PDA

View Full Version : Two questions.

Jae
2008-03-01, 10:37 PM
For no other reason than because I like asking them. I've been thinking of these the last few days.
I wish I could be uh articulate and what not but yeah. I cant think.

1. If you could change anything about yourself, what would you change and why??

2. If you could say absolutely anything to anybody without negative consequence, who and why? Several people and several things are alright.

I did ask SOMEBODY the second question but they have ISSUES with giving answers. so it's their fault I'm still curious, not mine.

I think I'll actually put my answers later.. Im feeling horridly guilty and I need to go make up for it somehow.

But I'd like to know.

NecroRebel
2008-03-01, 10:40 PM
1. Nothing. I like who and what I am now.

2. I would ask an individual who knows everything to describe nothing. I'd like to know if I know anything about nothing; it's been a fascinating topic to me recently.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-01, 10:41 PM
For no other reason than because I like asking them. I've been thinking of these the last few days.

2. If you could say absolutely anything to anybody without consequence, who and why? Several people and several things are alright.

I did ask SOMEBODY the second question but they have ISSUES with giving answers. so it's their fault I'm still curious, not mine.

I think I'll actually put my answers later.. Im feeling horridly guilty and I need to go make up for it somehow.

But I'd like to know.

1. I guess I'd change the part of me that breaks down all the time. Or the part of me that focuses on me. I don't like that part, either.

2. Why would I say something to someone if it had no consequence? That'd help me no more than venting to a third party...and I never really was any good at that.

Does that work?

EDIT: If I absolutely had to tell someone something...I think I'd tell my dad that I'm thankful for what he's been doing for all of us...even though I'm still to afraid of him and the way we were to ever vocalize that in person.

Jae
2008-03-01, 10:44 PM
Okay then let me edit that. No negative consequences.

1. Nothing. I like who and what I am now.

I always say that. But, I scarcely buy it. Really, if you like the essence of everything you are and there is nothing you want to improve, wouldn't your entire life be at somewhat of a standby?
Im sure that sounds NOTHING like what I meant. fdkljakfjah blah. Can't find the words :smallannoyed:

SurlySeraph
2008-03-01, 10:50 PM
1. I would make myself much stronger-willed.

2. I would tell various people that they are disgraces to their respective faiths and should either do God's will or stop claiming that they do God's will.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-03-01, 10:51 PM
1. Honestly? I want better defined muscles. I mean, I'm strong and all, but my muscles aren't really defined. It'd make me look better.

2. I dunno. Probably tell my dad a lot of stuff I have to get off my chest.

BlackStaticWolf
2008-03-01, 10:55 PM
1. I have a great deal of difficulty socializing with people in any context, real life or internet. I'd change that if I could, because to be quite honest, I'm jealous of how much other people seem to enjoy being around each other.

2. Oh man... I'd tell one of my professors from last semester that he's a short, arrogrant prick. And then I'd run and hide, because despite the fact that he's a scrawny 5 and half foot tall balding man, I am absolutely terrified of him.

WrathOfLife
2008-03-01, 11:18 PM

2. If you could say absolutely anything to anybody without negative consequence, who and why? Several people and several things are alright.

But I'd like to know.

1. Hmm, I'd make myself more focused on things, I'm always running short of time. Either that or bigger hands. I have small girly hands, although they are useful for somthings....

2. I'd tell everyone I encounter what I really think of them. My work and hobbies prevent me from speaking my mind so that I don't reflect badly on them.

mercurymaline
2008-03-01, 11:22 PM

I'm sure this isn't the nature in which the question was intended, but if I could change it, I wouldn't be diabetic. Any little thing I eat affects how I feel for a day and a half. I'm too young for this crap.

I'd tell my best friend how I really feel about his new wife, and how it's affecting our friendship.

I'd tell my boss he has no idea what he's doing.

I'd tell my roommate I really like the place, but I'm still moving out because he's a filthy pig.

I'd tell a buddy of mine that she really is an alcoholic, whether she wants to accept it or not.

Wow, that turned into a bit of a rant, didn't it? I'll just stop there.

morbid

Mauve Shirt
2008-03-01, 11:31 PM
1. I would have more confidence in my own abilities. I would be less dependent on the approval of others when I make my decisions. I would be able to try new things without worrying about looking silly.

