throw my hat into the ring. The paladin in the comic was formerly a halfling paladin with a riding dog as her mount. However, after her death, she was revived via a reincarnation spell, into a human body. She now has a dog mount, but cannot ride it, and instead treats it as a pet until its untimely death. Being that it was a PALADIN'S mount, it gets to go to the LG afterlife.

There, it all makes PERFECT sense if you overanalyze it enough!:smalltongue:

Jimorian
2008-03-02, 03:13 AM
What a stupid psychic. Half of them are nutjobs anyways...

And the other half are conjobs :smallwink:

David Argall
2008-03-02, 03:39 AM
Wait, which theory of Roy's was getting shot down?

We suggested the idea that touching the sword would allow the toucher to see Roy a fair amount, and Roy does so in 528. But this time our toucher remains unaware of Roy.

I'm not sure any of us thought of a medium, which means our writer may have covered the subject better than we did, and that none of our ideas here influenced the comic.

Mordokai
2008-03-02, 03:46 AM
I'm somewhat dissapointed at this latest comic. I'd thought that the plot would be moving forward, but I guess a few toilet humor comics are almost mandatory. Perhaps I'm just spoiled, seeing the last few were plot heavy with just few jabs beetwen characters, while this one has no plot movement whatsoever. Oh well, er'll endure.

Also, I don't get the title of the comic. What's with Medium Creatures? :smallconfused:

Hell Puppi
2008-03-02, 03:57 AM
Medium as a play on 'medium' as in a medium for spirits, is my guess....and a dog is a 'medium sized creature'

VanBuren
2008-03-02, 04:02 AM
I'm somewhat dissapointed at this latest comic. I'd thought that the plot would be moving forward, but I guess a few toilet humor comics are almost mandatory. Perhaps I'm just spoiled, seeing the last few were plot heavy with just few jabs beetwen characters, while this one has no plot movement whatsoever. Oh well, er'll endure.

Also, I don't get the title of the comic. What's with Medium Creatures? :smallconfused:

I'm guessing it's a pun both about her being human and being a medium creature and about how Psychics are often called 'mediums' in the context of speaking to the dead.

Morgan Wick
2008-03-02, 04:09 AM

Or maybe both of those are right? After all, "he can't speak through the sword because it's been reforged" also explains why the other tricks didn't work. But I doubt it will happen because Roy went down there for a reason, story-wise. I think Roy will get the key to communication from his father, but will not be able to contact Haley, Celia, or anyone else before they leave, and will go on a wild goose chase, or otherwise cause Haley, Celia, and Belkar to turn back to Azure City.

Definitely not #2. It's been mentioned in the comic multiple times and would be anticlimactic if it proved to be the case. I wouldn't put it past Rich, though, to swerve us with something we're not thinking of.

Although, perhaps his dad doesn't know why it worked for him and not for Roy.A possibility. Still doesn't get past the "story reason for Roy to run down there" problem, though. Although, what if it turns out that Roy's presence somehow subtly influenced events to get Celia to show up and nudge Haley out the door?

4) Or maybe ghost needs to cast some spell of communication (besides sword being present) and Eugene decided not to tell Roy that just so he could show off when they finally meet Julia?
That's really part of #3.

Or simply it has to be the next in the line of succession to fulfil the blood oath. It may also only work for Eugene, the original oath-taker.
The first part is a rehash of the Julia theory with a slightly different quirk, since Roy's also dead now. If the second part is right, we could have a very entertaining #535, assuming Eugene can contact more than Julia...

Edit: Can't be the reforging; Eugene couldn't appear to Roy until he got it reforged, right?
When Eugene appeared in 484, he hadn't appeared since telling Roy to reforge the sword. Roy hadn't gotten it broken (and the sword didn't have any starmetal) when Eugene contacted him in the Dungeon of Dorukan, but Eugene never contacted him after he got it broken and reforged.

Ow.....my kobolds.....

On topic, yet another great comic. Exactly how many forum epileptic tree theories will you shoot down before we learn to stop guessing randomly and just watch?:smallwink:

An infinite number! It's in our nature! :D

#528. (Yes, I know David already answered it. But I just want to point out that not everything is set up in the immediafjlgnadvf d fkjdsltkhlkgdxeigeoeijbmbtgqgejtieqjmpitjgtrmkgtrk mgtsmgemkwfwmdfwmjdfdfkjldfvicinity.)

Oberon
2008-03-02, 04:11 AM
Oh Giant, you big tease.

Mordokai
2008-03-02, 04:13 AM
Medium as a play on 'medium' as in a medium for spirits, is my guess....and a dog is a 'medium sized creature'

I'm guessing it's a pun both about her being human and being a medium creature and about how Psychics are often called 'mediums' in the context of speaking to the dead.

That... actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks you two :smallsmile:

Blaznak
2008-03-02, 08:53 AM

For some reason, people (especially little children) say they have to go Number 1 or Number 2 depending on what bathroom function they need to do.

