PDA

View Full Version : OOTS #535 - The Discussion Thread

The Giant
2008-03-02, 03:03 PM
New comic is up.

There seems to be a problem with it showing up on the sidebar; if you don't see it, try force reloading one of the non-forum pages. Or you can go to #434 and hit the "Next" arrow button.

Lira
2008-03-02, 03:04 PM
Mr. Scruffy's so cute. :D

Great comic, it was neat to see the assassins again.

BRC
2008-03-02, 03:04 PM
WHOO, The triumphant return of the assasins!

expirement10K14
2008-03-02, 03:05 PM
Great comic. I guess Belkar and and the cat have different ideas.

Mauve Shirt
2008-03-02, 03:06 PM
May the twelve gods not appear in the sky just to smack you down. ^_^

Albonor
That may very well be the funniest strip yet! Go job!

VanBuren
As a cat owner, I can personally vouch for the fact that beneath Scruffy's adorable exterior lurks the heart of cold and ruthless feline efficiency.

It's like Belkar with an incredibly high Charisma and Bluff.

Aurorax
2008-03-02, 03:10 PM
Yay! I was worried that Scruffinator was going to have to stay behind to keep the peace.

gatitcz
2008-03-02, 03:10 PM
Not having read the non-online comics (I plan to at some point), did Belkar have an animal companion? If not, did he just get one?

FujinAkari
2008-03-02, 03:12 PM
Meow indeed ^_^

Rockphed
2008-03-02, 03:13 PM
The running theory is that Mr Scruffy is now Belkar's Animal Companion. Whether or not that is the case has yet to be seen.

And I think Belkar just translated Mr Scruffy's reply word for word.

orcmonk89
2008-03-02, 03:13 PM
Great comic. Mr. Scruffy should so be Belkar's Animal companion :P

ref
2008-03-02, 03:14 PM
Meow! And I can see how the assassins took Roy for the King of Nowhere, hehe.

Gerli
2008-03-02, 03:15 PM
Great Comic! :smallbiggrin:

Jonathan327
2008-03-02, 03:16 PM
Nice nod to Nowhere, and to know those guys are still around.

teratorn
2008-03-02, 03:17 PM
I'm very curious to see just how the cat will add to the team.

I don't see how a cat can be of much use, unless as a decoy.

Ogres seem to enjoy snacking on small furry creatures.

holywhippet
Not having read the non-online comics (I plan to at some point), did Belkar have an animal companion? If not, did he just get one?

He's never been shown with an animal companion. It's possible he had one and ate it for dinner though.

BRC
The Scruffinator is an epic-level Paragon Cat. He gets a Humanoid Companion as a class feature, his old one died so he picked up a new one.

Monation
2008-03-02, 03:18 PM
Hmm... seems like Belkar will have to dedicate a little more time to make the Scruffinator into a killing machine :smallbiggrin:

Megalomaniac2
2008-03-02, 03:20 PM
I absolutely love the callback to the Nowhere incident. The king even looks a little like Roy too!

Lyinginbedmon
2008-03-02, 03:22 PM
I'm sure there's a meaning inherent in Scruffy's actions relating to hind-quarters and kissing.

humanpylon
2008-03-02, 03:22 PM
Mr Scruffy rocks! Just goes to show that no matter what happens cats will be cats.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-03-02, 03:23 PM
The problem with this strip was that the continuity nod in the second panel was so hilarious it ruined the weak Belkar punchline.

Oh well, most of the quotable lines from this comic aren't the punch lines and it's always had fun details so I shouldn't complain that it doesn't work like a four panel gag.

Monation
2008-03-02, 03:27 PM
The problem with this strip was that the continuity nod in the second panel was so hilarious it ruined the weak Belkar punchline.

Oh well, most of the quotable lines from this comic aren't the punch lines and it's always had fun details so I shouldn't complain that it doesn't work like a four panel gag.

It SOOOO did not ruin anything. I ROFL'd through the whole strip, specially belkar in the last panel =D.

humanpylon
2008-03-02, 03:29 PM
Hey did it ever mention who hired the assassins to kill the king of nowhere?