2. I would tell my best friend to lay the **** off. When I'm feeling down being cross with me for being self-detrimental doesn't help me AT ALL, it makes me feel worse. I would actually tell a lot of people this, not just my best friend.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-01, 11:35 PM
...oh, another answer, come to think of it.

2. I'd go back to...mid June? And tell one what I meant to tell her but was too damn afraid to say. Maybe then things would've ended up better.

Jack Squat
2008-03-01, 11:40 PM
1. I'd make my knee not out-of-wack anymore. It's really annoying when it randomly decides to lock up.

2. I can't really think of something I'd tell someone that I'd be afraid of the consequences. Closest thing I can think of is to tell my manager that he's got to get tougher on the people who don't do work, but I'm sticking that in my resignation letter once I find a new job anywas.

Icewalker
2008-03-02, 12:54 AM
I wish I had greater control over my subconscious. So that I can do things like force myself into doing work or getting out of bed more easily. That'd help me for school a lot.

As to the second one...I honestly don't know. I'm sure if I had loads of time to think about it I could come up with something more deep, but the only thing off the top of the head is telling this one guy who goes to my fencing place how obnoxious he is.

averagejoe
2008-03-02, 01:10 AM
1. I know you said you never buy it, and I know a lot of people say it because it's the "right" answer, but I honestly wouldn't change anything. Emotionally I'm in a very good place right now, and I can probably maintain that. I'm by no means perfect, but if I've learned anything it's that the struggle is often as meaningful as the objective. So, really, I wouldn't change anything.

Well, okay, I don'tlike that I'm not able to leap rediculously high, so I'd change that.

2. I honestly can't think of anything I would say to anyone that I haven't already. I'm a very frank person when I want to be, and the negative consequences are never as bad as they seem. I figure that if it's not important enough to say to someone and accept the negative consequences, then it really isn't important to say to them at all.

Maybe those are both cop out answers, but I stand by them.

MisterSaturnine
2008-03-02, 01:17 AM
1) I wish I was able to connect with people a little better. I've got plenty of friends, am generally pretty outgoing, etc., am known as the man without fear, but it feels like there's always something in the way that stops me from really making a deeper connection. I dunno if it's me or them, but I suspect it's me (as that's the way this sort of thing tends to go), and it's really been bothering me lately.

I also wish I wasn't sick anymore. I've had a terrible cough for going on 6 weeks now.

2) I dunno how to answer this one, there are too many options.

RandomLogic
2008-03-02, 01:35 AM
1) Physically I'd like to drop a couple more lbs. But I'm actively pursuing that by hitting up the gym and eating better.

2)I'd probably yell at my parents. Individually though. Yell might not be a good word here, but stern talking to would fit.

Tempest Fennac
2008-03-02, 03:04 AM
1. I'd change my form so that I'm half fox. (As well as the fact that I'm a furry, having enhanced senses would be great, having fur would mean I wouldn't need to buy as many clothes, and having digitigrade legs would give me a great excuse to never go shoe shopping ever again.

2. I would tell my parents and sister that they get worked up over nothing way too often, and I would tell my older family members to stop being so out of touch with reality.

Logic
2008-03-02, 03:35 AM
1. Realistically, I would add some backbone. I avoid confrontation far too much, and I am too timid and shy in cases where that is exactly the last thing I need. Otherwise, I like myself.

My fantasy addition would be adding the ability to fly at will, like Superman. No explanation on how, but the ability to fly is one of my greatest dreams.

2. I would like to add "respects others" to several other people. Especially the ones that don't listen, they wait for their turn to talk. (Sometimes not even that, they interrupt everyone because what they have to say must be more important that what anyone else is saying.)

Hell Puppi
2008-03-02, 03:41 AM
1. Be more stable, in all areas.

2. Tell off Jay...but not like it would do any good.:smallyuk:
There's another person I'd like to settle some things with, but I know I wouldn't get a straight answer out of him so there's no real point.

Jibar
2008-03-02, 03:50 AM
Hmmm...

