PDA

View Full Version : Vaarsuvius is a traitor!

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-02, 12:56 AM
Okay we know that when the OOTSers go to the oracle of Sunken Valley Vaarsuvius asks a question:
"How will I achieve complete and total ultimate arcane power?"
The Oracle then responded with:
"By saying the right four words at the right time to the right being for all the wrong reasons"

When me and my friend were reading it again he got an idea. Vaarsuvius will join Xykon! Vaarsuivius will say "I Will Join You" (4 words) to Xykon (the right being) for all the wrong reasons should be obvious. As for the right time who knows what that could be.

Tell me what you think of my friend's theory and post your own if you want.

Deepblue706
2008-03-02, 01:00 AM
Meh.

I always thought a better one was, "I love you, Belkar"

Not that it really makes much sense in the context - unless it somehow entices Belkar to join him/her on a bloody quest to steal some ultimate magic MacGuffin, or something.

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-02, 01:05 AM
Meh.

Not that it really makes much sense in the context - unless it somehow entices Belkar to join him/her on a bloody quest to steal some ultimate magic MacGuffin, or something.

man I laughed out loud when I read that:smallbiggrin: but really, you may be on to something (no offense but I hope not)

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-03-02, 01:29 AM

WOW. Just, WOW. :smalleek:

"By saying the right four words at the right time to the right being for all the wrong reasons"

I like the Xykon theory, as unlikely as it may seem. I'd also bet on something to save one of the other OotS members.

Hopefully it will come up soon!

Querzis
2008-03-02, 01:31 AM
Well for all the wrong reasons obviously means Vaarsuvius is going to do a Raistlin and ally with evil. Now, that could be the Snarl, Xykon, Redcloak, the Linear Guild, Sabine Boss, an evil god, another villain we havent saw until now or even Belkar. Probably the Snarl since I dont think anything else got ultimate arcane power. What I really want to know is when it will happen. Elves lives very long lives so if the Giant really want to screw us up (and he like to do that, who woudnt?) V can just obtain ultimate arcane power hundreds of years after the end of the comic and we wont ever see it :smallamused:

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-03-02, 01:42 AM
You have a good point about the snarl, I think it's much more likely that the kind of power the prophecy is talking about would come from that which could destroy the very fabric of the universe than from Xykon.

Hmm...so perhaps V pulls a Gandalf instead, "You shall not pass!" to the snarl...and is destroyed or transformed into something with far more power...but I can't come up with a rationale for why that could be for all the wrong reasons.

Could he be trying to save someone that shouldn't be saved? Or doing something only to save himself?

tenguro
2008-03-02, 01:58 AM
Meh.

I thought the exact same thing, as well posted a thread on it, died out like a couple of months ago.

factotum
2008-03-02, 01:58 AM
Trouble is, if Xykon had ultimate power on tap, why would he give it to a minion? Doesn't really add up.

Wyvern_55
2008-03-02, 02:54 AM
Remember, V is not necessarily going to attain ultimate arcane power, but he/she should at least get the option to do so and refuse (for the right reasons) more than likely in some sort of turning on the group thing in my opinion.

Morgan Wick
2008-03-02, 03:48 AM
Remember, V is not necessarily going to attain ultimate arcane power, but he/she should at least get the option to do so and refuse (for the right reasons) more than likely in some sort of turning on the group thing in my opinion.

V asks, "How will I achieve..." The only difference between "achieve" and "attain" is semantics.

Also, I notice a lot of theories that get hung up on "for all the wrong reasons" and think "the right being" could be anyone on either side. I don't think "the right being" can be Xykon or any other evil character, even if they can directly give ultimate power.

Now, how can V have the wrong reasons to go to the right (i.e., good) being to achieve ultimate arcane power?
What if V joins with Redcloak and runs to the Spooky Wizard by the Coast? I don't know what "the right four words" would be...

VanBuren
2008-03-02, 03:55 AM
V asks, "How will I achieve..." The only difference between "achieve" and "attain" is semantics.

Also, I notice a lot of theories that get hung up on "for all the wrong reasons" and think "the right being" could be anyone on either side. I don't think "the right being" can be Xykon or any other evil character, even if they can directly give ultimate power.