Phase
2008-03-02, 03:30 PM
Maybe all the references to past story-arcs (i.e. Assasins, the fall of Miko) will trigger the sudden appearence of Julia...

Roy would be happy but the Deux Ex Machina police would lock Rich up for good.

Nice Job Giant!:smalltongue:

Iberiel
2008-03-02, 03:30 PM
*schlict schlict*
Cats are totally just like that. :D

Wych
2008-03-02, 03:31 PM
I am beginning to like Than more and more, is he the first paladin in the strip to express self-doubt?

Owl
2008-03-02, 03:31 PM
Cats are rude, vicious killers. He and Belkar will get along great. :smallsmile:

Tundar
2008-03-02, 03:33 PM
That's a gross cat :D

Come to think of it, Belkar and Mr. Scruffy has several similarities.

Hyozo
2008-03-02, 03:33 PM
I'm sure there's a meaning inherent in Scruffy's actions relating to hind-quarters and kissing.

I can't agree strongly enough Lying.

humanpylon
2008-03-02, 03:34 PM
It SOOOO did not ruin anything. I ROFL'd through the whole strip, specially belkar in the last panel =D.

Me too! There's something just inherently funny about a cat licking itself.

I did laugh a lot at the assassins too though.

Orzel
2008-03-02, 03:41 PM
How cute

A maniac and his kitty.

I sure hate to be the first guy to cause HP damage to Scruffy.

Castamir
2008-03-02, 03:46 PM
Meow. Just meow.

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-02, 03:54 PM
Ah, so that's why the assassins thought Roy was the King of Nowhere...

Sturmjaeger
2008-03-02, 04:07 PM
ZOMG! Belkar has his animal companion! At last!

That dark elf and his panther have nothing on Belkar and Mr. Scruffy!

humanpylon
2008-03-02, 04:15 PM
Ah, so that's why the assassins thought Roy was the King of Nowhere...

Yeah the main difference in appearance is the white fringes of hair on the king. They even wear a similar shade of blue!

happyturtle
2008-03-02, 04:16 PM
Why does Mr Scruffy lick his balls?

Because he can :smallwink:

Ikialev
2008-03-02, 04:19 PM
Yay, 2 pages in one day... ^^
Nice.

SPoD
2008-03-02, 04:55 PM
Nice Robert Evans reference in the title.

Martok
2008-03-02, 05:05 PM
Hooray for the continuity nod to the King of Nowhere and the assassins!

Hooray for Belkar & Mr. Scruffy!

Also liked the little scene between Haley, Thanh, & Niu.

Really, this entire comic was just awesome all-around. :smallsmile:

PollyOliver
2008-03-02, 05:09 PM
Nowhere makes a reappearance. And I'm starting to like that cat more and more. :smallbiggrin: Thanks!

MrEdwardNigma
2008-03-02, 05:22 PM
Why is the king of Nowhere wearing Xykon's clothes?

Eogan
2008-03-02, 05:24 PM
Awesome comic, Rich! Thank you.

I can't wait to see how the Belkar/Mr. Scruffy dynamic evolves. I'm imagining another "sexy, shoeless, god of war" moment, but with Mr. Scruffy in it this time. :smallamused:

So do we get a :mrscruffy: now?

Rad
2008-03-02, 05:38 PM
Yay! the assassins are back! :smallbiggrin:

And Belkar is finding out that +4 to Handle Animal checks to handle your own companion is not all-mighty after all...

hewhosaysfish
2008-03-02, 05:39 PM
Why is the king of Nowhere wearing Xykon's clothes?

Alternative question: Why does Xykon wear purple robes like a king?

Also, am I the only one who like the "What was I thinking, not advertising it to the team's paladin?" line?

Remirach
2008-03-02, 05:52 PM
I must confess, when I saw this was another "the Resistance in Azure City" strip I was a little bit disappointed, since my curiosity as to what Redcloak and Xykon have been up to in the interim period has been stroked to a fever pitch.

But then I saw the two lovable inept assassin guys and couldn't help but go "aww!" And I'm now liking Thanh -- people were questioning his ability, I thought unfairly since it was based on just a few strips, but here he's a decent fellow.

And check it out: Haley can have good relationships with other female characters! Vaarsuvius might be another, but now it's totally confirmed beyond the shadow of an ambiguous-gender doubt.