1. Well... a little self esteem would be nice. And maybe some self confidence. God knows I need some.
Actually, something to fill me out with be nice. You know somethings wrong when your anorexic friend tells you you're skinny. I'm nought but bone and my trousers keep falling down and I hate belts. Really hate belts. Something to hold up that waist would be nice then.
Or to get really vain, some naturally straight hair. I love my hair when I've attack it with some straighteners, but it's too much work for some temporary results. Plus I got one of them shy self-pitying indie/emo geek cute looks going on when it's straight.

2. Telling all my friends and family why I'm depressed so that they'd finally stop thinking I'm upset about the stupidest reasons.
Shouting at Sam Raimi for not giving Spiderman 3 the care it deserved, and then shouting at him until he agrees to make Spiderman 4.
Orrrrrr... telling Alan Moore I think he is one of the greatest writers alive and must also be a half yeti with the sheer volume of hair he has. Hagrid is not that hairy.

Felixaar
2008-03-02, 06:24 AM
I second the motion of making a spider man 4.

1. Take some wait of my stomach and use it to make me a little taller. Not really a problem but it would look cooler.

2. Can't think of anything really, except maybe telling my co writer how much work I do, or telling my friend how much I love her.

Kedami
2008-03-02, 07:08 AM
1: I'd be a bit vain and change the way I look to suit my inner-eye. I don't know why, but I've grown up to think I look different and this body is so badly designed. *looks up, shakes head*

2: Generally, I'd tell people when they annoy me rather than sitting there and getting angry at myself... But that is more along the lines of the first question, so to make it specific I'll state I'd tell off all my friends and family and anyone who's ever wronged me.

Ceska
2008-03-02, 08:17 AM
1. Three things that I'd like to change a lot.
a. I'd like to be able to be weak, to know I am. I want to accept my own shortcomings, but I can't, I'm far too proud and arrogant for it.
b. I'd like to be able to change gender at will like I do in mind.
c. I want more motivation to do things. I feel like I just... exist, not live, like I want to go out but can't because people as a whole just disgust me.

2. Which is my second, I'd want to tell humanity how much I loathe it, and how much I loathe being human, how much I hate myself for it.

*mumbles* People are strange when you're a stranger, faces look ugly when youre alone, women seem wicked when you're unwanted, streets are uneven when you're down.

I hate today.

onasuma
2008-03-02, 08:25 AM
1) Id be taller because Im short. Easy enough
2) Id like to moan at the royal family. Alot. They're simply a burden to society.

Kedami
2008-03-02, 08:28 AM
2) Id like to moan at the royal family. Alot. They're simply a burden to society.

I knew there was something I was forgetting.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-03-02, 08:43 AM
1. I wouldn't be so lazy or avoid work. I can't force myself to do anything, let alone something I have to, to save my soul, and as an Outsider, technically I am my soul.

2. Likely tell my teachers to actually teach me instead of just giving us a page out of a book and telling us to copy it out. Also, I'd tell everybody I know how I actually feel about them, because as it stands I don't know if half my friends like me or think I'm just tagging along. :smallfrown:

Mauve Shirt
2008-03-02, 09:07 AM
2. Likely tell my teachers to actually teach me instead of just giving us a page out of a book and telling us to copy it out. Also, I'd tell everybody I know how I actually feel about them, because as it stands I don't know if half my friends like me or think I'm just tagging along. :smallfrown:

Yes, precisely.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-02, 09:13 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with the first part. I'd love to say the same about the second, but I already assume the worst there, so...

I guess I'll just live with expecting to be tolerable instead of likeable?

smellie_hippie
2008-03-02, 10:32 AM
1. If I could change anything about myself, I would replace my procrastination with organization. I have bouts of motivation when I can get the work of a week done in a day, but they are few and far between, and would like to do much better.

2. If I could tell anyone anything... I would actually blast my kids' biological father. I hold my tongue out of respect for only being a step-parent, but I'm f***ing raising them with their mother. Sending some child-support and a visit every few months doesn't cut it at being a parent pal. Yeah, I'd pretty much let him know his job as sperm-donor is over, and it's time for him to move the f*** on.

wadledo
2008-03-02, 11:46 AM
1) Only thing I can think of is to be able to summon pumpkins spontaneously.

2) Tell the people who are very similar to me to shut the bloody hell up, because I see to much of what I was and could be in them to not want to force them to change.