Now, how can V have the wrong reasons to go to the right (i.e., good) being to achieve ultimate arcane power?
What if V joins with Redcloak and runs to the Spooky Wizard by the Coast? I don't know what "the right four words" would be...

Most of us aren't thinking of right as in good. Most of us are interpreting "right person" to be "correct person", though I can see how that might be an unexpected twist in the execution of the prophecy.

serow
2008-03-02, 04:06 AM
Four words:
Welcome to 4th Ed.

*flee!*

David Argall
2008-03-02, 04:07 AM
"Wrong reasons" generally means illogical and ones, not evil ones. Thus the cop checks all blondes because he thought he heard the captain describe the crook as a blonde. But the crook was a redhead, who is now wearing a blonde wig. The cop was right for the wrong reason.

So the more likely reading here is that the very logical V will do something entirely illogical. Maybe a hint will be found saying the Snarl is to be defeated by praise. But V misreads the clue as it is strengthened by praise, and then decides the hint is in fact a lie intended to lure them into a trap, and so starts the confrontation with praise.
Alternately, V might make the decision based on factors that don't matter at all. Maybe V decides based on the color of a flower.

Pie Guy
2008-03-02, 09:50 AM
I think the four right words will be "Give me that doilie" (or however it's spelled. V destroyed the kitchen just by channeling a little arcane power into it. And maybe the doilie will kill V's friend and V knows this.

Flickerdart
2008-03-02, 09:55 AM
Everyone knows the four words will be "I can has cheezburger?"

theinsulabot
2008-03-02, 10:49 AM
V already has ultimate power. we know the words

clearly, the 4 word worlds are "i prepared explosive runes"

Forealms
2008-03-02, 10:54 AM
My thoughts have always been a leaning a little to this, when V is around lvl 21-22 (but probably higher):

Vaarsuvius is talking to some being of some sort (Okay, I'm lacking in some details, but regardless) and said being teaches Vaarsuvius a new spell, but one of the good ones. Y'know. Epic. (I've always been partial to Shadow Army (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Shadow_Army_%28DnD_Epic_Spell%29).)

With this spell in mind, Vaarsuvius then uses it to destroy said being (Could be Xykon, if V does betray them and join Xykon). e.g. Vaarsuvius casts Shadow Army, then has the army all cast another previously-learned epic spell simultaneously with his/her similar spell. The previously-learned spell could be Ultima (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ultima_%28DnD_Spell%29) or Obliterate (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Obliterate_%28DnD_Epic_Spell%29). With either of these spells, and the entirety of V's clones attacking with it, Xykon has a good chance of dying by it, thus leaving V in the position of power.

Two things to add, though. If Ultima is used, even an epic-level wizard could be destroyed by the 20d6 backlash if they're unlucky enough, though this allows for a good story. Also, if V has the entire clone army cast the spell, only the original V's might be effective, since Xykon taught it to V and would probably know the clones are an illusion.

If that's not a display of ultimate arcane power, nothing is.

Edit: Maybe add Maximize, Quicken, and Empower spell in there for good measure (and to make it four words).

BisectedBrioche
2008-03-02, 11:00 AM
How do we know that we're interpriting "right" properly. Maybe V'll be confronted with two beings, one of which is on the right and the other the left.

Also, how do we know that the correct four words can't be accompanied by others? Considering V's habit of rambling maybe it'll only be four words out of a long rant that matter?

Helanna
2008-03-02, 12:03 PM
Vaarsuvius is going to do a Raistlin

Querzis, you are so awesome for making that a phrase.

Seriously, I like the possibility of a betrayal - it would make an awesome story arc. I think that the 'for all the wrong reasons' meant that Vaarsuvius would know that she was betraying the OotS, but deciding that ultimate arcane power was worth it. I wasn't thinking along the lines of, "Okay, heads, I say the Four Words, tails, I don't . . ." but it has humor potential.

Adeptus
2008-03-02, 12:12 PM
You are all way off. Master Richard the Giant is much more clever than that.

Here's a clue, it will be funny and not a clishe like turning to "the dark side".:vaarsuvius:

SoD
2008-03-02, 12:15 PM
I'm a fan of the V/Belkar idea, give him an item to increase his wisdom, and they're the perfect couple! She did say 'he truely was the greatest of us all'...not sure how hooking up with the belkster is combined with ultimate power though...