DrivinAllNight
2008-03-02, 05:54 PM
New comic is up.

There seems to be a problem with it showing up on the sidebar; if you don't see it, try force reloading one of the non-forum pages. Or you can go to #434 and hit the "Next" arrow button.

not to be picky, but shouldn't that be 534, or were you hoping for people to reread alot?
Also, thanks for teaching us how to spell that particular cat sound :smallbiggrin:
as always, a great comic.

Gertlex
2008-03-02, 06:07 PM
Tshirt:
4th, 3rd, and 2nd last frames in sequence.:smallcool:

Quorothorn
2008-03-02, 06:15 PM
I am beginning to like Than more and more, is he the first paladin in the strip to express self-doubt?

Hinjo seemed aware that he had his weak points, but he certainly never expressed any self-doubt aloud that I can remember. And he tried at least one move that I think most folks would call both insane and well beyond his solo abilities: namely, leaping off his ship at Redcloak, one of the most powerful people alive with a small army at his back. We all know how Miko was, of course.

I really like Thanh, too: he seems the sort who, like Hinjo, exemplifies the ideal of "the Paladin is your Pal".

I also would like to register my agreement with VanBuren.

Finally...hey Niu, could you hug Haley again for a moment? I need to capture the mental image for later.

Elfanatic
2008-03-02, 06:25 PM
Belkar and Scruffy are coming! Let all good- eh evildoers beware.

The_Kobold_Hero
2008-03-02, 06:33 PM
Hah! Good comic today. I loved the Shadowdancer and Dwarf cameo... That was simply a beautiful touch. :smallbiggrin:

Healer Hobo
2008-03-02, 06:33 PM
Awesome. I looked just a hour ago and it didn't show up... Go figure.

Great comic, the return of the assassin's(Though it was a 3 months ago thing) And Mr. Scruffy doing... Whatever makes Belkar think he's awesome.

Blaznak
2008-03-02, 06:35 PM
Ewwww. Mr. Scruffy!

It was great to see the two assassins show up again, though!

Later

rosebud
2008-03-02, 06:36 PM
Thanh had his stupid righteous moments, so doubt is a useful counterbalance.

It's nice to see OOTS are "owed a debt" AGAIN. Wonder how that will pan out.

One thing that amazes me about the story arcs are the number of named characters. (There must be a pretty large production budget to be able to pay such a large cast.)

I'm also curious how much everyone will level in Azure City by the time they get back.

Miraqariftsky
2008-03-02, 06:47 PM
Hah-hah, another great one from Burlew!

Hmm... looks like Miko might not have been alone in the paladins-sent away-to-diplomatic-missions-contingent...

silvadel
2008-03-02, 06:50 PM
Yep that was a "kiss my patoot" statement by the cat...

But then again, what epic villian doesnt have a white cat?

The assassin pic was neat also -- they cant catch any luck.

Better usually tho starting as a rogue than multiclassing to it -- 4xrogue skill points goes a long way. And yes -- dont generally tell the party paladin.

dogmac
2008-03-02, 06:57 PM
Man those Assassins can't pull a trick, can they?

Way to put Belkar down, Scruffy.

And good advice, Haley.

skinkatlarge
2008-03-02, 07:04 PM
The Scruffinator is an epic-level Paragon Cat. He gets a Humanoid Companion as a class feature, his old one died so he picked up a new one.Heck, any cat can get that just by taking a level in what the humans laughably misname the "domesticated" class.
Also, am I the only one who like the "What was I thinking, not advertising it to the team's paladin?" line?Nope! Favorite line. :smallbiggrin:

Charity322
2008-03-02, 07:17 PM
Heh, the King of Nowhere does look like Roy so those Assassins and hotel staff weren't quite as stupid as I thought. Well the hotel staff weren't ... three months and they still haven't pulled off the assassination?

Mesfens
2008-03-02, 07:28 PM
Heh, my pug licks himself like that all the time. :smallbiggrin:

Judice
2008-03-02, 07:32 PM
Mr. Scruffy is my favourite *meow* :smallamused:

I sure do hope he is Belkar's companion

Eran of Arcadia
2008-03-02, 07:48 PM
Of course the King of Nowhere looks like Roy. Just about the only only distinguishing characteristic is skin color (and hair, which doesn't even match).