Flickerdart
2008-03-02, 11:50 AM
1) Mortality is lame. I'd want to be immortal (and the good kind of immortal that includes eternal youth and invulnerability, too).

2) There is no one thing. No negative consequences means I could say anything I wanted to anyone I wanted. I don't see why I have to limit myself. >.>

Ego Slayer
2008-03-02, 04:14 PM
1). There are countless things I'd change about myself. My current mood is wishing I could change almost everything. Finally thought of something specific enough... I guess one thing would be age. I'm sick of feeling like I'm judged on my age. There are always stereotypes for various age groups, and I detest the stereotypes that go along with mine. I don't even like knowing peoples' ages until after I know them a bit so I judge them on what they say, not what I expect because they're x-amount of years old.

2). Probably rant at someone about how ignorant, intolerant, brainwashed, and rude they are.

FireFox
2008-03-02, 05:31 PM
1. nothing. why mess with perfection? :smallwink: but really, if it aint broke...

2. threats to various people who have offended or insulted me or my friends beyond "just joking". cuz appearantly threats are illeagal now... :smallsigh:

gojira
2008-03-02, 06:12 PM
1. If you could change anything about yourself, what would you change and why?? I'd be skinnier!

2. If you could say absolutely anything to anybody without negative consequence, who and why? Several people and several things are alright. I'd tell my hubby to lose the belly fat :)

I guess we are just fatties.

blademaster42
2008-03-02, 06:19 PM
1. If I could change anything about myself, I would like to expand my vocal range. I like to sing, but I wish I was better at it.

2. If I could say anything to anyone without negative consequences, I'd tell my English 10 teacher that she's a b**** for flunking me on purpose. For two semesters. Oh, and that the smile is really fake.

Ego Slayer
2008-03-02, 06:25 PM
1. If I could change anything about myself, I would like to expand my vocal range. I like to sing, but I wish I was better at it.

Oh, that is definitely near the top of the list of things I'd like to change. I wish I could really sing. :smallsigh:

Lira
2008-03-02, 06:31 PM
1. I would make myself a more outgoing person. Being an introvert has too many downsides.

2. I would spend an hour swearing at my old neighbor about how she's responsible for causing me a lot of pain. >.<

Scorpina
2008-03-02, 06:34 PM
My ugly, ugly manjaw, of course. That or my accent. No, I'll stick with the manjaw.

I'd tell her that she gives me butterflies in my stomach. Not that I particularly want to do anything about it, but I'd like to tell her without it scaring her off.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-03-02, 06:39 PM
...you don't have a manjaw! >.<

Brickwall
2008-03-02, 06:39 PM
1. I'd make my hair grow long again.

2. There are countless answers to this. Loads of people I want to tell off, loads of women I'd like to study privately, etcetera. I can't even pick a dozen of them.

I love a song that applies to the second question: Consequence Free (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUSNIKwNOww)

Darius Midnite
2008-03-02, 06:42 PM
1. I guess I would like to change how I always see things from a negative perspective. Not because I don't like it, but because it's beginning to make me weary and tired.

2. I would tell my best girlfriend to get a grip at reality and wake up. That her selfishness is turning her to ash inside and destroying those around her.

KoboldMight
2008-03-02, 06:54 PM
1. make it so i was never born. or if that is un-accomplishable i guess if i was a more enthusiastic/positive (I am neither) person then i currently am that would probly improve life a bit or if I could stop thinking about things that I don't want to. also learn to speak English better.

2. i barely talk. if theres anything i actually really really (really) want to say, I usually do, no matter who hears it or who i am addressing.

rubakhin
2008-03-02, 07:27 PM
1. To speak Chechen and to speak Russian better. Losing my mother tongue is, and will always be, my deepest and most permanent regret. This third-rate brand of English is no substitute. (That or I wish I were a tall guy! :smallmad:)

2. There are a few things that I have yet to confess to mon aimé Mikha, that will probably create a vast untrammeled universe of problems, but ... I think that I would tell things to Sergei Nabokov. You've all heard of Vladimir Nabokov. (I mean, I hope you have all heard of Vladimir Nabokov. Guy what wrote Lolita.) But he had a brother, Sergei - the kindest, handsomest, and most sensitive out of all his family. He lived a long and miserable life, was not valued by his family, and died in terrible pain from the Nazi concentration camp in the early years of the war, alone. Nothing remains of his own personal talent, neither at music nor literature (his poems were said to surpass Nabokov's!) nor at the art of life.