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-02, 01:33 PM
everyone has great ideas but we keep forgetting something. The Right Time. This doesn't mean like after the question is asked it's the right time to answer but as in its the only time like no other time will work. Any one got theories on that? because I don't have any ideas

Newtkeeper
2008-03-02, 01:57 PM
Here's a clue, it will be funny and not a clishe like turning to "the dark side".:vaarsuvius:

I think you are wrong in your assumptions. The Giant does not make a point of avoiding cliches, he actively works them in- and then spoofs them. And remember, funny and cliche are not exclusive.

On the other hand, I somehow can't see V turning to the 'dark side'. Doesn't seem to match the comic's tone, somehow. But, of course, my guess is no better than anyone else's here.

Half-blood
2008-03-02, 06:20 PM
I always thought that She (or whatever) would figure out the four right words and would say them whilst the rest of the OOTS were in trouble. but she would attain them for her own purposes over saving the others. (Although she would. her intent is morso for the power. not the saving thing.)

Remirach
2008-03-02, 06:41 PM
I could see it. I always interpreted "for all the wrong reasons" as being illogical reasons, ISTM that's what most people immediately assume. It doesn't mean it's what the Oracle meant. C'mon, the Oracle is supposed to be tricky. I still think it's very likely that "the four right words" are words which will come out in reference to something that's wholly unrelated to the situation at hand, but why not allow "all the wrong reasons" to mean "for selfish reasons?"

This whole idea of Redcloak and V allying is intriguing. Both the Goblin and Elven gods were raised after the creation of the world. Maybe the Elven God would like a seat at the table along with the Dark One and the other pantheons. V's already admitted to tampering with the fundamental order of things out of boredom, is tampering with the Snarl really all out of place?

Flickerdart
2008-03-02, 06:45 PM
Hm.

"The Four Right Words" could very well be the four right words!

Yerocha
2008-03-02, 06:53 PM
I would assume it involves an act that results in something good, but V actually does it for his own selfish gain or something like that.

Spiky
2008-03-02, 09:47 PM
On the other hand, I somehow can't see V turning to the 'dark side'. Doesn't seem to match the comic's tone, somehow. But, of course, my guess is no better than anyone else's here.

I think it's pretty clear that V is Neutral. I'm not sure "turning" is the appropriate term.

Nathan W
2008-03-02, 10:07 PM
summon dux ex machina

Parvum
2008-03-02, 11:12 PM
summon dux ex machina

Hooray! Go, robot ducks! (Sorry, it was just so irresistable)

Back to the topic, the prophecy given nearly shouts that V will betray the Order. Therefore, there is no possible way that V will betray the order. My vote is saying "the four right words" in a logic puzzle and making some Lawful god's head explode.

blatto
2008-03-02, 11:16 PM
Clearly, she will say:

"I really miss Miko."

Hilarity ensues.

bopeuph
2008-03-02, 11:31 PM
I came out of lurking to say I can't believe nobody suggested the following:

"I am a (insert gender here)!"

Lira
2008-03-02, 11:47 PM
I came out of lurking to say I can't believe nobody suggested the following:

"I am a (insert gender here)!"That's been suggested quite a few times in older topics. I don't see how it would fit the rest of the criteria (for example, why would it be "for all the wrong reasons"?).

Cousinbj13
2008-03-03, 07:01 AM

Dude... That's awesome. I definitely think it'll be "I prepared Explosive Runes" now.

Szilard
2008-03-03, 09:10 PM
Has to be "Pass me the doiley.":smallbiggrin:

†Seer†
2008-03-04, 03:27 AM
I can't wait until he blurts out four words...
in Elvish!

Who says that he'll speak in English? :P

Maybe he'll even polymorph (lizard) and do a little hissing quartet.

Anyways.

Carry On!

Roderick_BR
2008-03-04, 07:45 AM
Four words:
Welcome to 4th Ed.