Or maybe "stick figures all look alike to me" and I am just betraying my prejudice . . .

Remirach
2008-03-02, 08:09 PM
Or maybe "stick figures all look alike to me"

:smalleek: OMG You racist!

...or...um...speceist... no... you... er....

THINEIST

Crap that sounds like hell you are a damned

::rummages through online thesaurus::

STICKLER! (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stickler)

I hope you're happy, you pig!

Quorothorn
2008-03-02, 08:16 PM
Hah-hah, another great one from Burlew!

Hmm... looks like Miko might not have been alone in the paladins-sent away-to-diplomatic-missions-contingent...

Diplomacy (and Sense Motive, as well as two useful Knowledge skills, nobility&royalty and religion) is in-class and CHA (and to a lesser extent WIS) is a key attribute for Pallys: stereotypically they therefore make excellent envoys. Not to mention they have special mounts which, once the Pally reach middle levels, have greater speed than other members of their species, so they can cover distance a bit faster, a useful attribute when going abroad. Oh yeah, and immunity to disease and Lay on Hands (not to mention d10 HD) means they can keep themselves healthy out in the wild better than most. Add all this together...no class can touch them for ready-made suitability for going on diplomatic missions for a nation; only Bards, Clerics and Sorcs rival them, but aren't quite on the same level IMO (Diplomacy is cross-class for Sorcs, whilst Cleric and Bard lack Special Mount and have weaker HD, and Bards are non-lawful). The only flaw in Paladins as Ultimate Envoys is that Survival, Bluff and Knowledge (history/geography) are cross-class for them (just to note, Knowledge-history is not mechanically useful for envoys; I included it because it makes sense for them RP-wise).

Speaking entirely stereotypically there, of course. :smallsmile:

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-03-02, 08:26 PM
Also, am I the only one who like the "What was I thinking, not advertising it to the team's paladin?" line?

I loved that line!

Remember kids, if mom didn't see it, it didn't happen!

hajo
2008-03-02, 08:28 PM
Celia drafted an agreement ? With whom, the other resistance-factions ?

And Belkar needs to work more on his animal-empathy / animal-handling skills :smalltongue:

humanpylon
2008-03-02, 08:42 PM
Celia drafted an agreement ? With whom, the other resistance-factions ?

I think maybe the agreement was with Haley regarding leaving Azure city. Could be wrong of course.

*Edit* Never mind just re-read it. I guess it means the other groups won't co-operate while Haley and Belkar are around.

ChaoticEvilGuy
2008-03-02, 08:42 PM
YEAH SCRUFFINATOR! under that shoft fury exterior is the being of a ruthless killer (perfect animal companion for :belkar:)

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-03-02, 09:07 PM
I'm voting for the Scruffmiester taking over the OotS while Roy is gone. Has anyone figured out why he glued himself to Belkar in the first place?

How about if Shojo's spirit really is comminucating with/controlling Scruffy, and that's how Roy will finally contact them--by contacting Shinjo's spirit, since I bet he's got some majorly "unfinished business" feelings...

SteveMB
2008-03-02, 09:10 PM
I'm voting for the Scruffmiester taking over the OotS while Roy is gone. Has anyone figured out why he glued himself to Belkar in the first place?

The ways of cats are inscrutable.

rosebud
2008-03-02, 09:22 PM
Celia drafted an agreement?Of course she did. She needs something to make up for missing her exam and other coursework.

HOLEkevin
2008-03-02, 09:25 PM
The ways of cats are inscrutable.

Well I sure can't scrut it! I love the "two stone cold killers" bit though.

DarkLightDragon
2008-03-02, 10:04 PM
Yay for the Scruffinator!

Forum Explorer
2008-03-02, 10:16 PM
Looks like Death's Lil helper has his own lil helper

Ok that was a really bad pun:smalleek:

WarriorTribble
2008-03-02, 10:39 PM
Scruffy with a common... common... SHE DOG!?!?! Burn the BELKAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smallfurious:

kerravon
2008-03-02, 11:03 PM
Yeaaaaaa, Scruffy!!!!!

osyluth
2008-03-02, 11:16 PM
That's a gross cat :D

Come to think of it, Belkar and Mr. Scruffy has several similarities.