So to say you are a "Number 1 Psychic" is a double meaning - 1st that you are the best psychic out there. 2nd - that you are a psychic that specializes in dealing with urinary issues.

Later!

Steven the Lich
2008-03-02, 09:06 AM
Huh... really? What about that evil, man killing one from the movie Rottweiler... what was his name... ah yes... Rottweiler.
Would he go to heaven?

Alright, lets see...
Theory that Celia could see Roy through the love bond or something is scratched...
Theory that Haley could see Roy through prescence of the sword is scratched.
Small possibility that the pyschic could sense Roy... not even close to being realized. (And honestly, she could sense a spirit up in Arcadia, but not at all a spirit right there next to her... I fail to see the sense, and it is so unsensical its not funny, it actually kinda makes me angry:smallmad:... okay... its a "wee" bit funny:smallamused: )
Theory that Belkar can see Roy... we can hope, but its just not plausible.
Theory... ummm... theory... Ugh, I can think of another one!
Oh well. Mr. Giant, grant us a clear path, the way you're going about Roy's ghosthood its like he's going to be a ghost forever. Move it on already, I think the ghost stuff is kinda getting stale now (with the exception of some jokes I found funny). I mean, we've been seeing Roys view as a ghost for over 50 comics now, with 484, "at the end of the Day" as the beginning. I hope this doesn't become as agonizingly slow as the Naruto series from when Sasuke is gone to the new Shippuden, which none of it's contents is even close to important to the main plot (nor helped to move it along) until we got into Shippuden. I had to watch 80-100 episodes of subtitled Japanese before getting into the Shippuden for crying out loud. This isn't relevant, I'm just using an example for how it is a bad idea to draw out a certain piece of a theme. (It was rather frustrating not being able to understand Haley for about... say... 146 comics) Hope this doesn't draw out to that amount of pages, for sure.

Kish
2008-03-02, 09:20 AM
Huh... really? What about that evil, man killing one from the movie Rottweiler... what was his name... ah yes... Rottweiler.
Would he go to heaven?
I don't know, but I'm fairly certain whoever made that movie has earned a place somewhere very warm after death. :smallannoyed:

(There's nothing funny or appealing about making dogs of breeds that happen to be large enough to be dangerous if humans train them to be, out to be monsters.)

ThreeSidedDie
2008-03-02, 10:14 AM
Clearly Roy can't talk to anyone because he's too close to his own corpse. Think about it. Where was Eugene's corpse every time he contacted Roy? Exactly.

Warlord JK
2008-03-02, 10:34 AM
Good Comic Giant.
Espcially enjoyed the lame physcic.

Keri Thornwood
2008-03-02, 11:48 AM
If all else fails, give up. Somehow I expected a little more from Roy.

You know, maybe the psychic wasn't a total charlatan, maybe she was just confusing Roy with Ol' Roy pet stuff.

Tobimaro
2008-03-02, 11:48 AM
I was hoping to see a bit more of progress in getting Roy back to life. In fact, I had to read the forums to see the jokes, so there was not much of me laughing. I was just wondering which one was lamer: the psychic or the advice that Roy got from that archon? :smallwink:

I'd like to see if it takes the combination of Julia being near the Greenhilt sword for Roy to be able to communicate with someone that is alive. And to see how annoyed Julia would be if she had to be the conduit of communication between Roy and the rest of the OotS.

T-O-E
2008-03-02, 01:19 PM
Clearly Roy can't talk to anyone because he's too close to his own corpse. Think about it. Where was Eugene's corpse every time he contacted Roy? Exactly.

I hope that's sarcasm.

factotum
2008-03-02, 01:49 PM
I was hoping to see a bit more of progress in getting Roy back to life.

Why? Even if they could see and hear Roy, it doesn't change the fact they have to make a very long journey to find a cleric capable of resurrecting him. In fact, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if Roy stays dead until strip 600 and beyond!

Holammer
2008-03-02, 02:25 PM
I can imagine the next strip being something like:

Madame Xanadu turns around and wonders "Where did the large fellow next in line go?"

I mean the dog was still there outside the gate unable to enter because of unfinished business, even addressing the scene that just happened. Xanadu might be a bonafide medium.

... Dun dun DUUUN

FujinAkari
2008-03-02, 03:15 PM
I can imagine the next strip being something like:

Madame Xanadu turns around and wonders "Where did the large fellow next in line go?"

I mean the dog was still there outside the gate unable to enter because of unfinished business, even addressing the scene that just happened. Xanadu might be a bonafide medium.

... Dun dun DUUUN

This would have a much higher chance of happening if you posted it -before- the next strip went live :P

Morgan Wick
2008-03-02, 04:05 PM
This would have a much higher chance of happening if you posted it -before- the next strip went live :P

Check the timestamps between that post and Rich's posting of the 535 discussion thread.

I still call my prediction for 535 happening in 536.