*flee!*
Why not? Wasn't him/her that pointed out the 3.5 changes?:smallbiggrin:

That's been suggested quite a few times in older topics. I don't see how it would fit the rest of the criteria (for example, why would it be "for all the wrong reasons"?).
Because he/she will say it to an equaly gender-hidden character, creating even more confusion. The resulting chaos will wreack havok on all reality.
And this level of chaos will grant him the ability to control the Snarl's power.

brilliantlight
2008-03-04, 08:19 AM
I can't see V turning on the others. More likely it means illogical but " The right four words" is a real possibility.

Lunaya
2008-03-04, 02:38 PM
I just can't see Vaarsuvius betraying his/her friends. There's no question that s/he has a good deal of affection especially for Haley, and I just can't see V willingly doing anything to hurt her.

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-04, 03:01 PM
I just can't see Vaarsuvius betraying his/her friends. There's no question that s/he has a good deal of affection especially for Haley, and I just can't see V willingly doing anything to hurt her.

that's actually a good point:smallconfused:

Regneva
2008-03-04, 07:21 PM
The thing that I can't believe about this is that a prophecy asserts that Vaarsuvius would be achieving total arcane power through uttering a sentence that ONLY CONSISTS OF 4 WORDS!

If I know Vaarsuvius, The sentence should be as sophisticated and verbose as anything we've heard him/her mutter, AND IT SHOULD ALL FIT IN 4 WORDS!!!

Nerdanel
2008-03-04, 07:49 PM
How about a spell, such as...

Maximized delayed blast fireball!!!

Casting a big destructive spell against the right person at the right time for the wrong reasons could certainly have a huge amount of potential plot significance.

Souju
2008-03-04, 07:55 PM
i've still got my heart set on "The Right Four Words"

Lupy
2008-03-04, 08:31 PM
I believe the prophecy means that for selfish (all the wrong) reasons, V does something that may screw the order, but brings shim to power. The right being, well, who knows. Durokan? Xykon? They're epics, we dont know about any gods, but here is my suspicion... It's Raistlin! But with a mixed up name! Because once we see the hour glasses, we all know who it is, regardless of name. The four words... "You could beast Gandalf":smallbiggrin:, seriously though, how about "I am ready now." Short and sweet for once... Or...

Oh Majere, mightiest of the magi, though thou were struck down at your moment of triumph (in the background *Caramon!*), pass on your mightiest powers to me, that one day the power will be found again... I am ready now, for your mantle oh great one...

Btw, IMO, Raistlin is the greatest mage. EVER. In fantasy. PM me anyone who could fight him and win... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/Raistlin.png

Impikmin
2008-03-08, 10:30 PM
Hmm not too outrageous, and it fits the bill. I like it!

Lunaya
2008-03-09, 01:43 AM
My money's on, "You shall not pass!", just because it's awesome. :smallcool:

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-03-09, 02:50 AM
"I have betrayed you."

Caractacus
2008-03-10, 03:35 PM
summon dux ex machina

It actually says: "Summon a leader" rather than a god.

Which could even make sense for gaining power.

Funnily enough, you misquoted that, yet it said something correct, and I read it, and I studied Latin.

You said the right four words for all the wrong reasons to the right person at the right time...

Um...are you V? :smallwink:

Caractacus
2008-03-10, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=Lupy;4022523]The four words... "You could beast Gandalf":smallbiggrin:

That sounds...erm...disgusting? :smalleek:

[Sorry about the double post]

Deathwisher
2008-03-11, 02:14 PM
Actually the words should be: "I want a doily" :smalltongue:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0033.html

As to it being for the wrong reasons, I think you can argue that there aren't really any right reasons to get ultimate power. (Power corrupts and all that.)

Querzis
2008-03-11, 02:34 PM

As to it being for the wrong reasons, I think you can argue that there aren't really any right reasons to get ultimate power. (Power corrupts and all that.)

Power doesnt corrupt at all, its just that its a lot easier to gain power if you are corrupted in the first place since you are ready to do everything to get it. Gods got ultimate power, last time I checked they arent all corrupted. I dont see how gaining power to save more innocents is supposed to be wrong.