What do you mean? Cats clean themselves like that all the time. Anyway, Mr. Scruffy was probably neutered.

Fitzclowningham
2008-03-03, 12:11 AM
I can't help but wonder whether Mr. Scruffy's sound effect is a shout-out to Clay (no link, sorry).

Also, I'd submit that Belkar's certainty in the last panel that the cat was following him is an indication that Mr. Scruffy is indeed Belkar's animal companion.

Axl_Rose
2008-03-03, 12:17 AM
Haha, kudos for bringing back the King of Nowhere and the assassins

Just a typo though in the 3rd panel though

"Sorry, the agreement that Celia drafted and they signed..."

Arkenputtyknife
2008-03-03, 01:26 AM
Just a typo though in the 3rd panel though

"Sorry, the agreement that Celia drafted and they signed..."
There is no typo in that. But there is a mistake in the line above! :smallbiggrin:

Kgw
2008-03-03, 02:01 AM
Hey did it ever mention who hired the assassins to kill the king of nowhere?

The Patrician of Somewhere Else, maybe. You know, those guys want to rule everywhere... :smallbiggrin:
(sorry, I couldn't resist it)

Anyway, mr. Scruffy rocks. Either he wil got a big role in the story, or will serve for more jokes. Both are OK to me.

eilandesq
2008-03-03, 02:39 AM
He's never been shown with an animal companion. It's possible he had one and ate it for dinner though.

Technically, cats aren't on the list for potential animal companions, though any DM who refused a request to have one would be rather picky in doing so, since the animals who are on the basic list are all rather tougher than a housecat. Cheetahs are on the -3 level list (Mr. Scruffy being a pygmy cheetah would explain a lot. . .).

banjo1985
2008-03-03, 04:00 AM
Ah, Mr Scruffy steals the strip again! :smallbiggrin:

Very good, looks like the stories going to get moving again which is a good thing.

Prowl
2008-03-03, 06:30 AM
My girls give two paw stamps of approval to the latest plot twist.

Finn Solomon
2008-03-03, 06:54 AM
Okay, I love how the king of Nowhere looks just like Roy. Strips that reference older strips are awesome.

Shadowcaller
2008-03-03, 06:59 AM
Great comic as always, seems like the journey finally is going to start unless we change perspective once again to for exampel team evil or the Linear guild that would cover up some to-date plot holes.

Sequinox
2008-03-03, 07:25 AM
Assassins are back! Yes!

Meeed
2008-03-03, 07:31 AM
Or you can go to #434 and hit the "Next" arrow button.

I think you mean #534 :smalltongue:

kierthos
2008-03-03, 07:40 AM
I think you mean #534 :smalltongue:
No... 434. You just have to hit "Next" more then once. :smallcool:

jeffreyac
2008-03-03, 08:26 AM
The Patrician of Somewhere Else, maybe. You know, those guys want to rule everywhere... :smallbiggrin:
(sorry, I couldn't resist it)

No, no - everywhere is much further south, with a larger army; they'd be fools to try and rule everywhere. Somewhere Else has been massing troops on the border of nowhere for some time, though, and that looks like a more likely scenario...

You know, close borders between nowhere and somewhere else have sparked tension after all...

jeffreyac
2008-03-03, 08:29 AM
Oh, and:

Not at all - this was my favorite part of the strip, I think... You can certainly see Haley's influence here...

Useless
2008-03-03, 09:11 AM
Only for people who have read the extra strips in the book of No Cure for Paladin Blues:

Anyone else having a deja vu moment with Belkar and an animal companion(kinda)? As I recall he (Hayley really) was trying to train his riding dog and it started licking itself.
:belkar: "Change of plan, how do we get him to teach me to do that?"
(Or words to that effect)

jindra34
2008-03-03, 09:31 AM
Why is it that the two-bit characters always get the best lines anyways?