But I would like to tell Sergei Nabokov how much he inspired his brother, who wrote some of literature's greatest novels. I would like to tell him that after his death, after the war, people called his brothers and sisters to tell them about his heroism and compassion inside the Nazi camps. I would tell him that his brother Vladimir had a strange prophetic dream about him at the night of his death, and felt deep sorrow after his passing.

And also this more personal thing: I was so charmed by a photograph of him when he was a young man, that looking at it an idea for a great novel suddenly sprung into my head. A historical novel taking place in 1939, with a protagonist named Sergei. I worked on it for hours every day, and when I ran out of inspiration I would only have to look at the photograph again and be renewed. Now, these were bad times for me, but whenever I thought of killing myself, I would think - the novel, I have to finish the novel. Despite hope for future happiness and my loved ones, the only thing that ever really stopped me was this book that I had to write. Some time passed. There came other loved ones, other novels. Most of the manuscript is now lost. It is possible that I won't start work on it again for many long years, but I will probably, I think, finish it someday, and when I do I will dedicate it to Sergei Vladimirovich. Because if I hadn't started working on this novel, I simply would not be alive, and Sergei Nabokov was instrumental in that. When I was in captivity in a mental hospital, a loved one of mine who understood this brought me copies of those photographs of him so that I would be able to work.

In short, I would thank him for all this. As for the "avoiding negative consequences" part - well, since he's dead, one assumes that I myself would have to be dead and in the afterlife to tell him this. :smallbiggrin: So I'd like to avoid that negative prerequisite.

(I'd also like to tell the writer Makanin that I nicked my pen name, Rubakhin, from one of his short stories. I'd like to get his permission someday before publishing anything substantial under it - not a legal permission, but a spiritual one. This I could quite easily do considering that he's still alive, but I'm shy.)

The Orange Zergling
2008-03-02, 09:48 PM
1: I would like to stop stuttering.

2: I would tell some select people to shut up, stop acting like they know what they're talking about, to get off of their high horse, to stop acting like they are more important than everyone else, and that I'd be very happy if their fingers and/or tongue were to spontaneously burst into flames. Cruel, perhaps.

Em Blackleaf
2008-03-02, 10:21 PM
1) I would like to make it so that I had hair exactly like Yotsuba (http://koiwai.biz/).
That, or make it so that I wasn't so shy around the opposite sex.

2) I would tell one person that she needs to learn how to lower the volume of her voice, shut up for once, take a grammar class, eat, and keep a secret.
One person I would like to hit over the head with a folder, because it's fun to do that. :smalltongue:

Gaelbert
2008-03-02, 11:05 PM

But I'd like to know.

Fine. I'll rise to the bait.

1. Get rid of celiac. Easy enough.
2. I would say that one thing to that one Armenian. You know what I mean. And if you don't, then no offense, but I really don't want you to know.
@V: I get... absent minded at times. So shoot me.
And no, it wasn't all directed at you.

Jae
2008-03-02, 11:08 PM
EDIT: SOMETIMES? I don't even think you are, I think you know that it's basically my pet peeve above all pet peeves. And I will shoot you because you didn't even stick to the standards of your specific question.

And awh gaelburt is shy about his crush.
But I'm portuguese, not armenian. Happy editing.

Fine. I'll rise to the bait.
But you couldnt answer THE FIRST TIME?! :smallfurious:

2. I would say that one thing to that one Armenian. You know what I mean. And if you don't, then no offense, but I really don't want you to know.

Was that entire sentence directed toward me because Im trying to figure out how I could NOT know?

Jayngfet
2008-03-02, 11:20 PM
1. giant bat wings, mine are too small

2. I'd tell all the crybaby quitting webcomic artists who have an obvious fanbase, you start something, at least finish to the chapters end, most of you update once a week

if the stories are to be believed there are countless webcomics stiiting out there, dusty, forgotten, little more than a single page to mark the fact they were ever concieved, not even cared about enough to be removed from the internet.

Jagg
2008-03-02, 11:25 PM
1) Straight hair. Coz then I could grow it longer without ending up with the Caucasian 'Fro - not a good look.
2) Oh there are far too many people I'd like to say words to that would get me banned from these boards.