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-03-11, 02:36 PM

Even though I'm pretty sure that that has been suggested before, I'd vote for it just to see the OOTS freak out like that again :biggrin: Doily Power!!:vaarsuvius:

Squid Thingy
2008-03-11, 04:33 PM
I really liked this theory (unfortunatly I can't remember who posted it) "Show me Haley Starshine!". V is searching for them mostly out of guilt and trying preserve his self image as a superior being of awesome arcane power. In his quest to find Haley and Belkar he's going out of his mind, and it's not far fetched that he gets some powerful mage to help him on his quest (possibly a demon/devil/doily). The right time being when the duration of the cloister spell runs out, the wrong reasons - he's doing it out of selfishness rather than sincere concern for his comrades.

Malfunctioned
2008-03-11, 05:18 PM
What if the words are "Madness?, THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!"

I just imagined V in a Leonidas outfit :smalleek:.

Deathwisher
2008-03-12, 09:35 AM
What if the words are "Madness?, THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!"

I just imagined V in a Leonidas outfit :smalleek:.

I cannot imagine Vaarsuvius kicking people into a pit. (S)he just doesn't have the strength.

MandibleBones
2008-03-12, 09:54 AM
Well, there's always "What would Thor do?"

He's been hanging out with Durkon enough.

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-03-12, 09:54 AM
I cannot imagine Vaarsuvius kicking people into a pit. (S)he just doesn't have the strength.

Perhaps not...but I can certainly imagine s/he happily suspending someone over a pit using magic, or creating a boiling tar pit under their feet, or a void into the fire plane....:smallbiggrin:

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-12, 10:26 PM
Perhaps not...but I can certainly imagine s/he happily suspending someone over a pit using magic, or creating a boiling tar pit under their feet, or a void into the fire plane....:smallbiggrin:

that's a hilarious thought:smallamused:

brilliantlight
2008-03-13, 07:38 AM
I really liked this theory (unfortunatly I can't remember who posted it) "Show me Haley Starshine!". V is searching for them mostly out of guilt and trying preserve his self image as a superior being of awesome arcane power. In his quest to find Haley and Belkar he's going out of his mind, and it's not far fetched that he gets some powerful mage to help him on his quest (possibly a demon/devil/doily). The right time being when the duration of the cloister spell runs out, the wrong reasons - he's doing it out of selfishness rather than sincere concern for his comrades.

I disagree I think she is truly concerned about Haley.

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-13, 06:30 PM
I disagree I think she is truly concerned about Haley.
normally I'd think your right but after three months of failure and spending every second of it in complete sollitude trying to find a way to comiunicate with your best friend, who is possibly dead now, and thinking that it was your fault because you're no where near powerful enough...yeah that might drive you a little crazy. And give you reasons to want more arcane power.
also durkon may have done some foreshadowing. He said to Elan "or 'e's just dedicated to winning."
also V was always a little arcane power obsessed, now Haley's life is on the line who knows what lengths he'll go to! (yeah I think Vaarsuvius is a he got a problem with that!)

turkishproverb
2008-03-13, 07:00 PM

Four words:

Lawyer: You can't use that! Ultimate arcane power is copyrighted.

:Varsuuvious:It is Fair use.

Lawyer explodes

:smallsmile:

brilliantlight
2008-03-13, 08:42 PM
normally I'd think your right but after three months of failure and spending every second of it in complete sollitude trying to find a way to comiunicate with your best friend, who is possibly dead now, and thinking that it was your fault because you're no where near powerful enough...yeah that might drive you a little crazy. And give you reasons to want more arcane power.
also durkon may have done some foreshadowing. He said to Elan "or 'e's just dedicated to winning."
also V was always a little arcane power obsessed, now Haley's life is on the line who knows what lengths he'll go to! (yeah I think Vaarsuvius is a he got a problem with that!)

I agreee with that but it is a fact that she would be going crazy because she is trying to contact Haley so it still is a fact she cares about Haley.

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-13, 11:18 PM
I agreee with that but it is a fact that she would be going crazy because she is trying to contact Haley so it still is a fact she cares about Haley.

but what if she thinks its no longer about haley and subtley changes her mind, she may say to her self that she's doing this to save Haley but what if she actually wants to do this to preserve her own image of an arcane superior and make the worlds most powerful divination spell ever. She may think she's doing it to save Haley, and I agree she normally would, but now she's slowly loosing her sanity (and according to Elan her vanity). She may now be more dedicated to arcane powers rather than her friends, which sad as it is, maybe the truth :smallfrown: .
(oh and I've now decided that through research i have deduced the V is in fact female, not only physical evidence but also emotional, so i guess one could say I switched sides in the middle of the battle:smallamused:)

Child Conscript
2008-03-16, 12:49 AM

That is so funny and so true :wink:

lothofkalroth
2008-04-13, 01:44 PM
What if the four words are "I am a man/woman," thus revealing V's identity? Not that this is likely to gain him/her ultimate arcane power, but still...

Admiral_Kelly
2008-04-13, 01:47 PM
Don't forget folks it is most likely Vaarsuvius who is killed by Belkar. Factor that into the Xxykon theory...

Lerky
2008-04-13, 02:04 PM
Don't forget folks it is most likely Vaarsuvius who is killed by Belkar. Factor that into the Xxykon theory...

no Belkar killed Roy by giving him the ring of jumping which allowed Roy to jump to his death. So Belkar's prophecy is fulfilled so is Haley's, Elan's isn't that intresting to start a Thread about, and Roy's was fulfilled... all that's left is V

reignofevil
2008-04-13, 02:24 PM
I dunno, thats pretty roundabout for belkar. I am not sure it even counts for prophecies.

David Argall
2008-04-13, 02:26 PM
no Belkar killed Roy by giving him the ring of jumping which allowed Roy to jump to his death. So Belkar's prophecy is fulfilled
Belkar caused the death of Roy. This does not qualify as killing him. For one thing, it is not clear that Belkar was intending his death, and it wasn't that clear to Roy or Belkar that Roy didn't have a chance, as opposed to trying something quite dangerous. However, it does qualify as caused the death of, which is what the prophecy said. Whether it sufficiently qualified is a matter of considerable debate. Belkar is not going to get any refunds, but it isn't clear this was what the prophecy was about.

bluewind95
2008-04-13, 03:07 PM
Hm.... a rather weird epileptic tree just came knocking into my head. I thought I'd share.

What if, basically, V is thrown into a rather dire situation and threatened with death unless he does something horrible? And then he declines and is reminded "But you WILL die, then." and he'd reply "I die in peace". And then he's killed and for some reason, this gives him ultimate arcane power. The 4 right words, to the right person, but for the wrong reasons (after all, he wouldn't be saying them TO gain power, but for loyalty, perhaps to friends. So it's the wrong reason for the actual purpose).

zuzak
2008-04-13, 03:21 PM
#130 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0130.html)

I don't think that V, Elan, or Haley would have taken the ring of jumping, but Roy, who hated the bag of tricks, would have. He would therefore have had it anyway at Azure City, so if you remove Belkar from the story, Roy still dies.

Unless there's some detail that would cause him not to die, but that's the problem with what-ifs.

Trizap
2008-04-13, 03:42 PM
guys you have to remember, with all the Oracles predictions, there was a strange, maybe ironic twist, Roy asked which gate Xykon would be at first, only at the wrong gate, Belkar killed Roy, but in an indirect way, while the oracle couldn't answer Haley because of condition at the time, while Durkon would return to his dwarven homelands- after he died, Elan asked if there would be a happy ending and the Oracle said "at least for you", so we have to assume that the Oracles prediction about V will be just as twisted and ironic.

Darakonis
2008-04-13, 04:01 PM
Belkar caused the death of Roy. This does not qualify as killing him.
Actually, that's the very definition of killing him.

Kill: (verb) 1. to deprive of life in any manner; cause the death of; slay.

You're thinking of murder.

But either way, I agree that Belkar did not kill Roy. As zuzak stated, even if Belkar was never in the party, Roy would most likely still have died the same way.

Hario
2008-04-13, 04:22 PM
Its pretty obvious its going to be the 4 words on the right of a list of some sort that will be vague. I hope this hasn't been mentioned didn't read all 3 pages

Admiral_Kelly
2008-04-13, 04:34 PM
no Belkar killed Roy by giving him the ring of jumping which allowed Roy to jump to his death. So Belkar's prophecy is fulfilled so is Haley's, Elan's isn't that intresting to start a Thread about, and Roy's was fulfilled... all that's left is VRoy's cause of death was Xxykon's spell. Belkar simply provided Roy the means to face off Xxykon; that had nothing to do with his death. That and if this idea were the case it would be clear by now.

Roy is not going to die a second time. That would be ridiculous.

Miko is already dead. No Miko; no Windstriker. Cross them both out.

Strike off the Oracle as well; for that could only be humorous and all of the prophecies (excluding V's bird) have been quite serious.

For these reasons I predict that Belkar will be the one to kill Vaarsuvius. And if the original poster's theory is true; then this will prove quite interesting.

51la5
2008-04-13, 04:47 PM
V's four words will be.
doilyised deus ex machina.

Laurentio
2008-04-14, 09:31 AM
Considering that arguments on Belkar prophecy sound good to me, I agree that V is going to be killed by Belkar. We know that V is a proficient student, but really limited by a ton of prejudice. So, a dire change of perspective would be the untapping of a new range of potentiality.

[Epileptic tree] V killed by Belkar change alignment and became some sort of evil arcanist (after dead). Tragic, and fitting. In this case, the four words could be "I dare you, Belkar".[/Epileptic tree]

Laurentio

Illiander
2008-04-14, 10:09 AM
Four words:

Lawyer: You can't use that! Ultimate arcane power is copyrighted.

:vaarsuvius: It is Fair use.

Lawyer explodes

:smallsmile:
Win, so much win :D

The other option, of course:

Lawyer: You can't use that! Ultimate Arcane Power is Patented!

:vaarsuvius: Here is Prior Art.

Lawyer runs away crying.

Though, "Pass me the doily", and "I love you Belkar" both have potential.

But "Summon Deux Ex Machina" (corrected the spelling, I think), has SO much potential, I could see it being what the Giant originally planned, of course, now we've suggested it, it won't be...

Remirach
2008-04-14, 11:02 AM
Belkar KNEW (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0435.html) giving Roy the ring would lead to his death before the actual death even occurred. He offered it to him so he could win his "life or death" bet with the grand larceny guy. So actually Roy dying as a result of Belkar's actions was, in fact, Belkar's deliberate intent.

Plus in 460 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0460.html) you get Miko bitching about how Roy's evaded a richly deserved fate from his association with Belkar... to cut straight to the shot of Roy's corpse being sized up by vultures.

DementedFellow
2008-04-14, 04:37 PM
My vote will go for

"Blackwing, I chose you!"

Don't know how it will work out. But it just seems like a good spoof of Miko and the fact that his familiar is largely neglected in the first place.

exalted
2008-04-14, 05:36 PM
I'm going to go with "I will help you" or something similar to redcloak. Have a feeling that Xykon won't be there in the end to unleash the snarl, and redcloak will need a new arcane caster.

rankrath
2008-04-14, 05:57 PM
not sure if this has been posted yet, but here's my guess;

:vaarsuvius: I attack the darkness!

the darkness of course being what surrounds MITD, thus revealing him to the world. For thanks, MITD gives V power.

Edric O
2008-04-14, 07:10 PM
Back to the topic, the prophecy given nearly shouts that V will betray the Order. Therefore, there is no possible way that V will betray the order. My vote is saying "the four right words" in a logic puzzle and making some Lawful god's head explode.
"This statement is false."

Jayabalard
2008-04-14, 07:54 PM
even if Belkar was never in the party, Roy would most likely still have died the same way.At the point the prophecy was made, Belkar already was a part of the party, and he had already taken the ring, so any scenario where the premise runs counter to either of these facts is not really meaningful.

Mewtarthio
2008-04-14, 09:37 PM
I'm guessing "Quickened Spell Turning! Daze!" The right person, in this case, would be anyone with spell turning up. V rolls poorly on the feedback loop results table and ends up getting tossed through an interplanar rift along with V's target, but randomly ends up in a location where V can acquire ultimate arcane power.

Four words? Check. Right being? Just throw in some random reason why the target needs to be someone in particular. Right time? Only when the target has spell turning up. Wrong reasons? V clearly doesn't intend to get sent to the Elemental Plane of Ultimate Arcane Power, and probably only has those few spells left.

raekuul
2008-04-15, 11:27 AM
"Drat! I messed up!"