Blaznak
2008-03-03, 09:33 AM
Technically, cats aren't on the list for potential animal companions, though any DM who refused a request to have one would be rather picky in doing so, since the animals who are on the basic list are all rather tougher than a housecat. Cheetahs are on the -3 level list (Mr. Scruffy being a pygmy cheetah would explain a lot. . .).

Mebbe Belkar picked up a level of Sorcerer or Wizard we don't know about and the Scruffinator is his familiar... Er, no, that's not it. Maybe he's dumped lots of points into "Handle Animal" so his high charisma bonus makes it easy for him to... er no, that's not seeming correct. Maybe Belkar just smells like what he's killed lately so the cat just follows him around? Hmmm... highly unlikely! :smalltongue:

More mysteries for the strip to reveal!

Later!

Blaznak
2008-03-03, 09:35 AM
Why is it that the two-bit characters always get the best lines anyways?

Their agents are awesome and they have the scoop on the writer's dirty laundry, I suppose! :smalltongue:

bluish_wolf
2008-03-03, 09:40 AM
A cat is fine, too.

evilash
2008-03-03, 09:46 AM
The Scruffinator was obviously...

using charades for his answer. "Sounds like: let's lick some a$$!"

Holammer
2008-03-03, 10:03 AM
I can't help but wonder whether Mr. Scruffy's sound effect is a shout-out to Clay (no link, sorry).

My first thought as well, but I checked Clay's archives and he spells it like "shlick" and Rich used "schlict" in this strip. Merely a passing resemblance I reckon.

Good to see that "the cat stays in the picture". Scruffy will fill the void in Belkar's small black heart after skullsy betrayed him. But he was slightly overpowered anyway /meh

Vulion
2008-03-03, 10:46 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, I love those assassins!

Great comic, Giant!

Agthorr
2008-03-03, 11:28 AM

You've obviously never played Nethack.

the_tick_rules
2008-03-03, 11:33 AM
teraton, you don't have cats do ya? They're so underpowered it's insulting. They're stealthier than an epic level ninja and when they're mad the gods themselves flee before them. But to Scruffy, you stay strong, don't let Belkar corrupt you.

the_tick_rules
2008-03-03, 11:35 AM
teraton, you don't have cats do ya? They're so underpowered it's insulting. They're stealthier than an epic level ninja and when they're mad the gods themselves flee before them. But to Scruffy, you stay strong, don't let Belkar corrupt you.

Quorothorn
2008-03-03, 11:41 AM

How about if Shojo's spirit really is comminucating with/controlling Scruffy, and that's how Roy will finally contact them--by contacting Shinjo's spirit, since I bet he's got some majorly "unfinished business" feelings...

If he really did have unfinished business, then why would he refuse the Resurrect (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0410.html)?

Blink Dawg
2008-03-03, 03:44 PM
The Men from Nowhere are back! :smallbiggrin:

Ronald_saveloy
2008-03-03, 04:07 PM
May the twelve gods not appear in the sky just to smack you down.

To me, this sounds a lot like the opposite blessing to the curse: "May you live in interesting times!"

Obscurity
2008-03-03, 04:35 PM
For all I'm enjoying these bit strips that establish the previous status quo, I want the plot to get moving again.

Quorothorn
2008-03-03, 04:58 PM
For all I'm enjoying these bit strips that establish the previous status quo, I want the plot to get moving again.

...I'd say the plot's moving pretty fast right now, actually.

Heck, I don't see how people could say it was slowing down in the first place: but then again, I read Wheel of Time.

bluewind95
2008-03-03, 06:33 PM
Even before loading the comic, just by the title, I knew I'd be liking it. Yay Mr. Scruffy!

kabbor
2008-03-03, 07:09 PM

This thought was thoroughly gone over in a thread after scruffy was first tossed at Tsukito.

Generally, yes, if a cat wished to do injury (normally, all they want to do is escape!) it would succeed. However, if the victim was a) willing to sustain several minor injuries, and b) willing to injure the cat, they would have no problem subduing it. (think "grab cat around throat and tear its claws from your skin" - no, don't think that, its too gory!)

Stealth, however - yes, a cat is only seen if it wants to be (...fed!).

otakuryoga
2008-03-03, 08:32 PM
Yay....road trip for Mr. Scruffy!!