Gaelbert
2008-03-02, 11:36 PM
1) Straight hair. Coz then I could grow it longer without ending up with the Caucasian 'Fro - not a good look.

Awwww...:smallfrown:

And awh gaelburt is shy about his crush.

Not that it matters anymore, now that you just posted something that killed the ambiguity of my statement.

Jae
2008-03-02, 11:42 PM
Awwww...
no you basically have the best curly hair like
ever.

Not that it matters anymore, now that you just posted something that killed the ambiguity of my statement.
It was obvious :smalltongue:
& it still says Armenian.

&& you better just be taking a super long time in answering my other thing or I might go a bit crazy.

evisiron
2008-03-02, 11:43 PM
1. Seriously, be healthier and fitter. Although answering reminding me thats something I can do :smallsmile:
Less seriously, I want superpowers. Lots of them! :smallbiggrin:

2. Hmm. Not sure, I am usually pretty honest with people, and don't have many people I want to rant at but don't. I can usually find an easier way of saying it. There are things that I would want to say, but would feel bad because they probably don't deserve it.
Maybe one of my professors. She is a nice person, but I hate her teaching style.

FireFox
2008-03-02, 11:50 PM
I'd like to change mine actually...

I would like to be able to fly anything that can move on its own in the air. now granted, maybe I already can considering I have never been at the yoke of such a craft, but it would be nice to change myself so that I am instantly an ace pilot...

And I cannot think of anything besides threats I'd want to say to anybody that i haven't said
id like to say: "thats cold" to V. mostly because it should be said and also that id prefer to not provoke repercussions by "sticking my nose where it does not belong"

Jae
2008-03-03, 12:05 AM
hmm is it too late for me to answer my own question?

1. I think I'd probably like to change..quite a few things. Maybe I'd be a lot less absent minded and a lot less paranoid and ask a lot less questions. But, I love those same things about me, so it's hard to say. Without paranoia and questions, I don't think I'd be the same person.
And although I think I'm far from all that pretty, I'm very comfortable with how I look. Looking different would creep me out..and looking attractive isnt all that important to me.

2. Off the top of my head, one person comes to mind. I don't know what exactly it is I want to say except wakeeeeup. I dunno. I can't wait for this crush to be over and done with, since I KNOW nothing is going to happen but eh. I don't see it happening anytime soon. :smallannoyed: I like this'un.

I think I'd like to tell several adults they have or still underestimate me. I'd like to tell my father he failed at life. Literally. And to just let me know when he dies, because it's an easier answer :smallsmile:

thatisall.

Hell Puppi
2008-03-03, 12:14 AM
1. If I could change anything about myself, I would replace my procrastination with organization. I have bouts of motivation when I can get the work of a week done in a day, but they are few and far between, and would like to do much better.

2. If I could tell anyone anything... I would actually blast my kids' biological father. I hold my tongue out of respect for only being a step-parent, but I'm f***ing raising them with their mother. Sending some child-support and a visit every few months doesn't cut it at being a parent pal. Yeah, I'd pretty much let him know his job as sperm-donor is over, and it's time for him to move the f*** on.

Smelliehippe, I can relate....well, not on the fathering part, but still.
I had a father who basically just sent the child support, and most years not even that. We (my brother and I) would only hear from him when he got a new girlfriend and she became interested in his kids (though to be fair most of his girlfriends were fairly nice and wanted to treat us like member of the family). Over the years my own father (step father technically, but I still claim him as my own) became increasingly annoyed with my 'biological' father.
The rift between us finally occurred when my grandfather (the father of my biological father) died, and my brother and I weren't told about the funeral. We were only told when my 'father' called and told us that we didn't care about our grandfather. There is a bit more to this story, but that' s all I feel like getting into.

Anyway, continue your support of your children, they'll thank you for it later.

smellie_hippie
2008-03-03, 06:49 AM
Thanks HellPuppi. I had kinda expected my rant to raise an eyebrow or two. I'm glad it was a supportive eyebrow.

Just to be clear... I don't hate the guy. I also would be happy to give him time to be more inclusive in his children's lives... he just... doesn't. It's very annoying. :smallannoyed: