PDA

View Full Version : a meeting in cliffport

tenguro
2008-03-02, 09:37 PM
Ok I got to thinking in comic 458 nale said he wanted to go to cliffport to get his and thogs magic items back: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0458.html
I know its been 3 months but do you think the LG and haley, belkar, and celia, along with Roy's body, will meet up?

SlightlyEvil
2008-03-02, 09:44 PM
Hrm, wouldn't be suprised if it did happen this way. On the other hand, the LG are certainly persona non grata in Cliffport, after that whole mass murder business. Nale would probably have the sense to get the hell out of Dodge as soon as he can.

Jayngfet
2008-03-02, 09:57 PM
Hrm, wouldn't be suprised if it did happen this way. On the other hand, the LG are certainly persona non grata in Cliffport, after that whole mass murder business. Nale would probably have the sense to get the hell out of Dodge as soon as he can.

meh, he prolly needs like a natrul 20 on a saving throw against stupid vengence

this is the guy with the genre savvy class who just let a horde of monster mooks try to beat the oots, rather than combining forces, kicking their asses twice as fast and leave the dungeon to make a small kingdome somewhere peaceful enough to use first level warriors to guard huge towns.

Grey Watcher
2008-03-02, 10:01 PM
Ok I got to thinking in comic 458 nale said he wanted to go to cliffport to get his and thogs magic items back: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0458.html
I know its been 3 months but do you think the LG and haley, belkar, and celia, along with Roy's body, will meet up?

Actually, I thought they were going shopping to REPLACE the gear they left in Cliffport, not that they were going back to Cliffport to get their stuff. I'd hardly call that shopping. Well, we shall see when Nale comes up again.

Neftren
2008-03-02, 10:05 PM

Then again, you need to remember how easily Sabine had managed to trick the police. I'm sure a simple disguise spell would suffice. I mean really, the OotS and the Linear Guild are definitely over level 13 or so... at least that's what I think it was the last time I checked. I'll have to go back and make sure.

If Nale still has not grown out his beard/goatee, he could very well be mistaken for Elan too.

factotum
2008-03-03, 02:42 AM
You'd have to explain why the Linear Guild would have spent at least five months (by the time Haley and the others get there) in Cliffport rather than heading off to the other continent to look for Girard's Gate...

Felixaar
2008-03-03, 04:33 AM
Nale said that they left their magic items in cliffport, not that they were going to cliffport. While this could happen, I just cant see anything evolving from it excpet a team up, which has happened already. Twice.

David Argall
2008-03-03, 08:11 PM
The LG shouldn't still be in Cliffport, but there are reasonable ways to keep them there. One is that Nale and friends were caught by the law and only manage to break jail at a time convenient for meeting Haley.

Emanick
2008-03-03, 08:44 PM
Cliffport is like the Adventuring Capital of the World, from what we know. There should be enough high-level adventurers floating around to at least subdue the Linear Guild, at least plausibly.
It's an interesting idea, but since Haley and Belkar are going back to Warthog's, the scenery might get a little repetitive.