I'm very curious to see just how the cat will add to the team.

Ogres seem to enjoy snacking on small furry creatures.

SILENCE BLASPHEMER!!!!! NONE MAY HARM Mr. Scruffy!!!!!

Terraxos
2008-03-03, 09:34 PM
I loved this comic, purely for Mr Scruffy and the cameo by the assassins in panel 2. Last seen way, way back, somewhere around strip #242! Wow, is that the longest gap between two appearances by the same character in this comic?

(name here)
2008-03-03, 09:47 PM
so where does anywhere fit into all this? what about somewhere?

Nightfall
2008-03-03, 09:53 PM
I can honestly say that's the first time I've ever seen a stick cat lick itself. :smallbiggrin:

I liked the psuedo-translation posted earlier ("Let's lick some a$$!").

Yendor
2008-03-03, 10:18 PM
I loved this comic, purely for Mr Scruffy and the cameo by the assassins in panel 2. Last seen way, way back, somewhere around strip #242! Wow, is that the longest gap between two appearances by the same character in this comic?
Definitely (http://www.GiantITP.com/comics/oots0051.html) not (http://www.GiantITP.com/comics/oots0532.html).

nephtis
2008-03-04, 02:09 AM
Like many others here I loved the return of Nowhere and the assasins and I really hope Belkar has finally aquired an animal companion (and he's even a name for him unlike, V who 'doesn't name any of his/her class features' a.k.a. Darkwing)

This really calls for jokes on teleportation spells with limited person/level capacity in the future.
I know in our group it's always reason for discussion when the spell would be able to transport the whole party but a stubborn ranger/druid refuses to part with his/her companion (and while large creatures count as two persons there is no entry that says small or even tiny creatures count half...)

Btw, I noticed, while we know what most of the Order has been up to, am I the only one who noticed that Durkon get's awfully little screen time and lines? I know he's 'just the healer and there to patch them up after a fight' :smalltongue: but please, he should get some time in the spot light.

When I read the last strip, I suddenly noticed I couldn't remeber the last time, Durkon played a significant role and that's sad. Guess it's a class feature of the cleric. Let's call it 'inconspicuous presence' , it's granted to good and neutral clerics at level 1 and it adds a bonus of +2 to hide and move silently but also a malus of -2 to diplomacy and intimidate... ;-)

Majorman
2008-03-04, 02:44 AM
What a great strip. I totally liked it. The assassins' cameo was great and I finally understood why they attempted to kill Roy in the first place - there is a slight resemblence between him and the real king of Nowhere (or was it Somewhere? :smallsmile: ).
Meanwhile Belkars becomes more fond of Mr. Scuffy, who rocked once again! I can't wait to see them in action once again.

Finally, we got to know Niu's class which is good.

Alyorbase
2008-03-04, 10:05 AM
Wow these last few strips have been great Giant! My compliments:smallsmile:

Syraider
2008-03-04, 12:52 PM
the comics is cool xD

http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/5bAq.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/5bAq)http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/4pZ7.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/4pZ7)http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/WTAC.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/WTAC)http://dragcave.ath.cx/image/239Q.gif (http://dragcave.ath.cx/viewdragon/239Q)
click my dragons

Wreckingrocc
2008-03-04, 01:42 PM
Mixed Emotions.

:smallbiggrin: :smallcool: :smallwink: :smallmad: :smallsigh: :smallsmile: :smallamused: :smallannoyed: :smallconfused: :smallconfused: :smallyuk: :smalleek: :roy:

hajo
2008-03-04, 01:49 PM
Durkon get's awfully little screen time and lines?
I suddenly noticed I couldn't remeber the last time, Durkon played a significant role
His last big solo-action was in Cliffport, "Weathercontrol (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0352.html)".
Since then, during the invasion of AC, all those comics in heaven, on the boats, and in AC again, indeed there hasn't been much 'action' for Durkon.

Qov
2008-03-04, 02:08 PM
Durkon gets awfully little screen time and lines [...] please, he should get some time in the spot light.

He got a sex scene and the defeat of the dog park flora. In the final battle he did kill both of Hinjo's would-be assassins. I guess we see less of him because he's quiet and low maintenance. Some people like it that way.